Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    So, cell phone company's don't sell batteries at their stores. At least my provider doesn't. I find one I need. Call them up on my dying phone. It dies within twenty minutes of use now BTW and proceed to order the part. Get done with everything and my address is incorrect? So call up the bank to find out they did bill me for the item but for some reason my old military address was the active one that needed to be used. Take care of the card problem.

Again, I call back to correct the problem with the purchase with the company. Get through the whole order again and the card information is wrong again. So I'm like wtf. I tell the kid, he sounded like a kid on the phone; my MiL. address. He's like is that some halfway home address? Excuse me? No, that's a military address. Marine Corps. Oh, well I hate the military and they do nothing for this country. I keep my patience with this kid. Give him the needed information. Mind you the whole time he's huffing and puffing, not speaking clearly into the phone. Basically being a giant D-bag because I served this country. Okay, I get it but, don't be an a$$hole to me on the phone about it, since I am the customer who is keeping his mouth shut about your comments towards me. I complete the order so I thought.

Something in me told me to call back to make sure. This time the associate was nice and immediately saw the problem with my order.

Come to find out that mother fvcker typed up the wrong information. I shlt you not. 1234 Darwin lane. Phone number 123-456-7890. Order number 0987654321 <---- Actually typed this into the information box.

I get transferred to the supervisor because of this. Explain to him what happened. We fix the problem, free overnight shipping. Would have cost 29$ btw and hopefully I actually did convince him to drug test this mofo cause he did sound high as hell, not to mention being disrespectful to a service member but to a customer as well. Some people need to keep there own thoughts and opinions to themselves. Hopefully karma catches up to this punk and rears it's ugly head. /
    You did the right thing... hopefully some kid learns a lesson the hard way as to the error of his ways. Don't ever fvck with a Marine, they can and will cut your head off and sh*t down your neck in the blink of an eye.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    Wait, she is deaf in one ear now?

I know she won't go for something so drastic... yet. I hope she doesn't have to resort to that :/
    There were times when I would have.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    There were times when I would have.
    I wont tell her it is going to get that bad :/ Reading what you guys are saying, I get a bad feeling that as many meltdowns and passing out she has had, she hasn't seen the worst yet

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    I wont tell her it is going to get that bad :/ Reading what you guys are saying, I get a bad feeling that as many meltdowns and passing out she has had, she hasn't seen the worst yet
    No guarantees with that disease. It could be not so bad. It could go away on it's own. It's all over the place.

Don't get freaked.
    Educate yourself?
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    You did the right thing... hopefully some kid learns a lesson the hard way as to the error of his ways. Don't ever fvck with a Marine, they can and will cut your head off and sh*t down your neck in the blink of an eye.
    Isn't that the truth, a Marines temper is about .00000001 sec fuze from going peaceful to a nice violent throat punch.

Hopefully, he does learn a lesson, hopefully it's something valuable in which a vet helps him and the only thing he can do is swallow his pride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    You know what I'm pissed about?

I'm pissed that because of my cancer treatment, heavy thinking takes longer for me to do. I'm sure it's a combination of permanent brain damage and "temporary" chemobrain that will (and has been) getting better over time, but I haven't been on chemotherapy now for 3 years and I'm still fighting it. Granted, I'd rather be where I am now than be in the complete fog I was in throughout most of 2009, but that doesn't change how frustrating it is.

My attention to detail suffers the most. I tend to be pretty meticulous and I used to notice the little things pretty quickly. Now, it can take me a very long time to notice them. This is probably the biggest factor in things taking longer to do now. I have a pretty deep fear that it's going to result in some really tough going once I hit the job market shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    No, only 8 weekly sessions. From what I could tell, it was pretty mild stuff too. I was supposed to get cisplatin (some serious sh|t) but it was incompatible with my Meniere's Disease. They had to give me carboplatin instead.

I was definitely humbled when I went in to the hospital feeling all sorry for myself. Compared to some of the crap that other patients had to go through, my treatment was a cake-walk. I walked out of there under my own steam every day and never puked once. And I came out cured! I was very lucky.

It's no wonder I don't get pissed off anymore. Cured of stage 4 carcinoma and I ride a mountain bike.
    I'm going to do a lot less complaining. I'd also like to be there for someone who is a lot less fortunate then I am.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Cancer pisses me off too. It just took the life of a friend tonight. I didn't see her too often because of distance, but it's a very tight-knit community and it's hit all of us pretty hard. She battled for a couple of years before she was discharged from the hospital yesterday so she could say her farewells. It was a tumor behind her heart, and she was in one of the best hospitals in the country. They just couldn't win against it.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

I have a friend who's on a severe downward turn lately and I think this might be the time. She has had severe downturns before but this time the docs can't get her liver functioning right. Jaundice, ammonia in her blood, nasty. Stage 4 breast cancer for her. She has been living with it since before I met her 2 1/2 years ago. It is a miracle in itself

Sup
    my wife lost her mom to cancer
    this is before we met
    holidays can be hard here
    I wish more than anything I could have met her
    I swear I can feel her presence over my kids some days

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

I build my own.
    So we're in agreement then. Cancer sucks.

This should really piss us off then.

Gumnut Peddler
    Couple of dizzy spells later and I now have more **** hanging off me than our christmas tree.

Heart holter monitor for the loose!

Looks like I will be off the bike for a bit as well, so double whammy.

Fingers crossed its nothing though.
    Burning fat, not oil.

Sup
    damn Grinderz
    get well man
    being off the bike sucks

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

Gumnut Peddler
    Yep. Funny how I started to feel unwell after the XC season finished and epic training sessions died off.
    Decked out at work a few times over the last 2 weeks. First time was a really weird feeling. Felt kind of off, got up from desk to get some wind in my sails/get some fresh air, and bam. Felt like my heart was in my throat and everything just kinda blurred out till I was on the floor.

The times after that just really really sucked and is at the point now where if I feel a little strange, I get super anxious that I will hit the deck again - which seems to fuel the fire, so to speak.

Already been over diet and hydration levels, so next step is this heart holter thing. To be honest it sucks a lot to wear it (only been a few hours thus far) but I am at the point where I will do almost anything to be back to feeling 100% again.

Did sneak out a ride last weekend, but was only a quick one at 30% output just in case.
    Burning fat, not oil.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Dang dude, heal-up fast...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

~Disc~Golf~
    dood - you can be rebuilt

We will make you ;
    Better. Faster. Stronger.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

I build my own.
    Good luck Grinderz.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hang in there Grinderz.

duh
    Grinderz hope ya get better soon

Carbon & Ti rule
    Ahh having to go to the Mother inlaw's for Xmas,

I'm taking my bike so I can get out of there.

bust a move
    Hoping all checks out okay Grinderz!
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

mtbr member
    Ironic. ...waiting on hold with phone support and I came across this thread.
    Just because you can't hear them scream doesn't mean they don't. Save a plant, eat meat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratefly View Post
    Ironic. ...waiting on hold with phone support and I came across this thread.
    Hello, this is India! May I be of service?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

I have a friend who's on a severe downward turn lately and I think this might be the time. She has had severe downturns before but this time the docs can't get her liver functioning right. Jaundice, ammonia in her blood, nasty. Stage 4 breast cancer for her. She has been living with it since before I met her 2 1/2 years ago. It is a miracle in itself
    Her cancer is in her brain and spinal cord now, and she's going to hospice.

mtbr member
    Her cancer is in her brain and spinal cord now, and she's going to hospice.
    Oh man, I hope she'll have a peaceful passing.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide

Bonking ... not feelin' well

OMG NateHawk I am so sorry to read this..
    I went through this with my dad and I hope they give her all the morphine she can handle...They did for my dad and it not only helped him but us too knowing he didn't suffer.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast