Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Now I'm depressed. I figured I'd be over chemo-brain in a few months or a year or so. I had to shut down my main source of income (web programming) because of chemo-brain.
    You didn't get as much as I did, though, did you? I got chemo for 9 months. And everybody reacts to it a little differently, too. Like I mentioned, I can't really tell how much is real permanent brain damage and how much is chemobrain.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    Thanks for the support guys. One question. What do you put on those applications when you have been fired from every job you had had and your last job of 2 years gives bad references?

Fired from every job? Are you freakin for real?

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    You didn't get as much as I did, though, did you? I got chemo for 9 months. And everybody reacts to it a little differently, too. Like I mentioned, I can't really tell how much is real permanent brain damage and how much is chemobrain.
    No, only 8 weekly sessions. From what I could tell, it was pretty mild stuff too. I was supposed to get cisplatin (some serious sh|t) but it was incompatible with my Meniere's Disease. They had to give me carboplatin instead.

I was definitely humbled when I went in to the hospital feeling all sorry for myself. Compared to some of the crap that other patients had to go through, my treatment was a cake-walk. I walked out of there under my own steam every day and never puked once. And I came out cured! I was very lucky.

It's no wonder I don't get pissed off anymore. Cured of stage 4 carcinoma and I ride a mountain bike.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

No, only 8 weekly sessions. From what I could tell, it was pretty mild stuff too. I was supposed to get cisplatin (some serious sh|t) but it was incompatible with my Meniere's Disease. They had to give me carboplatin instead.

I was definitely humbled when I went in to the hospital feeling all sorry for myself. Compared to some of the crap that other patients had to go through, my treatment was a cake-walk. I walked out of there under my own steam every day and never puked once. And I came out cured! I was very lucky.

It's no wonder I don't get pissed off anymore. Cured of stage 4 carcinoma and I ride a mountain bike.
    No doubt, man. I think I only puked twice related to treatment. The first time being on my 8th chemo cycle, when they switched me to outpatient treatment and didn't give me zofran. The second when I got my first dose of 5-Ara-C a few months later in hopes of boosting my platelets (it didn't work). So even then, I'm lucky. I know people who have HUGE mental blocks 5+ years down the line, serious bone damage (hip replacements and stuff), stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Fired from every job? Are you freakin for real?
    I wasn't going to say anything, but....yeah. Srsly?

I'm your density
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    Easy
    I lololol'd
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    Ty Webb

mtbr member
    Trail Ninja, I would love it if you pm me details Nothing is tying me to location other than the fact I can't afford to go anywhere. Traveling on someone else's dime sounds like a dream! What kind of work is it too? I'm not exactly the deckhand or oil rigger type

Also, my best friend was recently diagnosed with mienere's. She can barely drive or walk some days, let alone Mountain bike! How the hell do you keep it in check? She is being crippled by it

Not to be a Debbie downer about cancer... But my uncle recently beat a very aggressive brain cancer. He was making a full recovery after a best case prognosis for a young healthy non smoker was 14 months (he is old, diabetic, and lifetime smoker). Then, a few months ago he changed overnight. He was stumbling around, confused, slurring. They thought his cancer came back. That would have been best case. The chemo fried his brain stem. Docs said there is no chance of any recovery. He will only get worse. Gotta love modern medicine sometimes. The cure is killing him slower than the cancer was. He wanted to stop chemo after a few sessions too, but family talked him of it. Almost like he knew...

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post

Also, my best friend was recently diagnosed with mienere's. She can barely drive or walk some days, let alone Mountain bike! How the hell do you keep it in check? She is being crippled by it
    Gyros, and I'm not kidding.

Magura

banned

My mother has had Mienere's for over 30 years. she is now mostly cured. She has a support group for it and ended having one ear drum removed. For some time she could not even drive and barely walk without trouble. Diet plays a huge role with the disease, if you want pm your email and I will forward it to my Mom, Cheers SL

Sup
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    My XX1 showed up today "SWEET"
    The hub driver did not "not sweet"
    They better be coming in a separate box.
    Right now QBP is showing the will be available in late march.
    They had them available to open buy when I ordered my groupo.
    If they did not put aside the drivers to those who pre ordered the gropo with them I don't think I will be the only one ranting.
    So much for knowing what XX1 will be like before the end of the world.
    STUPID MAYAN'S !!!!!!!!

Sj
    It came in today
    I overreacted
    Sorry QBP I still love you
    I feel happy
    I will go find a new thread

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    It came in today
    I overreacted
    Sorry QBP I still love you
    I feel happy
    I will go find a new thread

Sj
    Great, happy to hear that. You have been coveting this thing for quite some time.
    I truly felt sorry for you yesterday.

Magura

Is not amused
    Just checking in so I remember to post later about crap that happened today....

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    Trail Ninja, I would love it if you pm me details Nothing is tying me to location other than the fact I can't afford to go anywhere. Traveling on someone else's dime sounds like a dream! What kind of work is it too? I'm not exactly the deckhand or oil rigger type

Not to be a Debbie downer about cancer... But my uncle recently beat a very aggressive brain cancer. He was making a full recovery after a best case prognosis for a young healthy non smoker was 14 months (he is old, diabetic, and lifetime smoker). Then, a few months ago he changed overnight. He was stumbling around, confused, slurring. They thought his cancer came back. That would have been best case. The chemo fried his brain stem. Docs said there is no chance of any recovery. He will only get worse. Gotta love modern medicine sometimes. The cure is killing him slower than the cancer was. He wanted to stop chemo after a few sessions too, but family talked him of it. Almost like he knew...
    My sister is a sound tech in the music industry. We (I'm not a tech, just a roadie) used to work with some of the bigger Canadian bands. I went elsewhere and she eventually semi-retired to work in the same field on cruise ships. She's now working part-time as a tour guide (adventure tourism) all over the world. In the last 6 months she's been to China, Africa, South America somewhere (a hike up the Amazon) and Algonquin Park.

I was thinking with your cooking skills you can get on the ships in a field you like. She would take a one way or positioning cruise, hang out for a couple of months in Nepal or somewhere and then catch another ship somewhere else. Paid while travelling and backpacking in between gigs.

I've had Meniere's for over 30 years. It's a weird disease that effects people differently. My attacks are severe but infrequent compared to most people I've read about. Most of the time I walk like I'm drunk but I seem to have a handle on riding. When I have a severe attack I can't even stand up let alone ride. They can sometimes last for a couple of weeks but I've gone as long as 5 years without an attack. Much better than some folks who have to deal with attacks every few days. I understand the suicide rate amongst Meniere's sufferers is very high. I'm a very happy-go-lucky kind of person but there have been times...

I just recently got a prescription that seems to take the edge off the symptoms of an attack. (betahistine dihydrochloride) It doesn't work great but it's better than nothing.

Due to the nature of my lifestyle, I've been in some scary situations. Stuck 50 miles out in the wilderness not able to stand up for a week, is no fun. Well, not much fun.

The cancer? Either it will kill me or it won't. In the mean time I'll have fun. I've done everything on my bucket list and even a few things I wasn't aware I wanted to do. I'm good to go anytime.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Gumnut Peddler
    Burning fat, not oil.

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinderz View Post
    "You must spread..."

Is not amused
    So, cell phone company's don't sell batteries at their stores. At least my provider doesn't. I find one I need. Call them up on my dying phone. It dies within twenty minutes of use now BTW and proceed to order the part. Get done with everything and my address is incorrect? So call up the bank to find out they did bill me for the item but for some reason my old military address was the active one that needed to be used. Take care of the card problem.

Again, I call back to correct the problem with the purchase with the company. Get through the whole order again and the card information is wrong again. So I'm like wtf. I tell the kid, he sounded like a kid on the phone; my MiL. address. He's like is that some halfway home address? Excuse me? No, that's a military address. Marine Corps. Oh, well I hate the military and they do nothing for this country. I keep my patience with this kid. Give him the needed information. Mind you the whole time he's huffing and puffing, not speaking clearly into the phone. Basically being a giant D-bag because I served this country. Okay, I get it but, don't be an a$$hole to me on the phone about it, since I am the customer who is keeping his mouth shut about your comments towards me. I complete the order so I thought.

Something in me told me to call back to make sure. This time the associate was nice and immediately saw the problem with my order.

Come to find out that mother fvcker typed up the wrong information. I shlt you not. 1234 Darwin lane. Phone number 123-456-7890. Order number 0987654321 <---- Actually typed this into the information box.

I get transferred to the supervisor because of this. Explain to him what happened. We fix the problem, free overnight shipping. Would have cost 29$ btw and hopefully I actually did convince him to drug test this mofo cause he did sound high as hell, not to mention being disrespectful to a service member but to a customer as well. Some people need to keep there own thoughts and opinions to themselves. Hopefully karma catches up to this punk and rears it's ugly head. /

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard View Post
    If I hear "pull the trigger" one more f-ing time I am going to fcuk someone up!
    I'm gonna pop a cap in your ass! Lol
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Dissolved member
    The cancer? Either it will kill me or it won't. In the mean time I'll have fun. I've done everything on my bucket list and even a few things I wasn't aware I wanted to do. I'm good to go anytime.
    You, sir, have been liberated. I suspect you will have more joy in the rest of your days than many people currently in their late teens.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Wow Hutch what a story!! Some people are beyond help and that kid is no exception. Tx for your service !!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    Wow Hutch what a story!! Some people are beyond help and that kid is no exception. Tx for your service !!
    Thank you but, I must come clean. My service was to piss off the service members. MP

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Thank you but, I must come clean. My service was to piss off the service members. MP
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard View Post

My mother has had Mienere's for over 30 years. she is now mostly cured. She has a support group for it and ended having one ear drum removed. For some time she could not even drive and barely walk without trouble. Diet plays a huge role with the disease, if you want pm your email and I will forward it to my Mom, Cheers SL
    Wait, she is deaf in one ear now?

I know she won't go for something so drastic... yet. I hope she doesn't have to resort to that :/

parenting for gnarness
    Grrr. discovered I had lost my credit card today, and been using another card without noticing. Made some calls to my banks to see recent purchases, and after wading through my wife's stuff I was able to find the intersection point where I went from 1 card to the other last Thursday. Happened while I was on my CX bike pub crawl with some buddies!!! Called the bar and they had it behind the counter WHEW!!!

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    Grrr. discovered I had lost my credit card today, and been using another card without noticing. Made some calls to my banks to see recent purchases, and after wading through my wife's stuff I was able to find the intersection point where I went from 1 card to the other last Thursday. Happened while I was on my CX bike pub crawl with some buddies!!! Called the bar and they had it behind the counter WHEW!!!
    Your new nickname is " Damn Lucky"
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    Your new nickname is " Dame Lucky"
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast