Friday!

Printable View

• 05-09-2014
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for a new Friday thread this one never existed due to sock default.
  • 05-09-2014
    osokolo
    Friday!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post

Sock defeat.

Fridays ain't the same since.
  • 05-09-2014
    askibum02
    Friday!
    I actually had a Friday, well the whole weekend, off. I drove to Charlotte with my son and our bikes. We went to a reset festival for some live music, and I drank a couple beers while watching Back to the Future III. All in all it was a good Friday.

Sent from a telecommunication device with a touch screen keyboard.
  • 05-10-2014
    OscarW
    Quote:

Sadly true..:eekster:

Quote:

Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    Sock defeat.

Fridays ain't the same since.

Bummer:madman:
  • 05-10-2014
    DIRTJUNKIE
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    Sadly true..:eekster:

Bummer:madman:

Yes the door is wide open for someone other than a sock to start a new and improved Friday thread.
  • 05-30-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    Bump up…… hey everyone it's FRIDAY!!!!!
  • 05-30-2014
    SCR818
    But it's not Saturday until tomorrow. It is payday, though so yippy!
  • 05-30-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    Live in the moment Hawg, yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come…… and it's FRIDAY!!
  • 05-30-2014
    Bike&Fish
    Woot woot!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk
  • 05-30-2014
    SCR818
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishful Tomcat View Post
    Live in the moment Hawg, yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come…… and it's FRIDAY!!

Good points of the day:
    *payday- other job
    *I am working- my business
    *I will get paid by clients

Bad points of the day:
    *paying bills
    *working
    *NOT RIDING

However, tomorrow brings:
    *RIDING!!!!
  • 05-30-2014
    life behind bars
    Yay for Friday!!!
  • 05-30-2014
    Flyin_W
    Yay, done for the day!
    Time to run, and prepare for fun tomorrow riding bikes in costume, and drinking good beer. Happy Friday!!

(tapa)
  • 06-20-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    Friday!!!! Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!
  • 06-20-2014
    SCR818
    Thanks, WT, I will if I can get through today. Yesterday's work kicked my a$$ and today is looking much the same. :skep:
  • 06-20-2014
    Gordon Shumway
    Friggin Friday, finally!

Dragging today after dinner last night for my grandparents 60th anniversary. Have another celebration tonight that I need to sneak away from to get up at o'dark thirty for the real weekend to begin! Lots of riding planned.
  • 06-20-2014
    SCR818
    Well, the stressful week has finally caught up with me. I now have a low grade migraine headache. Wonderful.
  • 06-20-2014
    osokolo
    Friday!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Well, the stressful week has finally caught up with me. I now have a low grade migraine headache. Wonderful.

Sure symptom of ban hammer coming. That's how AZ felt in his last moments.
  • 06-20-2014
    SCR818
    Quote:

Sure symptom of ban hammer coming. That's how AZ felt in his last moments.

With some regret, I accept the ultimate outcome of 19,999 posts.
  • 06-20-2014
    osokolo
    Friday!
    Quote:

With some regret, I accept the ultimate outcome of 19,999 posts.

Something is telling me GOB will pull the plug.

And then post another selfie.
  • 06-20-2014
    SCR818
    Quote:

Something is telling me GOB will pull the plug.

And then post another selfie.

I have the same feeling. Perhaps she will post a pic of the panties she never wears afterward.
  • 06-20-2014
    Katz
    It's 22:00 just east of Louisville, KY. Here I sit inside the building of a hot and muggy steel mill while they are trying to find the last piece of steel that's supposed to ship out on my truck. Been here since 10:00. My last meal was a double chocolate muffin I had around 15:00. I'm hungry, tired, sweaty and sticky.

I hope all you are having a better Friday than I. Have some stiff adult beverage for me!
  • 06-23-2014
    osokolo
    Friday!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    It's 22:00 just east of Louisville, KY. Here I sit inside the building of a hot and muggy steel mill while they are trying to find the last piece of steel that's supposed to ship out on my truck. Been here since 10:00. My last meal was a double chocolate muffin I had around 15:00. I'm hungry, tired, sweaty and sticky.

I hope all you are having a better Friday than I. Have some stiff adult beverage for me!

Define stiff adult beverage please. The picture that came to mind wasn't tidy.
  • 06-23-2014
    Katz
    Any kind of alcoholic beverage that gets you from zero to shyt-faced in 3.5 shots.

I guess this is not a common expression? I've heard some old guys using that phrase.
  • 06-23-2014
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

Any kind of alcoholic beverage that gets you from zero to shyt-faced in 3.5 shots.

I guess this is not a common expression? I've heard some old guys using that phrase.

I think it's more commonly referred to as a "stiff one". Used in a phrase "hey bartender give me a stiff one".

In today's world though you have to be careful of what kind of bar your in when you say that. Doh! :eekster:
  • 06-23-2014
    Katz
    Quote:

In today's world though you have to be careful of what kind of bar your in when you say that. Doh! :eekster:

:lol: True that!

On a similar note, when I started driving a semi, I called somebody "good buddy" on CB, which was commonly used in the movie Convoy. Didn't learn until later on that it refers to guys who play for the other team these days.
  • 06-23-2014
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

:lol: True that!

On a similar note, when I started driving a semi, I called somebody "good buddy" on CB, which was commonly used in the movie Convoy. Didn't learn until later on that it refers to guys who play for the other team these days.

Ha,ha too funny..
  • 06-23-2014
    osokolo
    Friday!
    Quote:

I think it's more commonly referred to as a "stiff one". Used in a phrase "hey bartender give me a stiff one".

Yes sir. Thank you.
  • 06-27-2014
    cyclelicious
    1 Attachment(s)
    TGIF!!!

And it's a long weekend for some :) Oh Ca-na- daaaaa!

Attachment 904146
  • 06-27-2014
    Flyin_W
    My plans for today changed quickly when a U-Haul truck

pulled an illegal U-ey into me.. It gets better, just learned that she has no insurance. :mad:
    Ahhh screw it - I really need to go ride. TGIF y'all.
  • 06-27-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post

Score!!!! Free lunch!!!
  • 06-27-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    pulled an illegal U-ey into me.. It gets better, just learned that she has no insurance. :mad:

Damn Flyin_W, hope your ride helps you out!
  • 06-27-2014
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Rats! How do you recover?

In canada it's law that everyone has to have insurance. Can you go to court... ?
  • 06-27-2014
    Burt4x4
    Dang Flyin_W = sucks

In Cali it is law to carry insurance but it's very common for folks to not have it so I have uninsured driver coverage added. Actually that is how I got my money to buy my MTB. I was in Target..came out to the parking lot only to find a basketball size dent in my rear quarter panel. Ins gave me 2 K to fix it, go tit fixed for 1K and bought a MTB with the rest :-)
    Good Luck
    Oh Happy FRIDAY!!! :-)
  • 06-27-2014
    Flyin_W
    Re: Friday!
    Thanks guys, I too have coverage for uninsured motorists. But.... there's a deductible, and my experience tells me to bend over - no lube.

My body shop guy is off today, so I'm now going to get dirty, and tune this noise out. Cheers,

(tapa)
  • 06-27-2014
    Burt4x4
    ^True, my $500 deductable was taken out of the check they mailed to me..still a win as I didn't have any out of pocket expence and I got a MTB with the "extra" money :-)
    Work it, don't just bend over hehehe my wife tought me that, DOOH!!
  • 06-27-2014
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Thanks guys, I too have coverage for uninsured motorists. But.... there's a deductible, and my experience tells me to bend over - no lube.

My body shop guy is off today, so I'm now going to get dirty, and tune this noise out. Cheers,

(tapa)

Just glad you weren't injured. Happy Friday :)
  • 06-27-2014
    deke505
    Quote:

(tapa)

Can't you go after U-haul for renting to an unisured person?
  • 06-27-2014
    heyyall
    Friday!
    Looks totaled from an insurance perspective. That is going to add to the rubbing you raw.
  • 06-27-2014
    Flyin_W
    Amazing how a fun ride followed by a beer adds perspective. Yes, my insurance will cover some of the loss, U-Haul too I feel has some responsibility. Will also attend the court hearing for the uninsured driver. Regardless, it was an expensive & frustrating week. Happy weekend all!

(tapa)
  • 06-27-2014
    Cornfield
    Hope it all works out in your favor, W! I got a better vehicle out of my last wreck (PITA, though)

Glad you got some rolling relief :thumbsup:
  • 06-27-2014
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

Amazing how a fun ride followed by a beer adds perspective. Yes, my insurance will cover some of the loss, U-Haul too I feel has some responsibility. Will also attend the court hearing for the uninsured driver. Regardless, it was an expensive & frustrating week. Happy weekend all!

(tapa)

Oh wow FW that's quite the bummer. Glad no one was injured and that you're insured. Yep go ride and fogetboutit.
  • 07-05-2014
    Flyin_W
    Happy Friday ya buggers!
    (pfffft)...
    Time to go ride,

(tapa)
  • 07-25-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    Is it Friday?????…..yes it is and it's a gorgeous day in the mid-Atlantic!!!! :smilewinkgrin:
  • 07-25-2014
    norton55
    Quote:

Is it Friday?????…..yes it is and it's a gorgeous day in the mid-Atlantic!!!! :smilewinkgrin:

You're in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?
  • 07-25-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    Mid-atlantic states ;)
  • 07-25-2014
    norton55
    I see..........;)
  • 07-25-2014
    J. Fragera
    It's going to be a beautiful weekend to ride with low humidity and decent temperatures (if you live in the southeast in July you know why this is a big deal), but I promised my daughter that I would paint her room this weekend for part of her birthday gift. Love to make my daughter happy, but...

• 07-25-2014
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    You're in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?

Norton!!!
    Every time I try to rep you I get a big fat NO.
  • 07-25-2014
    norton55
    Quote:

Norton!!!
    Every time I try to rep you I get a big fat NO.

It's the thought thats counts.
  • 07-25-2014
    DIRTJUNKIE
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    It's the thought thats counts.

True!
  • 07-25-2014
    WA-CO
    Ride THEN paint
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Fragera View Post
    It's going to be a beautiful weekend to ride....but I promised my daughter that I would paint her room this weekend...

Maybe get out early for a couple hours, come back and get that roller busy. Could try to do a bit of the prep work tonight? Where there's a will there's a way.
  • 07-25-2014
    J. Fragera
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WA-CO View Post
    Maybe get out early for a couple hours, come back and get that roller busy. Could try to do a bit of the prep work tonight? Where there's a will there's a way.

No doubt! Worst case scenario, I can go do a run, or road ride since my time is real limited. It's not my first choice, but by the time I get loaded up and make a trip the local trail system, it's at the least a 3 hour endeavor not including a shower. I actually do plan to get the room cleared this afternoon after work. The biggest problem that I get into is that when it comes to painting, I'm a stickler for perfection... so I paint slow.
  • 07-25-2014
    Cornfield
    Quote:

I'm a stickler for perfection... so I paint slow.

Me too! I must say though: get some quality paint and do it once (might need two for a drastic color change) You could be out riding instead of putting on a second coat. I hadn't been a fan of S.W. Duration matte for a long time. I painted a bathroom with it today, put on the first coat not even trying, and could've called it good! I think they may have improved that product.
  • 07-25-2014
    J. Fragera
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Me too! I must say though: get some quality paint and do it once (might need two for a drastic color change) You could be out riding instead of putting on a second coat. I hadn't been a fan of S.W. Duration matte for a long time. I painted a bathroom with it today, put on the first coat not even trying, and could've called it good! I think they may have improved that product.

Good info, mang! I'll look out for it when I go get the color mixed. The color change isn't too drastic so maybe I'll be able to wrap this shiz quicker and go let the trails beat me up by Sunday!

Rep++
  • 07-25-2014
    Cornfield
    Quote:

Good info, mang! I'll look out for it when I go get the color mixed. The color change isn't too drastic so maybe I'll be able to wrap this shiz quicker and go let the trails beat me up by Sunday!

Rep++

Thanks J! It's at Sherwin Williams. Flows good, covers good, supposed to be easy to clean, but I haven't tried yet. It's about $58 a gallon, tho (sure beats two cheap gallons + doing two coats)

Edit: Keep in mind that there are many variables: Preparation, tools you're using, technique, stopping halfway through to get a sandwich and a beer...
  • 07-25-2014
    cyclelicious
    So happy the work week is finito! Hope to squeeze in a couple rides despite rain in the forcast
  • 07-26-2014
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

So happy the work week is finito! Hope to squeeze in a couple rides despite rain in the forcast

Good luck with that Judy you deserve it. Especially with all the internet searching you've been doing lately to keep us all rolling on the floor with laughter. :thumbsup: Keep up the good work.
  • 08-08-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    Friday and I'm beat nothing that a weekend won't cure! Happy Friday everyone!
  • 08-08-2014
    J. Fragera
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Thanks J! It's at Sherwin Williams. Flows good, covers good, supposed to be easy to clean, but I haven't tried yet. It's about $58 a gallon, tho (sure beats two cheap gallons + doing two coats)

Edit: Keep in mind that there are many variables: Preparation, tools you're using, technique, stopping halfway through to get a sandwich and a beer...

Tried it out, and it was awesome! It went fast enough that I was able to get a 44 mile road ride, and a 10 mile run before the weekend was over! The only bad thing to come out of all of this is that it went well enough that my wife wants me to paint our guest bathroom this weekend. Dammit.

At least I won't be at my office!
  • 08-08-2014
    cyclelicious
    It's been a long work week... Besides my regular work responsibilities I've been doing interviews to fill several positions.
    Planning on hitting the DH slopes with my honey! Saturday and Sunday Yippee!

Happy Friday Everyone :)
  • 08-15-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    Friday!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
  • 08-29-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    Bump, bump, bumpin' this thread

Friday and a long weekend :yesnod::thumbsup: Have an awesome holiday weekend everyone!
  • 08-29-2014
    Cornfield
    Quote:

Tried it out, and it was awesome! It went fast enough that I was able to get a 44 mile road ride, and a 10 mile run before the weekend was over! The only bad thing to come out of all of this is that it went well enough that my wife wants me to paint our guest bathroom this weekend. Dammit.

At least I won't be at my office!

Lol! Nice! Don't know how I missed your post, glad it worked out!

Quote:

Bump, bump, bumpin' this thread

Friday and a long weekend :yesnod::thumbsup: Have an awesome holiday weekend everyone!

You too,TC! I'm hoping for an epic ride tomorrow morning, If I can get up early enough :yawn:
  • 08-29-2014
    Shakester
    3 day weekend. Here I come!
  • 08-29-2014
    MattNorv
    4 day weekend and plans for trail riding, YES!
  • 08-29-2014
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Looking forward to working my ass off on Saturday and Monday.
    Happy Friday everyone.
  • 08-29-2014
    lewisfoto
    1 Attachment(s)
    Friday thoughts
  • 08-29-2014
    Mookie
    Quote:

Looking forward to working my ass off on Saturday and Monday.
    Happy Friday everyone.

Dang DJ, that's a crappy schedule.
  • 08-29-2014
    Mookie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    Friday thoughts

And sat, sun, mon, tues, wed and thurs. ;)
  • 08-29-2014
    cyclelicious
    Glad this week is done! I took Thursday off (and went dhing :) )but I got a lot done at work today.... and yippee loooong weekend.

Happy Friday Everyone
  • 08-29-2014
    TheGweed
    We have one kid and she left town with a friend and the friends family for the weekend. Wife and I got all the chores done after work today.
    Let the hi jinks begin....
  • 09-05-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    It felt long an awfully long week but it's Friday!!!! Ride safe everyone!
  • 09-05-2014
    MattNorv
    I have a 60 mile mtn bike ride planned this weekend. Hopefully, it all goes smooth.

Thanks for the safe wishes TomCat
  • 09-05-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MattNorv View Post
    I have a 60 mile mtn bike ride planned this weekend. Hopefully, it all goes smooth.

Sounds epic, enjoy!
  • 09-05-2014
    lewisfoto
    1 Attachment(s)
    Have a Coke and a smile...
  • 09-05-2014
    OscarW
    Woohoo Weekend!!! Planning on riding and doing trail work too. Hope the weather holds out!!
  • 09-05-2014
    Shark
    Yay for friday....off to the trails!
  • 09-11-2014
    lewisfoto
    1 Attachment(s)
    Its Thursday but I am thinking about Friday
  • 09-11-2014
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Party foul!!
  • 09-12-2014
    lewisfoto
    1 Attachment(s)
    It's Friday time for some exercise
  • 10-31-2014
    Wishful Tomcat
    ^^^ glad I bumped this thread. Happy Friday to all!!!
  • 02-06-2015
    Wishful Tomcat
    Giving the Friday thread a bump, Happy Friday everyone!
  • 02-06-2015
    Flyin_W
    Quote:

Somebody's been exercising..

^^^ Re-sharing some warmth to all of those freezing their asses of this cold Friday morning..

...sent by dixie cup/string
  • 02-06-2015
    SCR818
    I am only working a half day today, yippeeee!
  • 02-06-2015
    Burt4x4
    FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY!!!

Whooohoooooo
    YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!

Man this coffee is good today :-P

RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 02-06-2015
    net wurker
    Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 02-06-2015
    Mookie
    I have to work longer than a half day but since I've been packing in the hours lately I'm going to see if I can put an 80% day.
  • 02-06-2015
    Burt4x4
    Nice... Hey boss man! Mind if I work an 80% day today? hahahaha
  • 02-06-2015
    cyclelicious
    The weekend is here! Hope for some ride time WoooHooo!
  • 02-06-2015
    Gordon Shumway
    Cheers to AZ's threads living on! Happy Friday...
  • 02-06-2015
    Greg_o
    Who the hell has a round bed. (anymore)
  • 02-06-2015
    Mookie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Burt4x4 View Post
    Nice... Hey boss man! Mind if I work an 80% day today? hahahaha

Ha, I figure it's easier than going for 50%. :thumbsup:
  • 02-06-2015
    Mookie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    Who the hell has a round bed. (anymore)

You should have quoted DJ's post. It took me awhile to figure out what the hell you were talking about. Now that being said I'm happy to see that somebody has a round bed.
  • 02-13-2015
    cyclelicious
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks for the reminder C2L :)

Attachment 963826
  • 02-13-2015
    SCR818
    Quote:

Thanks for the reminder C2L :)

Attachment 963826

From Jason's body language, it would appear that he has a tender side to his personality.

Or is he taken by your beautiful smile?

Or is he overwhelmed by the thought of love from Valentine's Day?
  • 02-13-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

From Jason's body language, it would appear that he has a tender side to his personality.

Or is he taken by your beautiful smile?

Or is he overwhelmed by the thought of love from Valentine's Day?

"(gasp) Oh my I've got my work cutout for me. Back to back killing! " -Jason
  • 05-28-2015
    cyclelicious
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 08-21-2015
    Mookie
    Woohoo, its friday! Tonight it'll be beer, eating and planning for tomorrow's hike.

About time, this week felt long to me.
  • 08-21-2015
    SCR818
    It's funny to see a thread brought back from the depths of Hell that was created by AZ.MTNS.
  • 08-21-2015
    SCR818
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Woohoo, its friday! Tonight it'll be beer, eating and planning for tomorrow's hike.

About time, this week felt long to me.

Where ya hiking?

For me it's gonna be coastal mountains ST riding in the morning fog, then a little work back at home base.