Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Results 751 to 775 of 783

Thread: Friday!

  1. #751
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    21,063
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    It's the thought thats counts.
    True!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Friday!-image.jpg  

    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  2. #752
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    650

    Ride THEN paint

    Quote Originally Posted by J. Fragera View Post
    It's going to be a beautiful weekend to ride....but I promised my daughter that I would paint her room this weekend...
    Maybe get out early for a couple hours, come back and get that roller busy. Could try to do a bit of the prep work tonight? Where there's a will there's a way.

  3. #753
    Token Hillbilly
    Reputation: J. Fragera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by WA-CO View Post
    Maybe get out early for a couple hours, come back and get that roller busy. Could try to do a bit of the prep work tonight? Where there's a will there's a way.
    No doubt! Worst case scenario, I can go do a run, or road ride since my time is real limited. It's not my first choice, but by the time I get loaded up and make a trip the local trail system, it's at the least a 3 hour endeavor not including a shower. I actually do plan to get the room cleared this afternoon after work. The biggest problem that I get into is that when it comes to painting, I'm a stickler for perfection... so I paint slow.
    Trying to win hearts and minds, but willing to stomp them if necessary.

  4. #754
    Ohh Gnarly!!
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Fragera View Post
    I'm a stickler for perfection... so I paint slow.
    Me too! I must say though: get some quality paint and do it once (might need two for a drastic color change) You could be out riding instead of putting on a second coat. I hadn't been a fan of S.W. Duration matte for a long time. I painted a bathroom with it today, put on the first coat not even trying, and could've called it good! I think they may have improved that product.

  5. #755
    Token Hillbilly
    Reputation: J. Fragera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Me too! I must say though: get some quality paint and do it once (might need two for a drastic color change) You could be out riding instead of putting on a second coat. I hadn't been a fan of S.W. Duration matte for a long time. I painted a bathroom with it today, put on the first coat not even trying, and could've called it good! I think they may have improved that product.
    Good info, mang! I'll look out for it when I go get the color mixed. The color change isn't too drastic so maybe I'll be able to wrap this shiz quicker and go let the trails beat me up by Sunday!

    Rep++
    Trying to win hearts and minds, but willing to stomp them if necessary.

  6. #756
    Ohh Gnarly!!
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Fragera View Post
    Good info, mang! I'll look out for it when I go get the color mixed. The color change isn't too drastic so maybe I'll be able to wrap this shiz quicker and go let the trails beat me up by Sunday!

    Rep++
    Thanks J! It's at Sherwin Williams. Flows good, covers good, supposed to be easy to clean, but I haven't tried yet. It's about $58 a gallon, tho (sure beats two cheap gallons + doing two coats)

    Edit: Keep in mind that there are many variables: Preparation, tools you're using, technique, stopping halfway through to get a sandwich and a beer...

  7. #757
    Gnarly
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,146
    So happy the work week is finito! Hope to squeeze in a couple rides despite rain in the forcast
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  8. #758
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    21,063
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    So happy the work week is finito! Hope to squeeze in a couple rides despite rain in the forcast
    Good luck with that Judy you deserve it. Especially with all the internet searching you've been doing lately to keep us all rolling on the floor with laughter. Keep up the good work.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  9. #759
    Only 5 lives left
    Reputation: Wishful Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,482
    Friday and I'm beat nothing that a weekend won't cure! Happy Friday everyone!

  10. #760
    Token Hillbilly
    Reputation: J. Fragera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Thanks J! It's at Sherwin Williams. Flows good, covers good, supposed to be easy to clean, but I haven't tried yet. It's about $58 a gallon, tho (sure beats two cheap gallons + doing two coats)

    Edit: Keep in mind that there are many variables: Preparation, tools you're using, technique, stopping halfway through to get a sandwich and a beer...
    Tried it out, and it was awesome! It went fast enough that I was able to get a 44 mile road ride, and a 10 mile run before the weekend was over! The only bad thing to come out of all of this is that it went well enough that my wife wants me to paint our guest bathroom this weekend. Dammit.

    At least I won't be at my office!
    Trying to win hearts and minds, but willing to stomp them if necessary.

  11. #761
    Gnarly
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,146
    It's been a long work week... Besides my regular work responsibilities I've been doing interviews to fill several positions.
    Planning on hitting the DH slopes with my honey! Saturday and Sunday Yippee!

    Happy Friday Everyone
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  12. #762
    Only 5 lives left
    Reputation: Wishful Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,482
    Friday!!!!!!!!!!

  13. #763
    Only 5 lives left
    Reputation: Wishful Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,482
    Bump, bump, bumpin' this thread


    Friday and a long weekend Have an awesome holiday weekend everyone!

  14. #764
    Ohh Gnarly!!
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Fragera View Post
    Tried it out, and it was awesome! It went fast enough that I was able to get a 44 mile road ride, and a 10 mile run before the weekend was over! The only bad thing to come out of all of this is that it went well enough that my wife wants me to paint our guest bathroom this weekend. Dammit.

    At least I won't be at my office!
    Lol! Nice! Don't know how I missed your post, glad it worked out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Tomcat View Post
    Bump, bump, bumpin' this thread


    Friday and a long weekend Have an awesome holiday weekend everyone!
    You too,TC! I'm hoping for an epic ride tomorrow morning, If I can get up early enough
    All I need are some tasty trails, cool bike, and I'm fine.

  15. #765
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,134
    3 day weekend. Here I come!

  16. #766
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    181
    4 day weekend and plans for trail riding, YES!

  17. #767
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    21,063
    Looking forward to working my ass off on Saturday and Monday.
    Happy Friday everyone.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  18. #768
    Sergeant Spandex
    Reputation: lewisfoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    580
    Friday thoughts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Friday!-friday-thoughts.jpg  


  19. #769
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,741
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Looking forward to working my ass off on Saturday and Monday.
    Happy Friday everyone.
    Dang DJ, that's a crappy schedule.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  20. #770
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,741
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    Friday thoughts
    And sat, sun, mon, tues, wed and thurs.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  21. #771
    Gnarly
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,146
    Glad this week is done! I took Thursday off (and went dhing )but I got a lot done at work today.... and yippee loooong weekend.

    Happy Friday Everyone
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  22. #772
    Hi There!
    Reputation: thegweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    768
    We have one kid and she left town with a friend and the friends family for the weekend. Wife and I got all the chores done after work today.
    Let the hi jinks begin....
    NTFTC

  23. #773
    Only 5 lives left
    Reputation: Wishful Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,482
    It felt long an awfully long week but it's Friday!!!! Ride safe everyone!

  24. #774
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    181
    I have a 60 mile mtn bike ride planned this weekend. Hopefully, it all goes smooth.

    Thanks for the safe wishes TomCat

  25. #775
    Only 5 lives left
    Reputation: Wishful Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,482
    Quote Originally Posted by MattNorv View Post
    I have a 60 mile mtn bike ride planned this weekend. Hopefully, it all goes smooth.
    Sounds epic, enjoy!

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •