T.g.i.f
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Friday!-yeehaw.jpg  

Gnarly
    We got heavy snowfall overnight ... I'm thinking warm happy thoughts too

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

AZ
    banned
    Chance of snow later also, happy Friday.

No Stranger to danger....
    Is already saturday here, why the hell are you guys always so late over there, talk about being behind the times.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Is already saturday here, why the hell are you guys always so late over there, talk about being behind the times.

Why in such a hurry for Friday to be over?

official eMpTyBRain
    The rest of the world is a "day late, and a dollar short".... mate!

Feeling a bit of concern for the bros and sista's in the Eastern half, huge storm there.

Here, we have a threat of rain but the interesting thing is that our snow level is going to drop down to as low as 2000-2500' which could coat all the surrounding hills and mountains in the white, powdery stuff. Pics to follow if that happens...

Happy Friday friends, be careful out there!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Gnarly
    I made it into work... because there was hardly any traffic! However there were many many fender benders

I wish I chose teaching as a career instead of health care... classes are always cancelled when the weather gets bad.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    That storm dumped 2 1/2 inches of rain on us yesterday, that works out to at least 25 inches of snow. Good luck guys, good luck.

And in other news, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

Gnarly
    Yeah Still snowing. Where are you located Scullcap?

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Middle Georgia. It dumped on us and then got caught in the westerlies and flew up the appalachians to the north east. I would've slowed it down till it had shed most of it's rain before moving on if I could have. We could use a drought-ending rain and the northeast does not need to be a weather punching bag.

see me rollin, they hatin
    State of emergency now in MA where i'm currently squatting. we're not even allowed to drive or you could get in legal trouble. seems a little premature, but i guess the plows will be needing people off the roads. they are comparing it to the blizzard of 78, but who knows, i'll believe it when i see it. I was really getting into the swing of riding too. 2-3 feet of snow will take a long time to pack down. I guess the storm that was blowing across the midwest is colliding with a coastal storm, and merging into a monstrocity
    fap

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    State of emergency now in MA where i'm currently squatting. we're not even allowed to drive or you could get in legal trouble. seems a little premature, but i guess the plows will be needing people off the roads. they are comparing it to the blizzard of 78, but who knows, i'll believe it when i see it. I was really getting into the swing of riding too. 2-3 feet of snow will take a long time to pack down. I guess the storm that was blowing across the midwest is colliding with a coastal storm, and merging into a monstrocity

The blizzard of '78 was a blast....and a nightmare. I hope it's not that bad.

AZ
    banned
    Light a fire, break out the Brandy and keep your head down.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Light a fire, break out the Brandy and keep your head down.
    Ha,ha good advice AZ. And Nicole don't worry we all know what's going on back there. Your area has been plastered all over the news. Good luck girl, just chill, like you have a choice.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

I build my own.
    Wait a minute! How are you going to compare this one to the blizzard of 78?

I remember I walked about 2 miles into town for smokes in the middle of that one. The only reason I could see where I was going & didn't get lost is because the hydro wires were at eye level.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Front Range, Colorado
    Nicole, You do have a snowmobile right. I know when I lived in upstate N.Y. as a kid my family had three of them. Whenever a blizzard hit we would go out and rescue stranded motorists. Oh wait a minute your governor won't even let any of you drive a car. I guess your stuck inside for awhile. You best take AZ's advice and stock up and look down.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Is it me or is there a giant blizzard every single year now in the east coast. Ugh. drink lots. If it doesn't make you feel warmer, at least you'll pass out and forget you were cold.

removing nudity
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Why in such a hurry for Friday to be over?
    AZ, you got it all wrong mate. We cruised through a fantastic Friday, full sun, about 28 degrees, that's Celsius, ended with usual Friday beer and pizza, woke to a cracker Saturday, full sun and about 30 degrees, yes that's still Celsius, and we go to sleep tonight safe in the knowledge that we have about an 18hr jump on you for seeing the next Friday first.

Have you got some salt for your drive? Over here we save it for the potato scallops.

Name:  potato_scallop.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  12.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Wait a minute! How are you going to compare this one to the blizzard of 78?

I remember I walked about 2 miles into town for smokes in the middle of that one. The only reason I could see where I was going & didn't get lost is because the hydro wires were at eye level.
    indeed i wasnt alive its pretty bad here but not THAT bad i'm sure. Also, they're making people stay off the road so you want have all those stuck peeps.
    fap

Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Is it me or is there a giant blizzard every single year now in the east coast. Ugh. drink lots. If it doesn't make you feel warmer, at least you'll pass out and forget you were cold.
    we had no snow last year. it was bizarre, but great for us bikers! actually, we DID have that freak storm on Halloween that caused all those outages. that did suck. every few years there is a newsworthy one.
    fap

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    AZ, you got it all wrong mate. We cruised through a fantastic Friday, full sun, about 28 degrees, that's Celsius, ended with usual Friday beer and pizza, woke to a cracker Saturday, full sun and about 30 degrees, yes that's still Celsius, and we go to sleep tonight safe in the knowledge that we have about an 18hr jump on you for seeing the next Friday first.

Have you got some salt for your drive? Over here we save it for the potato scallops.

Name:  potato_scallop.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  12.0 KB

Hehehehe, i'll have 6 of those scallops Emu
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Gnarly
    Happy Friday

Monday is a holiday for Ontario so there is at least one out of three days of ice biking!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Only 5 lives left
    Keep the faith, only 23 days till daylight savings time!!!!!

rho
    Captain Pinchflat

Re: Friday!

my friday is lame. waiting at the oral surgeons to get two teeth extracted. At least ill get drugs.

Sent by smoke signal.

I'm your density
    Friday morning crisis call @ work: kids at home off school today, friends come over, internet goes down, and they can't figure out what TV channel the Wii is on.

DAMMIT GO OUT AND SHOOT BASKETS!
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    Ty Webb

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast