Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight 370, WT?

mtbr member

Flight 370, WT?

I hope the families of those on board can get an explanation that can be believed.
    Round and round we go

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    I hope the families of those on board can get an explanation that can be believed.
    What happened??
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

I didn't do it
    The plane suddenly disappeared from radar en route to Beijing from Malaysia. They can't find it and they don't even seem to know where to look. Check out one of the news sites - it's the big story right now.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    The plane suddenly disappeared from radar en route to Beijing from Malaysia. They can't find it and they don't even seem to know where to look. Check out one of the news sites - it's the big story right now.
    Will do after work my lunch hour is over. Sounds crazy!
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

Live 2 Ride
    With all the technology we have and we can't find a plane or the remains of the plane? It's not like they were flying in the Bermuda Triangle.
    My Bike: '15 Trek FX 7.2
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

I didn't do it
    I will admit it seems like quite the mystery. Started with Iranians on stolen European passports then cleared and now the Malaysian government is apparently giving contradictory information on where they think the plane crashed. Transponders where turned off, no wreckage, etc.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    If you're really bored at work you can head on over to Tomnod and search for yourself. DigitalGlobe, set up aerials and you can tag anything that looks suspicious.

Tomnod

All I saw was water... and clouds.
    The cake is a lie.

ozz
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    With all the technology we have and we can't find a plane or the remains of the plane? It's not like they were flying in the Bermuda Triangle.
    Technology helps if they have a general idea of where to look. But these guys don't even know (or aren't saying) which direction the plane was flying when it disappeared. It brings perspective to how tiny a jet airplane is compared to the ocean.

Redcoat
    Plane goes down at 600+ mph and hits the water breaking into a rather large amount of pieces. Said pieces are then spread by current across a very deep ocean by the currents over hundred of square miles. its quite easy to lose a plane.

Live 2 Ride
    Yeah, but there would still be bodies floating. They haven't seen anything yet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockwan View Post
    Plane goes down at 600+ mph and hits the water breaking into a rather large amount of pieces. Said pieces are then spread by current across a very deep ocean by the currents over hundred of square miles. its quite easy to lose a plane.
    But with all the floatable objects on board, a black box that screams FIND ME, peoples phones that have gps, radar, calm rather shallow waters, nothing? I'm just not getting this. Hopefully time will tell.
    Round and round we go

Redcoat
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    But with all the floatable objects on board, a black box that screams FIND ME, peoples phones that have gps, radar, calm rather shallow waters, nothing? I'm just not getting this. Hopefully time will tell.
    true, plane crash lands intact they cant get doors open and it sinks to bottom with everything on board in side?

its not long till the conspiracy theorists come out on this one and i fear it may be too late already. I just think the news is hyping it up for a juicy story when in fact the answer is more than feasible to be much simpler.

check your six
    I just think the news is hyping it up for a juicy story when in fact the answer is more than feasible to be much simpler.
    It's Aliens of course... They took them away for experimentation.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Redcoat
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    It's Aliens of course... They took them away for experimentation.
    nah must be the US government. they made up aliens just to get at everyone and get oil.

Live 2 Ride
    Why would the US need to come up with a stratagem to get oil when the US is producing enough oil to support itself?

Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia - Americas - World - The Independent

banned
    Jun 2007
    true, plane crash lands intact they cant get doors open and it sinks to bottom with everything on board in side?

its not long till the conspiracy theorists come out on this one and i fear it may be too late already. I just think the news is hyping it up for a juicy story when in fact the answer is more than feasible to be much simpler.
    ...Or as the troops tire of Afghanistan, the media is being manipulated to justify an attack against Iran.
    Can hear it now, those power hungry, uranium hoarding, passport stealing, camel diddlers did it - I tell ya.

(sick of all US involvement)

mtbr member
    That still leaves alot of unanswered questions but Hmm, interesting, didn't think of that.
    Last edited by theMeat; 03-12-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    Round and round we go

true, plane crash lands intact they cant get doors open and it sinks to bottom with everything on board in side?.

Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    Yeah, but there would still be bodies floating. They haven't seen anything yet.
    Huh?
    If the plane crashed and stayed intact then floated to the ocean floor. The bodies would still be in the plane not floating around.

Live 2 Ride

check your six
    ^ No chance.. In my opinion what ever that is, is too large of a piece and too isolated from other parts for a plane crash. I'm still going with Aliens but have a suspicion that terrorist have landed it on their secret volcano island. Or possible North Korea took it, but then again don't forget about the two Iranians with stolen passports and one way tickets.

all humor aside, this is a terrible tragedy and my thoughts go the to victims and family members. But seriously, where is this plane? The "theories" run the full spectrum from logical to out right crazy.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

^ No chance.. In my opinion what ever that is, is too large of a piece and too isolated from other parts for a plane crash. I'm still going with Aliens but have a suspicion that terrorist have landed it on their secret volcano island. Or possible North Korea took it, but then again don't forget about the two Iranians with stolen passports and one way tickets.

all humor aside, this is a terrible tragedy and my thoughts go the to victims and family members. But seriously, where is this plane? The "theories" run the full spectrum from logical to out right crazy.
    It's in a secret hanger in New Mexico.

check your six
    ^ There are way too many civilian "observers" in that area for something to fly in unnoticed. UFO fever out there.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    What happened??
    Jeeez, DJ! Watch the news for 15 minutes every day to keep up on world events...just 15 minutes a day is all it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Jeeez, DJ! Watch the news for 15 minutes every day to keep up on world events...just 15 minutes a day is all it takes.
    Umm I was at work, sorry.

check your six
    For 5 days straight???

Binned
    Nov 2008
    You could watch the news on your device during breaks, at least...

For 5 days straight???
    Ha,ha seriously this happened 5 day's ago. Alright I guess I'm guilty as charged. I haven't been watching the news like I used to. Too much work and no play and the news just is depressing. I've always been one to watch every day and stay on top of what's going on but haven't been on top of it for a couple weeks.

check your six
    ^ or even "click" on a news site.. haha..

DJ I actually envy that. I tend to get to wound up with BS I can do nothing about. I need to do more of the same as you.

Hey calm down boys and girls I'll get back on it. See my above post Hawg.

check your six
    ^ Your faster than my editing skills.

DJ I actually envy that. I tend to get to wound up with BS I can do nothing about. I need to do more of the same as you.
    Nothing to envy I've just been hammering at work and coming home and crashing. A few television shows and a blip or two of the news but not the full on news every day like I usually do.

check your six
    Nothing to envy I've just been hammering at work and coming home and crashing. A few television shows and a blip or two of the news but not the full on news every day like I usually do.
    Nah.. much to envy. Doing what you do, working hard to support a family & living your life with said family. Its what it is all about. Focus over distraction makes a good man.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    How's DJ supposed to keep up with current events when there's so much mtbr time to be had?

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    How's DJ supposed to keep up with current events when there's so much mtbr time to be had?
    Excellent point!

I mean, look how many posts he has here.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Excellent point!

I mean, look how many posts he has here.
    With all the time you spend with dentist office boobs, I'm surprised you've out-posted him.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    With all the time you spend with dentist office boobs, I'm surprised you've out-posted him.
    Work isn't really work when you set your work up to be play time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Work isn't really work when you set your work up to be play time.
    Sounds like self-employment has treated you well, but with that post count I thought you might be in this line of business:

Free Forum Work - Get Paid To Post

Edit: Upon further reflection, this post needs an emoticon so as to emphasize playfulness:
    Last edited by Slow Danger; 03-12-2014 at 09:49 PM.

9 lives
    more crazy airplane incidents

9 Unbelievable Airplane Incidents
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Binned
    Nov 2008
    ^ gnarly!

banned
    Sep 2012
    Global warming could be to blame. Maybe the resident OC scientists can weigh in on that theory.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Global warming could be to blame. Maybe the resident OC scientists can weigh in on that theory.
    Kaos could also figure into this mystery.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    I solved the mystery!

basically what happened is this: due to the permanent cyclic climate change that the sun causes the bermuda triange has now temporarily moved to malaysia. and that was what swallowed the plane. mystery solved!

or its a psyop, very likely.

or someone shot it down by accident (or not) with a bunch of missiles.

the thing is this; every god damn square centimeter of our planet is covered by radar, shit don't just disappear, and when they do, its traceable. I don't believe this story one bit. someone is holding back here. flying a plane around in the air you are recorded over and over and over every single minute. there is no mystery here.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Agree this is really weird.

gulf of siam (or whatever its called now) is very shallow, and not all that big, when compared to the other seas. Radar should be able to reach 200 miles from land or so. not really a lot of space between where land based radar ought to reach.

Gently landing on water at night is all but impossible; which makes the theory of landed gently and sank in one piece unlikely. even the guy that landed in the hudson river flared way too early and hit water really hard, and that was in daylight.

fuel should make an easily detectable spot on water.

I dunno, folks. seems freaking impossible that this thing cant be found. that air france plane was found like 2 miles down in the atlantic. that water is only like 100 feet deep or whatever.

something weird going on.

crashed on land somewhere with little or no comms infrastructure to report it; something we're not currently contemplating.

mtbr member
    Lost on a mysterious uncharted island? Government conspiracy? Aliens? That's all just crazy talk. Clearly we can't find it because the Langoliers got it.

Name:  600full-the-langoliers-screenshot.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  158.3 KB
    The cake is a lie.

see me rollin, they hatin
    forget the bermuda triangle. have you heard of the dragon triangle near japan? even creepier!
    fap

Binned
    Nov 2008
    You guys are funny with your wondering minds. The damned thing is parked in my living room.

Thread over...

You guys are funny with your wondering minds. The damned thing is parked in my living room.

Thread over...
    It's in Hanger 17,706 <<<< Hawg's post count.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 03-13-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Redcoat

Flight 370, WT?

whats global warming?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lord Thunderbottom
    Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Looking in wrong place is my current conspiracy theory. Plane will be found somewhere 2000 miles west of current search area.

mtbr member
    While there's not enough info to determine where it is, I'd guess this ^ is about right.
    But I also suspect there was someone's, or some group's ill intentions at work here too.
    Round and round we go

Meatbomb
    I wonder what the fuel load was on departure? That will dictate how far it could have traveled. My suspicion given the earlier report that it changed direction to the north west is that it's sitting in a hanger in a country ending in 'stan'.

check your six
    ^ reports have the fuel load to be enough to reach the eastern side of Pakistan. Also, it had still been flying 4-5 hours after the navigation was manually turned off.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I wonder what the fuel load was on departure?
    6 hours, depending on speed and altitude.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    While it is possible it was taken somewhere, it seems unlikely since there's no one claiming victory, responsibility or ransom for it. Unless there's alot we're not being told, or something on board we're not aware of.
    Round and round we go

No Stranger to danger....
    Was there any muslims onboard? serious question....
    Or were either pilots muslim?
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Meatbomb
    Or they are finally getting smart and not thumping their chest and claiming the heist so they can hold it until they plan to use it with less heat on them.

check your six
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Was there any muslims onboard? serious question....
    Or were either pilots muslim?
    Yes Tones. 2 Iranian dudes with stolen passports and it appears the the pilots were Muslim too. Their names: Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, 53, and his First Officer Fariq Abdul Hamid, 27.

I may be "stereo-typing" here but it seems awfully fishy...

Profile: Pilots of Malaysian mystery plane under scrutiny | Malaysia | The Malay Mail Online

~ B A D A S S ~
    Yes Tones. 2 Iranian dudes with stolen passports and it appears the the pilots were Muslim too. Their names: Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, 53, and his First Officer Fariq Abdul Hamid, 27.

Profile: Pilots of Malaysian mystery plane under scrutiny | Malaysia | The Malay Mail Online
    So Ho lee fuk, We tu lo and Ding bang Ow didn't pilot this one? Those are my all time favorite pilots.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Specialized sucks ass.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by L8APXR View Post
    Looking in wrong place is my current conspiracy theory. Plane will be found somewhere 2000 miles west of current search area.
    yeah and then you gotta wonder. why are they not searching in the right place to begin with? and what is the porpose of radar if it doesn't really track anything?

Specialized sucks ass.

Cheers Sodak, well theres the answer then.

look, when somebody washes up on a beach bitten in two, its safe to assume it was a shark, you will be correct 95% of the time or more.
    If there is an act of terrorism its safe to assume theres muslims pulling the strings, you will be right 99% of the time, its just the reality of the matter.

check your six
    Cheers Sodak, well theres the answer then.

look, when somebody washes up on a beach bitten in two, its safe to assume it was a shark, you will be correct 95% of the time or more.
    If there is an act of terrorism its safe to assume theres muslims pulling the strings, you will be right 99% of the time, its just the reality of the matter.
    I agree with you 100% but here in the USA that is considered "racist" to "profile" like that.

9 lives
    This map should narrow the search

Flight 370, WT?-140313_ft_malaysiaflight.png
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    This map should narrow the search

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140313_FT_MalaysiaFlight.png 
Views:	453 
Size:	281.3 KB 
ID:	876912
    Oh, that's all? Heck, if we get every person on Earth to work on the search for this plane, we might find it in 10 years.

aka: Bucky Fikes
    I'm going with the southern edge of Mongolia. Anyone that's had it knows, once you've tried the beef, you HAVE to come back for more.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Oh, that's all? Heck, if we get every person on Earth to work on the search for this plane, we might find it in 10 years.
    tones got that part of australia covered I guess

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    well it had at least enough fuel to get to Beijing, right? that's pretty far.

might be pilot suicide. at work someone was saying that the captain was happy and enthusiastic pilot with like 18k flight hours and what not. copilot, not sure.

maybe killed copilot, turned down cabin pressure slowly so that everyone went to sleep, and flew down below 15,000 feet or wherever radar cant pick you up anymore over the ocean and just flew and flew and flew until ran out of gas.

someone was saying that Boeing offers a service where there is a real time engine data monitoring via satellite. Malaysia air did not buy that service, but the engines were still sending a single signal for several hours after the actual transponder was shut off.

who knows. anything coulda happened. I'm just making stuff up; because it seems obvious that its not on it's original flight path...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    oh, and Malaysia is a majority muslim country, so it's not exactly surprising that the crew were muslims. "case closed, its the muslims..." is actually kinda stupid.

especially because whom would they have been trying to hurt? jihad on the Chinese or something?? lol

mtbr member
    still not making sense but a few things we know are...
    -there was more than one piece of equipment that had to be turned off to make them un-trackable, and they went off at different times so it was done on purpose by people
    -the plane would have been on auto pilot and if it was it wouldn't have done the u-turn that we believe it did, even with the equipment turned off or electrical problems, so there's no scenario that a person didn't turn that plane, or so it's been said.
    -IMO the Malaysian gov is not being very helpful whether on purpose or not
    -there were at least 2 muslims traveling under alias, and at least the pilot and co-pilot were muslim also. Doesn't make them guilty, but it does make them muslims, flying out of Malaysia.
    Round and round we go

check your six
    oh, and Malaysia is a majority muslim country, so it's not exactly surprising that the crew were muslims. "case closed, its the muslims..." is actually kinda stupid.

especially because whom would they have been trying to hurt? jihad on the Chinese or something?? lol

Ahem... cough... 2 weeks ago... China knife attack leaves at least 33 dead and 143 wounded at Kunming train station | Mail Online

More than one, of course!

Think it is bad now?

It will be really freaky next week when another one disappears. Can you imagine what would happen?
    "It's NEVER all downhill" DMR

I didn't do it
    Lost...
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    interesting point... did they ever figure out who and why?

banned
    I was google-earthing a popular trail near San Diego and I found it!

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by random walk View Post
    I was google-earthing a popular trail near San Diego and I found it!

Good eye, those Malaysians really didn't have their act together at all. Sheesh.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    I bet it flew out of the atmosphere and is orbiting Uranus.

check your six
    interesting point... did they ever figure out who and why?
    "The Chinese authorities have blamed the attack on militants from the remote far western region of Xinjiang, which is home to tensions between the government and Muslim separatists."

"The region is home to a large Muslim Uighur minority who are angry at the treatment of their beliefs by the authorities."

You must have been living under a rock, it wouldnt be the poor islamists would it, it must be a coincidence that there is a muslim behind basically every air terrorist act in this day and age, or every other drama and terrorist act on the planet, sure you can find the odd example of non muslims 2o odd years ago like Timothy mcveigh but the majority of the worlds terrorist acts are caused by islamics, thats a fact, so please save the bleeding heart stories for another topic, terrorists of islamic faith have the rest covered 10/2, if this is a terrorist act ''its actually kinda stupid'' to assume it was anybody else.
    I realise there hasnt been many muslim attacks in the USA at all in the last 20 years, probably below 5% but on a world scale they set the bar for this type of stuff, especially the Sunni muslims who on their own are responsible for 70% of the worlds terrorist acts according to the NCTC.
    The last time i had this convo on here was after the US boston marathon, on the day it happened, i called that the people that were behind it were muslims, i got shot down by a few bleeding hearts, and who did it turn out to be?
    If i blamed islamics for every terrorist attack, which i do, im right 9/10 times, i must be a genius, or maybe im a realist.
    Is it a terrorist act, i dont know, but if some lunatic or organisation has downed this plane, i guarentee you he will be of muslim faith.
    And your last line is funny too, you clearly have very little understanding the islamic faith, for the hard liners if your not islamic, your an infidel, that includes the chinese or anybody thats not muslim, they dont even worry about blowing up and killing other muslims, just have a look in the middle east, muslims are getting blown up every day by other muslims.

9 lives
    Lost...
    Flight 370, WT?-gilligans-island-tv-show.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Meatbomb
    "stan"

I didn't do it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gilligans-island-tv-show.jpg 
Views:	831 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	876989
    Gilllliiiigan!!!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Meatbomb
    We will see this plane again and when it crashes, we'll know what caused it.

Get on your bike and ride
    Gilllliiiigan!!!
    No skipper, I shut off the transponder to save battery power after the engines quit. Then the hijackers sailed us to a secret North Korean submarine base. Gilligan, if we know about the submarine base, how can it be a secret?
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

~ B A D A S S ~
    "stan"
    100 bux on derkaderkastan.

Specialized sucks ass.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    No skipper, I shut off the transponder to save battery power after the engines quit. Then the hijackers sailed us to a secret North Korean submarine base. Gilligan, if we know about the submarine base, how can it be a secret?
    We better get the Professor on this. Where is he anyway? Probably out collecting coconuts with Mary Ann again.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Meatbomb
    Found it

Boeing 777-300

Get on your bike and ride
    We better get the Professor on this. Where is he anyway? Probably out collecting coconuts with Mary Ann again.
    Hey, it's not like those hula bikinis are going to make themselves.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    You must have been living under a rock, it wouldnt be the poor islamists would it, it must be a coincidence that there is a muslim behind basically every ...blah blah blah... dy thats not muslim, they dont even worry about blowing up and killing other muslims, just have a look in the middle east, muslims are getting blown up every day by other muslims.
    I blame atoms & molecules. those fcking things always seem to be involved...

p.s.: don't ever believe an atom...., they make up everything!

9 lives
    You win! Should always check Craigslist first.

Flight 370, WT?-sve9vqs.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Maybe the plane entered into another dimension that no body knows about, its happened to my socks before.

El Gato Malo
    Sadly, the Professor is no longer with us
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/17/ar...t-89.html?_r=0

Fortunately the (debunked) spoon-bender Uri Geller is on the case

Flight 370, WT?-geller.png

9 lives
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Tomcat View Post

Fortunately the (debunked) spoon-bender Uri Geller is on the case
    I bet he couldn't even locate Tone's missing socks
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

check your six
    A ton of info in this link for those interested.

Missing Malaysia Airlines plane WAS hijacked, says official | Mail Online

banned
    Jun 2007
    sodak, thanks for the linky, it raised a simple ?

How can it be that all cell phones send a trackable signal that CANNOT be disabled, yet a fricking
    airplane can have it's onboard tracking system manually disabled by a pilot?
    To me, this makes no sense.
    If it were my company, or I was responsible for a $15m asset, I sure would want to know where the heck it is at all times.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I bet he couldn't even locate Tone's missing socks
    When asked to draw a rendering of the landing site, Uri sketched out a crude front-loading clothes dryer circa 1997 Maytag model. Uri thinks the dryer is located somewhere in New Zealand.
    Last edited by Slow Danger; 03-16-2014 at 01:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    There is much more Intel than the general public has been told. Shi+ load of ideas being broadcast by news channels with their, so called specialist.

I too would like to know who is responsible. I too believe muslims are responsible. I believe Tones used his socks to clean off his willy, after a wrestling match with his tallywhacker. I bet, my shi+ will still stink after this plane is found.

As the World Turns

aka: Bucky Fikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    sodak, thanks for the linky, it raised a simple ?

How can it be that all cell phones send a trackable signal that CANNOT be disabled, yet a fricking
    airplane can have it's onboard tracking system manually disabled by a pilot?
    To me, this makes no sense.
    If it were my company, or I was responsible for a $15m asset, I sure would want to know where the heck it is at all times.
    Aircraft utilize a Mode C transponder which transmits a discreet 4 number "squawk" code that the pilots will receive from Clearance Delivery and dial in prior to departure. This is the data that shows up on a ground based radar system allowing the controller to identify the aircraft, its altitude, and its speed. There are certain simple codes that we pilots can use to relay info to the controllers without communicating with them should there be a comm failure or something unusual. There is a discreet universal number that a pilot can dial into the transponder that would signal a "hijack code" on the ground. A controller would only ask the pilot, one time only, if he chose to squawk that number. It would not be mentioned again. Rather than squawking this code, it would seem the transponder was just turned off with the flick of a switch. That leads me to believe the pilot(s) are possibly in on the deal.

As for cell phone pinging a signal? I don't believe they do that when they're shut off, either.

El Gato Malo
    Maybe the plane entered into another dimension that no body knows about, its happened to my socks before.
    Tone's is not only stinking up this world with his smelly socks but other dimensions as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    so now what? are they going to refuel it and crash it into something?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    ^maybe that's why they're all being so quiet about it.... stealing the plane was only first half of the plan.

that would suck...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast