Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2012

First Off Camber...How many of you vote with your wallet?

I am not a total Nazi on this one, but when I have a choice, I choose to buy from the company I agree with. An example, I (notice "I "statement) choose not to buy Specialized. I don't like their business tactics, with smaller shops. Many people talk about not buying anything Wally World but are there any others that stand out?

mtbr member
    Specialized does not get my money.
    A local bike shop used to talk crap about Specialized and their business practices. Then strangely, they started carrying Specialized. They no longer get my money.

I don't care for shopping at Walmart. It just feels dirty to me. But I break down and do it a couple times a year just due to convienence.
    Home Depot and Costco both openly back left leaning politics. I avoid shopping there whenever possible.
    I do go to Chick Fil A whenever possible.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I am in complete agreement with Brewtality on those points. I also will not go to McDonalds

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I bought my car because it's built less than an hour from where I live, plus it works great and is so cheap to insure that it's not even funny. Same thing with the liquor I'm drinking right now, the distillery is not that far away from me and they make good whiskey at very reasonable prices. For bike stuff I always go with Shimano, Manitou, and Time since they make awesome stuff that I've never had any problems with, I'll keep buying their products as long as they kick ass.

FKA Malibu412
    Another trash Specialized and Walmart thread under the guise of "voting with your wallet/questionable business practices." Shocked.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide the Clyde View Post
    Another trash Specialized and Walmart thread under the guise of "voting with your wallet/questionable business practices." Shocked.
    Sure. Why not? Its fun to bash on sh!tty companies. Why don't you try it?
    Grow up. get an opinion about something and share it with everybody.

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    Sure...Its fun to bash on sh!tty companies. Why don't you try it?
    Oh, I have. I try to avoid the bandwagon bashing but rather save it for companies that don't already have the script written, companies that have actually adversely affected me or my experience.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I also will never eat at McDonalds again. About 10 years ago when I last went
    there they knew the Big Mac they gave me was so Fu*ked up that they gave me
    a order of free fry's and told me they were sorry about the Big Mac. It was the
    worst hamburger ever.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I wont purchase with companies that donate money to organizations that attempt to close our public lands. Sierra Nevada beer is one such company.
    Just some yahoo on a Wahoo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCapps View Post
    I wont purchase with companies that donate money to organizations that attempt to close our public lands. Sierra Nevada beer is one such company.
    Very curious about this. I have Hoptimum in my glass right now. Have any details?

mtbr member
    I try not to shop at/with companies that make political issues business issues, either Right or Left.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    I don't care for shopping at Walmart. It just feels dirty to me. But I break down and do it a couple times a year just due to convienence.
    Home Depot and Costco both openly back left leaning politics. I avoid shopping there whenever possible.
    I do go to Chick Fil A whenever possible.
    Wow, first response and straight to politics. Thought you were smarter than that.
    You either need another beer so you don't care, or need to educate your opinion.
    Sierra Nevada is just about as leftist a company as you can get so if you buy products that support left or right?
    You only feel strongly about walmart or home depot when it's convenient? OK
    You don't need me to tell you where or how you like to put your money, I personally don't care, left, right, whatever, but chick fil a puts money against gay marriage. Why would you care how other people live, and who are you to decide what makes them happy. Does it weaken your marriage? Some kinda phobia or suppressed feelings is all i can figure.
    Do you know how many products the koch brothers profit from? They're about as rightist as you can get. Do you support them too? Do you know what they try to influence with their billions? Do you care? You should, or if not at least inform yourself or be quite.
    I wasn't going to say anything, but after seeing how you had no problem jumping down the Clyde's throat for sharing what he thinks, i think it's totally appropriate to let you know that your post may be downright offensive to some, and stupid to more.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    I try not to shop at/with companies that make political issues business issues, either Right or Left.
    Smart man
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    i choose not to shop that way no one can label me a righty or lefty but a tweener.

I refuse to buy pizza from poppa John's. Nothing political, their first advertising campaign was THAT annoying.

I refuse to go to burger king. Had the staff and manager refuse to give me a second zesty sauce with my order. I asked them if they were willing to lose my business over it, with a smug ass grin the manager said yes. That was 15 years ago, im a stubborn man sometimes.
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

High Desert MTBer
    "I do go to Chick Fil A whenever possible."

Do you just really like crappy food, or do you feel that strongly about certain political issues that you would willfully damage your health because of it?
    Seems odd to me.
    It's all Here. Now.

Rogue Exterminator
    I buy stuff I like and can afford.
    The companies political and religious views have no bearing on my decision even if it does not agree with mine.

Now, if a company supported something morally or ethically wrong than that is a different story.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

The White Jeff W
    To a degree...when I was big into motorsports I would use the products that sponsored the teams I followed.

Living in Pennsylvania Ive been following the practices of the gas companies and their fracking techniques. Shady business, that. Im in the process of converting my home over to non-gas appliances as an F-U to them.
    No moss...

AZ
    banned
    Threads like this one are sucking the goodness out of the OC. Can we go back to burning trolls at the stake and photo shopping Hucking Kitty? That is all.

mtbr member

Re: First Off Camber...How many of you vote with your wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    I also will never eat at McDonalds again. About 10 years ago when I last went
    there they knew the Big Mac they gave me was so Fu*ked up that they gave me
    a order of free fry's and told me they were sorry about the Big Mac. It was the
    worst hamburger ever.
    I refuse to eat fast food bc it's poison. Granted it happens every once in a great while but not while I'm sober.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les MisÚrables

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Threads like this one are sucking the goodness out of the OC. Can we go back to burning trolls at the stake and photo shopping Hucking Kitty? That is all.
    +++

No Stranger to danger....
    I go for the company thats name best describes my penis....

And thats GIANT.....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Wise words AZ, point taken.
    Round and round we go

U sayin' Bolt ?
    Nah, I just buy whatever I feel is the best option for me. The only person I am really spiting by limiting my choices is me. The burger king don't give a F.

Same way I don't vote. It takes time and I still think its gets you jury duty.

One vote never matters on a large scale, why put principle ahead of your own limited bountiful priceless time?

Meatbomb
    I have no political affiliation and could give a rats ass about politics. I ride a Stumpy and shop at wally world because of the convenience.

I never eat fast food. I'm just not in that big of a hurry to eat crap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast