Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Family Drama

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,679

    Family Drama

    Just in case any of you were sad enough to wonder where I have been for the last week and a half, my wife had a brain haemorrhage.

    So it's been a somewhat eventful and stressful time but she got home today and is doing very well. She has been very blessed throughout, more than half of the poor souls who suffer a brain haemorrhage don't even make it to hospital and many of those who do suffer brain damage or complications which in themselves can be extremely serous. While my wife is not totally out of the woods yet, she is doing really well and we couldn't ask for more at this stage.

    Scary time but back to annoy you, although maybe a little less often for a while ;0)

  2. #2
    duh
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,029
    Sorry to hear and glad your wife is doing well. I know it is hard, My Dad had a brain haemorrhage and an aneurysm . he had major brain damage after and wasn't the same.

    Hope she just keeps on getting better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.

  3. #3
    re member
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,797
    Wow, sorry to hear this. Glad she made it through and I hope it just keeps getting better from here.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

  4. #4
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,463
    Here's to a speedy recovery!! That's some scary stuff! My father suffered from a brain aneurysm about 20 years ago and he was very lucky to survive with zero complications. If your wife had the same thing, you are absolutely correct on the severity of them! It is very rare to actually survive them! I'd say count your blessings and hold her extra tight tonight.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,679
    Thank you.

    She has been very blessed from the beginning. I was with her when it happened, which was completely terrifying actually, we got her to hospital very quickly, the aneurysm was amenable to the best type of surgery they could do and she got the operation very quickly after the haemorrhage. She appears to have suffered no brain damage, is recovering quickly and as yet has suffered no serous side-effects. If you know the odds on these things you'll understand that she is in the top category of haemorrhage survivors. We feel very blessed and thank God for his grace.

    It's still just one day at a time but so far so good, as they say. Kinda makes you realise just how fragile your life is.

    Thanks again for your kind wishes.

  6. #6
    sock skeleton
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,235
    Thats good news. May she have a speedy recovery.

    btw.........more pigness!

  7. #7
    I can fix it!
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,815
    I have been wondering what happened to you, Mr Pig, not the news I was expecting. Glad to hear your wife has made it through such a terrifying situation!
    All I need are some tasty trails, cool bike, and I'm fine.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    That's some scary stuff!
    You're not kidding! I can joke about it now but last weekend was terrifying. It's been a tough week but I'm very mindful of the fact that many people go though a lot more. We have friends fighting cancer and their worry, pain and uncertainly lasts years, not weeks or months, and some people are born with a fight on their hands. My wife has several work colleagues who have severely disabled children and she knows many more though work she does in a local special-needs school. We've been greatly blessed and I can say that whatever might have happened last week or may happen tomorrow.

    btw.........more pigness!
    What does that mean in English? ;0)

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,360
    For continued recovery !!
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

  10. #10
    sock skeleton
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    You're not kidding! I can joke about it now but last weekend was terrifying. It's been a tough week but I'm very mindful of the fact that many people go though a lot more. We have friends fighting cancer and their worry, pain and uncertainly lasts years, not weeks or months, and some people are born with a fight on their hands. My wife has several work colleagues who have severely disabled children and she knows many more though work she does in a local special-needs school. We've been greatly blessed and I can say that whatever might have happened last week or may happen tomorrow.



    What does that mean in English? ;0)
    Local dialect. It means bring on more awesomeness.

  11. #11
    Trail Prospector
    Reputation: Flyin_W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,966
    Glad to hear thing are looking hopeful. Sudden unexpected illness is never easy to deal with.
    More so with the upcoming holidays, best to you and all the piggies.

    Not what I was expecting, was thinking of a Jerry Springer she slept with my brother dealio.
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

  12. #12
    official eMpTyBRain
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Thank you.

    She has been very blessed from the beginning. I was with her when it happened, which was completely terrifying actually, we got her to hospital very quickly, the aneurysm was amenable to the best type of surgery they could do and she got the operation very quickly after the haemorrhage. She appears to have suffered no brain damage, is recovering quickly and as yet has suffered no serous side-effects. If you know the odds on these things you'll understand that she is in the top category of haemorrhage survivors. We feel very blessed and thank God for his grace.

    It's still just one day at a time but so far so good, as they say. Kinda makes you realise just how fragile your life is.

    Thanks again for your kind wishes.
    My Uncle had this happen many years ago. He is 90% functional which I think is a miracle in itself considering what happens inside your head from this. Unfortunately, my Father's side of the family has a long history with aneurysms.

    My prayers go out to your wife and the rest of your family.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

  13. #13
    Free Bird!
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,677
    Sending healing vibes to Mrs P... Glad she pulled though and thank you for sharing
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,946
    Lost my father to an aneurysm. So nice to hear that your wife is doing well. Best of luck.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,875
    Glad to hear she is doing well.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,544
    Your wife is lucky, indeed.
    Here's to hoping her luck holds out.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Unfortunately, my Father's side of the family has a long history with aneurysms.
    There was a woman in the ward yesterday who had a haemorrhage nine years ago. She survived and literally about a month later her brother had one and died. When they scanned her nine years ago they found three more aneurysms and recently found another so she's in the hospital to see what they can do to secure them. Can you imagine going through life knowing that you are carrying a bunch of these things? Thinking 'is this it?' every time you get a headache?

    On the plus side, I now know how to work the washing machine ;0)

  18. #18
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,934
    I am so happy that your missus is doing well Mr P, my thoughts and prayers to your family in this difficult time.
    It's all Here. Now.

  19. #19
    official eMpTyBRain
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    There was a woman in the ward yesterday who had a haemorrhage nine years ago. She survived and literally about a month later her brother had one and died. When they scanned her nine years ago they found three more aneurysms and recently found another so she's in the hospital to see what they can do to secure them. Can you imagine going through life knowing that you are carrying a bunch of these things? Thinking 'is this it?' every time you get a headache?

    On the plus side, I now know how to work the washing machine ;0)
    My Uncle had 3 more that had to be removed. They were discovered them when the first one burst.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zomby Woof (MCM700)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    533
    That's awful, but I'm glad to hear she is getting well.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    My Uncle had 3 more that had to be removed. They were discovered them when the first one burst.
    They told the woman that they were probably genetic. My wife will get scanned in six-months to see how she's doing but I assume they didn't find any more just now or we would know about it.

  22. #22
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,646
    I just read this Pig. I wasn't expecting this update but that's great news that your wife is doing so well considering what she's been through. I'm sure this is a very stressful and anxious time for you and family. I hope she continues with her recovery without complication.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Similar Threads

  1. Tuesday of almost drama (T.O.A.D ride)
    By jaycastlerock in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 04:45 PM
  2. Some Sedona Stoke, No Drama
    By raisingarizona in forum Arizona
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 03:14 AM
  3. Bearings for a 2004 DH i? + GT drama
    By SummitAP in forum GT
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 04:37 PM
  4. More Dean drama...
    By h2otaco in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 12:38 PM
  5. dropout drama
    By moneycash in forum Yeti
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 12:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •