Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

F$ck My Life (Right Now)

Have a lot going on in my life right now, very stressed from family and work (I know..I know...cry about it!!). On a 3hr drive home in a snow storm from my Grandpa's funeral, I get a text message from a family member (my Mom) that I wouldn't send an enemy.

Beating me down when I am already low stings bad. I know many others have it worse, but I am just feeling like sh!t right now.

:Poor me.jpg:

It's snowing and I wish I was on my bike, or anyone but myself right now.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Have a lot going on in my life right now, very stressed from family and work (I know..I know...cry about it!!). On a 3hr drive home in a snow storm from my Grandpa's funeral, I get a text message from a family member (my Mom) that I wouldn't send an enemy.

Beating me down when I am already low stings bad. I know many others have it worse, but I am just feeling like sh!t right now.

:Poor me.jpg:

It's snowing and I wish I was on my bike, or anyone but myself right now.
    Hmm..I'm sure there are people that have lost their children, their homes and their jobs sitting out there right now so it's never as bad as it seems. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and get yourself a therapist.

Merry Christmas, everybody and cherish what you do have, not what you've lost.

xoxo!

I build my own.
    There, you've let it out. Now pull up your socks and get on with it.

You're not dead and you own a mountain bike. Life is great!
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

AZ
    banned
    Your POV will likely be very different with the luxury of some sleep and introspection. Best wishes and sorry for your loss.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

F$ck My Life (Right Now)

It could always be worse.

Sent from me using my fingers

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Haha! Poor squirrel.

I know I need to be a big boy and appreciate what I do have. But just have a hard time understanding how someone you hate another person enough to say the things they do.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Haha! Poor squirrel.

I know I need to be a big boy and appreciate what I do have. But just have a hard time understanding how someone you hate another person enough to say the things they do.
    That really does not make any sense. If it means what I think you think it means, then it just reinforces the old adage that expectations lead to resentments. Take an honest look at what you really think your protagonist is saying, and see if there is any truth in what they are saying.
    Now get on with your life and try and stay honest.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

F$ck My Life (Right Now)

I don't know the whole story but if a loved one was lost some people don't deal with grief very well. I am a nurse and I have learned that what people say right after a loss is not always what they mean. I would try not to think about it for a couple of days and see how everything plays out.

Sent from me using my fingers

mtbr member
    Some great advice here. Letting things play out / "time" will help things sort themselves out. Being mentally strong sounds easier said than done but dig deep and you'll be fine.

I tried the therapy route a few years ago and the only benefit of that was to the therapists bank account.
    You will be scarred for life if you click my avatar

mtbr member
    go get yourself your daily shred
    and forgive those who won't let you pass
    and those that pass before you
    lead not yourself into illegal singletrack
    but deliver yourself there...only if it is a sick line

dominus yobiscuits on your ride
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by dickeydoo View Post

I tried the therapy route a few years ago and the only benefit of that was to the therapists bank account.
    Do not be too quick to diss therapy as an option, it can help very much if you find the right therapist, and if you are willing and honest in wanting to change and grow, and get healthier. We are ill-equipped to deal with mental health issues ourselves, and it can actually be dangerous to try. You might be amazed to find out just how many of us have some sort of mental health issue, I would even go so far as to say the majority of us have something 'going on' that could benefit from careful therapy. Yes, there are many therapists out there who are not too hot, and definitely have an eye for the fast buck, but there are also many who have a genuine ability and desire to make people mo' bettah!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Do not be too quick to diss therapy as an option, it can help very much if you find the right therapist, and if you are willing and honest in wanting to change and grow, and get healthier. We are ill-equipped to deal with mental health issues ourselves, and it can actually be dangerous to try. You might be amazed to find out just how many of us have some sort of mental health issue, I would even go so far as to say the majority of us have something 'going on' that could benefit from careful therapy. Yes, there are many therapists out there who are not too hot, and definitely have an eye for the fast buck, but there are also many who have a genuine ability and desire to make people mo' bettah!
    I agree with your whole post. I never was able to find one, after wasting money on 3 different ones , I'm done with them.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by dickeydoo View Post
    I agree with your whole post. I never was able to find one, after wasting money on 3 different ones , I'm done with them.
    Sorry you had such bad experiences, but I am sure there's someone out there who you might relate to. Without knowing what issues you may have it is hard to recommend a course of action, but I might hazard a guess that someone active in recovery may be a good place to start. Addiction and its treatment is a really good place to learn about a better way to look at the world. Not suggesting you have that problem, but many problems are 'interchangeable' to a degree. Many stem from the same places.
    It's all Here. Now.

Front Range, Colorado
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 53119 again.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 53119 again.
    Got him or her for you.

And may you always "dominus yobiscuits on your ride"

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Embrace the suck. It shall pass.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

psycho cyclo addict
    Sendin positive vibes... been there myself in some seriously f'd family axxion.

It gets better. Get some stupid ass movies to watch- Step Brothers, Monty Python, etc.. One friend of mine watched the Godfather 1 and 2 back to back whenever he was off the rails from family crap. He's had worse **** than me... "sudden" death of a brother among other bone crushing heavy junk 'n stuffs.

For me, being thankful for my health, friends, etc. and contemplating what insignificant pissants we are in the grand scheme of things. The sun will still rise tomorrow, oceans will be wavin, bikes WILL be ridden

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    You are but a single person, a tiny insignificant speck in the vastness of the universe. Once you realize that you are nothing, nothing really matters much. Just live the time you got and forget the rest.

mtbr member
    what did the text message say?

I didn't do it
    It sounds like you must have an effed up family life if your own mother is sending you such distressful texts after your grandfather's funeral. That's a shame because now you don't have a support system in place to get through these tough times. What about friends? Go hang with them.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    My 2 cents, just find something small you can do that is positive that you been wanting to do, balance checkbook, clean workshop, trim bushes, whatever so you can have some positive short term feedback to youirself. Don't let others including family get you down. You should avoid mind altering substances and focus on getting your smit together. Nothing says "screw you" to bad influences more than someone who is takign charge of their lives and going somewhere. Sometimes others who are Flocked just want to drag you down too so they feel better.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I find it helps to tell my mother to 'eff off from time to time.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    You are but a single person, a tiny insignificant speck in the vastness of the universe. Once you realize that you are nothing, nothing really matters much. Just live the time you got and forget the rest.
    How depressing! Way to have the OP off himself in a hurry! We are not nothing, we are all part of that vastness, and each part is as important as every other part. Think of something that is about as important as you can imagine... now imagine yourself as important as that, Voila!!! See how important to everything, and everyone, you are?
    It's all Here. Now.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008

Gnarly
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Ya lot of sad stories and perspectives in that link... lm interested in the woman smiling in the pic. Sometimes you need a distraction from all the tension and I'm liking her attitude.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast