Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1825
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Awesome adventure!!
    Thanks!!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Xtreme Lounger
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    Taken a few years ago on my round trip from Key West to Prudhoe Bay Alaska. Did a 15K mile round trip over about 7 weeks..
    Wow, major props. That must have been some adventure.

^^ Yes it was a lifetime trip for me. The scenery is unreal in places and beyond words. One day I was in the Yukon and rode 18 hours straight without realizing it. Sort of in a zen-zone, standing on the pegs doing 50-60 MPH on the gravel roads for hours on end just enjoying the ride...What stopped me that day was the fact that an entire town was out of gas..

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Knickers and ice biking rocks! Saul reminds me of someone else

that is true, i do have another hobby

Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

Xtreme Lounger
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    ^^ Yes it was a lifetime trip for me. The scenery is unreal in places and beyond words. One day I was in the Yukon and rode 18 hours straight without realizing it. Sort of in a zen-zone, standing on the pegs doing 50-60 MPH on the gravel roads for hours on end just enjoying the ride...What stopped me that day was the fact that an entire town was out of gas..
    I'll bet some of the scenery was jaw dropping. I can't imagine driving 18 hours at one go - I've done about 13 in a car and that was enough for me.

Did you plan the route and then just wing it for where/when you wanted to stop along the way? It seems like it would be tough to both plan a route and plan all of your stops - hit one detour, traffic accident, or construction and your time table is all thrown off.

That's funny - I had a similar gas problem leaving Rapid City, SD on a Sunday afternoon to head toward the east coast. Everything in SD is either closed on a Sunday or closes by 5 or 6 PM - including fuel stations along I-90. I think I checked 3 exits before the gas light came on and I took the next ramp and had to get a hotel. Got up the next day and the first order of business was buying gas.

Quote Originally Posted by steiny View Post
    I'll bet some of the scenery was jaw dropping. I can't imagine driving 18 hours at one go - I've done about 13 in a car and that was enough for me.

Did you plan the route and then just wing it for where/when you wanted to stop along the way? It seems like it would be tough to both plan a route and plan all of your stops - hit one detour, traffic accident, or construction and your time table is all thrown off.

That's funny - I had a similar gas problem leaving Rapid City, SD on a Sunday afternoon to head toward the east coast. Everything in SD is either closed on a Sunday or closes by 5 or 6 PM - including fuel stations along I-90. I think I checked 3 exits before the gas light came on and I took the next ramp and had to get a hotel. Got up the next day and the first order of business was buying gas.
    I planned the route in general terms, but knew from previous trips to always keep in mind that detours would be a possibility. Keeping a flexible schedule and open mind is a must on long distance trips. My daily mile averages were actually quite low with a few exceptions.. That long day was amazing as I did stop for food and gas of course, but the concept of time disappeared since the sun didn't set until almost midnight and I didn't feel tired at all either..

Fuel out west and way up north can be an interesting experience for sure. The one town was out and the next town's gas pump had bankers hours too. Since the extreme cold precludes using electronic gas pumps in that area, I just had to wait for the owner to show up the next AM. And that was another story by itself. Amazing people up in the Yukon and BC.. Nothing but positive experiences up there..

I Ride Bikes
    A family pic from today.

I am thankful for the joy and happiness that my wife and kids bring to me.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

No Stranger to danger....
    Mazukea, you have a loverly looking lady, you batting above your average mate
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    that is true, i do have another hobby

LOL, Singlesprocket thats a massive gun you have pulled out there, they even made you a special platform for you to display it, lol, poor Judy

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    LOL, Singlesprocket thats a massive gun you have pulled out there, they even made you a special platform for you to display it, lol, poor Judy
    when it comes to guns, size matters
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    A family pic from today.

Good-lookin' family, right there.

mtbr member
    Singlesprocket: size matters both ways. That's why you can't get a too large (20 mm or larger bore) or a too small ("pocket gun", fits in a 180 x 130 mm box) permit to own one for shooting sport in Finland.

If bikes were guns, we'd all be riding 650B mountain bikes with 120 mm travel, because everything else would be banned. Even a 650B 120 mm bike would be off limits, if it looked like a menacing downhill machine, weapon of mass descension. Dropper posts would be subject to a 200 USD tax and the people who frown upon them wouldn't even know what they are. "A dropper post is the shoulder thing that goes up."

Speaking of shooting, I'm very fond of photography. And I think the iPhone has a quite decent camera in it:

Sup
    A family pic from today.

I just have to say this man because Tone's didn't even see them
    Cute kids Mazukea
    I am slow therefore I am

^^^ lol, i didnt even see Mazukea in there, oh, there he is, and i never saw the kids in there last time either, love your work Maz.....

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Lumikko View Post
    Singlesprocket: size matters both ways. That's why you can't get a too large (20 mm or larger bore) or a too small ("pocket gun", fits in a 180 x 130 mm box) permit to own one for shooting sport in Finland.

If bikes were guns, we'd all be riding 650B mountain bikes with 120 mm travel, because everything else would be banned. Even a 650B 120 mm bike would be off limits, if it looked like a menacing downhill machine, weapon of mass descension. Dropper posts would be subject to a 200 USD tax and the people who frown upon them wouldn't even know what they are. "A dropper post is the shoulder thing that goes up."

Speaking of shooting, I'm very fond of photography. And I think the iPhone has a quite decent camera in it:

Saul, your a very attractive man, i just wanna grab you n hold you like a big baby mate and twizzle the end of you Tash while whistling slow tunes to you....

I Ride Bikes
    Thanks guys.

Tone- I've never thought if myself of a good looking guy so I'm happy to have a wife like her.

I'm also happy my kids turned out that cute cause my genetics definitely didn't help out that part. Though whenever somebody calls my kids cute, I just tell them that they must take after the father. Lol.

Prime
    You know what I noticed maz? All 4 of your smiles look sincere. Good for you.

Chamois Dropper
    Mazukea, you really have a nice looking family!
    Saul, I like the cut of your jib, my friend. It appears that others do as well, looking at your rep to post ratio.
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

Saul, are you one of those beard competition dudes? Saw a netflix movie that had those guys in it...Mansome I believe. Your beard would fit right in

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Nice family Mazukea, you are a very lucky
    guy.

Prime
    ^^^reported

Sup
    reported ^^^^^

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

I Ride Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    You know what I noticed maz? All 4 of your smiles look sincere. Good for you.
    Thanks. That's a very nice compliment.

Xtreme Lounger
    A family pic from today.
    That's a great shot of the family. You're a lucky man.

mtbr member
    And they told me riding a fixie is gay. *

I don't do beard competitions, I wouldn't stand a chance in those. The hair in my face didn't start pushing through until I was well in my twenties and the growth is still weakish right under the nose and where the sideburns should be.

Keep posting your faces, folks! There are other threads for your bikes and whatnot.

* Joyful, carefree.

Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast