Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 77
  1. #1
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,850

    "The Dissolution of Humankind" - Too soon?!?

    Rockcrusher:

    "Once we prove any conspiracy theory as fact and not the ramblings of lonely men with nothing better to do but see evil in everything and beauty and compassion in nothing we can start a new thread about the dissolution of human kind, but until that happens we can leave them here."

    Since by now it is entirely obvious that the conspiracy of many lonely old men to see no beauty in anything, and to batter on about 'facts' that can be twisted to prove almost any lunatic fringe theory is now an indisputable truth, I can only conclude we are doomed!
    It's all Here. Now.

  2. #2
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,205
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I can only conclude we are doomed!



    So were the Dinosaurs.

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Blinders on, ready for destruction.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Good thing we have youtube so we can make a documentary about it.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,142
    Beer goggles on, ready for warefare....

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Beer goggles on, ready for warefare....
    What's warefare? software fare or hardware fare?

  7. #7
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyonadyke View Post
    What's warefare? software fare or hardware fare?
    it is the part of the comp that gets worn out by watching to much porn
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    http://thewoodgallery.blogspot.ca/

  8. #8
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    I am pretty sure that somewhere on Youtube you will find indisputable factual evidence that Exxon pioneered time travel some time in the 80s, in collusion with John Delorean, and managed to send a nuke back in time to cause the great bacterial extinction to form the currently over-exploited oil deposits... Now there's a documentary!
    It's all Here. Now.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    I have a theory that the earliest cave paintings have illuminati codes hidden in them which helped the NWO rise to power. It's not like we've changed through the ages or anyting. Post-modernism has just given the lazy and unartful the tools to participate from their barcaloungers. Just look it up.

  10. #10
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Rocko, im with you we are doomed, shut the gate, the fat lady is dead, we are doomed..
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  11. #11
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Stereotype's reveal the internal self.

  12. #12
    workin' it Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,828
    True proof of the dissolution of all that makes us human is the comments on youtube, followed closely by the comments on any Huff post women's lifestyle article. We are getting stupider by the second and as I have read lately "The problem with humanity is that the intelligent people are full of doubt and the stupid ones are full of confidence."

    Sums it up nicely.

    Conspiracy theories remind me of anti-vaccination theories: not a shred of scientific proof besides a few leaflets, loud voices and websites. As I said once you have a solid factual basis for a conspiracy you can then not call it a conspiracy because it becomes a fact and the idea that any government is so good at keeping a secret that we could be kept in the dark about chem-trails or WTC or Newtown or anything is ludicrous because the government is such a loose collection of aggregate each with its own ambition to sell out the person above so that they can move up that ladder that nothing stays secret. Iran-Contra, the blue dress, watergate, Clinton's and the junk bonds. Things at the POTUS level, that should most certainly be the most secret things ever and they all came out.

    The concept of a watertight conspiracy is based on the concept that people can keep their mouths shut over years. Hell even the guy that perpetrated the Bigfoot myth ratted himself out when he died.

    I respect that you believe that people can keep a secret, and sure maybe one person can keep a secret until their grave but the numbers of people that would need to keep a secret just to do something as small as Newtown would be impossible. That is way to much faith in humanity and thus if hundreds of people that would need to be in on WTC could keep quiet about it for 10 years did so I would say that humanity has become a much sadder version of itself when people like Deep Throat had the balls to rat out the damn POTUS. That is what I am getting at.

    I don't want to live on a planet where people wouldn't talk about something that they covered up even if the reason would just be monetary gain.

    Try this: HTFU

  13. #13
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,576
    I have nothing…
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  14. #14
    workin' it Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    I have a theory that the earliest cave paintings have illuminati codes hidden in them which helped the NWO rise to power. It's not like we've changed through the ages or anyting. Post-modernism has just given the lazy and unartful the tools to participate from their barcaloungers. Just look it up.
    I have a theory that the designer and builder of St Peters Dome and the Duomo in Florence Filippo Brunelleschi is in fact a time traveler that got stuck in that era for whatever reason and decided to make a go of it. His designs for his machines to build those things are so above the level of anything else from that era and his understanding of materials and construction just have to show he is from the future. Of course I can't prove it. Hell I think the same thing about this guy from Nazareth too.
    Try this: HTFU

  15. #15
    Afric Pepperbird
    Reputation: dirt farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,709
    I swear I saw an image of Jesus in my poop.

  16. #16
    workin' it Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    I swear I saw an image of Jesus in my poop.
    pictures or it didn't happen...in before MCS.

    Actually pictures and i'll delete the post...****.
    Try this: HTFU

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    I have a theory that the designer and builder of St Peters Dome and the Duomo in Florence Filippo Brunelleschi is in fact a time traveler that got stuck in that era for whatever reason and decided to make a go of it. His designs for his machines to build those things are so above the level of anything else from that era and his understanding of materials and construction just have to show he is from the future. Of course I can't prove it. Hell I think the same thing about this guy from Nazareth too.
    I'll youtube it.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    True proof of the dissolution of all that makes us human is the comments on youtube, followed closely by the comments on any Huff post women's lifestyle article. We are getting stupider by the second and as I have read lately "The problem with humanity is that the intelligent people are full of doubt and the stupid ones are full of confidence."

    Sums it up nicely.

    Conspiracy theories remind me of anti-vaccination theories: not a shred of scientific proof besides a few leaflets, loud voices and websites. As I said once you have a solid factual basis for a conspiracy you can then not call it a conspiracy because it becomes a fact and the idea that any government is so good at keeping a secret that we could be kept in the dark about chem-trails or WTC or Newtown or anything is ludicrous because the government is such a loose collection of aggregate each with its own ambition to sell out the person above so that they can move up that ladder that nothing stays secret. Iran-Contra, the blue dress, watergate, Clinton's and the junk bonds. Things at the POTUS level, that should most certainly be the most secret things ever and they all came out.

    The concept of a watertight conspiracy is based on the concept that people can keep their mouths shut over years. Hell even the guy that perpetrated the Bigfoot myth ratted himself out when he died.

    I respect that you believe that people can keep a secret, and sure maybe one person can keep a secret until their grave but the numbers of people that would need to keep a secret just to do something as small as Newtown would be impossible. That is way to much faith in humanity and thus if hundreds of people that would need to be in on WTC could keep quiet about it for 10 years did so I would say that humanity has become a much sadder version of itself when people like Deep Throat had the balls to rat out the damn POTUS. That is what I am getting at.

    I don't want to live on a planet where people wouldn't talk about something that they covered up even if the reason would just be monetary gain.

    First question, from what are you quoting in the original post?

    2nd question, have you seen the movie Idiocracy? Its a general visual of the impending doom that awaits our future selves, but it's ok cause it's funny.

    Lastly, on the above, while I can't disagree, that's a little cold. Socrates killed himself, but really who does that? Sure he was smart, but he probably had some other issues too.

    I shall end with, supposedly Mark Twain.... Never debate with a stupid person, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Which means, in this context, let it go Henry Rollins. We were doomed before we got here...

    We didn't start the fire, it was always buurrninngggg since the world's been turning.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    We didn't start the fire, it was always buurrninngggg since the world's been turning.
    Whoah, you just quoted the second worst pop song in all of human history to make your point.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,223
    I'm sorry I got carried away, I admit it. I just flipped past vh1 and there it was, 6th grade all over again. sorrry

  21. #21
    workin' it Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    First question, from what are you quoting in the original post?

    2nd question, have you seen the movie Idiocracy? Its a general visual of the impending doom that awaits our future selves, but it's ok cause it's funny.

    Lastly, on the above, while I can't disagree, that's a little cold. Socrates killed himself, but really who does that? Sure he was smart, but he probably had some other issues too.

    I shall end with, supposedly Mark Twain.... Never debate with a stupid person, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Which means, in this context, let it go Henry Rollins. We were doomed before we got here...

    We didn't start the fire, it was always buurrninngggg since the world's been turning.
    I'm quoting my post from the original reference. Saw Idiocracy. Sadly sometimes it seems be coming true, although without the frozen in time thing.

    As a parent and a science educated individual I get blasted with these post Jenny McCarthy types that believe the vaccination/autism thing, even with peer reviewed and repeated tests showing it isn't actually linked at all in any cases. It is the desperate belief that you can explain something away and it will make you feel better that lead our ancient forefathers to say that thunder was Thor wielding his hammer in the heavens and posideon stirring the tempest.

    The whole conspiracy thing feels and looks like the same thing, yearn to explain how one individual or a small group of individuals can be so evil and wrapping our misgiving about religion, politics and personal biases into it and thus you get these crazy sounding schemes where our government sponsors domestic terrorism as a way of ensure you don't have access to guns. It is just as ludicrous as believing that Thor is making thunder. I could go out tomorrow and buy a gun legally here in Tucson, a city that had its locally elected governmental representative shot in the head by a mentally unstable young man but I couldn't go out and drive a motorcycle legally tomorrow yet these conspiracies always seem to show how the govt has created these to remove a couple of key freedoms, mainly guns and freedom.

    I get jaded a lot. I spent the first 24 years of life in canada so that explains a lot right there.
    Try this: HTFU

  22. #22
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    True proof of the dissolution of all that makes us human is the comments on youtube, followed closely by the comments on any Huff post women's lifestyle article. We are getting stupider by the second and as I have read lately "The problem with humanity is that the intelligent people are full of doubt and the stupid ones are full of confidence."

    Sums it up nicely.

    Conspiracy theories remind me of anti-vaccination theories: not a shred of scientific proof besides a few leaflets, loud voices and websites. As I said once you have a solid factual basis for a conspiracy you can then not call it a conspiracy because it becomes a fact and the idea that any government is so good at keeping a secret that we could be kept in the dark about chem-trails or WTC or Newtown or anything is ludicrous because the government is such a loose collection of aggregate each with its own ambition to sell out the person above so that they can move up that ladder that nothing stays secret. Iran-Contra, the blue dress, watergate, Clinton's and the junk bonds. Things at the POTUS level, that should most certainly be the most secret things ever and they all came out.

    The concept of a watertight conspiracy is based on the concept that people can keep their mouths shut over years. Hell even the guy that perpetrated the Bigfoot myth ratted himself out when he died.

    I respect that you believe that people can keep a secret, and sure maybe one person can keep a secret until their grave but the numbers of people that would need to keep a secret just to do something as small as Newtown would be impossible. That is way to much faith in humanity and thus if hundreds of people that would need to be in on WTC could keep quiet about it for 10 years did so I would say that humanity has become a much sadder version of itself when people like Deep Throat had the balls to rat out the damn POTUS. That is what I am getting at.

    I don't want to live on a planet where people wouldn't talk about something that they covered up even if the reason would just be monetary gain.

    You've never worked for the defense industry and had some sort of security clearance, with all the contracts you sign when you leave the company, in the name of national security. And that was, oh, 25-30 years ago, doubt it's gotten any easier.

  23. #23
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    "The problem with humanity is that the intelligent people are full of doubt and the stupid ones are full of confidence."
    I prefer to think that this doubt of which you speak is more along the lines of curiosity and the product of a searching and inquiring mind that wants to get to the nub of the truth about something, Glass Full/Empty kind of thing. The confidence of the stupid is just stupid and should not be rewarded in the kind of ways that reality TV/pap media does right now. That is a BIG part of the 'dissolution of humankind' right now in my book. We need ways to better reward/encourage positive and truly creative thinking and doing, things which actually IMPROVE our world.
    You are right IMHO about the validity of these 'conspiracy' theories. It is just too much to think that all involved can keep schtumm for so long and with such aplomb. We are just not that good at keeping a secret!
    It's all Here. Now.

  24. #24
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    Stereotype's reveal the internal self.
    I am afraid I cannot see what this means. Can you elaborate please?
    It's all Here. Now.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,445
    IMO there's a disconnect from reality and consequences that's growing stronger. Like all the kids on a mediocre team getting awards. For what? What happened to the best or the winners getting awards and the rest have to deal with not. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    Not to mention people and their lives being controlled by the ultra rich's greed more and more, and now on a global level.
    People are the same as they were 30 years ago but now, IMO, thanx to cable news filling a 24 hour cycle on multiple channels, people live in fear. Even the weather channel gets in on the mongering. We could and should all take a stand against all news media that's opinionated, speculative, and fills an agenda, which IMO is all channels on tv on some level.
    There's many scenarios that I could point to that prove these points, but I think "Global Climate Change" is one of the best, most obvious, and unbelievable that so many people buy into, as well as completely man made. There's no denying mankind hasn't screwed up the planet in many ways, and may even have an impact on climate. Or that big oil and fossil fuel money and infrastructure is holding us hostage. The fact of the matter is that glacial periods last around 100,000 years, and inter-glacial periods, like the one we're enjoying now, last around 11,000. Which btw our last ice age was around 11,500 years ago so ? It has been PROVEN this way throughout our planets history. Or the fact that the planet has been warmer, and warmer for much longer, with higher c02 levels than now, before fossil fuels were even used, like the medieval warm period as a proven example.
    This doesn't seem to matter. I'm starting to guess that as long as your intentions are good or seem that way, it really doesn't matter. Like little Johnny getting an award for baseball even thou he sucks. We wouldn't want him to feel bad or have to deal with reality or consequences.

    There's a saying "if you had a brain you'd be dangerous", which I think sums up our existence pretty well. We as a race lay claim to so much, and pat ourselves on the back and celebrate our accomplishments at every opportunity, yet there's still oppression world wide, and we're ruining the only planet we have at an accelerated rate. Yahoo for us.

    I could go on about how people don't have the make-up, or genetic history to live in such large societies, with so many ways to fill all your needs by yourself, and how that is effecting and what it's evolving into, but this post is long enough.
    Round and round we go

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    As a parent and a science educated individual I get blasted with these post Jenny McCarthy types that believe the vaccination/autism thing, even with peer reviewed and repeated tests showing it isn't actually linked at all in any cases. It is the desperate belief that you can explain something away and it will make you feel better that lead our ancient forefathers to say that thunder was Thor wielding his hammer in the heavens and posideon stirring the tempest.

    The whole conspiracy thing feels and looks like the same thing, yearn to explain how one individual or a small group of individuals can be so evil and wrapping our misgiving about religion, politics and personal biases into it and thus you get these crazy sounding schemes where our government sponsors domestic terrorism as a way of ensure you don't have access to guns. It is just as ludicrous as believing that Thor is making thunder. I could go out tomorrow and buy a gun legally here in Tucson, a city that had its locally elected governmental representative shot in the head by a mentally unstable young man but I couldn't go out and drive a motorcycle legally tomorrow yet these conspiracies always seem to show how the govt has created these to remove a couple of key freedoms, mainly guns and freedom.

    I get jaded a lot. I spent the first 24 years of life in canada so that explains a lot right there.
    As a person in a plant research laboratory, I can appreciate the anger and frustration at a group of loud individuals that do not do their own research, take the word of a public individual, and never concede that either that individual could be wrong or that they could be wrong for accepting the words of this individual. I can also understand the emotion, pain, and guilt of a parent who has a child born with a disability, either mental or physical. My son was born with a complete unilateral cleft. Several ultrasounds and no family history did nothing to prepare us for that eventuality after 2.5 days of labor. We are inherently social animals, want our children to be accepted, and may not have the emotional stability or sound mind to understand that sh*t happens. It's funny to me because excuses and/or reasons never made reality easier to bear. Truly the blame lies with the "scientist" who fudged data for recognition, he has done irreparable harm to the good that vaccinations bring to our society on the whole. I do concede that Jenny McCarthy has absolutely no credentials that would allow her to open her mouth on such subjects. She should've stuck to eating ice cream naked. Finally, just because someone one trusts says something does not absolve one from the responsibility to oneself and others to go to the library and look it up before telling everyone you know what it is that you think you know.

    Conspiracy theorists are just novelists making a pitch too caught up in character development who then forgot to write it down and perhaps are just looking for a publisher. This of course excludes those who are mental unstable and are deserving of or require mental health care or treatment.

    Rockcrusher, I've known a few Canadians and I think you picked up some sort of bug when you came to the states.

    In closing, I believe that the world is a more perfect place than can possibly be imagined. I cannot see all ends, beginnings, or all in my presence. However, I still have faith that life is a beautiful gift. I would not fully appreciate the beauty of the world without the BS. It's sad, but true for me. No song lyrics this time.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    As a person in a plant research laboratory, I can appreciate the anger and frustration at a group of loud individuals that do not do their own research, take the word of a public individual, and never concede that either that individual could be wrong or that they could be wrong for accepting the words of this individual. I can also understand the emotion, pain, and guilt of a parent who has a child born with a disability, either mental or physical. My son was born with a complete unilateral cleft. Several ultrasounds and no family history did nothing to prepare us for that eventuality after 2.5 days of labor. We are inherently social animals, want our children to be accepted, and may not have the emotional stability or sound mind to understand that sh*t happens. It's funny to me because excuses and/or reasons never made reality easier to bear. Truly the blame lies with the "scientist" who fudged data for recognition, he has done irreparable harm to the good that vaccinations bring to our society on the whole. I do concede that Jenny McCarthy has absolutely no credentials that would allow her to open her mouth on such subjects. She should've stuck to eating ice cream naked. Finally, just because someone one trusts says something does not absolve one from the responsibility to oneself and others to go to the library and look it up before telling everyone you know what it is that you think you know.

    Conspiracy theorists are just novelists making a pitch too caught up in character development who then forgot to write it down and perhaps are just looking for a publisher. This of course excludes those who are mental unstable and are deserving of or require mental health care or treatment.

    Rockcrusher, I've known a few Canadians and I think you picked up some sort of bug when you came to the states.

    In closing, I believe that the world is a more perfect place than can possibly be imagined. I cannot see all ends, beginnings, or all in my presence. However, I still have faith that life is a beautiful gift. I would not fully appreciate the beauty of the world without the BS. It's sad, but true for me. No song lyrics this time.
    Nice post. This thread has some serious potential.

  28. #28
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    I'm quoting my post from the original reference. Saw Idiocracy. Sadly sometimes it seems be coming true, although without the frozen in time thing.

    As a parent and a science educated individual I get blasted with these post Jenny McCarthy types that believe the vaccination/autism thing, even with peer reviewed and repeated tests showing it isn't actually linked at all in any cases. It is the desperate belief that you can explain something away and it will make you feel better that lead our ancient forefathers to say that thunder was Thor wielding his hammer in the heavens and posideon stirring the tempest.

    The whole conspiracy thing feels and looks like the same thing, yearn to explain how one individual or a small group of individuals can be so evil and wrapping our misgiving about religion, politics and personal biases into it and thus you get these crazy sounding schemes where our government sponsors domestic terrorism as a way of ensure you don't have access to guns. It is just as ludicrous as believing that Thor is making thunder. I could go out tomorrow and buy a gun legally here in Tucson, a city that had its locally elected governmental representative shot in the head by a mentally unstable young man but I couldn't go out and drive a motorcycle legally tomorrow yet these conspiracies always seem to show how the govt has created these to remove a couple of key freedoms, mainly guns and freedom.

    I get jaded a lot. I spent the first 24 years of life in canada so that explains a lot right there.
    So if someone told you that electrolytes on plants was a bad thing, you'd just ignore them, because conspiracy theories are something you'd rather not spend time thinking about ?

    That's cool, we all pick and choose what we want to think about ... But discrediting the individual's opinion, because of nothing more than an opinion, is not a good thing to do.
    They might be right

    Concerning government conspiracies ... History has already shown us that governments do things that are latter shown to be unacceptable to society.
    Romans vilifying and killing Christians comes to mind, as doe things that have occurred in more recent times.

  29. #29
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I am afraid I cannot see what this means. Can you elaborate please?
    How one feels, thinks, and acts toward others is a reflection of self.
    If one thinks they are superior to another, they are probably also inferior in some fashion.
    If they act negative toward another, due to their superior feeling, they are most assuredly inferior, to a greater degree, than those they are negative toward.

  30. #30
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    There's a saying "if you had a brain you'd be dangerous", which I think sums up our existence pretty well.
    This is what makes man the most dangerous thing on the planet.
    Fortunately, few choose to utilize their brain for harm ... The problem is ... They let others think for them, and this ... Can be even more dangerous

  31. #31
    workin' it Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    So if someone told you that electrolytes on plants was a bad thing, you'd just ignore them, because conspiracy theories are something you'd rather not spend time thinking about ?

    That's cool, we all pick and choose what we want to think about ... But discrediting the individual's opinion, because of nothing more than an opinion, is not a good thing to do.
    They might be right

    Concerning government conspiracies ... History has already shown us that governments do things that are latter shown to be unacceptable to society.
    Romans vilifying and killing Christians comes to mind, as doe things that have occurred in more recent times.
    No I would sit down and research the comment, find conclusive evidence on the subject, that is either peer reviewed scientific information or in the case of legal procedures some legally documented proceeding, conclusions and reasonable verdicts and then base my decisions on that. Basing my decisions to, say, get my child vaccinated or not based on one un-repeated trial and a bunch of internet babble is not what I would call using my brain. It is what I would call a kneejerk reaction to something that perhaps I don't fully understand. It is a balance of those that have proven something to be true vs those that believe something in not true but have no proof. I will always stand with definitive proof which is why refer to conspiracy theories as theories because they have no proof of fact. They have circumstantial evidence or coincidental evidence or just hearsay but there is no proof. No one has any proof about JFK, or Roswell aliens, or the Newtown shooting. The only evidence for the Autism/Vaccination theory was discredited as being falsified data. Same with the human cloning in Korea.

    I take fact before I take theory and the worst kind of theory is anonymous internet theory.
    Try this: HTFU

  32. #32
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    No I would sit down and research the comment, find conclusive evidence on the subject, that is either peer reviewed scientific information or in the case of legal procedures some legally documented proceeding, conclusions and reasonable verdicts and then base my decisions on that. Basing my decisions to, say, get my child vaccinated or not based on one un-repeated trial and a bunch of internet babble is not what I would call using my brain. It is what I would call a kneejerk reaction to something that perhaps I don't fully understand. It is a balance of those that have proven something to be true vs those that believe something in not true but have no proof. I will always stand with definitive proof which is why refer to conspiracy theories as theories because they have no proof of fact. They have circumstantial evidence or coincidental evidence or just hearsay but there is no proof. No one has any proof about JFK, or Roswell aliens, or the Newtown shooting. The only evidence for the Autism/Vaccination theory was discredited as being falsified data. Same with the human cloning in Korea.

    I take fact before I take theory and the worst kind of theory is anonymous internet theory.
    Piltdown Man - the greatest hoax in the history of science? | Natural History Museum
    Follow the story of Piltdown Man, once hailed as our early human ancestor but exposed as a shocking scientific fraud 40 years later.
    Science once taught that heavy objects fell faster than light ones, and that the Earth was flat.

    I get what you're saying, but I don't immediately discount what someone says, along with the individual, just because I think the idea is crazy.

    Facts of the past have been proven wrong many times, as new information is discovered.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Platitudes are the lowest form of trolling.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    This is what makes man the most dangerous thing on the planet.
    Fortunately, few choose to utilize their brain for harm ... The problem is ... They let others think for them, and this ... Can be even more dangerous
    While it's hard to disagree with this you missed my point completely.
    Round and round we go

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,445
    As far as conspiracy, sometimes it is just that and sometimes it's not. To just accept things like JFK's one bullet, or smoking isn't bad for you, or Pearl Harbor, or weapons of mass destruction, and so many other things would be far worse.
    Round and round we go

  36. #36
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Platitudes are the lowest form of trolling.


    Glad I'm not the only one that sees it.

  37. #37
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one that sees it.
    There's a few around...
    It's all Here. Now.

  38. #38
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    In closing, I believe that the world is a more perfect place than can possibly be imagined. I cannot see all ends, beginnings, or all in my presence. However, I still have faith that life is a beautiful gift. I would not fully appreciate the beauty of the world without the BS. It's sad, but true for me. No song lyrics this time.

    This statement is about the best I have seen on this or any other thread. It is something I try to live my life being mindful of, and seeing it here this morning has brightened this day for me!
    It's all Here. Now.

  39. #39
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    How one feels, thinks, and acts toward others is a reflection of self.
    If one thinks they are superior to another, they are probably also inferior in some fashion.
    If they act negative toward another, due to their superior feeling, they are most assuredly inferior, to a greater degree, than those they are negative toward.
    Interesting interpretation!
    It's all Here. Now.

  40. #40
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words- "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  41. #41
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words- "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
    QED in order to fully understand 'Highdelll' we need to split the word into 2 parts:

    ...


    Sorry Dell, couldn't resist!
    It's all Here. Now.

  42. #42
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Interesting interpretation!
    I did make it up, but believe it to be true.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,223
    I'm glad to see some precipitate in here. Unfortunately, it does seem that in order for us to grow we need to be tied down. We appear to need pressure to push back and gravity in order to fly. Perhaps the jaded perspective is necessary to see we need to work against the complacency of society. However, we should do so not with anger and should start with ourself because to see someone else's progress and perseverance is more believable than to hear simply words or read simple script.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    How one feels, thinks, and acts toward others is a reflection of self.
    If one thinks they are superior to another, they are probably also inferior in some fashion.
    If they act negative toward another, due to their superior feeling, they are most assuredly inferior, to a greater degree, than those they are negative toward.
    I like it. It's a nice elaboration of the Golden Rule.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  45. #45
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    I like it. It's a nice elaboration of the Golden Rule.
    Hadn't really thought about it, but yea, I guess it is.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    Their is a possiblity that Vaccines are causing autism, in reality nobody knows for sure, there would be absolutely nothing wrong with doing away with say the Flu Vaccine as it is unreliable and "misses" completley quit often and worse case? oHHHH your kid is sick for a few days. The elderly are another ballgame alltogether.
    People claim it does not cause sickness, but the three times I have had it, I became sick within two days of taking it, coincidence? possibly, but everyones body reacts differently, and with the more we think we know, the more we find we do not, so I go with the old rule, if it makes you sick, dont take it, screw someone else telling you what YOU are supposed to feel.
    Autism rates increasing sharply, CDC study finds - Los Angeles Times
    From something like one in 10,000 in the early seveneties, to one in fifty now, if this keeps going, we will no longer be able to function as a society.

  47. #47

  48. #48
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    Their is a possiblity that Vaccines are causing autism, in reality nobody knows for sure, there would be absolutely nothing wrong with doing away with say the Flu Vaccine as it is unreliable and "misses" completley quit often and worse case? oHHHH your kid is sick for a few days. The elderly are another ballgame alltogether.
    People claim it does not cause sickness, but the three times I have had it, I became sick within two days of taking it, coincidence? possibly, but everyones body reacts differently, and with the more we think we know, the more we find we do not, so I go with the old rule, if it makes you sick, dont take it, screw someone else telling you what YOU are supposed to feel.
    So far there's little or no scientific data to back up any claims that vaccines cause autism. As was noted earlier some of the first claims were drawn from an incredibly reckless researcher (Andrew Wakefield) who conducted an entirely invalid study looking at this link. The problem is that study planted the seed of doubt in a couple generations of parents and got us to the Jenny McCarthys of today.

    The flu vaccine does occasionally miss and that's just how it goes but most of the time its spot on. Getting a little sick after taking the vaccine is normal for many people. However it cannot give you the flu because the virus is completely inactivated, you're just getting a a harmless coat protein that will stimulate your immune system to make antibodies that will recognize live flu virus. It takes time for this process to work so if you got the flu after getting vaccinated then it is coincidence and you simply didn't get the vaccine in time to prevent the flu virus from infecting you. Getting vaccinated far outweighs the risk both to you as an individual and society as a whole. But by all means if you have some sort of adverse reaction to it then don't take it.

    Autism rates increasing sharply, CDC study finds - Los Angeles Times
    From something like one in 10,000 in the early seveneties, to one in fifty now, if this keeps going, we will no longer be able to function as a society.
    The minute I saw this I thought that the rise in rates may be due to better screening, reporting, and changing criteria for diagnosis. And that's exactly what the article cited in the post says. So you need another citation to back your assertions because this one says exactly the opposite of what you're claiming

  49. #49
    workin' it Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    Their is a possiblity that Vaccines are causing autism, in reality nobody knows for sure, there would be absolutely nothing wrong with doing away with say the Flu Vaccine as it is unreliable and "misses" completley quit often and worse case? oHHHH your kid is sick for a few days. The elderly are another ballgame alltogether.
    People claim it does not cause sickness, but the three times I have had it, I became sick within two days of taking it, coincidence? possibly, but everyones body reacts differently, and with the more we think we know, the more we find we do not, so I go with the old rule, if it makes you sick, dont take it, screw someone else telling you what YOU are supposed to feel.
    Autism rates increasing sharply, CDC study finds - Los Angeles Times
    From something like one in 10,000 in the early seveneties, to one in fifty now, if this keeps going, we will no longer be able to function as a society.
    There is also a chance the diet soda is causing Autism, or increased pollution levels or a large aggregate of older parents. Correlation doesn't not indicate causation. Vaccines work on the concept that there is a group immunity. 90% of people have an immunity to the disease so that if someone does get rubella there isn't an outbreak the results in thousands of people getting it. Think the black plague. Just because people that have gotten vaccinated got autism doesn't mean that they got it from vaccinations. Sadly right around the time that a child is old enough to start getting the serious vaccinations is the time that you begin to notice the behavioral indicators of autism. It is easy to search for a link to why your child is autistic and when you get a needle it is easy to blame it. Very few people look back at what they were doing when their body was making the eggs and sperm to make that baby. Age, drugs, pollution and physical stresses all effect the way they egg and sperm develop. The only scientific study that linked the two was easily discredited with peer review and no one being able to reproduce the results independently. For their to be a link at least one other study would need to be able to reproduce the results independently.

    If you get sick from the flu vaccination then you can request a dead vaccination instead of an alive one and it will have no effect on you. It is the requirement for people who are sensitive to it, children, elderly and pregnant women. The purpose again of the flu vaccine is to make sure that those that don't respond to it or are more susceptible to it don't create a pandemic. Look at the Flu outbreak of 1918 for an example of what can happen to an unvaccinated population.

    and directly from that article" The new figure, based on 2008 data, is sure to fuel debate over whether a growing environmental threat could be at work. But autism researchers around the country said the CDC data — including striking geographic and racial variations in the rates and how they have changed — suggest that rising awareness of the disorder, better detection and improved access to services can explain much of the surge, and perhaps all of it.

    Comparing even rates from the 70's to now is fraught with problems because we are substantially better at detecting disease, parents are more sensitive to how their children behave and more people go to the doctor. Again this is a statistic that needs to be seen against the methods and the means and the social factors of its comparison. All too often we rattle off a statistic because it is convenient to support a theory but we rarely mention how it was taken or if there is a any error in that statistic.

    In this case and being the parent of a child my pediatrician tells me that people come in seeking an autism diagnosis so they can explain away their child's behavioral problems. My child has a pragmatic speech issue and his speech therapist tells me he gets the same thing, people that want to explain away their children's language development issues with a diagnosis of autism. For some it has become a cool thing for your child to brag about (my previous employer used to tell me all the time that his son was a high functioning aspergers child but he wasn't they just needed to explain away how he was a failure at school) and for others it is just away of trying to accept that their child is different. For me the last thing I want is my child have a diagnosis of autism (which he doesn't have) he is just developing differently and we have to work double hard to get him up to speed (which is perhaps what parents want to avoid and so they go for the autism diagnosis hoping to get help from the schools and medicine and such).
    Try this: HTFU

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    So far there's little or no scientific data to back up any claims that vaccines cause autism. As was noted earlier some of the first claims were drawn from an incredibly reckless researcher (Andrew Wakefield) who conducted an entirely invalid study looking at this link. The problem is that study planted the seed of doubt in a couple generations of parents and got us to the Jenny McCarthys of today.

    The flu vaccine does occasionally miss and that's just how it goes but most of the time its spot on. Getting a little sick after taking the vaccine is normal for many people. However it cannot give you the flu because the virus is completely inactivated, you're just getting a a harmless coat protein that will stimulate your immune system to make antibodies that will recognize live flu virus. It takes time for this process to work so if you got the flu after getting vaccinated then it is coincidence and you simply didn't get the vaccine in time to prevent the flu virus from infecting you. Getting vaccinated far outweighs the risk both to you as an individual and society as a whole. But by all means if you have some sort of adverse reaction to it then don't take it.
    Yea the government tells you its ok, so it must be, just like GMO, again, there is absoluitely no logical reason to foce a vaccine on anyone when there is no threat of an imminent outbreak, the use Of vaccine and autism are according although personally I suspect it is do to many factors, not necessarily just one.
    I do feel sorry for you though, why after all the constant lies and misinformation the government puts forth daily, would you possibly believe anything they say? Why when you have the former executives of Major coporations running the FDA, EPA ect would you believe anything they have to say, do you really at that point believe they have your best interest at heart? Man, I want some of your happy pills if you do.


    The minute I saw this I thought that the rise in rates may be due to better screening, reporting, and changing criteria for diagnosis. And that's exactly what the article cited in the post says. So you need another citation to back your assertions because this one says exactly the opposite of what you're claiming
    Actually no that is false, the amount of people, unable to function at a normal level has increased dramatically, all one has to do is think back to 30 years ago, and how many "off" people you knew, hardly any, now? there were so many autistic kids living on a Military Base a friend of mine was stationed at (he has two himself) they actually had a sign up warning of the presence of such children.
    This really is no surprise, the Military uses troops as little more than test subjects for major chemical companies.
    Again, Gulf war Syndrom is not fully known what is the cause, but what we do know is the government did its absolute best to cover it up for some time, that is ignorant, repugnant and why on earth again, you would give the Gov any credibility after consistant lie after lie is beyond me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 10:15 PM
  2. Replies: 2848
    Last Post: 01-01-2013, 08:36 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 07:30 PM
  4. "Mooch Madness- the fearsome 4some" AND "Cranks Around the Campfire"
    By hammarhead in forum New York - New Jersey
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 02:57 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 07:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •