Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mtbr member

Upset Dear the inventor of, and companies who use Torx and Security Screws

I would like to shove every single of these stupid special screwdrivers I have to order from China into your eyeballs in an attempt to screw your brain back in straight.

I need to OPEN your stupid POS because you somehow effed it up! But, that point doesn't matter. Because I bought it and I own it! It is mine to do as I please with, void warranties as I see fit, use the parts to create my own sentry robot, build a nuclear reactor, WHATEVER. You sold it to me, it is mine, I want to open it.

In my case, 9 out of 10 times, it is to fix something. Because your product is a broke POS, or doesn't work as intended, or further ridiculous propitiatory parts makes it too expensive to maintain, or it is so old I can't find your stupid propitiatory parts any more, or your stupid propitiatory parts are stupid and weak and the open market has far superior items. If, by chance it is so new it is actually covered by your 2 year warranty, it is MY choice to void it! Most of the time, your product is needed long past the warranty, and any replacement parts, new or not, are no longer covered anyways. The screws aren't magically going to open up to me. I still need a TOOLBOX FILLED WITH YOUR STUPID SECURITY BITS.

So, I am faced with two choices. I can bend over and pay $5+ for the privilege of opening each special snowflake product by buying a domestic bit, or I can order an entire set of the bull**** parts I know I will eventually need again made with of pot-metal from China for the same price plus roughly a month of wait time.

I am pissed. Every time I try to do ANYTHING with electronics, even when I think I have all the bits I need, BAM hidden security bit/ torx!

So, here is the long, strange path I have taken. It is as close as I can be to going 'legit' and is a perfect example of WHY people use ROMS and one of them many places where game companies is failing.

I don't want to use ROMS. If I have reasonable access to a game, I will get physical possession of it. In the 90's, it was a lot more expensive to release games, so if something was not predicted to sell well in a certain region, it would see limited or no release. Systems had region chips in them, so they only played games released for one specific region. Hence why I *do* have ROMS for a few more obscure games that either never saw a North American release or are rare and very expensive. Most Sony games do NOT fall under this category, and can be obtained reasonably easily.

Now, the lasers in PS2s are junk. They have a high fail rate, burn out really easily. Sony stopped supporting them long ago. I have no interest in collecting Slim PS2s and throwing away old systems as lasers die. Even replacement lasers suck, since they have to use the same crappy technology that gave them a high failure rate. Most are repaired/ refurbished ones coming from China. Authentic ones cost as much as another PS2. Different kinds of discs burn out the lasers faster, especially when playing PSOne games, as I do. After fighting a dying laser for years, having to constantly open the system and adjust it to squeeze more life out of it, it died altogether. Replacing it has been a nightmare. Good lasers are a crapshoot. Adjusting them properly is a crapshoot. It take a long time to do the work, and even more when you need to swap it again cause the one you got was DOA. Even longer if you need to physically modify the laser to change the frequency to get it working right. I could go on and on about the troubles with opening them and fixing them.

So, I decided to burn through one last laser so I don't have to mess with this BS again. The old PS2 fats can take a network card, which can connect to old IDEE hard drives. These allow you to back up all of your games and play them directly from the hard drive, and therefore only need to use the laser when you are adding a new game to the backup. The newer Slim ones with much better lasers can do the same, but with USB 1.0 support as the only transfer option, the speeds are unacceptably bad for many games. So, the fats with the terrible lasers it is!

Now, IDEE is where the trouble begins. Ideally, I should have done this 4 years ago when IDEE drives were being dumped as they became obsolete. Now, they are expensive, and they are old. Hard drives also fail quite often. So, if it fails, I would be in the same spot, but 5 years later when IDEE are 5 times as much as they are now. There also is the drive limitation of 500GB max. I don't know exactly how much space I need, but with around 100 games, most of which are DVDs which can have a max of about 8GB, I have a feeling I would exceed 500GB.

So, converting to SATA seems to be the best option. More walls. I need a little converter adapter made for laptops, which means I need a laptop drive. There are ones for regular drives, but the space in the PS2 is limited. When you add the card, it requires you to physically modify the PS2 if you want to use a regular sized drive. I may consider going that route, depending on which SATA adapter cards work. Because, you see, these adapter cards are also all crap shoots. 90% are made in China POSes. There are expensive ones out there that are a pain to get a hold of, and come with mixed reviews on their effectiveness. I figure I will try out as many $5 ones as I can, keep returning them to Amazon until I get one that works.

OFC, Sony wanted you to buy THEIR hard drives to go with the PS2. The biggest one they offered was something like 40GB. And they are expensive for the amount of space, and a pain to source. They are just standard Maxtors anyways. So... uh, no. They made the spacing on the Network adapters *slightly* off, it seems. The SATA adapter I got does not fit. I can't move the connectors on it. So I opened up the Network adapter with a regular screwdrives so I can shift stuff around and make everything fit, and LO AND BEHOLD! Inside, holding the boards on, is a Torx. A small one. Who ****ing knows what size it is. It is one I don't have. Obviously. More parts to source, after sourcing for months already.

Security and Torx. In eyeballs. Twist. Etc.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Maya, tell us how you really feel.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    I don't like lettuce in my burritos, either.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

AZ
    banned
    MMMMmmmmm, burrito's.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I don't like lettuce in my burritos, either.
    Dude! If burrito is going to have sour cream inside, it MUST also have lettuce. Otherwise, I completely agree with you.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Poor Maya has been out in the damned desert for too long. I've seen this before. So sad.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    The problem is that burritos generally end up steaming in their own wrap, and then the lettuce wilts and gets soggy...and is flavorless to begin with. Not good eats.

And then we eat them."

Gor'n Ridin'!
    The problem is that burritos generally end up steaming in their own wrap, and then the lettuce wilts and gets soggy...and is flavorless to begin with. Not good eats.
    Burritos MUST be eaten on the spot. This is not a "take home" food. And if they are getting soggy while you are sitting there at the food place, then you are not eating them fast enough. Eat faster. Take Tums when you get home from the indigestion. So good!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Burritos MUST be eaten on the spot. This is not a "take home" food. And if they are getting soggy while you are sitting there at the food place, then you are not eating them fast enough. Eat faster. Take Tums when you get home from the indigestion. So good!
    Yes.

Dear people who make burritos, then put them in hot holding...

I want to shove hot peppers into every orifice of your body, until you understand the correlation between 'hot' and 'fresh'.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    i agree...however, originally, they were made to be eaten later, as a true 'to go' food.
    I am a texture purist.
    If it sits, I dont want it.
    but even if they sit in the red heat lamp, while the rest of your table's order is being put together...soggy lettuce.
    better to avoid it altogether.

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    At a restaurant?? Nooooo get the fajitas or the house specialty! Burritos are fast food, meant to be eaten instantly or with one hand as you drive away

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Or on the engine manifold during a long distance drive.

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Shimano is sooo ****ing lucky the socket wrench kit I got for other parts also came with the right sized torx, and even a hex I was missing.

While the kit had all the hex and torx sizes I have needed so far for my bike, as well as a random assortment of safety bits, it did not contain anything that fits any electronics I have tried it on.

Bastards.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    well, the original burrito was kept warm under the saddle blanket of a horse or Burro...I'll take a 5.4 liter v8 anyday

And then we eat them."

banned
    Jun 2007
    ^^^ Uggggh. Neither hot, nor fresh.... and afterwards you'll need that special over-sized torx driver to unplug the toilet.
    In the meantime, I hope you have a dog to blame for the noxious odors.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishartbicycles View Post
    BTW, a really good burrito can be purchased on a Friday, heated up on the dash, and eaten for dinner on Sunday.
    Or on the engine manifold during a long distance drive.

Of course! That is how we make breakfast burritos around here! Cook the egg on the dash, bacon on the engine, heat the tortilla on the leather seats, then wrap it up in foil and melt the cheese on the hood. It will keep at consistently hot holding temperature for three months during summer.

mtbr member
    I am an expert on fine ass.

mtbr member
    I also care deeply about the condition of my ass, so I spend good money on quality saddles.

My WTB Pure V that was recommended is ok, but not great. I ordered a couple Terry saddles to try out, and am trying to find a used or NOS Butterfly Gel with CroMoly rails for 20-30 bucks

My ass is not easily pleased or contained.

The Boat or The Bike?
    I'm not going to say anything about this post.

Except that I hate all electronics and I like my burrito without the tortilla over lettuce, with sour cream...
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

mtbr member
    As long as it does not require Torx wrench....
    Fine ass never requires Torx. Only ****ty ass does.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike&Fish View Post
    I like my burrito without the tortilla over lettuce, with sour cream...
    Is this some weirdo sexual fetish innuendo?

And then we eat them."

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Give me Cilantro, thanks

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    You go ahead and keep telling yourself that.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    exactly. That's why I suggested foregoing the leafy greens altogether if the burrito might sit for more than a nanosecond.

And then we eat them."

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    I was recently introduced to SDG saddles. I have some variation of their saddle on all my bikes, now.

The Bel-Air and Allure look promising. They have the cutaway, which is the most important, and are fairly wide. I think I need a wider seat area, however, which is why I want to try the Terrys and see where they get me. I think the WTB is a hair too narrow, and the lack of complete cutaway is giving a bit of discomfort after a long ride, more so than the Serfas I had before that. Frankly, that one was almost perfect. Too much squish, though, I was getting gnarly rashes.

mtbr member
    This sounds more like Fajita talk to me.

**** the greens and fiber, load that bad boy up with MEAT and the two best vegetable ever, bell peppers and onion.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    So is it the deal here that every Bikemaya thread is really about sex? Or is it that every thread in the OC is really about sex?

mtbr member
    No, not this one. Only every other one I posted in tonight.

This one is about my ass in the saddle. And Torx. I hate those effin things. Did I mention I stripped one on my brakes too? Ya, I'm pissed. Gotta bleed them backwards now. Might work better that way anyways, using a syringe. We'll see.

But, anyways, **** TORX.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Bikemaya, like all here, I too, am an expert on ass. However, not my own. I have no ass to speak of because cycling has kept me far too skinny.

I think you are actually angry about other things not just Torx, otherwise you'd just get a bunch of Torx bits for you toolbox like all the assless people do.

Soggy lettuce does suck, but I don't want to harm people.

The thought of this makes me sad.

Thanks!
    occasional cyclist

Gor'n Ridin'!
    well, the original burrito was kept warm under the saddle blanket of a horse or Burro...I'll take a 5.4 liter v8 anyday
    5.7 Hemi is far better

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    I am an expert on fine ass.
    So, would you consider your ass to be a "fine ass"?

I'm just messing with you
    Let me get this straight - you went through multiple paragraphs of hell, just to let the need for a new tool send you into a rant?

Obviously not a guy. We'd just go buy every size torx bit we could find, and a $100 worth of other tools just to show them who's boss.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

rho
    Life is strange

Re: Dear the inventor of, and companies who use Torx and Security Screws

I like torx AND lettuce in my burritos.

Sent by smoke signal.

banned
    Sep 2007
    This sounds more like Fajita talk to me.

**** the greens and fiber, load that bad boy up with MEAT and the two best vegetable ever, bell peppers and onion.
    And in 4 to 6 hours, that sounds like something Tom Leykas could take you out with. Burning eyes, singed nostrils and dutch ovens.

banned
    Sep 2007
    So, Bikemaya is to be trusted with fine ass, and lettuce, but not Torx screws.... Would you let her torque your nuts?

mnoutain bkie rdier
    Is there a torx in your burrito?

mtbr member
    So, would you consider your ass to be a "fine ass"?
    When biking, I certainly would say it looks quite... perky. Fine is a taste thing, but I have been accused of having such I am a connoisseur of fine ass.

Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    Let me get this straight - you went through multiple paragraphs of hell, just to let the need for a new tool send you into a rant?

Obviously not a guy. We'd just go buy every size torx bit we could find, and a $100 worth of other tools just to show them who's boss.
    Oh, I love tools. So much so, I resent wasting what little money I have that could be spent on something very drool-worthy on one-time use specialty items. I could spend a decent personal fortune at a hardware store, and still have things left on my list.

You see, I discovered the true beauty of full workshops when I studied art. Our sculpture studio was very nicely equipped for the small department. Tons of different kinds of saws, welding stations with both gas and arc, full forge with modest smithing collection (which, unfortunately, was cold most of the time. They had trouble finding teachers who knew how to use it. Only the bronzing class used it, and bronzing is boring. It is basically ceramics with extra steps and bronze), possibly a furnace as well, but definitely a couple kilns, pneumatic lines running throughout, all the hand tools one could want, all the power tools one could want, plus plenty of SPACE to spread out and make stuff. It was my favorite place at school, and I do miss it so...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyonadyke View Post
    So, Bikemaya is to be trusted with fine ass, and lettuce, but not Torx screws.... Would you let her torque your nuts?
    Not only should you, I would highly recommend it! Unless I hate you, then I only recommend it if you are a freak for pain.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    When biking, I certainly would say it looks quite... perky. Fine is a taste thing, but I have been accused of having such I am a connoisseur of fine ass.
    pic of it (in riding attire or not) or GTFO!

mtbr member
    pic of it (in riding attire or not) or GTFO!
    I'm still catching back up from a long, rough summer with no riding It is all flubby. ;_;

Also, I got rid of all *those* pictures a while ago... *ahem* I am a modern girl, I know better than to keep that stuff around!

My riding gear is also the most ridiculous getup, nothing fine about it... leggings, padded shorts OVER them superman style, jersey, hiking socks, skate shoes. I use leggings because I would rather rip them than my legs, the compression is awesome, obviously I can't have loose bits flying about, and they hold my knee pads up. Come to think of it, I do need to find a new pair, they are getting pretty ripped... The shorts go over cause they are too big, and I only have one pair and don't wanna sweat them all up. Jersey to keep me cool, socks pulled up to protect my ankles from the brush and stickers that jump up at them. I have had trouble finding shoes I like that are comfy. I am a newbie, so I hike a lot and need a hybrid shoe. I can't afford the good stuff. Will try some of the boot style/hi-top five tens at some point, but I always have SO much trouble fitting shoes. The skate shoes are actually 'skate style' work shoes from Dickies I got off a clearance rack for like 10 bucks. Steel toe and shank, flat bottom with a thick skate-style sole, grippy, roomy, and comfy. I could do a helluva lot worse!

Gor'n Ridin'!
    I'm still catching back up from a long, rough summer with no riding It is all flubby. ;_;

Also, I got rid of all *those* pictures a while ago... *ahem* I am a modern girl, I know better than to keep that stuff around!

My riding gear is also the most ridiculous getup, nothing fine about it... leggings, padded shorts OVER them superman style, jersey, hiking socks, skate shoes. I use leggings because I would rather rip them than my legs, the compression is awesome, obviously I can't have loose bits flying about, and they hold my knee pads up. Come to think of it, I do need to find a new pair, they are getting pretty ripped... The shorts go over cause they are too big, and I only have one pair and don't wanna sweat them all up. Jersey to keep me cool, socks pulled up to protect my ankles from the brush and stickers that jump up at them. I have had trouble finding shoes I like that are comfy. I am a newbie, so I hike a lot and need a hybrid shoe. I can't afford the good stuff. Will try some of the boot style/hi-top five tens at some point, but I always have SO much trouble fitting shoes. The skate shoes are actually 'skate style' work shoes from Dickies I got off a clearance rack for like 10 bucks. Steel toe and shank, flat bottom with a thick skate-style sole, grippy, roomy, and comfy. I could do a helluva lot worse!
    I like a girl who knows what works for her. Good going! I too where baggies over leggings AND jersey over upper body under garment (when it's cool out).

I still think a quick little picture is in order of you wearing full bike attire garb. Sounds like you'd be all covered up considering what you've mentioned here so what's the big deal? Doesn't have to be a "fine ass" pic, either. The plus thing here is that if/when you do post a pic, Tone's is sure to come out from lurking. You have that sort of power here girl, use it!

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Sorry Bikmaya for overlooking this thread up until now. I promise from here on out to keep tabs on it. I'd hate to see a good rant go to waste. Rock on girl!
    BTW I'm with ya on the Torx special screw's and I don 't think I could have explained my frustration in any finer detail as you did.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Ok, new rant, this one is more practical;

Open enrollment time for insurance. For the last two years, it has been a no-brainer. Kaiser Southern California Plan is a DHMO. You have to do everything in the network, but the deductible is only $250 and you DO NOT need to meet that before payment kicks in, $2000 out-of-pocket maximum with no lifetime limit, doctor visits are all average price of $20-$35, some are free. 90% coinsurance!! for EVERYTHING. Hospital visits and ambulance also fall under that. Like, $1700 a year cost to me. Sweet plan for your average, low income young adult. I don't care what doctor I see, I don't have special problems I need my own *special* doctor for, and if I land in the hospital or I get a serious illness, it won't ruin me. In fact, I have Aflac that would pay enough to cover the modest $2000 out of pocket, in addition to 2 kinds of accident insurances I paid next to nothing for that would insure my income would still be there. I like to plan.

But everything has changed this year. Through my employer, I would have to get the *premium* coverage from Kaiser for over $1000 more, and STILL not get as good of coverage. Through the state website, I qualify to have taxpayers pay more than half of my annual costs, bringing me almost equal coverage for less. I still can't get it *that* good, however. AND! Kaiser is the MOST EXPENSIVE option through the state website, where it is by far the cheapest through my employer. The coverage through the state website appears to even be *slightly* better than the same plan from my employer, oddly enough.

I am confused, and frustrated. I just want my same insurance, every year. If they want a few extra bucks for inflation, that's fine. I have been pouring over this stuff for three hours now, and have still not gotten anywhere. This used to take me 30 minutes. Options were much more limited, but they were REALLY GOOD options, and pretty easy to choose from.

Frankly, I am not sure whether I am happy about the changes or mad. Overall, I will pay less, but I have less coverage. And I have to switch doctors and insurance companies. And I have to fuss around with the state registration since I need to decline through my employer, but still want their sweet vision, dental, life and accident insurances. Extra complexity for no reason, it seems. Why don't the insurance companies offer the same plans and discounts through my employer's open enrollment as the state requires them to? I feel like they are trying to rip people off to make up for the money they are losing by having to offer their plans on the open market.

Stupid insurance... I am already mad enough about having to pay a chunk of every paycheck as insurance against pure financial ruin. I could spend all that money on another bike, or maybe some video games... BEING AN ADULT SUCKS!

*pouts*

banned
    Sep 2007
    Ok, new rant, this one is more practical;

Open enrollment time for insurance. For the last two years, it has been a no-brainer. Kaiser Southern California Plan is a DHMO. You have to do everything in the network, but the deductible is only $250 and you DO NOT need to meet that before payment kicks in, $2000 out-of-pocket maximum with no lifetime limit, doctor visits are all average price of $20-$35, some are free. 90% coinsurance!! for EVERYTHING. Hospital visits and ambulance also fall under that. Like, $1700 a year cost to me. Sweet plan for your average, low income young adult. I don't care what doctor I see, I don't have special problems I need my own *special* doctor for, and if I land in the hospital or I get a serious illness, it won't ruin me. In fact, I have Aflac that would pay enough to cover the modest $2000 out of pocket, in addition to 2 kinds of accident insurances I paid next to nothing for that would insure my income would still be there. I like to plan.

But everything has changed this year. Through my employer, I would have to get the *premium* coverage from Kaiser for over $1000 more, and STILL not get as good of coverage. Through the state website, I qualify to have taxpayers pay more than half of my annual costs, bringing me almost equal coverage for less. I still can't get it *that* good, however. AND! Kaiser is the MOST EXPENSIVE option through the state website, where it is by far the cheapest through my employer. The coverage through the state website appears to even be *slightly* better than the same plan from my employer, oddly enough.

I am confused, and frustrated. I just want my same insurance, every year. If they want a few extra bucks for inflation, that's fine. I have been pouring over this stuff for three hours now, and have still not gotten anywhere. This used to take me 30 minutes. Options were much more limited, but they were REALLY GOOD options, and pretty easy to choose from.

Frankly, I am not sure whether I am happy about the changes or mad. Overall, I will pay less, but I have less coverage. And I have to switch doctors and insurance companies. And I have to fuss around with the state registration since I need to decline through my employer, but still want their sweet vision, dental, life and accident insurances. Extra complexity for no reason, it seems. Why don't the insurance companies offer the same plans and discounts through my employer's open enrollment as the state requires them to? I feel like they are trying to rip people off to make up for the money they are losing by having to offer their plans on the open market.

Stupid insurance... I am already mad enough about having to pay a chunk of every paycheck as insurance against pure financial ruin. I could spend all that money on another bike, or maybe some video games... BEING AN ADULT SUCKS!

*pouts*
    Careful, this is dropping napalm and politics into the same thread at once.

mtbr member
    People seemed to get quite a bit more worked up about the Torx screw bashing.

(and I intentionally didn't make a new thread about this, btw.)

banned
    Jun 2007
    Am one of the 5% that has independent health insurance that disappears @ midnight on 12/31, so can feel your frustration.
    The ACA's implementation plan is piss poor project management, which I can only hope is not telling of what lay ahead.
    Sick of the fear-mongering, am unable to yet replace my existing plan, and fully expect pain. Arrrrrggh!!!

Nowhere else in the WORLD is 68% of bankruptcy medically-related, and of those 72% actually had health insurance.
    Thanks to our politicians, hospitals, pharmaceutical co's, insurance industry, and physician's groups to whom this does not apply, or who get free Cadillac coverage... The U.S. citizens have long been abused by our existing healthcare system, and it must change. (end rant)

mtbr member
    More fussing with the insurance, calling around, etc. Insurance company says "Sorry, your company doesn't offer it anymore, check our website!". That plan is not on their website. :| HR says "We feel your pain, we are sorry about the crappy plans, that is the way it is." Dad, who is an employer, says "Write to your congressperson and call them out for lying about the changes!" I have four days for open enrollment, I don't have time to mess around.

So, the choices are... I can pay less than half of what I am currently paying to get it through the state. I have had a lot less hours this year, so I could use the break. But, the coverage is not *quite* as good, though I do qualify for a pretty decent plan by any other standards (just not STELLAR like my old one. ) Also, if there are problems getting the insurance to pay up, I am on my own fighting them. No corporate office to help me. I would also change insurance companies to one that really isn't rated as well as my current one. Kaiser seems to be amongst the best HMOs, and the rest are average to poor.

I can also pay $1000 MORE than I am currently paying for the best plan through my employer. Some things are better (lots of stuff is paid 100%, only $1500 out of pocket max), but other stuff isn't (some hefty upfront copays for common disaster stuff, like ER and impatient visits) The advantage is I would also have my company on my side to help me fight the insurance if they don't want to pony up. I am also better covered for total disaster, though I would pay more for minor stuff that just gets me in the ER/ hospital for a short time. I also wouldn't have to switch insurance companies. I have been happy with Kaiser!

What to do...

(and no, getting all political about it won't help anything, this is my selfish rant!)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Am one of the 5% that has independent health insurance that disappears @ midnight on 12/31, so can feel your frustration.
    The ACA's implementation plan is piss poor project management, which I can only hope is not telling of what lay ahead.
    Sick of the fear-mongering, am unable to yet replace my existing plan, and fully expect pain. Arrrrrggh!!!

Nowhere else in the WORLD is 68% of bankruptcy medically-related, and of those 72% actually had health insurance.
    Thanks to our politicians, hospitals, pharmaceutical co's, insurance industry, and physician's groups to whom this does not apply, or who get free Cadillac coverage... The U.S. citizens have long been abused by our existing healthcare system, and it must change. (end rant)
    Ya, I don't want to get into politics too much, but I go back and forth about it. The system was broken for those not fortunate enough to work for a large company, like me. Most friends and people I know would have been/ were bankrupted at some point by medical expenses, even with insurance. But, changes to the system shouldn't mean I lose my perks for working with a big company! WTF?! Why bother, I put up with ****ty pay because my ass is covered. Not anymore...

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Sounds like your employer is weaseling out of stepping up to the plate for you, really.
    They could always pay the difference.

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    I don't think Kaiser even offers that plan anymore, as it isn't even on their website...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast