REALLY?

Dang....never saw a fatty like this....

I never saw a full suspention with "Fat Bike" tires on it, this is totally my style....I almost wanna buy it, I could destroy everything I touch with this bike....would be fun times.

Dang....never saw a fatty like this....-74266_451227401625967_1552197042_n.jpg

DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

sympathy for society
    That's crazy!! takes monter trucking to a whole new level.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

I didn't do it
    I really thought I was going to see a gigantic doobie on an unprecedented scale

REALLY?
    No kidding, would love to see more full suspention bikes with this configuration, most fat tire bikes I dont like, the market is still to small, either the bikes suck, are to expensive...or like in the case of Surley...nice frames, but I hate Surley parts, I've broken way to many Surley parts just riding around, not even doing anything extreme...and while they make one of the best fat tire bikes I stear clear of that companey untill they start making better parts. Again, I steel clear of fat tire becaise the marget it to small, because then you get into other issues, like specialized parts, bigger tires, wider hubs, wider BB....etc. I need more standardized sized parts for most of my riding,

Mongoose however has a new Fat Tire bike that looks ok...again, I would need to dump a bunch of money into it just to get ride of the coaster brake....also, I hear the mongoose has cruiser geometry....I want something more agressive geometry wise. Just have t9o wait and see if the fat tire thing catches on like the 29er thing did.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

REALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    I really thought I was going to see a gigantic doobie on an unprecedented scale

I'm sure I can arrange that

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post
    I'm sure I can arrange that
    Nice

Front Range, Colorado
    The reason you don't see full squishy's in fat bikes is because it's overkill. The fat tires already suck up all your pedal inertia, and adding suspension just adds to the problem. Not a great idea IMO. If I were to get a fat bike I'd go full ridged and as light as possible. My 2¢

Jeffgothro, how's that bow and arrow hobby
    coming along? Because we all know the world
    needs more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    I never saw a full suspension with "Fat Bike" tires on it, this is totally my style....I almost wanna buy it, I could destroy everything I touch with this bike....would be fun times.
    it was built last yr sometime with more full suss fatties on the rise. it's great to see them evolve for the masses.

mighty sailin' man
    tscheesy ran them long ago

check the date on this one

The Turner That Ate Tokyo...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    No kidding, would love to see more full suspention bikes with this configuration, most fat tire bikes I dont like, the market is still to small, either the bikes suck, are to expensive...or like in the case of Surley...nice frames, but I hate Surley parts, I've broken way to many Surley parts just riding around, not even doing anything extreme...and while they make one of the best fat tire bikes I stear clear of that companey untill they start making better parts. Again, I steel clear of fat tire becaise the marget it to small, because then you get into other issues, like specialized parts, bigger tires, wider hubs, wider BB....etc. I need more standardized sized parts for most of my riding,

Mongoose however has a new Fat Tire bike that looks ok...again, I would need to dump a bunch of money into it just to get ride of the coaster brake....also, I hear the mongoose has cruiser geometry....I want something more agressive geometry wise. Just have t9o wait and see if the fat tire thing catches on like the 29er thing did.
    I repped ya and forgot to sign it... well said
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    No kidding, would love to see more full suspension bikes with this configuration, most fat tire bikes I dont like, the market is still to small, either the bikes suck, are to expensive...or like in the case of Surly...nice frames, but I hate Surley parts, I've broken way to many Surley parts just riding around, not even doing anything extreme...and while they make one of the best fat tire bikes I stear clear of that company until they start making better parts. Again, I steer clear of fat tire because the market is too small, because then you get into other issues, like specialized parts, bigger tires, wider hubs, wider BB....etc. I need more standardized sized parts for most of my riding,
    well thats you.

if you took some time to research them you'll learn quick the fat bike market is growing and will become mainstream sooner rather than later. As it stands standardized parts is difficult due to popularity and market growth so if your waiting for standard you'll most likely miss the train.

re member
    Is that a Maverick fork?
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

There's actually a thread about cracked Surly frames. If that was Toyota there'd be a catastrophic recall program. Could it be because too many fat people riding fatbikes thinking they were specifically made for fat people? And Cannondale gets the unfair monicker of Crackendale.

mighty sailin' man
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Is that a Maverick fork?
    mavs and leftys are the popular ones for those that have to have squish

Edit: just one of the full sus fattys in action

Fat Bike Air and Action Shots on Tech Terrain
    Last edited by MiniTrail; 04-25-2013 at 03:29 AM. Reason: added link
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam168 View Post
    And Cannondale gets the unfair monicker of Crackendale.
    for a while there they earned the moniker of "crack-n-fail"...
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

Sleek Jamis Exile Rider
    Well there is this fatty:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dang....never saw a fatty like this....-311195-giant-joint.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    for a while there they earned the moniker of "crack-n-fail"...
    yes, it was well-earned many years ago. they've been doing much better recently, but well-earned nicknames don't die out very easily.

Come up with a catchy nickname for cracked Surly frames and it might stick just as well.

So umm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dang....never saw a fatty like this....-sturdy-bike.jpg  

PRETENDURO
    Adding to DIRTJUNKIE’s comments, I’ve been riding fatbikes on technical terrain (loose steep off-camber rocky gravelly ascents descents boulders mud crap etc., but no snow yet) I will agree that full suspension is overkill on them. Why, just the other day (Sunday) I raced my fatbike (9:zero:7 “fatfukk”) in the Cat2 XC race at the Sea Otter Classic. Although I was late to the start, the bike handled just perfectly. I was able to gain position on the loose off-camber gravelly high-speed corners and also go up the steep stuff with perfect traction (also gaining positions in the process). Funny, when I got to the starting line, the 50+ group was getting lining up. Well, my group, the 43-44 group, had taken off several minutes prior. I still ended up 15th out of 44 entries. Even posed mid-flight for a fatbike wheelie somewhere along the course.
    Name:  00753-05-0677.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  47.2 KB
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Dang....never saw a fatty like this....

Nice race result!

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    Nice race result!
    Thanks! I pedaled my ass off!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.