Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Azzes

thread crapper
    Feb 2008

Crazy Azzes

Since the other thread died with the neighbors, I thought we could all pitch in crazy people we have to deal with.

My current one is my landlord. We're renting a house in Colorado and she's freaking out because the yard isn't as green as it was last year. Never mind the fact that we're under pretty extensive water restrictions (twice a week, no more than 3 hours on your days), haven't had any real rain to speak of since mid April, and her sprinkler system not working right. She brought out her own landscaper that told her repeatedly she has two many heads running at one time (9 heads in one zone) and the water pressure the city provides will be inadequate to power them all properly. This has caused some dead spots that I water by hand, but that's not good enough for her. According to her I need to be watering on other days too, which will get me a minimum $350 fine. When I mention that to her, she says she's going to evict me if I don't. Now lawyers are getting involved because I'm tired of her threats to evict my family. It's been interesting so far.

Any other crazy landlords or neighbors, or even family members?

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    I had neighbors who didn't feed there huskies very well.....they broke through the fence (injuring themselves in the process) and ate my 2 maine coon cats.

The dogs were put down that same day by animal control....and needless to say they avoided me like the plaque.

I moved.....it's MUCH better now getting away from a family of animal cruelty idiots (they're hoarders too).
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

re member
    Guy across the street, every year, without fail, he wears white after Labor Day.

Psycho.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Good news Scottap2003, Denver Water just lifted the 2 day water restrictions. You can now go back to 3 times a week. Welcome to Denver Water

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Not in Denver though. They're actually talking here about going to 1-day a week. Denver has had significantly more precip than us. I'm in between fires.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    wrong thread!!

Front Range, Colorado
    I have a neighbor that leaves his outside christmas lights up well in to January. "Crazy Bastard"
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

official eMpTyBRain
    I manage a property. I wonder what the tenants are saying about me???
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I have a neighbor that leaves his outside christmas lights up well in to January. "Crazy Bastard"
    My roommates and I left our Christmas tree up and decorated until mid-March. You saying there's something wrong with the holiday spirit?
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I manage a property. I wonder what the tenants are saying about me???
    Depends, are you emailing and calling them several times a week to berate them about their friggin grass during a drought? One of her other tenants reached out to me last night actually. He's a sheriff's deputy and she's doing the same to him. He cannot file a complaint himself, but I can. I'm going to meet him for lunch today to see what can be done.

Front Range, Colorado
    Tenant-tively speaking. ^^^
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

~Disc~Golf~
    his name is Tiv Lee?
    Honestly... ahh I give up

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Thought I might update this.

My landlord was at my door last Thursday evening waiting for me when I got home, or so I thought. She had been trying to get in, but her key wouldn't work. She insisted that I must have changed the locks, which seems like a good idea now. I pulled into my garage and shut the door behind me and my wife and I got out, unloaded our kid and put him in the house and then I went to answer her beating on my door. When I opened it, she demanded entrance to check the timer on our sprinkler system to verify when it was watering. I denied her entrance because I told her if she wanted that, she could get a court order, but how I spent my money on my utilities was my business, not hers, which is what both the utility company and our lawyer had instructed me to do.

She again demanded entrance and I again denied it. She said she would force her way past me if necessary. I told her that was fine, but if she entered the property, she would be viewed and treated as a threat to myself, my family and my property and would be dealt with as such until the police could arrive. I'm a "clyde" at most races I enter, she's 60+ years old and maybe 120 lbs.

She asked if I was threatening her, and I said no, I was making my intentions clear, just as I had told her that I was through with her passive-aggressive BS, if she entered the property, I intended to defend it, and it would not be pleasant for either of us. She again demanded entrance and screamed at me that I was worthless and she would have me evicted. I reached for the door and began to shut it and asked her as nicely as possible to leave or I would call the police and have her removed forcibly. She started the eviction threat again and I handed her a card for my lawyer and said "contact him". She got a bit more angry, which I didn't think was possible, and again demanded entrance. I just shut the door. She pulled out her phone and called someone, but I don't know who, and told them what I was doing. I don't know if they told her to leave or what, but she did. I'm just waiting for an eviction notice now.

High Desert MTBer
    I was watching this dove yesterday that was sitting on my neighbor's fence. Suddenly, the little bastid took off, flew over to my yard, landed on our birdbath and pooped a huge doveturd INTO the water!!! Then he took off and flew back to the neighbor's yard... He didn't even wipe...

I went round to complain, and the neighbor told me to piss off. Nice!
    It's all Here. Now.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I went round to complain, and the neighbor told me to piss off. Nice!
    Did your neighbor actually use the phrase "piss off" or is that just you using your lingo from across the pond?

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Did your neighbor actually use the phrase "piss off" or is that just you using your lingo from across the pond?
    I like to tell people to eat a bowl of d!cks.

High Desert MTBer
    Heheh! words to that effect...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    xxx
    You will be scarred for life if you click my avatar

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shytie View Post
    Thought I might update this.

My landlord was at my door last Thursday evening waiting for me when I got home, or so I thought. She had been trying to get in, but her key wouldn't work. She insisted that I must have changed the locks, which seems like a good idea now. I pulled into my garage and shut the door behind me and my wife and I got out, unloaded our kid and put him in the house and then I went to answer her beating on my door. When I opened it, she demanded entrance to check the timer on our sprinkler system to verify when it was watering. I denied her entrance because I told her if she wanted that, she could get a court order, but how I spent my money on my utilities was my business, not hers, which is what both the utility company and our lawyer had instructed me to do.

She again demanded entrance and I again denied it. She said she would force her way past me if necessary. I told her that was fine, but if she entered the property, she would be viewed and treated as a threat to myself, my family and my property and would be dealt with as such until the police could arrive. I'm a "clyde" at most races I enter, she's 60+ years old and maybe 120 lbs.

She asked if I was threatening her, and I said no, I was making my intentions clear, just as I had told her that I was through with her passive-aggressive BS, if she entered the property, I intended to defend it, and it would not be pleasant for either of us. She again demanded entrance and screamed at me that I was worthless and she would have me evicted. I reached for the door and began to shut it and asked her as nicely as possible to leave or I would call the police and have her removed forcibly. She started the eviction threat again and I handed her a card for my lawyer and said "contact him". She got a bit more angry, which I didn't think was possible, and again demanded entrance. I just shut the door. She pulled out her phone and called someone, but I don't know who, and told them what I was doing. I don't know if they told her to leave or what, but she did. I'm just waiting for an eviction notice now.
    Doesn't she have to have a valid reason to evict ?
    You will be scarred for life if you click my avatar

Front Range, Colorado
    I have a neighbor who is extremely inconsiderate. He has a canoe on the side of his house which is just twenty feet from the side of my house. And he has a bad habit of working on it,at all hours of the night. It's a canoe so it doesn't have,a motor. But he has a large imagination and pretends it has a,motor.He makes zoom,zoom motor noises all
    night long. Anybody else have such a rude
    neighbor.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I have a neighbor who is extremely inconsiderate. He has a canoe on the side of his house which is just twenty feet from the side of my house. And he has a bad habit of working on it,at all hours of the night. It's a canoe so it doesn't have,a motor. But he has a large imagination and pretends it has a,motor.He makes zoom,zoom motor noises all
    night long. Anybody else have such a rude
    neighbor.
    Are you serious?! That guy has a screw loose or something. LOL!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dickeydoo View Post
    Doesn't she have to have a valid reason to evict ?
    She has to have a 'Valid' reason to enter the home ! . Usually, written 24 hour notice, or an emergency... like fire , flood...

Shytie,

Do you have a Video camera you're using to record your interactions with her??
    An Eviction now, would be considered retaliation and usually not legal either.
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    She has to have a 'Valid' reason to enter the home ! . Usually, written 24 hour notice, or an emergency... like fire , flood...

Shytie,

Do you have a Video camera you're using to record your interactions with her??
    An Eviction now, would be considered retaliation and usually not legal either.
    It usually depends on the state. Where I'm renting my house, in Nevada, the owner of the property can enter at any time. As a courtesy, my landlord has in the lease that he can enter between 8 AM and 8 PM. Alternately, if the landlord enters and nobody is home, he has to leave written notice in a conspicuous place that he did so. It would be best for the OP to check his lease and state/local laws regarding rental properties.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Front Range, Colorado
    Are you serious?! That guy has a screw loose or something. LOL!
    "A screw loose" yes I imagine that is what he is trying to tighten inside the motor.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Oh that reminds me of something from years ago. A friend had a neighbor that would mow his entire lawn every night from about 10 PM to midnight or so; early spring through late fall, rain or "shine". His riding mower even had headlights to facilitate this and he would hold an umbrella when it was raining. Yes he actually seemed to think he was mowing something, you could hear him engage the blades.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast