Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ~Disc~Golf~

CPS - They steal Children

SACRAMENTO, CA -- Yet another family has been broken up because parents questioned a medical treatment of their baby. Anna and Alex Nikolayev had their baby snatched by police after doctors called CPS on them for getting a 2nd opinion on a medical treatment for their 5-month-old baby, Sammy.

The parents began seeing that their baby was in questionable care at Sutter Memorial Hospital, when staff was giving her baby antibiotics without a reason and pressuring the family to have an immediate operation for a heart murmur.

The family didn't feel safe at Sutter and argued with doctors about getting a second medical opinion. They had no choice but to leave the hospital and went to another hospital, where doctors agreed that the baby was medically able to go home.

Meanwhile the doctors at Sutter Memorial called Child Protective Services (CPS) and called the parents negligent. That's all it takes to get your child kidnapped. No judge, no trial, no defense. It happens every day to families.

Police arrived at the Nikolayev home to seize the child. Officers accosted the father outside the home and pushed him against a wall, then threw him to the ground and stole his keys from his pocket. The mother, inside the home, set up a video camera. Moments later, police barged in the door and told Anna that they were taking her baby boy away from her. She suffered through the agonizing moment of having armed men snatch her infant from her arms. Now, like so many other victims of CPS, the parents will have to spend a fortune fighting the system for a chance to have a normal family again.

The parents say that they feel like they are back in the communist country they fled from.

Baby taken from parents who wanted 2nd doctor's opinion | ksdk.com

CPS Takes Child After Mom Gets 2nd Opinion - YouTube

Sacramento CPS Kidnaps Child - YouTube

CPS Takes Baby After Mom Asks For 2nd Opinion From Doctor Part 2 - YouTube
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Big Mac

Wow. That's all kinds of wrong.

Rogue Exterminator
    Seems pretty crazy.
    I would understand if they just took the baby home, but they went to a different hospital for a second opinion. To me that seems like responsible parenting. A lot more responsible than blindly taking the first opinion in something this serious especially when your gut tells you otherwise.

I hope they sue the crap out of the state and the first hospital for these malicious actions.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    What the hell is happening to our country. If the government can get away with that we are no longer a free country. Sad, very sad.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Flucod View Post
    What the hell is happening to our country. If the government can get away with that we are no longer a free country. Sad, very sad.
    We have not lived in a free country for a very long time. We are all just slaves to the government, unfortunately, most people will never realize that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thats Kalifornia for ya. Of course our DCFS is no better.

human dehumidifier
    Seems like the first set of doctors were upset they weren't going to get paid to do the surgery.

What a fked up world.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    Seems like the first set of doctors were upset they weren't going to get paid to do the surgery.

What a fked up world.
    Well, Sutter hospital is in the process of a huge billion dollar remodel. They have to pay for that somehow.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Well, on a good note - this family will never have any financial difficulty for the rest of their lives, and possibly their children's, granchildrens, etc.. lives.

I would sue the holy !@#$% !@#$%^& $#@! out of the hospital, CPS, and police force, then sue the individual people in civil courts too.

Trail Prospector
    While shocking, it comes as no surprise that a hospital would wreck someone's life over a loss of profit.
    IMO - the state's CPS must react to such calls, so I point the finger to Sutter (the accuser).
    Having a few bad hospital encounters has tainted my view, and I know of nothing that will stop them, or a physician's group
    from pursuing what they now feel entitled, and to thrive in a non-competitive private sector created by lobbyists.
    Been to a hospital lately? Insurance, or not - it's all about the ability to pay, not what's best for the patient.

Best of luck to this family to re-unite, and to again be made whole.
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

official eMpTyBRain
    I have a strong feeling that whoever wrote that report is biased against CPS. There's got be more to it. It's not that simple. We need to know the WHOLE story because this sounds very one sided to me.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I have a strong feeling that whoever wrote that report is biased against CPS. There's got be more to it. It's not that simple. We need to know the WHOLE story because this sounds very one sided to me.
    For sure Hawg, theres millions of stupid parents around the world that think the know better than doctors that are basically only out there to save lives.
    To suggest that a hosp is trying to give a heart operation to a child so they could collect more money is a total outrage and a total insult to good surgeons all over the world.
    Id say the authorities had to step in in order to do what they thought was best for a young life, kudos to them for doing it, i didnt even read the story, but to suggest a hosp is trying to give serious operations to a childs heart for the bottom line is offensive imo.
    I'll leave this blog to the bleeding hearts and conspiracy theory lovers.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    CPS should have gone to the family for an interview - not an extradition.

mtbr member

I live in Sacramento where this went down. The coverage has been very consistent.

Try this out for an Orwellian nightmare -

When asked for comment, the hospital said this was a CPS/law enforcement issue, go talk to them.
    CPS says they were called by the hospital, go ask them for a comment.
    The Sacramento PD says this is a CPS issue, go talk with them.
    The only people talking about what happened are the parents!!!!

The local CPS department has a long history of either overreacting to minor things and ripping families apart,
    or
    Not reacting at all and watching blatantly abusive parents kill their children.
    Sadly, this case is nothing new.

I didn't do it
    Something's missing from this story. You always get second opinions for major surgery so on the surface the family did nothing wrong. I want to hear the other side of this story because it's just not adding up. It sounds like the family was wronged but I don't think we have the complete picture yet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    Something's missing from this story. You always get second opinions for major surgery so on the surface the family did nothing wrong. I want to hear the other side of this story because it's just not adding up. It sounds like the family was wronged but I don't think we have the complete picture yet.
    Yeah, what a weird situation. Let's stay tuned.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    For sure Hawg, theres millions of stupid parents around the world that think the know better than doctors that are basically only out there to save lives.
    To suggest that a hosp is trying to give a heart operation to a child so they could collect more money is a total outrage and a total insult to good surgeons all over the world.
    Id say the authorities had to step in in order to do what they thought was best for a young life, kudos to them for doing it, i didnt even read the story, but to suggest a hosp is trying to give serious operations to a childs heart for the bottom line is offensive imo.
    I'll leave this blog to the bleeding hearts and conspiracy theory lovers.
    A lot of babies have heart murmurs. I had one as a baby. Some are bad enough to require surgery. Some aren't. I did not have surgery. I have no problems with parents seeking a second medical opinion on that. If they had gone to a holistic herbalist for a second opinion, then I'd be calling the parents idiots, too.

But Tone's, you do not live in the US and have little concept of how our medical system truly works. As a patient, you have to advocate for yourself and if you cannot, you need caregivers who will advocate for your best care. Doctors, nurses, and hospitals screw up ALL THE TIME. Even worse, they INTENTIONALLY attempt to overcharge when they think they can get more money out of you.

I racked up over $1,000,000 of legit medical bills in 2009. Roughly 80% of them were overcharges. Things like double-billing for a given service, bills for procedures or medications I never had, crap like that. There were a few cases where the hospital refused to care for the central veinous catheter (a direct line to my heart) the way it was supposed to be cared for. This happened at two different hospitals. I had to do it my own damn self, when I was in the hospital and their damn job was to take care of me. One time they screwed up and gave me sepsis that nearly killed me.

So now you tell me again how hospitals don't mess up and how they don't intentionally try to get more money out of patients while they can.

I also don't blame CPS. They had to respond. I also understand that they cannot just go to the family for an interview and trust what they say. If the kids are in danger, the parents aren't just going to be honest about it. If they receive a call about a serious threat, they have to intervene now and ask questions later.

I hope that this case points out that they shouldn't have blind trust in doctors, though. I would hope that when they got the kid, they got an opinion from a different doctor, rather than sending the kid off for a surgery it may not have needed.

AZ
    banned
    Never mind the children that Child Services has rescued from deplorable conditions and wholly unfit parents.

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    thats what i was thinking too. by no means am i an expert on the cps but that move seems pretty rash for only wanting a second opinion.

see me rollin, they hatin
    if this was truely about second opinions, then yes, it's a bit "much". if there is more, then we need to know.

but i do have a similar story. there is a totally incompetent hospital in the area i grew up in. it has a terrible reputation, but often it's the closest, so people go there for emergency care.

my brother, when he was a baby, broke his leg. two days later, he had a type of fall that many babies do, and broke the other. it seemed really fishy how he broke two legs from minor baby-type falls. this hospital immediately threatened my parents with calling CPS. Last minute though, they got a second opinion from another hospital. The doctor took one look at my brother and saw that the whites of his eyes had an odd bluish tint and knew that this was a symptom of a bone disease. Sure enough, after testing, they found out he has a genetic disease that makes his bones brittle, and therefore easily breakable. he has to be careful all his life. These things DO happen.
    fap

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'm not a lawyer, however:

Sutter Memorial: Submitting a false report, willfull child endagerment (the surgery), conspiracy charges, etc..

CPS: Child endangerment - Sending the infant to the hospital that reported the activity should not have happened. They should have sent the child to another hospital (non-bias) that was not involved with the child.

The police: What's a constitution? Did they have a warrant? Un-necessary use of force? I can list a whole lot of things that I would bring out in court (as I would represent myself).

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB View Post

my brother, when he was a baby, broke his leg. two days later, he had a type of fall that many babies do, and broke the other. it seemed really fishy how he broke two legs from minor baby-type falls. this hospital immediately threatened my parents with calling CPS. Last minute though, they got a second opinion from another hospital. The doctor took one look at my brother and saw that the whites of his eyes had an odd bluish tint and knew that this was a symptom of a bone disease. Sure enough, after testing, they found out he has a genetic disease that makes his bones brittle, and therefore easily breakable. he has to be careful all his life. These things DO happen.
    seems reasonable though, if a toddler breaks both his legs in a matter of days some suspicions would arise.

human dehumidifier
    ^ I'd be concerned if a doctor didn't ask about it
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

see me rollin, they hatin
    reasonable to be alarmed, but the better doctor knew something was up by looking at the kid. sometimes second opinions are good.
    fap

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Never mind the children that Child Services has rescued from deplorable conditions and wholly unfit parents.
    The problem in Kalifornia is that those are the kids that CPS leaves with their parents. There has been numerous cases in the last couple years of Kalifornia CPS allowing kids to stay in bad situations and the kids end up dead.
    The priorities are completely screwed up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast