Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    b a n n e d

Of course the dude blasting the news anchor for being fat HAD to be a mountain biker

Personal Injury Lawyer Who Called News Anchor Too Fat for TV: Whatever, She's Still Fat

Gotta love this comment: "Cyclists. Nitpicky, neurotic whiners, the lot of them. Look at that dumbshit chode-y tattoo on his arm. I hope it comes to life at night, crawls off his arm, rolls his precious cycle next to his bed, and ****s him in the ass with the handlebar."
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

I Ride Bikes
    I bet Specialized isn't too pleased with him either. Their beautiful bike is being plastered all over the internet with his crooked mug above it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Specialized needs to get Ned Overend to drag him round a mountain for a few hours to make him feel slow and lazy.

In my experience, lawyers don't like to back down even when they're being ******bags.

mtbr member
    I honestly think he looks like a total ******. I wouldn't even let him leer at me without giving him a nasty look. I hate the overly muscley look. He has the muscle tone that looks completely unnatural, like someone who does curls in front of a mirror at the gym in their free time. Someone that self absorbed is an instant turnoff to me.

Someone with a natural all around muscle build, like from being active, is much more attractive to me. The lean muscle, not the guns. Especially when the guy is more rugged, with that 'rolled out of bed and went to the beach/ mountain/ etc.' look. Those types look like total fun and adventurous, and I want to have dirty raw sexy time in them while doing something crazy and adventurous

/wanders off to my happy sexy time fantasy place

Titanium junkie
    What a tool, and I just got a Spec too. Thanks Azzhole for including that
    in your picture.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

Retired User
    What a total deutsche bag. Though I also find the news anchor's broadcasted response to a private e-mail to be somewhat childish and inappropriate. It's like an MTBR member publicly posting a PM. My $.02.

AZ
    banned
    Even if she is fat, she can go on a diet. He is a personal injury lawyer and that goes to the bone. I wonder if that dip stick is a member here?

humber river advocate
    it does give specialized a bad product rep when such social proofs for the product happen outside of the control of the parent company. on the other hand, most companies don't really care if their product becomes sanious with socially negative market segments. as long as the bottom line is being met, all is good.

i bet he drives a beemer
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Even if she is fat, she can go on a diet. He is a personal injury lawyer and that goes to the bone. I wonder if that dip stick is a member here?
    I was thinking the same thing this morning. Even if she is overweight, that's a pretty chodely thing to do. I like her response to judge her on the quality of coverage rather than weight but agree with WB about her broadcasting her response, maybe a bit more tact, like an open letter on their website and just not mentioning it on air. That comment section flame war would be fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    This guy looks like your typical blowhard, who probably drives some sort of mid-life crisis sports car and got that tribal tattoo to "represent" and "symbolize" something.

I hate it when these guys try to spark up a bro-conversation about tattoos with me. They're always pulling up their sleeve to "show me their ink", and go on some long diatribe about how this and that represents overcoming a struggle.

There are a million carbon copies of this sort of d00ch in San Jose. They actually plague the entire state of California.

What a bastard for baggin' on this news anchor for no vested interest aside from just being a goat f•cker.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    It's kind of the fat vs ugly thing. A fat person can always lose weight, but if you're ugly, not a whole lot one can do. That guy will always be a d-nozzle. Maybe karma will give him genital warts!

banned
    He is just poed because his boyfriend thinks she's hot.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Meh, I just thought she put a big spin on her whole story... it wasn't even newsworthy. While someones feelings got hurt, her husband is a bigger doushebagger for putting his wifes email on Facebook. Personal problems are personal, airing them out at your place of employment in unacceptable, in my books. This is all about being Politically Correct.

Afric Pepperbird
    Don't you all ride wearing wifebeaters??

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    hmmm, where is he from?
    Folsom/Granite Bay Area Team ID?

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Who cares ? What I want to know is why her brother's career has been in the crapper since his awesome performances in Band of Brothers.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Who cares ? What I want to know is why her brother's career has been in the crapper since his awesome performances in Band of Brothers.

Because his agent sucks? He doesn't know how to pick parts? He pissed off the wrong people?

mtbr member
    She should of just ignored the e-mail...that would of hurt this guy more than calling him out on air. She just played right into his ego, by acknowledging he hurt her feelings.

You never feed the trolls...

and that dude totally looks like a troll!

see me rollin, they hatin
    guys like that, who try to "help" a fat person are completely full of themselves. He thinks she's hurting young girls by being fat. Its even more hurtful to see Hollywood girls who god forbid, go from a size 0 to 4, the media calling them fat. Fat shaming hurts young girls more than anything. Even if it is unhealthy, its still her personal business.

he doesnt even look like real mountain biker. He looks like a prop that they stuck in front of a bike for Men's Health magazine.
    fap

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    . . . Fat shaming hurts young girls more than anything. . . .
    100% truth here. I wish more people came to realize this.

since 4/10/2009
    He looks like a prop that they stuck in front of a bike for Men's Health magazine.
    pretty much.

I get why the anchor went off about the letter she got. the letter was uncalled for. it's not about being PC. ******nozzle can think what he wants about fat people and say what he wants to his friends, who can kick his a$$ if they don't like what he has to say. but he made it personal for this lady and no matter what you think, that's just poor form.

and now, he has invoked the wrath of the internet. was he not paying attention to what happened recently when another ******nozzle lawyer invoked the wrath of the internet? I do think The Oatmeal handled his idiot lawyer incident with more tact than the news anchor, however. Public ridicule works better than public shaming.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    and now, he has invoked the wrath of the internet.
    Yup. Don't fxck with the internets.

mtbr member

Always in the wrong gear
    He was probably fat and picked on as a child, now he thinks he's the shiz cuz he works out way to much and has a scam for a job.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    He doesnt even look like real mountain biker. He looks like a prop that they stuck in front of a bike for Men's Health magazine.
    That's what it is!

I thought he was a cross between an ED medication commercial and a P90X before-and-after shot, with a little gay-face tossed in the mix.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Hey, if you are a public figurehead, you are fair game. Comes with the territory, if you don't like it, don't step in front of the camera and make your life and your appearance public, living in the limelight.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    ..living in the limelight.
    it burnses! it burnses!

Is not amused
    Of course the dude blasting the news anchor for being fat HAD to be a mountain biker-pizap.com13493934548331.jpg

banned
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pizap.com13493934548331.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	728343

Nice Myka Model there in PINK!

hah! took me a second to notice the "seat tube" nice!
    fap

Is not amused
    hah! took me a second to notice the "seat tube" nice!
    I wasn't sure what color to go with.

Do they make "seat tubes" in carbon?

Well, edit:

After a search on google they do make "carbon seat tubes".

i wouldnt doubt it. you dont want it to be heavy when you're goin to town, ya know?
    (there's like, a double metaphor joke goin on in there!)
    fap

And this whole time I thought it was a stick crammed up his ass.
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

i kinda thought it was a baguette at first.
    fap

Yeah, but he's a ******-bag; not pretentious or French.

banned
    Jun 2007
    Bwahahahahaha..
    Hutch - cap't d-bag - perfect, just perfect.

Tool
    Ease up on him, guys. I haven't been able to score any steroids since this started.
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

****** to the dirt
    I thought he looked like a troll on steroids.

No Stranger to danger....
    He looks like a Agrade muppet, but she needs to suck it up, who cares what some dude says to her in a private email, her husband if an idiot for posting it up on her facebook, she is an idiot for turning it into some big deal, and the muppet was an idiot for writing the email, that makes 3 idiots in the one story.
    I actually saw her plea n justification what ever you call it when she was on TV, it was pathetic to say the least, she didnt regain any power from that she clearly was giving it away to the guy that wrote the letter, funny stuff.....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Nice work Hutch. Sums it all up.... Ha!

"So I'm packing my bag for the misty mountain.."

Frt Range, CO
    She calls it "internet bullying" but all he did was write her a letter and send it via email. The internet bullying started when her hubby posted it on the 'net. I'd say there's plenty of d-baggery to go around.

What amazes me about this is another overweight person clinging to and demanding the right to be unhealthy. My doc's been ragging me for years to lose weight, people made jokes, I put it all on me for being overweight. Last December, me and wifey decided to get serious about weight loss. She's down 3 dress sizes, I'm 4 inches smaller in my waist, together we lost ~100lbs and we're both within 10% of correct BMI. All it takes is willpower to change one's diet....

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuiter View Post
    All it takes is willpower to change one's diet....
    Maybe so, but it's one thing for your doctor to nag you about losing weight and quite another for some internet tough guy to shame you about it personally.

Furthermore, there ARE some circumstances outside one's control that cause weight gain. I gained 30lbs taking steroids long-term as part of my treatment for cancer. My mother gained and retained a lot more than that for decades because she didn't know that she had celiac. There are others, as well. Internet tough guy had no idea before he wrote that letter.

There are a lot of things wrong with this situation, least of which is the reporter and her husband's response to this. Thin-skinned, maybe. Justified? Probably.

The attitude of Mr. Meathead Lawyer is common, though. The "I think I know what's better for you than you do" mentality.

I see this crap all the time in a lot of different situations. I can't tell you how much $hit I get from the homeopathic zealots who tell me that I got cancer because of something I was eating, or some pill or tablet or herb I wasn't taking. No. I have a pretty good grasp scientifically what caused it and there's nothing I could do at this point to prevent it. The damage was done before I ever hit 10 years old.

One look at what's been going on politically in this country will turn up a number of examples of this. Specifically with attempts by male politicians to regulate what women do reproductively.

I think it's the same mentality that brings people to blame women (and men) for being raped. "She asked for it" or "How could a man let himself be raped" or many variations thereof.

Every last bit of it is deeply insulting. It tears people down instead of building them up. The people who say those things absolutely need to be called out for saying them, publicly, because it needs to stop.

i just wasnt a fan of what he said about "being an example for young girls".
    trust me, the biggest fear for any girl is getting fat. this woman will NOT make girls feel ok about being fat. Some women end up over weight for various reasons, but they still typically feel bad about it. More and more ten year old girls are going on diets because of fat shaming. whether this woman's response to make this public was right or wrong, eh, i dont care. But what he said was all wrong. He gave the worst reason or excuse ever.
    fap

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    read the letter, it isnt THAT harsh. i "think" he actually may have meant well by it. Instead she turned into into a sexist thing. i google her picture and she is definitely overweight. Now sure, it is easier for some people than others but she clearly isnt trying except when she orders a diet coke.

People hate the truth sometimes.

edit: i would also add that i do not support or endorse the "ideal" barbie woman size. We are all different in our structure. some of us will weigh more than others no matter how much/what we eat, excerise etc. As long as someone is excerising regularly and eating healthy, they should continue to do so for their health, not looks. It may take awhile but they will reach their "natural" size.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    She calls it "internet bullying" but all he did was write her a letter and send it via email. The internet bullying started when her hubby posted it on the 'net. I'd say there's plenty of d-baggery to go around.

What amazes me about this is another overweight person clinging to and demanding the right to be unhealthy. My doc's been ragging me for years to lose weight, people made jokes, I put it all on me for being overweight. Last December, me and wifey decided to get serious about weight loss. She's down 3 dress sizes, I'm 4 inches smaller in my waist, together we lost ~100lbs and we're both within 10% of correct BMI. All it takes is willpower to change one's diet....

props to you for recognizing your issue and taking action

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    ...for some internet tough guy to shame you about it personally....
    I don't get this part. It was a letter he signed and sent via email. I thought internet bullying was all the unsigned hate language on forums and facebook/my space. His original letter wasn't that bad, IMHO. It is rude to point out weight issues for sure, I just don't see the internet bullying.

since 4/10/2009
    I don't get this part. It was a letter he signed and sent via email. I thought internet bullying was all the unsigned hate language on forums and facebook/my space. His original letter wasn't that bad, IMHO. It is rude to point out weight issues for sure, I just don't see the internet bullying.
    I never called it internet bullying because I don't think it falls under that category. Internet bullying, IMO, is when it's publicly done. It happens all the time on Facebook, blog comments, youtube comments, etc. It has even happened on this forum before when one user follows someone around and harasses them at every opportunity (and other forums).

But even still, by sending an e-mail to the reporter, this guy thought (possibly subconsciously) that he could hide behind that and could avoid any negative response to what he said. He brought this upon himself.

It isn't so much specifically what he said, either. It's the way he did it. He specifically addressed a person he did not know and wrote those things to her directly. Many people, especially women, already feel bad about their weight whether they are overweight or not. My wife is one who isn't even remotely overweight but who is very body-conscious and does not generally have positive thoughts about her body. Telling someone who has those existing negative feelings about themselves that they are fat and that they are poor role models for little girls is absolutely cruel no matter why you said it. There is no excuse for being cruel to other people.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    I think that's actually Biker Fox in a different uniform.

it does look like him!

minus the skullet, neon spandex, ass thrusting pose
    fap

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pizap.com13493934548331.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	728343
    the bike seems to be trending...

not censored version
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    i bet he drives a beemer
    What's the difference between a BMW and a cactus?

At least with a cactus, the pricks are on the outside.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    What's the difference between a BMW and a cactus?

At least with a cactus, the pricks are on the outside.
    words of wisdom
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    While I can see his point his execution was way off. I think public figures of all sorts should be encouraged (note: encouragement is not the same as belittlement) to promote a healthy image and lifestyle. Theres no doubt the dudes an r-tard for the way he went about it. Also this woman....

While shes obviously a bigger woman shes not what I would call a "bad example". Meanwhile we have some female comedians and celebrities who are wayyyyyy overweight and should really consider a lifestyle change.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

Weird huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    While I can see his point his execution was way off. I think public figures of all sorts should be encouraged (note: encouragement is not the same as belittlement) to promote a healthy image and lifestyle. Theres no doubt the dudes an r-tard for the way he went about it. Also this woman....

While shes obviously a bigger woman shes not what I would call a "bad example". Meanwhile we have some female comedians and celebrities who are wayyyyyy overweight and should really consider a lifestyle change.
    I for one am not seeing any problem with her.

Bathe her and bring her to the Cmdr....
    Poaching Demo...that's why we can't have nice things...

humber river advocate
    probably uses this...

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

clown question, bro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    hmmm, where is he from?
    Folsom/Granite Bay Area Team ID?
    I'm not sure where he's from but she is an anchor here in Wisconsin.

Also, as a fellow 'Sconnie, she could be way, way heavier and still fit in fairly well in this state [Disclaimer: I am by no means skinny either]. Cheese. Beer. Deep-fried, beer-battered cheese curds... Mmmm...

To me, the whole thing just reeks of d-baggery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    Are we just ignoring balls? Lol

mtbr member
    I know when im getting ready to mtn bike, i grab my XL wife beater, some Rollerblade elbow and knee pads, my 90s bike helmet, weight lifting gloves, and lastly haze on some "fat" people.... only then am i prepared to hit some gnarly radness on the trail (dirt road).

mtbr member
    Someone should take his bike and shove it up his @ss for giving the mountain biking community a bad name with that pic. Anyone reading the article isn't looking at his profession or the story, just the picture with him posing next to his bike all nice and smug.

Love the poster and it should be printed out and posted all over the net and Facebook in retaliation and a copy sent to his house.

The whole thing should have been handled privately. If I was her, I'd get a bike, run him off a trail into a ravine and claim that I was just listening to his advice to lose some weight as I went by. That will probably happen to him anyway with his attitude as every girl on the trail will see him as a target and maybe some of the guys.

Huckin' trails
    I don't like him. But again we're only judging a guy based on internet news and a very, very inappropriate picture of him. In those case I'd rather stay neutral till I read all the facts by myself than taking part into a bashing because of all what peeps wrote here.
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

banned
    Sep 2007
    i just wasnt a fan of what he said about "being an example for young girls".
    trust me, the biggest fear for any girl is getting fat. this woman will NOT make girls feel ok about being fat. Some women end up over weight for various reasons, but they still typically feel bad about it. More and more ten year old girls are going on diets because of fat shaming. whether this woman's response to make this public was right or wrong, eh, i dont care. But what he said was all wrong. He gave the worst reason or excuse ever.
    It's as simple as taking the fork, the spoon, or the finger food, out of your mouth. If you are too retarded to count calories, read the labels, read the crabs, the fat and the protein, then face it, you don't care, and you are retarded and looking for excuses and justification for your condition.

This guy sent an email, he was not an internet bully. Her Husband decided to air his wifes dirty laundry out all over the internet, that makes him an email thief and the Spin Doctor, along with her airing out personal problems over the air waves... this was completely un newsworthy. Gal needs to eat less, watch what she eats, and take the stairs instead of the elevator and get regular exercise and lots of it, lay off the comfort food. She just doesn't have a metabolism that allows here to eat normal size portions of food, or else she's a fast food "super size" me type of calorie inhaler at Mickey D's. She could probably go vegetarian or vegan and lose weight but she loves to eat food too much for her own good, and I bet she overindulges in all kinds of crap food.
    Boot camp for her would do a world of good.

hey nobody argued she was overweight! but there's a reason girls are much more likely to have an eating disorder. There are so many fattish men who let themselves go yet they still expect more from the ladies. fat girls exist, but nobody looks at another fat woman and says "i wanna be like her!" (which is almost what the guy was suggesting, that she's a bad influence on girls. trust me, no girl tries to be fat just so she can look like other fat ladies) obesity is a huge problem, but that guy didnt have to do that....and the woman didnt have to air it. they both were being dumb
    fap

ps, LOL'ed at the "spot me bro" pic
    fap

I dd what you see there.
    Dude just needs to shut his mouth and mind his own business, lest he ends up dead and ultimately becomes the butt of his own joke.

EVERYONE knows of a situation where you have two guys of the exact same age and socio-ecomnomic background and the dude that focused entirely on his health dies well before the guy that didn't pay any attention to his health. I'm not condoning a totally unhealthy lifestyle, but 10 years ago the undisputed most physically "in shape" guy in my hockey league keeled over in the dressing room after a game and died at 29 years old. It turned out to be heart disease out of nowhere as he had no family history of the disease - he drank maybe 5 alcoholic drinks a year and he never smoked.

The reality remains that no one knows when they're going die so why not do everything that makes you happy until that time comes?
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2011 Trek Cronus CX Ultimate

banned
    Sep 2007
    Keep in mind, with Obama care, your tax dollars will be subsidizing her unhealthy lifestyle and eating choices. Potentially, she could end up a diabetic.

uh oh randy, this turns political and it will be closed!
    fap

I dd what you see there.
    Keep in mind, with Obama care, your tax dollars will be subsidizing her unhealthy lifestyle and eating choices. Potentially, she could end up a diabetic.
    WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY ahead you there pal.

I live in Canada and have already been paying into subsidizing the health of non-Canadians (aka: NON-North American immigrants that only come here for welfare and free health care), chronic smokers, alcoholics, "big boned" people (and lets not foget the people who fail at extreme sports but still keep doing them) for many years.

I'm not so worried about paying into these "social programs" because in the last many years MORE of my tax dollars have gone to support fruitless endeavours (or as us common folk call them: SCANDALS) by totally inept goverments at ALL levels and crossing ALL parties too boot.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY ahead you there pal.

I live in Canada and have already been paying into subsidizing the health of non-Canadians (aka: NON-North American immigrants that only come here for welfare and free health care), chronic smokers, alcoholics, "big boned" people (and lets not foget the people who fail at extreme sports but still keep doing them) for many years.

I'm not so worried about paying into these "social programs" because in the last many years MORE of my tax dollars have gone to support fruitless endeavours (or as us common folk call them: SCANDALS) by totally inept goverments at ALL levels and crossing ALL parties too boot.
    So it's non political and crosses all party lines, once social health care is in place, and acts like a huge magnet for illegal aliens that are lazy, with poor health habits wanting the freebies.... got it.

since 4/10/2009
    cut the damn politics already

sock puppet

what i don't get is this:

she admits that she is overweight but when someone calls her overweight - it is bullying.

why is it bullying?

this lawyer guy may be the biggest d-bag in the world - but he did not send a public letter to her or posted it on his FB. Her husband did it. He had an opinion on someone who is a public figure due to her line of work - and he expressed it directly to her. And SHE made something out of it.

The worst part to me is all the "support" she got... it is OK to be overweight - don't mind the bully... bleh...

Randy is right - she knows she is overweight - so do something about it... try turning this around positively and advocating a healthy lifestyle - and maybe changing her life for the better and avoid potential health problems - instead she compares someone calling her fat with racism and bullying...

So now overweight viewers know that overweight is ok and they should be proud of who they are (which is true, but taken out of the context completely).

I was overweight when I was a teen and it bothered me enough to change it. It is not a rocket science.

So what is the take on this being a bullying - is it really and why?

EDIT: i just want to say that i would never have done anything like this, though i have spoken with some of my dear friends about their issues - being that alcoholism, work issues, marriage issues or any other life issues that friends help friends get over - at least in my circle of close friends. friends help friends unconditionally - that is how i operate at least. this lawyer guy, aside his profession, looks etc - has the right to his opinion and he chose to express directly to her. that is his right... she and her husband made an unnecessary public case out of it...

It's as simple as taking the fork, the spoon, or the finger food, out of your mouth. If you are too retarded to count calories, read the labels, read the crabs, the fat and the protein, then face it, you don't care, and you are retarded and looking for excuses and justification for your condition.

This guy sent an email, he was not an internet bully. Her Husband decided to air his wifes dirty laundry out all over the internet, that makes him an email thief and the Spin Doctor, along with her airing out personal problems over the air waves... this was completely un newsworthy. Gal needs to eat less, watch what she eats, and take the stairs instead of the elevator and get regular exercise and lots of it, lay off the comfort food. She just doesn't have a metabolism that allows here to eat normal size portions of food, or else she's a fast food "super size" me type of calorie inhaler at Mickey D's. She could probably go vegetarian or vegan and lose weight but she loves to eat food too much for her own good, and I bet she overindulges in all kinds of crap food.
    Boot camp for her would do a world of good.
    Last edited by osokolo; 10-08-2012 at 06:59 AM.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    she admits that she is overweight but when someone calls her overweight - it is bullying.

why is it bullying?

Because it is simply none of his fvcking business. If that punk ass biatch sent my wife an e-mail like that I'd be looking to give him an attitude adjustment the likes of which he would never forget. That asshat knows no honor. My two cents.

mtbr member
    Everyone looks at someone who's overweight and makes assumptions and judgements about their eating habits and lifestyle. It doesn't take any more calories to maintain 200lbs than it does to maintain 100lbs. That's why it's so freaking hard to lose weight. She could be living a perfectly healthy lifestyle for all we know, it's not like she's continuing to get bigger, is it? She has admitted that it's leftover weight from being pregnant. That's not an unhealthy lifestyle, that's hormones.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

mtbr member
    Because it is simply none of his fvcking business. If that punk ass biatch sent my wife an e-mail like that I'd be looking to give him an attitude adjustment the likes of which he would never forget. That asshat knows no honor. My two cents.

sock puppet
    i can see both sides of your opinion. by becoming public figures - don't we forfeit a bit of our privacy - at least with our appearance, among other superficial things...

he may think that she is affecting his daughter in a negative way - as a TV personality and he expressed his opinion DIRECTLY to her. the only thing that i think he is entitled to - is his opinion and he expressed it directly to her. not discussing whether it is right or wrong.

do you agree that we forfeit a bit of our privacy by being public figures?

is he not entitled to his opinion - and express it to her?

if i was her husband - i would not have posted it on FB. i would support my wife and if required - help her get over it, but it ain't my battle to fight ONLY because my wife would have been more than capable to fight it. i'd get involved ONLY if it is not a fair battle...

what do you think?

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by skullcap View Post
    Everyone looks at someone who's overweight and makes assumptions and judgements about their eating habits and lifestyle. It doesn't take any more calories to maintain 200lbs than it does to maintain 100lbs. That's why it's so freaking hard to lose weight. She could be living a perfectly healthy lifestyle for all we know, it's not like she's continuing to get bigger, is it? She has admitted that it's leftover weight from being pregnant. That's not an unhealthy lifestyle, that's hormones.
    no one said that losing weight or quitting smoking or ditching alcohol or other addictions is easy.

sometimes being overweight is a consequence of some medical disorder, i have a friend with this issue. it ain't easy on her, but she is trying hard... i have a complete sympathy for it...

leftover weight after birth is understandable - and even if she can not loose it for whatever reason, albeit only mental for all intents and purposes - instead of comparing it with racism - why not advocate against obesity instead, and help one or two or more human beings not become obese?

political correctness has gone a long way in our societies and all we can do is complain about it. i would rather see us trying to encourage more personal responsibility and accountability, than blaming anyone else for something that is more under our control...

sock puppet

As Jack Nicholson in "A few good men" said

"you can't handle the truth"

i really do think that some of us can't handle the truth... i think it is easier to live in some imaginary "bubble" and not hear the truth - in her case - she admits she knows she is overweight...

just don't tell me i am overweight (because it is not your business) and all is well...

Quote Originally Posted by Papachristou View Post
    read the letter, it isnt THAT harsh. i "think" he actually may have meant well by it. Instead she turned into into a sexist thing. i google her picture and she is definitely overweight. Now sure, it is easier for some people than others but she clearly isnt trying except when she orders a diet coke.

People hate the truth sometimes.

edit: i would also add that i do not support or endorse the "ideal" barbie woman size. We are all different in our structure. some of us will weigh more than others no matter how much/what we eat, excerise etc. As long as someone is excerising regularly and eating healthy, they should continue to do so for their health, not looks. It may take awhile but they will reach their "natural" size.

AZ
    banned
    i can see both sides of your opinion. by becoming public figures - don't we forfeit a bit of our privacy - at least with our appearance, among other superficial things...

he may think that she is affecting his daughter in a negative way - as a TV personality and he expressed his opinion DIRECTLY to her. the only thing that i think he is entitled to - is his opinion and he expressed it directly to her. not discussing whether it is right or wrong. He is the real influence in his household, blaming others is a crutch for his lack of positive influence in his own domain.

do you agree that we forfeit a bit of our privacy by being public figures? Not all of it.

is he not entitled to his opinion - and express it to her? He is entitled to keep his opinion to himself, she didn't ask for his critique.

if i was her husband - i would not have posted it on FB. i would support my wife and if required - help her get over it, but it ain't my battle to fight ONLY because my wife would have been more than capable to fight it. i'd get involved ONLY if it is not a fair battle...
    I wouldn't have either, I would search him out and give him a beat down of biblical proportions for being a terminal doooshbagg.
    what do you think?

Enough of the P.C. bs, just because you can say something doesn't mean you should, it may net a negative reaction.

banned
    "you can't handle the truth"

i really do think that some of us can't handle the truth... i think it is easier to live in some imaginary "bubble" and not hear the truth - in her case - she admits she knows she is overweight...

just don't tell me i am overweight (because it is not your business) and all is well...

Most people know the truth about themselves, some still in the closet, over compensating enouch needen't tell anyone. There used to be a time when people were expected to act civil and rude people got shut up, me thinks its well past time to a return to civility. Being an azzhole should be punitive and have repercussions.

banned
    Sep 2007
    hey nobody argued she was overweight! but there's a reason girls are much more likely to have an eating disorder. There are so many fattish men who let themselves go yet they still expect more from the ladies. fat girls exist, but nobody looks at another fat woman and says "i wanna be like her!" (which is almost what the guy was suggesting, that she's a bad influence on girls. trust me, no girl tries to be fat just so she can look like other fat ladies) obesity is a huge problem, but that guy didnt have to do that....and the woman didnt have to air it. they both were being dumb

There's tons of lean women all over Africa. India too. How do they do it? They get enough food, but not too much.

Americans, as a nation, are gluttonous pigs at the table. There's a lot more fat rich people than fat poor people, percentage wise. If a wife can't stand on her own merit... and one has to defend her weight excess.... what other faults are you willing to go to bat for over her? Love is blind....

Propagating defects doesn't happen in any other species on the planet Earth, except for humans. Darwin's Law of Survival of the Fittest is irrefutable in the animal and plant kingdom... extinction of a species exists for a reason, as does failure for those of poor genetic make up.

The guy does have the right, it's called the First Amendment, Freedom of speech, freedom to express ones self. We, as a Nation, are having lot's of problems dealing with the truth, with this Political Correctness era /funk we are in.

sock puppet
    Enough of the P.C. bs, just because you can say something doesn't mean you should, it may net a negative reaction.
    i don't know... as i said, i would not have done something like this - i don't really care that she is overweight, and yes, i am the most important influence on my kid in my household...

just trying to comprehend different angles on what he did and reactions that he caused...

i know i am a bit tired of "victim attitude" and whatever you don't like to hear - it is bullying...

i know also i would not cry foul if someone says my bike is too heavy (fat) and wouldn't call it bullying...

for sure would not beat down on someone who says my wife is fat (even if she was fat). don't care. i am sure there are many people that may or may not think bad about my wife or me... not a reason to beat down on anyone... their opinion and they can express it as far as i am concerned...

mtbr member
    no one said that losing weight or quitting smoking or ditching alcohol or other addictions is easy.

sometimes being overweight is a consequence of some medical disorder, i have a friend with this issue. it ain't easy on her, but she is trying hard... i have a complete sympathy for it...

leftover weight after birth is understandable - and even if she can not loose it for whatever reason, albeit only mental for all intents and purposes - instead of comparing it with racism - why not advocate against obesity instead, and help one or two or more human beings not become obese?

political correctness has gone a long way in our societies and all we can do is complain about it. i would rather see us trying to encourage more personal responsibility and accountability, than blaming anyone else for something that is more under our control...

She's said she's trying to lose it. Where's the support? I don't really think this is about political correctness. I think that man is entitled to his opinion, but I think in this instance it's misplaced. A little fact checking before shooting off his mouth would not have been a bad thing.

sock puppet

bottom line is

he should not have done it... forget about fact checking - most of us do not do that even for more important, sometimes life/death issues...

i also agree with "support" comment that you made...

what i am having difficulties with is that her husband and her - made it pubic and made it the same as racism...

i don't know if that was the best way to treat his email... that is all... seems to be a knee jerk response to a knee jerk cause.

or maybe that was the best way, judging by the court of public opinion around here... i just don't think people should lose sleep over such mundane things...

Quote Originally Posted by skullcap View Post
    She's said she's trying to lose it. Where's the support? I don't really think this is about political correctness. I think that man is entitled to his opinion, but I think in this instance it's misplaced. A little fact checking before shooting off his mouth would not have been a bad thing.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I got no idea why they went that way with it. I would have just emailed him back or ignored it. But who knows? Maybe they felt like it was an important issue and the point needed to be made publicly.

Kinda like people posting up their negative rep on an internet forum.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    This.

One Billion Percent.

I don't know what it is (possibly the liberating of d-bag comments via the internet) why people need to get into other's people's business. Making comments, jokes, etc. with absolutely no gain for that person - aside from trying to compensate for something else - OOH! Like giving negative rep.

This guy had nothing to gain from making his comment. Saying he was somehow protecting the interests of "young girls" (which is creepy, anyway), is a BS excuse for his being a d-bag comment.

Absolutely, this lawyer fvck should mind his own business. I can't stand people like him.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie scum View Post
    Being an azzhole should be punitive and have repercussions.
    Amen.

You may well be entitled to your opinion. You may well be within your rights to voice it. But other people have those same rights so don't be surprised when you get called out for it. If you don't like being called out for being an a$$hole, then don't be an a$$hole. Simple enough.

sock puppet

well said randy...

and nicole as well...

the lawyer should not have done it, but the woman should not have made it public...

below is the truth... whether we can handle it or not...

There's tons of lean women all over Africa. India too. How do they do it? They get enough food, but not too much.

Americans, as a nation, are gluttonous pigs at the table. There's a lot more fat rich people than fat poor people, percentage wise. If a wife can't stand on her own merit... and one has to defend her weight excess.... what other faults are you willing to go to bat for over her? Love is blind....

Propagating defects doesn't happen in any other species on the planet Earth, except for humans. Darwin's Law of Survival of the Fittest is irrefutable in the animal and plant kingdom... extinction of a species exists for a reason, as does failure for those of poor genetic make up.

The guy does have the right, it's called the First Amendment, Freedom of speech, freedom to express ones self. We, as a Nation, are having lot's of problems dealing with the truth, with this Political Correctness era /funk we are in.

i'd like to argue the lean women in Africa are not "getting enough food"
    fap

banned
    Sep 2007
    i'd like to argue the lean women in Africa are not "getting enough food"
    Would you then argue, conversely, that people that are overweight...., are getting too much food?

I won't even bother to entertain arguing with a woman about her weight. Anyone dumb enough to ask " Does this dress make me look fat ", knows the answer.... and the answer is no.... You make you look fat, not the dress.

There's a few situations where I found fat girls look good.

Last call for alcohol.

And beer goggles.

It's been said God made alcohol, because fat girls like to get laid too. I heard it from a Harvard Graduate, so it must be true.

BTW, Dutch Culture is brutally honest, or shall we call it Dutch Directness,whether you want to hear the truth or not.

No. 4: Dutch Directness | Stuff Dutch People Like

In addition to truth... bicycles.

No. 1: Bicycles | Stuff Dutch People Like

And contrary to popular belief... Dutch Guys do NOT walk around with a spliff in one hand and an erection in the other.
    Last edited by Boyonabyke; 10-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.

AZ
    banned
    Wife: Do these jeans make me look as big as a house?

Husband: No, the house isn't blue.

i have no qualms with freedom of speech. just keep in mind, people also have the freedom to call you an ahole for what you say. She's a big girl, probably eats more than she should, but his lame excuse to "help" her was just a pointless move. She probably should have ignored him as well.
    fap

sock puppet

i can't believe this bikini still fits me...

Wife: Do these jeans make me look as big as a house?

Husband: No, the house isn't blue.

Fallsview Casino Ad featuring Robin Phelps - November 21, 2011 - YouTube

we all can learn something from this commercial... priceless...

mtbr member
    Pointing out that someone is fat isn't like politely pointing out the disgusting booger hanging from their nose they are oblivious too. When you point out to a fat person they are fat, you aren't doing it matter-of-factly. Fat people know gawd damned well they are fat, and the person pointing it out also knows gawd damned well that the fat person knows it and most likely is already embarrassed by it. When you point it out to them, you are saying 'I don't like fat people and I'm just letting you know that I am judging you.' Well, yes dear, that is nice. Who are you and why the hell should a stranger give a flying **** what YOU think? Now go play with your free weights and needles and maybe later there can be a discussion as to what constitutes bad examples and self destructive behavior...

Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Making comments, jokes, etc. with absolutely no gain for that person - aside from trying to compensate for something else - OOH! Like giving negative rep.

This guy had nothing to gain from making his comment. Saying he was somehow protecting the interests of "young girls" (which is creepy, anyway), is a BS excuse for his being a d-bag comment.
    Oh, and ^^^ what Dion said I seem to be doing that a lot around here!

banned
    Sep 2007
    i have no qualms with freedom of speech. just keep in mind, people also have the freedom to call you an ahole for what you say. She's a big girl, probably eats more than she should, but his lame excuse to "help" her was just a pointless move. She probably should have ignored him as well.
    Nicole, you'd be correct about people having the freedom to call one an a hole, though it's common knowledge that when debating or discussing something and you reach for name calling, you've lost the debate. Calling one a "dooschepouch" falls into the same category, and being human, I've fallen into it myself a time or three. Same thing with calling someone an idiot, even though it may be true.... "Mentally Challenged" is the PC expression or term that comes to mind.

I suppose it's a reflection of how you are/were raised.... my butt saw it's fair share of my Dad's leather belt, when I did wrong. Those were lessons learned the hard and fast way, leather made my butt sting, much worse than sand in my bunge. Touchy feeley and kindness for mistakes, were not part of growing up with Depression Era parents. Dope Slaps and a belt were.

I dd what you see there.
    Perhaps when "freedom of speech" is really just a thinly veiled excuse for childish instigation, this "freedom" would best be practiced by keeping your mouth shut.

Just because you can, doesn't always mean you should.

I dd what you see there.
    lol @ ******pouch

I'm going to have to use that at work this week.

Is not amused
    In all fairness, word on the street is that she slept with Lumbergh.

"2 Wycked"
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

mtbr member
    Turns out this loser is a security guard, not a lawyer. At least she has a real job. And, yes, my hubby has been a security guard and it's not easy, but you don't get paid enough to care either. He probably makes 8 bucks an hour.

I wonder how he treats all the women he comes across.

My husband would be just as pissed off if I'd gotten an email like that. Any married guy would feel the same. The whole thing was handled badly and unprofessionally. If she doesn't like being fat, do something about it. He's a jerk and there's no cure or 12 step program for that problem. It just sucks that he rides a mountain bike and it ends up being the feature picture splattered all over the news and internet.

I Ride Bikes
    So wait he's a security guard? He lied about his profession? Wow.

sock puppet

security guard?

any links - where did you get that?

interesting, though i don't understand why you would say that she's got a real job as opposed to him... being a security guard - is a real job as well...

please post the link to this interesting development... this is getting really interesting...

and the court of public opinion based on the comments on the story - is divided pretty much down the middle...

no doubt he is an a-hole, but lots of people don't like what she and her husband did either...

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany1 View Post
    Turns out this loser is a security guard, not a lawyer. At least she has a real job. And, yes, my hubby has been a security guard and it's not easy, but you don't get paid enough to care either. He probably makes 8 bucks an hour.

I wonder how he treats all the women he comes across.

My husband would be just as pissed off if I'd gotten an email like that. Any married guy would feel the same. The whole thing was handled badly and unprofessionally. If she doesn't like being fat, do something about it. He's a jerk and there's no cure or 12 step program for that problem. It just sucks that he rides a mountain bike and it ends up being the feature picture splattered all over the news and internet.

I dd what you see there.
    Convenience store clerk or Gas station attendant are REAL jobs as well...

Just saying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0