Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cougar Alert!

Flaccid Member

Cougar Alert!

Good thing most of us here are over 30.... I think? Input from wimmenz of the OC sought.

"i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

see me rollin, they hatin
    my preferred victim falls into the 18-25 range. If you're 28, you might be safe. might.
    fap

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB View Post
    my preferred victim falls into the 18-25 range. If you're 28, you might be safe. might.
    We've been over this a few times Nicole.

A. You aren't in California State Parks.... yet.

B. "Bobcat" was too young, "Cougar" was too old, so we left you at "Cub"

C. Don't rush things, you got a lot of years to go before you can earn the title Cougar.

D. I don't think your love slaves see themselves as victims, do they? It's not like you're a Black Widow?

E. It's questionable if any age is safe with you.... one never can tell, during lean times, a cougar takes what it wants, and can't tell age.
    Last edited by Boyonadyke; 01-16-2014 at 04:36 PM.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

Front Range, Colorado
    We had the same alert here in Colorado a month back. Someone spotted one relaxing above one of our most popular trails. Very scary and it sent chills up my spine when I saw that photo in our local paper. I rode that trail just an hour before the photo was taken. I could have faced a major attack and for all I know I wouldn't be writing this right now. Dragged back to the den and torn apart.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    try adult bears they have far more knowledge than those infants your chasing about

official eMpTyBRain
    Oh, give me a break! You can't possibly make a decision on who you're gonna bonk based primarily on their age.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    try adult bears they have far more knowledge than those infants your chasing about
    normally yes, but i've been suprised, pleasantly so.

cub sounds younger than bobcat, btw
    fap

I build my own.
    A local mountain lion came face-to-face with a group of hikers and made it out alive, sources reported Monday. Wildlife officials are crediting the courageous cougar’s quick thinking, catlike reflexes, and 150 pounds of coiled muscle with successfully fending off the human foot travelers.

The mountain lion was reportedly enjoying a quiet afternoon walk around Little Qualicum Falls Park, on the same path it had taken almost every single day for the past three years, when it heard a rustling sound emanating from the underbrush. Upon investigation, the large feline noticed that a pack of hikers—one adult male, two young children, and an adult female that it instantly recognized as the mother—had crossed into territory that the cat had clearly marked as its own via tree scrapings and urine.

Outnumbered four to one, the cougar, fearing for its life, somehow managed to stay calm. It remained perfectly still in a crouched position and stared directly at the hikers, in the hopes that they would simply pass by. The hikers, however, were undeterred. They began shrieking loudly, clapping their hands, and throwing sticks and rocks at the animal in an apparent attempt to injure it.

“Nothing can prepare a mountain lion for an encounter with four hikers,” said park ranger Kenneth Meiggs, noting that it is unusual to find hikers in that particular area of the woods. “In order to defend itself, the cougar had to rely on pure instinct alone.”

Armed with nothing more than four-inch claws, razor-sharp teeth, and a 5.4-meter vertical leap, the mountain lion lunged at the adult male hiker. In a defensive measure, it pinned the hiker to the ground, thus disabling the man’s primary means of attack. After a brief struggle, the animal was eventually able to lock onto the hiker’s skull with its jaw.

“Repeated biting of the skull and face is the textbook way to fend off a human attack,” said Mike Kasperski, biologist and author of the book Hikers: Shadows In The Forest.

The mother, however, became increasingly aggressive due to the presence of her young. She reportedly ran toward the mountain lion with a four-inch-wide log and began striking it upon the head. Not knowing what else to do, the feline tore a foot-wide hole in the hiker’s stomach, but the enraged female continued to fight, poking the feline in the eye with her finger. The cougar, in a last-ditch effort for survival, whipped its claws across the woman’s throat, killing her instantly.

Remarkably, this brave mountain lion is only 4 and a half years old.

“It’s amazing what some mountain lions are capable of when faced with the most dire of circumstances,” Meiggs said. “To think that those hikers were a mere 20 yards away, and the lion walked away unscathed…. Wow.”

The two younger hikers received small lacerations on their legs and chest, while the adult male is being treated for massive head trauma and internal bleeding. The mother, identified as Cyndi Thalls, 38, of Port Alberni BC, was pronounced dead at the scene.

“I think it’s safe to say those hikers will think twice before getting into another tussle with this feisty little fellow,” Meiggs added with a chuckle.

Following the incident, the mountain lion retreated into the woods, escaping with nothing more than a few minor scratches and a blood-covered snout. At press time, it is resting comfortably on a large rock.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    A local mountain lion came face-to-face with a group of hikers and made it out alive, sources reported Monday. Wildlife officials are crediting the courageous cougar’s quick thinking, catlike reflexes, and 150 pounds of coiled muscle with successfully fending off the human foot travelers.

The mountain lion was reportedly enjoying a quiet afternoon walk around Little Qualicum Falls Park, on the same path it had taken almost every single day for the past three years, when it heard a rustling sound emanating from the underbrush. Upon investigation, the large feline noticed that a pack of hikers—one adult male, two young children, and an adult female that it instantly recognized as the mother—had crossed into territory that the cat had clearly marked as its own via tree scrapings and urine.

Outnumbered four to one, the cougar, fearing for its life, somehow managed to stay calm. It remained perfectly still in a crouched position and stared directly at the hikers, in the hopes that they would simply pass by. The hikers, however, were undeterred. They began shrieking loudly, clapping their hands, and throwing sticks and rocks at the animal in an apparent attempt to injure it.

“Nothing can prepare a mountain lion for an encounter with four hikers,” said park ranger Kenneth Meiggs, noting that it is unusual to find hikers in that particular area of the woods. “In order to defend itself, the cougar had to rely on pure instinct alone.”

Armed with nothing more than four-inch claws, razor-sharp teeth, and a 5.4-meter vertical leap, the mountain lion lunged at the adult male hiker. In a defensive measure, it pinned the hiker to the ground, thus disabling the man’s primary means of attack. After a brief struggle, the animal was eventually able to lock onto the hiker’s skull with its jaw.

“Repeated biting of the skull and face is the textbook way to fend off a human attack,” said Mike Kasperski, biologist and author of the book Hikers: Shadows In The Forest.

The mother, however, became increasingly aggressive due to the presence of her young. She reportedly ran toward the mountain lion with a four-inch-wide log and began striking it upon the head. Not knowing what else to do, the feline tore a foot-wide hole in the hiker’s stomach, but the enraged female continued to fight, poking the feline in the eye with her finger. The cougar, in a last-ditch effort for survival, whipped its claws across the woman’s throat, killing her instantly.

“It’s amazing what some mountain lions are capable of when faced with the most dire of circumstances,” Meiggs said. “To think that those hikers were a mere 20 yards away, and the lion walked away unscathed…. Wow.”

The two younger hikers received small lacerations on their legs and chest, while the adult male is being treated for massive head trauma and internal bleeding. The mother, identified as Cyndi Thalls, 38, of Port Alberni BC, was pronounced dead at the scene.

“I think it’s safe to say those hikers will think twice before getting into another tussle with this feisty little fellow,” Meiggs added with a chuckle.

Following the incident, the mountain lion retreated into the woods, escaping with nothing more than a few minor scratches and a blood-covered snout. At press time, it is resting comfortably on a large rock.
    Bravo, TN! You speak "animal"!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    At my age a cougar is a young chick.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post

Good stuff--it's important to keep in mind that the places we recreate are also often the home of critters great and small. Still, it's a shame that the woman died and the dad was so badly injured. I wonder what they could've done differently that would've encouraged the cat to move away without attacking?

banned
    Jan 2013
    I have a co worker who frequently talks about his weekend "cougar" hunting. We have pointed out to him many times that since he is in his 40s a cougar to him would be in her 50s or 60s. Each and every time he gives us a confused look, and by the next Thursday or Friday begins talking about the weekends "hunt" again.

We have gone so far as to print pictures of provocative elderly women titled cougars and tape the pics to his locker. He still doesn't get it.

re member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    .....He still doesn't get it.
    He needs to be trying different bars, then.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

banned
    Jan 2013
    Oh, he loves his bar....

The moron just does not understand that a woman his age is not considered a cougar.

re member
    Oh, so he does get it.....just that they're not old enough to qualify, huh?

I was just doing a little play on words there..... "He doesn't get it" "Then he should try a different bar"

mtbr member
    The moron just does not understand that a woman his age is not considered a cougar.
    He's just confused, sounds more like MILF hunting.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Oh, so he does get it.....just that they're not old enough to qualify, huh?

I was just doing a little play on words there..... "He doesn't get it" "Then he should try a different bar"

WOOSH........

Clearly not enough caffeine in my system yet. Well played sir!

do cougars get older as the men get older? or do they still hover in middle age?
    fap

official eMpTyBRain
    do cougars get older as the men get older? or do they still hover in middle age?
    Clearly, there are different opinions here. From my understanding, they are middle-aged to older.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Cougars hunt younger men.... so the age is relative.

official eMpTyBRain
    Cougars hunt younger men.... so the age is relative.
    That's not entirely true.

Once a Cougar, always a Cougar. they are not limited to bonking younger men only. They will bonk same aged and older men, too. I think it's more about being "on the prowl for some action".

re member
    WOOSH........

Clearly not enough caffeine in my system yet. Well played sir!
    early
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cougar Alert!-surprised-cofee.jpg  

mtbr member
    Extreme Cougar Wives: TLC

official eMpTyBRain
    Has anyone here ever been landed by a Cougar???

Wives do not count!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Has anyone here ever been landed by a Cougar???
    Still holding out hope.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast