High Desert MTBer

Compassion... Got some to share?

I am sitting in Amish country in PA waiting for ports on the eastern seaboard to reopen so we can load our 12 sea containers for Europe with our stage and stuff, and there are brass monkeys shivering outside it is so friggin' cold. I just had to dig my car out from under a foot of snow, and my fingers were almost dropping off. I cannot imagine having to live in this stuff! I have huge compassion for anyone that does...

This is not necessarily a weather like/dislike thread, compassion of all kinds is good!
    It's all Here. Now.

Meatbomb
    We set a record 81* yesterday

mtbr member
    I love MN. What some complain about... I can't help but smile and think more for me. Also, the hot chocolate/coffee post outdoor activity doesn't get enough credit.
    No fuss with the MUSS

Big Mac

Compassion... Got some to share?

Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I am sitting in Amish country in PA waiting for ports on the eastern seaboard to reopen so we can load our 12 sea containers for Europe with our stage and stuff, and there are brass monkeys shivering outside it is so friggin' cold. I just had to dig my car out from under a foot of snow, and my fingers were almost dropping off. I cannot imagine having to live in this stuff! I have huge compassion for anyone that does...

This is not necessarily a weather like/dislike thread, compassion of all kinds is good!
    That's dangerous country there bro. I hope your packing.

mtbr member
    I rather enjoy a four season climate.

duh

I actually prefer winter of summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

High Desert MTBer
    You guys are crazy!!! This is not a season out there, it's Armageddon... armageddon outta here as soon as I can!!!
    It's all Here. Now.

Front Range, Colorado
    You guys are crazy!!! This is not a season out there, it's Armageddon... armageddon outta here as soon as I can!!!
    Lol
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    The lunatics never consider themselves as being crazy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Tomcat View Post
    The lunatics never consider themselves as being crazy.
    True....hmmm, so true. Moon fanatics, I just don't understand. It's just a pale reflection of the sun really.
    No fuss with the MUSS

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    SoCal is nice and warm, screw snow.

^ Snow is a thing i travel to go see for fun. A magical substance i tell my children about. Once, we even drove for several hours to see it fall from the sky!
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    ^ Snow is a thing i travel to go see for fun. A magical substance i tell my children about. Once, we even drove for several hours to see it fall from the sky!
    So you drove for several hours to see snow fall, then came home to tell your children about it?!? Dude, that's brutal!!!
    It's all Here. Now.

Trail Prospector
    Wow, I thought this thread was to be about compassion - instead I hear a bunch o' whiney lil biotches!
    If you hate the cold, move - I did. And to be fair, most people do because they lack the proper clothing.
    Dress in layers, and don't laugh at the Michelin man until you wear down, it works.

To be compassionate, give some good warm clothes to those that need it most - the homeless.
    I cannot imaging living outside in single digits that it's been here lately in DC.
    Oh, and don't feel picked on, I'm an azzhole about this to people I love too.
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Wow, I thought this thread was to be about compassion - instead I hear a bunch o' whiney lil biotches!
    If you hate the cold, move - I did. And to be fair, most people do because they lack the proper clothing.
    Dress in layers, and don't laugh at the Michelin man until you wear down, it works.

To be compassionate, give some good warm clothes to those that need it most - the homeless.
    I cannot imaging living outside in single digits that it's been here lately in DC.
    Oh, and don't feel picked on, I'm an azzhole about this to people I love too.
    Trust me, as soon as I get this done I am heading back home to the desert! I cannot imagine being homeless in this stuff, it does not bear thinking about. I have utmost sympathy for anyone caught out in this, and support a homeless shelter in my wife's hometown which gets super cold in winter... Many years ago I found the body of a homeless guy who had frozen to death on the steps of the venue we were playing in that day when we went to start work. One of the saddest things I have ever seen.
    It's all Here. Now.

Oh, the huge-meh-nity
    Aug 2013
    I grew up in a rather northerly city, at least one person 'of means' would die from the cold pretty much every year--stuck their car in the snow and then figured they should walk somewhere, thinking that was a good idea--it's not.

Pretty crazy when a low gas tank could be a death sentence...

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    You gotta dress for this type of weather. It's no joke. If you dress appropriately it's not so bad. If not, then you're going to be miserable.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

duh
    I do a lot of work out doors in this weather and it is not to bad in the right clothing. I usually wear my speedos and a tank top
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

mtbr member
    3rd no school cold day this month for MN children. I guess that's compassionate, but I'm still workin.
    No fuss with the MUSS

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    3rd no school cold day this month for MN children. I guess that's compassionate, but I'm still workin.
    Hey dbh, is that Billy Connoly in your avatar? He's a pretty compassionate guy!
    It's all Here. Now.

So you drove for several hours to see snow fall, then came home to tell your children about it?!? Dude, that's brutal!!!
    I took them with me so they could see it. It was cold. We left.
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

mtbr member
    Hey dbh, is that Billy Connoly in your avatar? He's a pretty compassionate guy!
    It's Mark Twain with a quote that he may or may not have actually spurted out his mouth or dribbled from his pen.
    Billy Connolly aka Big Yin is an awesome guy though and I would be proud if it was his likeness.
    No fuss with the MUSS