human dehumidifier

Cell phone - copying text messages to a PC or email account

Can anyone give me a quick schooling on what's the best way to get text messages from an HTC Inspire 4G phone to a PC or email account? We need the messages in context for a legal proceeding.

Thanks,

Bob
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

Retired User
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    Can anyone give me a quick schooling on what's the best way to get text messages from an HTC Inspire 4G phone to a PC or email account? We need the messages in context for a legal proceeding.

Thanks,

Bob
    I don't have this phone, but usually you just need to select the message, find 'forward' in the options, and type in the e-mail address. Works on my Samsung dumb-phone anyways.
    Last edited by wbmason55; 02-12-2013 at 03:17 PM.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    You may be able to ask the provider themselves. There are also some apps like SMS Backup +

I'm not familiar with your phone either, Bob.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008

human dehumidifier
    Thanks

This is not going well. Much stress. Hopefully that forward technique will send the entire message thread so I have context. If it's what my wife has already tried it's one message at a time so that doesn't help us. Yeah that seems to be the case. I need the full thread.

human dehumidifier
    Looks like SMS backup will do the job to send texts to gmail. No way to set the date range so I'm getting all texts but I can sort them out once they're in gmail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    You may be able to ask the provider themselves. There are also some apps like SMS Backup +

I'm not familiar with your phone either, Bob.
    THIS! I just flashed my phone to a custom ROM and needed a way to backup/restore all my text messages. Basically, it uses a Gmail account to store all of your text messages, and then restore them if necessary. It's really easy to use but can take some time depending on how many messages you have on your phone.
    "Got everything you need?"

human dehumidifier
    Yeah this first session with SMS Backup is taking forever, because it only works in blocks of 200 messages, but in the future it will automatically save texts to gmail so if there is a next time (let's hope not) it won't be such a big deal.

Maybe I can hire myself out as the lawyer's tech guru based on figuring this out and offset his bill some