mtbr member

Bluetooth Headphones!

There are a couple old threads about this, but new stuff is released too often to really be able to rely on what is there.

So! Anyone use them? I am looking for some for riding or workouts, something I can hopefully pick up off Amazon or something for less than $100. I wear my corded cans shamelessly anywhere I go where I won't be sweating. Love those things I need some buds or similarly sporty design!

Music sound quality is number one of most importance. I don't care if the controls are crappy, or what my phone calls sound like. Don't care if the voice recognition blows, or if it even has it, because those never work for me anyways. Comfort is only an issue as far as they need to stay put when I am riding. I currently use my Halo headband to hold earbuds in place, works fantastically! I am never out for more than 4 hours, so a bad battery life isn't too bad either (just obnoxious). Really, I just want ones that sound really freakin awesome.

A quick browse on Amazon came up with these guys:

These have the best reviews:
    Amazon.com: LG Tone Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black/Orange: Cell Phones & Accessories

Plantronics is known for sound quality in headsets:
    Amazon.com: Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Headset: Cell Phones & Accessories

Any others?

Kick Start My Heart
    I am not an audiophile, but i have been using Motorola S9's for 4 years now in the pain cave and they are still working fine. Bluetooth=coolest ever. I love them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Flaccid Member
    Ditto for the Motorola S9's
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    Really?

Wow, I skipped right over them on Amazon when I saw they only had 3 stars!

They are for an xmas gift, and I went ahead and asked for the plantronics one just based on the brand's track record. If those don't work out, I will check out the S9s!

Flaccid Member
    I have tin ears, can't give you a sound check quality review.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    Really, the sound quality is all I care about. I hate people, I don't care if phone calls sound like ****! And I don't fiddle with my radio when I am riding, I just let it play. I don't plan on leaving my phone far from the headphones either, so range doesn't matter as long as it doesn't skip or cut out. I would wear my cans if I could when I ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    The Backbeat works just fine, I have one. My only real complaint is that the earbuds don't sit nicely in my ears (I have small[er] ear canals)...this is exacerbated by the fact that the buds rest on telescoping arms, which don't adjust short enough.

For listening to music, or constant audio stream, they are just fine, but if audio starts and stops, the headset conserves power when it isn't receiving audio signal--which means you often miss the first second or so of audio when the signal resumes. Audio quality is good. Not great, just good (better than the earbuds Apple includes with their stuff, if that helps.)

The mic pickup, from experimentation, is definitely not for speaking, instead used as an audio pickup (it switches on when you pause the music, so you can hear your surroundings without taking the headset off).

mtbr member
    Bah, maybe I should try to change my choice in headsets. 'Good' is not exactly the rousing endorsement I was hoping for :/