Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bigfoot

mtbr member

Bigfoot

I'm here watching this show on cable about Bigfoot, and I started to wonder if any one here think they ever saw Bigfoot?

mtbr member
    I saw him once when I was little!

'11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Never "saw" one. I was always saving some stories for the 'Paranormal Thread', but too lazy to write them all down.

I did experience some rock throwing down in the N. Fork American River. Something on the opposite bank, too inaccessible for some human fer sure. Bizarre sounds and of course it happened during the night. I threw rocks back just to keep "it" thinking it was NOT okay to cross over to my side.

The other time was in a sub canyon; I was cutting up on a deer trail. The Madrone tree right next to me started swaying back and forth -from its base! And considering it was a 1 1/2 foot plus in diameter, it made no sense at all. The sun had already gone down, and I had no flashlight. Our hunting dog took off, with his tail between legs. (This is a dog who chases bears up trees when they meander into our camp.) I willed myself to turn away, being without a dog, and run the longest mile back home. I found our German Shorthair lodged under the dinner table, shaking. His reaction alone spooked the hell out of me. To this day, none reasons itself. And I pride myself being a country man, and all that.

mtbr member
    That crazy! And scary. While I enjoy nature and came across your basic animals-deers, squirrels, etc. but experience like that would be enough for me to become a roadie.

Front Range, Colorado
    This site has an off topic forum called "Off Camber off topic" in short called the OC that these threads go in. Any thread not having a mountain bike theme. I know the General Discussion forum should be for this. But about a year ago it became a hassle for the mods sifting through and sending threads to the recycling bin. So they created the "Off Camber off topic" forum. Just a FYI for future posting.

Do I believe in Big Foot? I did for sure up through my twenties and I had some doubt through my thirties. My forties brought more doubt. I'm 51 now and I am absolutely positive it's a bunch of crap. No bones have ever been found or fossils or real footage or a dead one. Too much time has gone by with too few uninhabited places to hide. With too much population growth with humans for no proof positive evidence ever coming to light. The dudes on that Big Foot show have a serious mental sickness to dedicate their life to hunting down a myth.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 01-07-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    This site has an off topic forum called "Off Camber off topic" in short called the OC that these threads go in. Any thread not having a mountain bike theme. I know the General Discussion forum should be for this. But about a year ago it became a hassle for the mods sifting through and sending threads to the recycling bin. So they created the "Off Camber off topic" forum. Just a FYI for future posting.

Do I believe in Big Foot? I did for sure up through my twenties and I had some doubt through my thirties. My forties brought more doubt. I'm 51 now and I am absolutely positive it's a bunch of crap. No bones have ever been found or fossils or real footage or a dead one. Too much time has gone by with too many uninhabited places to hide. With too much population growth with humans for no proof positive evidence ever coming to light. The dudes on that Big Foot show have a serious mental sickness to dedicate their like to hunting down a myth.
    I bet it pays well.

I've spent a LOT of time (30+ years) in the forests of British Columbia, Vancouver Island to be specific. During that time I've seen one live cougar and NO cougar bones, even though V.I. has one of the highest densities of cougars in the world. It also has a large black bear population and although I've had many encounters with them (they are hard to avoid at times), I've never seen a carcass or bones.

I do have a couple of sasquatch stories but since I've never seen one, I won't say I'm sure they exist.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My brother said he saw something one morning when he was deer hunting... it was pre-dawn, he was sitting at the base of the tree and kind of dozing off. He said he woke up with what he thought was something standing about 20 feet away, just swaying back and forth. When he racked his shotgun slide (was chambered but wanted to let the person/thing know he was there), it took off. He knew it was on two legs based on the sound of the leaves, and said it was so fast, it just "disappeared".

He won't say it was bigfoot, but it scared the crap out of him for the rest of the season... this was in southern Ohio, BTW. I don't have any stories other than that, but I do think there is some pretty convincing evidence. Not enough to say it's for real out there, but very plausible.

the half breed devil
    "No bones have ever been found or fossils or real footage or a dead one."

um, maybe the bigfoot families are very, very good at hiding the graves of their dead.

i mean, tecumseh's final resting place has never been found...

Mystery of Tecumseh's Grave Lingers

No Stranger to danger....
    Yes i have actually had a sexual experience with a female bigfoot.
    It was a dark and windy day, the forest was angry that day my friends.
    I was alone pumping my tyre up on a remote trail.
    Through the trees i was shocked to see a very large 8ft fury creature with large breasts, looking at me whilst rubbing her self very sensually, for a second i had to remind myself i wasnt in Bulgaria..
    I think it could have been the sound of my pump that attracted her to me.
    Anyway i have to admit that i was immediately turned on by this sensual chewbacca looking woman, so much so that she noticed my erection poking through my pants.
    She called me over and by this point i was very excited.
    The first thing i noticed was her musky unwashed smell which sent me over the edge, it was very erotic.
    As we embraced i gently moved the long fur around her mouth and gently kissed her, she gathered me in her arms and picked me up off the ground and she went on to lick my face and in my ears, it was very erotic.
    In a very sensual moment she lay back on the ground and parted her loverly hairy legs and i dove right in, she didnt have appeared to ever have washed before, but this only drove up my arousal levels to an all time high.
    As we made love on that i was bitten by hundreds of fleas which aroused me to a new level sensuality and tipped me over the edge of sexual desire and passion.
    Anyway without trying to get to sexual on this forum, we were together for 4 long nights and days, without doubt the most erotic four days of my life...
    It was a great experience and i have never showered since, i would recommend it to anybody.
    So yes i have seen a bigfoot......
    cheers
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Flow like water
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post

(yuck)...

cheers
    Around here, I'd say you had an encounter with a crackhead, only fleas don't live on crackheads.
    "Head injuries are pretty high-consequence" - AndrwSwitch

High Desert MTBer
    It was a dark and windy day, the forest was angry that day my friends.
    I was alone pumping my tyre up on a remote trail.
    Through the trees i was shocked to see a very large 8ft fury creature with large breasts, looking at me whilst rubbing her self very sensually, for a second i had to remind myself i wasnt in Bulgaria..
    I think it could have been the sound of my pump that attracted her to me.
    Anyway i have to admit that i was immediately turned on by this sensual chewbacca looking woman, so much so that she noticed my erection poking through my pants.
    She called me over and by this point i was very excited.
    The first thing i noticed was her musky unwashed smell which sent me over the edge, it was very erotic.
    As we embraced i gently moved the long fur around her mouth and gently kissed her, she gathered me in her arms and picked me up off the ground and she went on to lick my face and in my ears, it was very erotic.
    In a very sensual moment she lay back on the ground and parted her loverly hairy legs and i dove right in, she didnt have appeared to ever have washed before, but this only drove up my arousal levels to an all time high.
    As we made love on that i was bitten by hundreds of fleas which aroused me to a new level sensuality and tipped me over the edge of sexual desire and passion.
    Anyway without trying to get to sexual on this forum, we were together for 4 long nights and days, without doubt the most erotic four days of my life...
    It was a great experience and i have never showered since, i would recommend it to anybody.
    cheers
    That's funny Tone, you just reminded me of something that happened to me when I was living back in the Old Country that had slipped my mind for many years, not really about a "Bigfoot" but similar... I was out riding my mountain bike along the shores of Loch Ness on a biking trip in Scotland, and had a series of mechanicals that put me late getting back to my bed and breakfast. Like you, I was pumping up the trail, head down, when I suddenly heard an unearthly, deep groaning sound from up ahead. Startled, I tried to slow quickly, and in the gloom just in front, a huge dark shape appeared across the trail, and my nostrils were assaulted by an overwhelming, slimy, antediluvian stench such as could only be imagined in nightmares. Of course, like you, I was immediately aroused, and as I slid closer, I could make out at least a dozen large breasts along the underside of this creature, whatever it was. She was huge, scaly, drooling from her maw, and from the look of her massive dinner-plate sized moon-eyes gazing down at me, extremely aroused too.
    I will not bore you all with the details of what followed, but needless to say, I did not make it back to my B & B for at least a couple of days, and when I did, I was a little drained! I have kept pretty quiet about this til now, not because I thought that I would be disbelieved, but because she probably has a husband somewhere, and I really do not want to piss him off!
    Sorry to derail the thread from Ol' Bigfoot, but I thought this needed to be out in the open finally... hubby would have to swim an awful long way to catch up to me here now...
    It's all Here. Now.

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    That's funny Tone, you just reminded me of something that happened to me when I was living back in the Old Country that had slipped my mind for many years, not really about a "Bigfoot" but similar... I was out riding my mountain bike along the shores of Loch Ness on a biking trip in Scotland, and had a series of mechanicals that put me late getting back to my bed and breakfast. Like you, I was pumping up the trail, head down, when I suddenly heard an unearthly, deep groaning sound from up ahead. Startled, I tried to slow quickly, and in the gloom just in front, a huge dark shape appeared across the trail, and my nostrils were assaulted by an overwhelming, slimy, antediluvian stench such as could only be imagined in nightmares. Of course, like you, I was immediately aroused, and as I slid closer, I could make out at least a dozen large breasts along the underside of this creature, whatever it was. She was huge, scaly, drooling from her maw, and from the look of her massive dinner-plate sized moon-eyes gazing down at me, extremely aroused too.
    I will not bore you all with the details of what followed, but needless to say, I did not make it back to my B & B for at least a couple of days, and when I did, I was a little drained! I have kept pretty quiet about this til now, not because I thought that I would be disbelieved, but because she probably has a husband somewhere, and I really do not want to piss him off!
    Sorry to derail the thread from Ol' Bigfoot, but I thought this needed to be out in the open finally... hubby would have to swim an awful long way to catch up to me here now...
    Hahahahahaha see it seems a few more people have had these experiences, your story has just got me quite aroused....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Saw one in Walmart last year.

Seriously though, being on a mountain bike will give you an advantage/disadvantage to sneak up on wildlife. Most every mammal fears the sound of footsteps. Bike tires do not make this sound.

I have come very close(within a couple of feet) of bears, deer, moose, small game, etc just because I was not walking.

mtbr member
    I got ya, my intend was to be bike related. I should have clarified better.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    This is something that I have thought a lot about. 40 years in the woods and I have seen every animal (except Mtn Lion), that this part of the world has to offer, alive and in their natural setting. But I have never come across any feline or ursus bones though I know for sure they exist. So that test fails. I know many of the people who claim to have seen them may be deluded, insane, or corrupt....but can that be true for every single one? I doubt it. So color me open minded.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskare View Post
    But I have never come across any feline or ursus bones though I know for sure they exist.
    Cats generally go hide somewhere when they die. That's why it's rare to find their bones, but there are plenty of videos and pics of cats coming up to peoples decks, wilderness cams that take pictures when there's movement, radio collars, and all sorts of other stuff. I would agree that with the amount of human dominance and spread, it's highly unlikely there's any "big foot". We've got infra-red cameras for god's sake these days. If someone really saw something that was promising, they could do a search and have it within a few hours most likely.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Tool
    Dated one I found online for awhile (the dating sites are full of them). Not recommended.
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

Tone's, et al, read this:

Oh and since we're currently still in General: BIKES!!!!
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    I would agree that with the amount of human dominance and spread, it's highly unlikely there's any "big foot". We've got infra-red cameras for god's sake these days. If someone really saw something that was promising, they could do a search and have it within a few hours most likely.
    I can't agree with this, and I am surprised you feel this way given you hail from Camino, Ca. - not exactly a 'cosmopolis'. At any rate, the Northwest is loaded with huge tracks of land that have seen very little human presence. And to the extent that humans have been in these places history is replete with stories from seemingly 'normal' people who have had an experience that does not fit into the collective paradigm. I ain't sayin BF is real, but I remain open minded.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I can't agree with this, and I am surprised you feel this way given you hail from Camino, Ca. - not exactly a 'cosmopolis'. At any rate, the Northwest is loaded with huge tracks of land that have seen very little human presence. And to the extent that humans have been in these places history is replete with stories from seemingly 'normal' people who have had an experience that does not fit into the collective paradigm. I ain't sayin BF is real, but I remain open minded.
    I grew up in Camino. About 3 years ago, I went back and visited. The amount of development since I was there about 10 years ago was astonishing (haven't lived there for about 15-17 years). Literally houses everywhere, and while they are not the urban-side-by-side, almost no 2-3 acre plot of land is untouched without a house. From Sky Park, to Pleasant Valley, to Camino, to Placerville, the population density is astonishing for such a "rural" area IMO. Although I liked it for some reasons (and disliked the lack of mtb), I wouldn't want to live there again. Just too dense now and out of control IMO.

Even when I lived there though, we saw turkeys and deer on a daily basis. Mountain lions, raccoons were semi-often spotted, as well as the occasional bear. Our area was up against some forest land, and due to how rural it was in Rancho Del Sol, it was kind of a "nature preserve" within the greater area. I'm not sure what growing up in a rural area has to do with it, but it wasn't "that" rural, even though I frequently went into the woods and back-areas by myself (up 50, Crystal Basin, 88, Strawberry Canyon, Mormon Emigrant).

Look at the new species that are being found, generally very small stuff, stuff that looks similar to other animals, so they weren't noticed, insects, marine life at the bottom of the ocean, etc. I'll say it again, there are cameras people place in the wilderness that take pictures when they sense movement, infra-red cams, airborne wildlife surveys, and people everywhere with cameras and video recorders (cell-phones). It's pretty unlikely now that these things exist. Maybe not 100%, but it's getting to 99.99 or so...

And there are plenty of reports and stories of paranormal and supernatural things. Why? People are presented with a situation that either has incomplete information (it was dark, I was far away, etc) or a situation that doesn't make emotional-sense to them (why would that happen? There's got to be a better answer!) and their mind fills in the blanks. They aren't intending to "make stuff up", nor do they actively think that they are, but it's well documented in human nature to invent false stories and report things that weren't there or weren't true. A good example would be UFOs. I've seen 2, and one other one as a pilot while flying. Does that mean "aliens"? No, it just means UFOs. If I wasn't so critical of myself, I could easily fall into the trap of thinking it has to be aliens or something equally fantastic and impossible. There could also be a more complex answer that is amazing and hard to believe, but there's nothing to prove that. I would need a lot more information and filling of the "gaps" by information and not fiction.

"Wanting to believe" is a very powerful thing.
    Last edited by Jayem; 01-07-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    I grew up in Camino. About 3 years ago, I went back and visited. The amount of development since I was there about 5 years ago was astonishing. Literally houses everywhere, and while they are not the urban-side-by-side, almost no 2-3 acre plot of land is untouched without a house. From Sky Park, to Pleasant Valley, to Camino, to Placerville, the population density is astonishing for such a "rural" area IMO. Although I liked it for some reasons (and disliked the lack of mtb), I wouldn't want to live there again. Just too dense now and out of control IMO.

Even when I lived there though, we saw turkeys and deer on a daily basis. Mountain lions, raccoons were semi-often spotted, as well as the occasional bear. Our area was up against some forest land, and due to how rural it was in Rancho Del Sol, it was kind of a "nature preserve" within the greater area. I'm not sure what growing up in a rural area has to do with it, but it wasn't "that" rural, even though I frequently went into the woods and back-areas by myself (up 50, Crystal Basin, 88, Strawberry Canyon, Mormon Emigrant).

Look at the new species that are being found, generally very small stuff, stuff that looks similar to other animals, so they weren't noticed, insects, marine life at the bottom of the ocean, etc. I'll say it again, there are cameras people place in the wilderness that take pictures when they sense movement, infra-red cams, airborne wildlife surveys, and people everywhere with cameras and video recorders (cell-phones). It's pretty unlikely now that these things exist. Maybe not 100%, but it's getting to 99.99 or so...

And there are plenty of reports and stories of paranormal and supernatural things. Why? People are presented with a situation that either has incomplete information (it was dark, I was far away, etc) or a situation that doesn't make emotional-sense to them (why would that happen? There's got to be a better answer!) and their mind fills in the blanks. They aren't intending to "make stuff up", nor do they actively think that they are, but it's well documented in human nature to invent false stories and report things that weren't there or weren't true.
    Yep, I get both components of your argument. The objective info gathering really is accelerating, so that will soon likely either produce something, or not, and not, more and more, means 'no, it ain't there'. And the other part, involving human interpretation, is indisputable. On point, just the other day I witnessed and simultaneously filmed (on my cell phone) an event. The narrative I had in my brain was crystal clear to me, until a few days later when I watched the video. And I was sober. Amazing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyRay View Post
    Around here, I'd say you had an encounter with a crackhead, only fleas don't live on crackheads.
    Well, around here we might say you purchased a sixer of SN Bigfoots.

I once went to the SN tap room and ordered a pitcher of BF. I intended to sit at the bar a while and then join some friends for dinner at a table....so the other half of the pitcher would been shared by 3 others. The bar keep just nodded his head 'NO'. I explained, he still said "no". He might know something I don't.

Elitest thrill junkie
    The narrative I had in my brain was crystal clear to me, until a few days later when I watched the video. And I was sober. Amazing.
    Yep. As an accident investigator, it's amazing how eyewitnesses are the best and worst type of evidence at the same time. The things they've reported have been completely impossible and against many other pieces of evidence, yet they've been able to fill in the blanks and provide crucial evidence and missing parts in some situations. There are some advanced interviewing techniques that help to overcome some of the "interference", but in the end, we're all human.

'11 Opus Strat
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post

Do I believe in Big Foot? I did for sure up through my twenties and I had some doubt through my thirties. My forties brought more doubt. I'm 51 now and I am absolutely positive it's a bunch of crap. No bones have ever been found or fossils or real footage or a dead one. Too much time has gone by with too few uninhabited places to hide. With too much population growth with humans for no proof positive evidence ever coming to light. The dudes on that Big Foot show have a serious mental sickness to dedicate their life to hunting down a myth.
    Exactly!!, There is more trace of ancient humans ( cro-magnon man "cave men" ) than a 7-8ft bush beast going COMPLETELY unnoticed for over 100's of years.
    I am all for evolution, but you can't even say big foot is a 'theory', no evidence has ever been found, no DNA trace, just doesn't fit in the line up..

And I know the show you are talking about ( if it is the same one ) That woman who looks like a sasquatch herself is the only one with any brains, the other two morons are bellowing like wookies in a bush waiting for a response back...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnt2012 View Post
    ...the other two morons are bellowing like wookies in a bush waiting for a response back...
    I think I found a new sig quote. Too bad I'm out of rep for the day.

I visited Loch Ness once. All I saw was rain. Lots of rain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast