Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 81
  1. #1
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,880

    Apart from World Peace... Wishes for 2014?

    Since we seem hell-bent on chasing our tails continually and losing sight of the desire for World Peace, what else that may be more realistic would you like to see in 2014? Not necessarily for us all, but in your life?

    Personally, I would like for Coke to stop making ads that include ridiculously pristine-white and stupidly happy Polar Bears, and for MTBR to do something about the reset when you scroll down in the forum list. It seems that just as I am about to hit the Off-Camber link, the screen resets and I have to scroll down a second time... Those Little Things!!!
    It's all Here. Now.

  2. #2
    Pro Thread Skimmer
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,706
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Since we seem hell-bent on chasing our tails continually and losing sight of the desire for World Peace, what else that may be more realistic would you like to see in 2014? Not necessarily for us all, but in your life?

    Personally, I would like for Coke to stop making ads that include ridiculously pristine-white and stupidly happy Polar Bears, and for MTBR to do something about the reset when you scroll down in the forum list. It seems that just as I am about to hit the Off-Camber link, the screen resets and I have to scroll down a second time... Those Little Things!!!
    I think there has actually been a motion picture made now with those exact polar bear characters!

    World peace would ultimately bring humanity together as a whole. It's just about the answer to all the trouble here on Earth.

  3. #3
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I think there has actually been a motion picture made now with those exact polar bear characters!

    World peace would ultimately bring humanity together as a whole. It's just about the answer to all the trouble here on Earth.
    So it's World Peace for you then Hawg?
    It's all Here. Now.

  4. #4
    summertime sadness
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,981
    This world is never going to see peace until it eradicates the humans from it's surface.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

  5. #5
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    This world is never going to see peace until it eradicates the humans from it's surface.
    +1 for Optimism!
    It's all Here. Now.

  6. #6
    summertime sadness
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,981
    Idealism is ideal, but realism is real. Humans are just not very peaceful mammals.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

  7. #7
    Pro Thread Skimmer
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,706
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    So it's World Peace for you then Hawg?
    Yes, that is my hope because like I said before, it would solve many if not most of the problems that are tied in.

  8. #8
    Pro Thread Skimmer
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,706
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    This world is never going to see peace until it eradicates the humans from it's surface.
    Agreed. Only Lord's will remain...

  9. #9
    summertime sadness
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,981
    Hawg, given your status in the universe, can't you just "blink your eyes" and make it happen?
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

  10. #10
    FBI tested, NSA approved!
    Reputation: Forster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,556
    Brakes that will stay adjusted and not require annual bleeding? I've never bled the brakes in my Honda and it has 118,000 miles. My Avids? Weekly cleaning, monthly adjusting and yearly bleeding.

  11. #11
    Pro Thread Skimmer
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,706
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Hawg, given your status in the universe, can't you just "blink your eyes" and make it happen?
    Oh no, I am but a messenger. I too answer to a higher power.

  12. #12
    Pro Thread Skimmer
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    Brakes that will stay adjusted and not require annual bleeding? I've never bled the brakes in my Honda and it has 118,000 miles. My Avids? Weekly cleaning, monthly adjusting and yearly bleeding.
    That's because you are not putting as many miles on your bike as you are on your Honda, annually.

  13. #13
    summertime sadness
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    Brakes that will stay adjusted and not require annual bleeding? I've never bled the brakes in my Honda and it has 118,000 miles. My Avids? Weekly cleaning, monthly adjusting and yearly bleeding.
    Do not despair, for there is always HopeŽ!
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

  14. #14
    summertime sadness
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Oh no, I am but a messenger. I too answer to a higher power.
    So you're not a South African Genie making history?
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

  15. #15
    Pro Thread Skimmer
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,706
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    So you're not a South African Genie making history?
    I am only an e-personality. A simpler life form capable of accomplishing so much more.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,089
    a life in the loam (on a dialled ride) with good folk to shred about with
    and to build a grand table in which to sit, drink and be merry and to tell of tales about shred
    perhaps a castle around that table...

  17. #17
    ****** to the ski hills
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Hawg, given your status in the universe, can't you just "blink your eyes" and make it happen?
    Last time he blinked the power went out in Southern Ontario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    http://thewoodgallery.blogspot.ca/

  18. #18
    banned
    Reputation: random walk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,666
    Just a few off the top of my head:

    1. A cure for cancer.
    2. Every existing and future child predator is instantly vaporized, ŕ la War of the Worlds, upon their next lewd thought.
    3. An end to violence against women. Similar consequences as #2 above.
    4. An end to animal cruelty. Similar consequences as #2 above.
    5. Etc.
    6. My aging father, in the early stages of dementia, does not forget his grandchildren before he passes.
    7. San Diego pulls its head out of its ass on the issue of accessible open space and recreational trails.

  19. #19
    summertime sadness
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,981
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    Last time he blinked the power went out in Southern Ontario.

    Then he farted and started a civil was in Syria.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

  20. #20
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,680
    I want a puppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  21. #21
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by random walk View Post
    Just a few off the top of my head:

    1. A cure for cancer.
    2. Every existing and future child predator is instantly vaporized, ŕ la War of the Worlds, upon their next lewd thought.
    3. An end to violence against women. Similar consequences as #2 above.
    4. An end to animal cruelty. Similar consequences as #2 above.
    5. Etc.
    6. My aging father, in the early stages of dementia, does not forget his grandchildren before he passes.
    7. San Diego pulls its head out of its ass on the issue of accessible open space and recreational trails.
    Regarding #7 RW, I did mention these should try to be realistic?!?
    It's all Here. Now.

  22. #22
    Official Official
    Reputation: manbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    445
    i win the lottery.....

  23. #23
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,189
    To keep my sh*t in order and society quits getting butthurt over anything and everything.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,170
    A random ninja rampage every week.
    A suitcase full of money gets thrown out of a random highrise office building in every major city every day.
    Star Wars speeder bikes and light sabres.

  25. #25
    Pro Thread Skimmer
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,706
    Quote Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    A random ninja rampage every week.
    A suitcase full of money gets thrown out of a random highrise office building in every major city every day.
    Star Wars speeder bikes and light sabres.
    After reading aerius' wishlist, I'd like to add the following for my own personal needs:

    An Elfin made sword that glows blue when the Ork Trolls show up here to start trouble.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 World Cup Thread
    By rockyuphill in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 774
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 02:08 PM
  2. 2014 World cup - Cairns Australia
    By jeffgre_6163 in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 05:11 AM
  3. 2014 gt fury world cup frames: when?
    By jasonjm in forum GT
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 04:35 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 07:27 PM
  5. Trek World USA 2014 when?
    By bob_m in forum Trek
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •