human dehumidifier

Anyone had a secret room in their house?

****. - Imgur

And if you did, what would you keep down there?

Part 2
    Remember me? - Imgur
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

check your six
    I am a little skeptical on that story. Creepy none the less.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

human dehumidifier
    The first section appealed to my imagination (family leaves to return to India, leaves one of many children behind, now can't afford to return, it's been living there since)

The second part was a total buzz kill though. From that and some of the comments there I'm now imagining it as her little bro's wank room, and he's not saying jack (p.n.i.) about it, nosiree.
    Last edited by wv_bob; 11-16-2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: grammer is impotent
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

Weird huh?
    This was all over Reddit a couple days back. Total BS.
    And don't do the burrito jump... Francois

usually cranky
    without a doubt tone's has atleast several secret rooms.

official eMpTyBRain
    If I had a secret room, I would store all my skeletons inside because the closet is no longer big enough to hold them all.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    When I build a house from scratch it may have one or two. Figure I need a safe room, walk in gun safe, dungeon and hidden man cave the wife and kids do not know of.

No Stranger to danger....
    yes.....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Non-disclosed items.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

I have no doubt about the secret rooms. It's not all that uncommon. The interpretation of what's been going on in said secret room is where I have my doubts. I think the evidence is clear enough that the items in the room are left over from the previous owners who moved to India. That elephant statue looks like it may be from India. The key has a symbol on it that looks like it may come from Sanskrit or similar. Maybe to a chest or cabinet of some kind. Looks like more of a decorative thing than anything.

And to the comments asking about blueprints....I've never seen blueprints for an existing home. I bought a house brand spanking new and never got to look at any blueprints of the interior for room dimensions or any of that. Land survey for outside, sure. No blueprints.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    If I ever build a house, it'll likely have secret rooms. I like the secret man-cave and walk in gun safe ideas.

U sayin' Bolt ?
    The house I grew up in was built by a guy who escaped the nazi concentration camps. Behind a fake wall panel was a huge steel door with massive solid steel latches. The door led into a solid concrete bomb shelter. Down a staircase led to a short winding hall which openned up into a 15'x25' shelter complete with six bunk beds, a toilet and sink, a safe and another burly steel door that openned to a solid concrete escape tunnel which exited into the bushes across the street.

I wish I still lived around there, I would post some pictures. That house was no joke, the amount of concrete and solid granite rock that guy put into that place was ridiculous.

High Desert MTBer
    I am in the process of building a secret underground bunker into which I am collecting 2 each of every kind of animal. Running short of concrete and shovels quickly tho...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    I have no doubt about the secret rooms. It's not all that uncommon. The interpretation of what's been going on in said secret room is where I have my doubts. I think the evidence is clear enough that the items in the room are left over from the previous owners who moved to India. That elephant statue looks like it may be from India. The key has a symbol on it that looks like it may come from Sanskrit or similar. Maybe to a chest or cabinet of some kind. Looks like more of a decorative thing than anything.

And to the comments asking about blueprints....I've never seen blueprints for an existing home. I bought a house brand spanking new and never got to look at any blueprints of the interior for room dimensions or any of that. Land survey for outside, sure. No blueprints.
    The blueprints part raised my suspicion too.. but so did the update about "a few weeks for DNA".. a few weeks for DNA processing? The local lab in this area takes at least a month for HOMICIDES!! Cases like this? It would take at least 6 months...
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser