Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I didn't do it

Anybody watching Breaking Bad?

I've really enjoyed Breaking Bad and I'll hate to see it go. But unlike some series I think its cool that they've had this planned long ago so that way the story will come to some sort of orderly end. Looks like Walter White is heading WAY over the deep end. Talk about an evolving character.

Down to two more episodes, I'll enjoy them while they last.

mtbr member
    Yep, It's been a good show and unlike others I can think of, say Lost or Dexter it's not
    overstaying it's welcome.
    UGG boots will germinate Paris Hilton like intellect in your soles!

I didn't do it
    Totally agree. The story is still highly compelling. And I'm going out on a limb here but I don't think we're going to find out that this has all been a dream!

mtbr member

My wife got me into it last year. I have recorded to earlier episodes and gotten myself all wrapped up.
    Last weeks episode was insane. So match crazy **** going down. Can't wait for tonight.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

I didn't do it
    ^Wait until you see it from the start then all this will be even better.

human dehumidifier
    They're starting a marathon on Wednesday, showing all episodes leading up to the finale on Sunday.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

I didn't do it
    It might be fun to drop in and revisit some of the more classic parts.

usually cranky
    best show on tv.

I didn't do it
    Hollywood agrees, Breaking Bad got the Emmy for outstanding drama series last night. I pretty much agree as well.

mtbr member
    Cranston should have won Leading Actor as well. Awesome series and one of my all time favorites!!
    2013 SC Tallboy C
    2011 Niner EMD9

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by gdtrfb24 View Post
    Cranston should have won Leading Actor as well. Awesome series and one of my all time favorites!!
    No kidding, that's really surprising to me that he didn't win.

No Stranger to danger....
    Great show, i dont have foxtel so im a few years behind here on free to air, im still watching the series where he blows the burger joint boss up in the nursing home by putting explosives in some old ex boss's wheel chair, what series am i watching?

This year is the first time ive seen this show, and im not a big modern tv person, but this show rocks, just drama after drama, action packed, im a fan big time, great US show.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    I love Breaking Bad. I am new to this show and I was watching it on Netflix. I stay glued to the tv when this is one, which makes me not very productive, but I love seeing how his character evolves! One of the last episodes I watched was when he blew up the drug dealer's building when he beat the crap out of the kid (you know the one that drives the Monte Carlo) and took the drugs from him.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

I'm your density
    Started watching on Netflix a couple years ago, at a point watching 3-4 episodes a day to catch up (late nights & early mornings).

Last year I dropped cable, so I'm always a day behind since I have to wait to stream it until after it airs.

Just a great show. Aside from one disturbing development, the last episode seemed to be letting us all take a deep breath between the previous episode (the best so far IMO) and the last one coming up this weekend.
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    Ty Webb

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by random walk View Post
    Just a great show. Aside from one disturbing development, the last episode seemed to be letting us all take a deep breath between the previous episode (the best so far IMO) and the last one coming up this weekend.
    The series seems to be good about doing that. One or two slow episodes and BAMM!! They kick you in the nuts with some crazy ****.

pin it
    Anybody watching Breaking Bad?-1380013_731327243547668_470075340_n.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

I'm your density
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    Ty Webb

High Desert MTBer
    Finale SPOILER ALERT!!!

Don't know if anyone else was disappointed by the finale? I thought after all the hype, it was a lame duck... OK, but just that... certainly didn't merit all the hyperbole around it. I mean, how did mr White become a ballistics expert like he demonstrated? How would he leave so much to chance with his final play against the gang? How did he know the car could be parked just so? how would he know that they would all be standing up? how would he know the bullets would penetrate the walls? Just so many variables that would have to be JUST RIGHT for the game to work... That is just not his MO, he is usually so meticulous.
    One thing tho, Jesse is out there and ready for "Breaking Worse", and was Walter REALLY DEAD!??!!?
    It's all Here. Now.

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    He is a science teacher. Moral of the story? No matter what you thought, your high school science teacher was BAD ASSED!!

The final play didn't matter in his mind. He was on the last days of the lung cancer so he went in knowing he was going to die. Obviously he wanted to take as many of Uncle Jacks crew with him as possible. The gun (m60?) and the munitions was more than enough to penetrate any residential construction. Since Walt had been there already, he was familiar on the layout of the room. He did the calculations on paper to figure out the best parking situation. If you remember, when he was being guided in to park, against the advice of Uncle Jack's right hand man, he parked adjacent to the house. Now, I will give you the fact that he got all except Todd (so Jessie could extract personal revenge for the murder of his girlfriend) and only wounded Uncle Jack was a too neat, it was fricken awesome!

This is TV, not reality. All of it is based on fact but there was a lot of neatly cut ragged ends. Enjoy it for what it was, a fictitious TV show. Don't get too caught up in the reality aspect.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

mtbr member
    The final episode was great. It neatly wrapped up everything and brought everything to a neat conclusion. Other than Jesse taking off, there is no loose ends. Walt is dead. That was clear. Walt's family will be taken care of with the trust set up by the Swarzes. Marie will get Hank's body back. The Nazi scum bags are done and dead.
    There is zero possibility of a spin off series. Vince Gilligan and his crew of writers made sure of the that. It was a priority for them. Most of the cast have new shows of their own on other networks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    The final episode was great. It neatly wrapped up everything and brought everything to a neat conclusion. Other than Jesse taking off, there is no loose ends. Walt is dead. That was clear. Walt's family will be taken care of with the trust set up by the Swarzes. Marie will get Hank's body back. The Nazi scum bags are done and dead.
    There is zero possibility of a spin off series. Vince Gilligan and his crew of writers made sure of the that. It was a priority for them. Most of the cast have new shows of their own on other networks.
    Enter Saul Goodman spinoff!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZmyDust View Post
    Enter Saul Goodman spinoff!

I've heard rumors about that. But I think Bob Odenkirk might be a little busy with his show on IFC.

The Birthday Boys

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    but what about poor Huell
    Huell Waits - YouTube

High Desert MTBer
    Ah! It was great? Hmmm, meh... I am afraid I do not share your opinion... just too much that did not merit the buildup. I guess it did tie up a bunch of loose ends, but I don't think you can wrap up by saying "Other than Jesse taking off", that's a big 'other than'... It was all just too 'pat' for me... Like I said, too much left to chance, and we still have Huell, Saul, Jesse, and Walt to come back as a Zombie no doubt.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by canker View Post
    but what about poor Huell
    Huell Waits - YouTube
    LOL forgot about poor Huell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast