clown question, bro

Any [video] gamers in the house?

I'm all up in the OC tonight.

Anyone 'round these parts enjoy alternate, pixalated realities? I'm guessing there won't be many since gaming is antithetical to the 'getting off the couch and going outside' lifestyle, but I live in WI. Winter is a fantastic time for plopping on the couch to gain all the weight I lost over the summer back.

And for those of you that are gamers, one question: GTA V? Going to be a great game or the greatest game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    Are we just ignoring balls? Lol

official eMpTyBRain
    I play Pokemon online games
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

High Desert MTBer
    I am still trying to work out Solitaire...
    It's all Here. Now.

clown question, bro
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I am still trying to work out Solitaire...
    Solitaire is a cruel mistress.

Oh, the huge-meh-nity
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I play Pokemon online games
    Hey, you have to at least drop a link so we can critique your taste.

Got Skyrim for PC when it came out, last one I bought. Was decent for the money, and as you say, nice for when the trails are crap. Unfortunately, Steam sucks a fat one--nothing like paying sixty bucks to have some BS licensing software running on your computer all the time. No longer supporting the consoles, since they're basically crippled computers that you can get sued for fixing... Future of 'big' games is turning to BS, indy games are the only ones worth supporting...

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppy View Post
    And for those of you that are gamers, one question: GTA V? Going to be a great game or the greatest game?
    When the first day below freezing hits, I dust off the playstation or Xbox. I enjoy spending some winter days getting lost in a game. As for GTAV, I feel it is going to be the greatest game ever. I have been following the game since they made mention of it 4 years ago. And since it comes out next week, I may have to dust off the console a little sooner.

mtbr member
    I play video games vicariously thru my son...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I like to game but I have been in a lull lately, mainly because nothing captures my interest ATM. I played the hell out of Skyrim and loved it. I have a weird peeve where I don't like 3rd person shooters. I think it's from playing WoW until it felt like a crappy job.

Anyways I like the look of the new GTA but I'm pretty sure they will skip 1st person because of the raping and what not. I mean 3rd person is OK but 1st person is just going too far (sarcasm).

Live 2 Ride
    Final Fantasy. That's about all I play.
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

U sayin' Bolt ?
    I have a PS3 and still think it is pretty fantastic in terms of games, blu-rays, netflix etc.

I think GTA5 will be a heckuva game as long as they still have motorcycles! In fact, they need to bring back bicycles too!

I remember Vice City had great motorcycle mechanics where you could launch off curbs etc with relative ease. San Andreas had the bicycles. They need to combine the two!

mtbr member
    I play RPGs and Sports/fighting games on my PS3 and PC that are hooked up to my 50" plasma. I have always loved a good RPG ever since I was a wee little lad. I have been getting into some fun ones on my phone. Final Fantasy III and a new one called Gurk iii (super old school and awesome). Phone games are just much more convenient because i have it with me at all times.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by knutso View Post
    I have a PS3 and still think it is pretty fantastic in terms of games, blu-rays, netflix etc.

I think GTA5 will be a heckuva game as long as they still have motorcycles! In fact, they need to bring back bicycles too!

I remember Vice City had great motorcycle mechanics where you could launch off curbs etc with relative ease. San Andreas had the bicycles. They need to combine the two!
    I can confirm that bicycles and motos are in GTAV, as well as customization of said vehicles. Go to You Tube and check out a few of the new trailers, it looks pretty amazing. They had a long time to put this game together and it seems they have thought of everything. I am looking forward to the new multiplayer platform in GTAV. My brother lives in CO, so it's fun to get onlinie with him, playing and BS'ing.

mtbr member
    I like RPG's and fighting games. I stick with SNES, PS3, and PS2 games. Been into Street Fighter 4 and all of its iterations for the past 4 years but haven't played in a few months now.

addicted to chunk
    I used to play a little, really enjoy the god of war type games & of course gran turismo. I don't play anymore because it chews up so much time! Rather be riding.
    Riding.....

High Desert MTBer
    Truth be told, I am crap at any game I have ever tried, (Almost none, and none for the last 10 years at least), and I have no patience for that kind of thing. I would actually prefer to spend any free time trying to figure out the best way thru that rock drop up on Wild Mustang than how to zap that triple-breasted thug-beastette from the planet Rumpp with my Snargblaster... Or am I living in the past still?
    It's all Here. Now.

removing nudity
    We got the kids a Wii a few years ago for xmas and to be honest I never really got into because of the cartoon nature of that system. About 2 months ago we won a Xbox 360 at a charity night. I love driving sims and the boy has been nagging for need For Speed games for ages. Quick google search recommended Race Pro as the best racing sim for XBox, picked up a 2nd hand copy for $7 and damn how much fun is it! Very addictive. NFS Shift is also fun but that's about it.

Oh hang on, I also love to play old 80's arcade games online like Galaga

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    two words: oculus rift....
    occasional cyclist

official eMpTyBRain
    I just finished playing 3 different games on this website. Blame it on my daughter.

Drifloon's Fill & Float! | Fun Zone | Pokemon.com
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

clown question, bro
    I loved Gran Turismo but I was massively disappointed in the most recent one. Sure is pretty, though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by derekbob View Post
    I think it's from playing WoW until it felt like a crappy job.
    Haven't gamed in two years because of this ^^^

That game ruined most other games for me.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ZmyDust View Post
    Haven't gamed in two years because of this ^^^

That game ruined most other games for me.
    Hasn't been quite 2 years, but basically this. Overdose of wow = no desire to sit in front of any game ever again. I have tried a few times with a few games, and each time i get that "i need to keep going to accomplish XXXXXXX" feeling i am done.

Now, pardon me while i get get my bike ready for a ride. Need to put in some training miles today so i can keep up with........ HEY!!! WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    I have never got into the GTA games, I'm more into rpgs. Played all the FFs games going back to the NES. I spent to much time playing Halo online with a 10 close friends every night, one good thing about having crap internet now. Last winter is the last time I played, it was Mass Affect 3.
    My wife on the other hand is a big time gamer/nerd! shes into modding her PSP and Xbox. Shes plays all the zeldas, metroid, and most rpgs.
    We were just saying that we need a new game. We have to get two games when we get one because we will fight over who gets to play it first.
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

clown question, bro
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    I have never got into the GTA games, I'm more into rpgs. Played all the FFs games going back to the NES. I spent to much time playing Halo online with a 10 close friends every night, one good thing about having crap internet now. Last winter is the last time I played, it was Mass Affect 3.
    My wife on the other hand is a big time gamer/nerd! shes into modding her PSP and Xbox. Shes plays all the zeldas, metroid, and most rpgs.
    We were just saying that we need a new game. We have to get two games when we get one because we will fight over who gets to play it first.
    I never got too much into RPGs [though I do enjoy Fallout and Skyrim... if you count that].

Tried for ages to get the fiance into gaming; still not much luck aside from Tetris for SNES.

Less than a week for GTA V though. Super stoked!