Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    AZ
    banned

No good Anti Stuporbowl thread.

Post up if you have no intention of watching "The Big Game". Haters are exempt from posting.

Cow Clicker
    Is it football season?
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    Is it football season?

Somewhere. you can tell by all the "experts" who armchair quarterback every Mon. I woner if any of them even played?

Ride More, Whine Less
    I will have the game on mostly as an excuse to eat homemade hot wings and watch commercials.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    Somewhere. you can tell by all the "experts" who armchair quarterback every Mon. I woner if any of them even played?
    If only coach would have put me in that last quarter, we would've taken state. And I'd be out there as a pro now.

High Desert MTBer
    Way too many years ago to count, when I lived in the old country, Channel 4 used to show the Superbowl, and a good friend of mine who was a pro soccer player always threw a Superbowl party at his house. He was a Scotsman and invariably pulled out a good bottle of whiskey to 'sip' while we watched. I do not remember ever making it past the first quarter as it was only ever him and I who were 'sipping', and I never knew what the hell was going on anyway, so no worries... I never tried to watch it again, and almost certainly never will.
    It's all Here. Now.

workin' it Administrator
    I watch one american football game a year. This is it. Don't watch College ball, don't watch the Grey Cup, don't watch the thousands of monday night football games. Frankly don't like it that much. But the sheer insanity of the playoff games in any sport just elevate the game to its best level. There is no phoning it in in these games, Olympics, World Cup, etc. It is sometimes a tutorial on how to play the game the best (sometimes not).

On the other hand if there is a bike ride and the weather is nice, football game'll have to wait until I am done.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Who's playing?
    Nah, not watching it. The biggest bike swap of the year is that day (Blaine, MN). Gonna have new toys to play with instead!

mtbr member
    I think the superbowl kept people off the trails today. Compared to yesterday my local trails were packed. I'll probably stay off of Facebook all day because the newsfeed is full of the same commentary from different people regarding the game.

Live 2 Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymouseTech View Post
    I think the superbowl kept people off the trails today. Compared to yesterday my local trails were packed. I'll probably stay off of Facebook all day because the newsfeed is full of the same commentary from different people regarding the game.
    Not possible. The Superbowl hasn't been played yet. Just the divisional championship games today.
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Big games mean better snowboarding. No one skis on Super Bowl Sunday so I get the mountain to myself. Then I go raid my nearest friends leftover feast and beer.

duh
    wait what does the superbowl have to do with soccer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I'm more of a college basketball fan, or MLB if St Louis is doing well. I hardly ever watch TV. Maybe I will watch the Superbowl if I happen to think of it when it's on and if I am doing nothing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    Not possible. The Superbowl hasn't been played yet. Just the divisional championship games today.
    Oh I see. I figured with how crazy people are getting about it that it was. LOL

official eMpTyBRain
    I only keep up with USA pro sports when the play-offs start. I almost always watch the Stuperbowl, World Serious, and The Finulz.

Now way in hell I'm gonna miss the Stuperbowl! That's the one day when my Mother & Father-in-law invite me (alone) to watch the game on their super high tech, gigantic LCD LED HDTV and they have a huge spread of goodies and drinks to enjoy!

I'm certainly no sports buff but I have to say that one of the funnest things there is to experience is a live sports game. The crowd's energy is amazing!

But, I have to ask you guys here who are anti-superbowl, where's your pride for your country?
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post

But, I have to ask you guys here who are anti-superbowl, where's your pride for your country?

Pride in our country = hero worshiping felons and primadonnas? That right there is whats wrong with this country.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    Pride in our country = hero worshiping felons and primadonnas? That right there is whats wrong with this country.
    It's not about the players, it's about the event. You wanna make it about the individuals, you'll never be at peace with yourself. Try compassion, it's the only way to see things from all points of view.

Remember: The only thing that is perfect, is imperfection...

We are all guilty of that.

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post

official eMpTyBRain
    I give up...

Here I am trying to rally the troops and you guys are just getting offended.

Cow Clicker
    Not offended, but shocked that watching football = country pride. Popular American sports just weren't big in my family growing up. I don't play WoW, but this pretty much sums up my life in pop culture:

Probably drunk right now
    I'll watch it. I'm doing a 63 mile ride te day before. I imagine I'll be completely ragged out and vertical on the couch on Super Bowl Sunday.

Sent from my rotary phone and compiled with a telegraph machine.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

PRETENDURO
    Aha! That must be why rowdy neighbours have been shouting and yelling all day. I thought the Super Bowl was the first weekend of Feburary though, since there is a roadieboy bike ride that day to the top of Mount Hamilton and back. Am I confused?

Anyhow, American football is a pussy sport. The Australians/Irish/Welsh/etc. have it right with proper rugby.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    Not offended, but shocked that watching football = country pride. Popular American sports just weren't big in my family growing up. I don't play WoW, but this pretty much sums up my life in pop culture:
    I was just doing the "baseball, apple pie, and Chevrolet" thing. Is that a bad analogy, a bad assumption on my part? Has the USA turned that dark?

Ride More, Whine Less
    Ask a European about the World Cup and see if there isn't national pride with sporting events.

Cow Clicker
    Oh, and the "World Series" Cracks me up

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast