Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657
Results 2,801 to 2,849 of 2849
  1. #2801
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    You guys out west have all the fun. I can't even ride this weekend, too rainy.

    Regulated to taking Jett hiking.
    Betcha Jett doesn't care if you guys are riding or hiking.

  2. #2802
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,382
    Here's a sampling of what we rode through today. It's roller coaster ride, no doubt!

    <iframe width="960" height="540" src="http://contour.com/stories/riding-with-randyboy/embed?map=false&width=960px&height=540px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

  3. #2803
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    That looked like lots of fun!!

  4. #2804
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    'hawg, awesome video. I would love to ride a trail like that.

  5. #2805
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,491
    Really cool trail!
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  6. #2806
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,382
    RandyBoy deserves huge credit here. He helped to build that beauty. It goes on like that for a few miles before the creek bed opens up and flattens out. Then a short uphill grind to where you catch the next trail which is a subtle version of the first. A bit more beginner friendly but fun and fast nonetheless. We hit a third section that ultimately dumped us out near the bottom of the nearly 5 mile fire road climb we did to get to the top.
    Last edited by Hawg; 12-28-2012 at 09:51 PM.

  7. #2807
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    I'll let AHawgs hubs do the talking.

  8. #2808
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    RandyBoy deserves huge credit here. He helped to build that beauty. It goes on like that for a few miles before the creek bed opens up and flattens out. Then a short uphill grind to where you catch the next trail which is a subtle version of the first. A bit more beginner friendly but fun and fast nonetheless. We hit a third section that ultimately dumped us out near the bottom of the nearly 5 mile fire road climb we did to get to the top.
    I'd say that bit of video really captured the flavor du jour. Very cool. I am thinking we did about 13 or 14 miles today, all said and done.
    Last edited by Boyonabyke; 12-28-2012 at 10:21 PM.

  9. #2809
    gran jefe
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,688
    wow, that IS a rollercoaster! nice trail!

  10. #2810
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,382
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    I'll let AHawgs hubs do the talking.
    My noisy hubs are like a built in alarm for Trail Cougars.

    The buzzing sound translates to: "I'm coming for you, baby!"

  11. #2811
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    My noisy hubs are like a built in alarm for Trail Cougars.

    The buzzing sound translates to: "I'm coming for you, baby!"
    Or"I'd do ya right here in the bushes, but your bike is just so annoyingly LOUD." Just messin with you, my hubs are all loud too. I don't like quiet bikes.

  12. #2812
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    .. I don't like quiet bikes.
    so do you loosen up the linkage bolts too, maybe put bells on the spokes?

    I don't get this way of thinking - and will now make a thread for it

    and, here it is
    WTF do People Actually Seek LOUD Hubs??? - Mtbr Forums
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  13. #2813
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Here's a sampling of what we rode through today. It's roller coaster ride, no doubt!
    I would LOVE to ride that trail! Then again, we probably have the same kind of trail around here somewhere. I just have to find and record it .

    I am happy to report that my riding partner Matthew is feeling much better after his crash just over a week ago. We went on a short singlespeed ride and rode those same short steep Land Park pimples that we climbed when I first bought my singlespeed.

    This was his first ride since the crash, I believe. The impact cracked his helmet, so I gave him my previous Bell helmet that I quit using when I bought my newer one.

    Here's part of our ride: Bike Ride Profile | Singlespeed ride with Matthew near Sacramento | Times and Records | Strava

    Singlespeed ride with Matthew by freighttraininguphill at Garmin Connect - Details

    The only mishap was a dropped chain on Matthew's bike because it was too loose.

    He is ready for the Hammerin' Wheels Beatty hill repeat challenge on New Years Day, and so am I. I believe the singlespeed riding has made us both a little stronger. Of course we will be riding geared bikes on Beatty!

    He had his GoPro camera on his helmet, and his footage of the ride looked and sounded much better than mine, so here it is complete with the chain incident.

    Singlespeed ride with Matthew 12-28-12 - YouTube
    <iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BN304Bx6sCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    I think I'm going to start using my GoPro on my helmet too. It sounds much better than my ContourHD.

  14. #2814
    gran jefe
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,688
    helmet mount is nice because you can see what the rider is looking at. you lose a lot of perception of speed and terrain on trails.

  15. #2815
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,382
    Due to the size of this thread, I think it is our best interest to create a new thread for fun and sharing.

    In an effort to keep this thread from growing any larger, please continue at this link:.

    All About Bikes, Vol. 2

  16. #2816
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,895
    Someone has to have the final word here.

  17. #2817
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    I agree
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  18. #2818
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Yes!

  19. #2819
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Due to the size of this thread, I think it is our best interest to create a new thread for fun and sharing.

    In an effort to keep this thread from growing any larger, please continue at this link:.

    All About Bikes, Vol. 2
    I don't get it.

    What does the size of the thread have to do with anything?

    All that creating another thread does is kill the original one slowly.

    What is the BENEFIT gained by creating another thread?

    Honestly... ahh I give up

  20. #2820
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    And a final video... signifying The End, hint hint... A Hawg!

  21. #2821
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,895
    sounds good RandyBoy!

  22. #2822
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,895
    ^ reported

  23. #2823
    see me rollin, they hatin
    Reputation: NicoleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,618
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Ummm, girlfriend? So before you watched RandyBoy's video clip up above, did you consider us to be sub-human or super-human?

    Now, before you reply, be very careful, I'm sensitive.
    well sometimes, when you havent seen enough pics of somebody, or heard their voices, you start to picture them as their avatar.
    fap

  24. #2824
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,733

    The Last Ride of 2012

    Well me and the guys got in our last ride of 2012 yesterday. I had my GoPro 3 with me to capture all the goodies. This is the 3rd (and probably the best) GoPro vid I made so far. I've only been fooling around with this video making stuff since Wednesday. I posted my other two vids, including this one, in the Video/POV section.
    The guys I ride with call this trail N.U.T.S. We named it that because, well we wanted to name it that. lol. I hope you O/C guys like it.

    Enjoy!

    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/56547316" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/56547316">Last Ride of 2012</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user5820716">MAZUKEA</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  25. #2825
    see me rollin, they hatin
    Reputation: NicoleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,618
    Nice Maz! always wondered what the island terrain looked like. and here i am picturing deep jungle 'Nam shyt.
    fap

  26. #2826
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joe-it-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    561
    Lemme guess, it's 85 and sunny.

  27. #2827
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    Nice Maz! always wondered what the island terrain looked like. and here i am picturing deep jungle 'Nam shyt.
    Oh we got dat Nam shiznit. We call that place Kulani.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  28. #2828
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,382
    Guys...let's continue this stuff in the new thread. This one is getting too big to look back into.

    Thanks! Go to: All About Bikes, Vol. 2


  29. #2829
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Guys...let's continue this stuff in the new thread. This one is getting too big to look back into.

    Thanks! Go to: All About Bikes, Vol. 2

    No one answered the last time I asked ... I'll try again anyway-
    What does the size of a thread have to do with anything?

    IMO, all that does is make two threads on the same topic, and the original dies.

    It makes zero sense to me.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  30. #2830
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    Well me and the guys got in our last ride of 2012 yesterday. I had my GoPro 3 with me to capture all the goodies. This is the 3rd (and probably the best) GoPro vid I made so far. I've only been fooling around with this video making stuff since Wednesday. I posted my other two vids, including this one, in the Video/POV section.
    The guys I ride with call this trail N.U.T.S. We named it that because, well we wanted to name it that. lol. I hope you O/C guys like it.

    Enjoy!
    Sweet ass video Maz. Thanks for putting that together.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

  31. #2831
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,733

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Sweet ass video Maz. Thanks for putting that together.


    Thanks Hutch. It took me awhile to edit all that footage. I spent hours and hours yesterday afternoon/night to finish it. I hope I get faster and better at making videos.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  32. #2832
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joe-it-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    Thanks Hutch. It took me awhile to edit all that footage. I spent hours and hours yesterday afternoon/night to finish it. I hope I get faster and better at making videos.
    What software are you using?

  33. #2833
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    Thanks Hutch. It took me awhile to edit all that footage. I spent hours and hours yesterday afternoon/night to finish it. I hope I get faster and better at making videos.
    What are you using to edit?
    I find WMM to simple and the CS5 version of Premiere is kind mind-boggling to me (last time I used premier, it was ... ... not in the CS stage
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  34. #2834
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,382
    Here's your answer Delll, it's time for this one to die....

  35. #2835
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Here's your answer Delll, it's time for this one to die....
    I still don't get it hawg - in fact, I see more reason in keeping it going - referencing earlier posts is easier, searching is easier (even w/ google), the legacy aspect...
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  36. #2836
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,733
    I'm using iMovie.


    I only starting doing this kind of video editing stuff since wednesday. So I know I'm not the fastest or the best. I'm still learning how to use the tools available to me on iMovie.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  37. #2837
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,382
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    I still don't get it hawg - in fact, I see more reason in keeping it going - referencing earlier posts is easier, searching is easier (even w/ google), the legacy aspect...
    I suspect that it will continue to live for a while... in a more tamed down manor. The big action will mostly be in the new thread, though.

  38. #2838
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,895
    I am trying Sony Vegas Movie Studio. It is quite powerful but it crashes a lot. And for some reason, while working on my snow ride video, Virtual Dub threw my video / audio sync off by 3 seconds.

  39. #2839
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    I suspect that it will continue to live for a while... in a more tamed down manor. The big action will mostly be in the new thread, though.
    ???
    why? because of sheeple
    gah
    I thought the OC had intelligence.

    But no, It's "Hey everyone!! listen up! we're movin the keg to McMasturbaturs house!!"

    wahhooo partay! braaap show us yer tits!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  40. #2840
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,382
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    ???
    why? because of sheeple
    gah
    I thought the OC had intelligence.

    But no, It's "Hey everyone!! listen up! we're movin the keg to McMasturbaturs house!!"

    wahhooo partay! braaap show us yer tits!
    Because this threat is now "that", and the new one is now "this".

  41. #2841
    gran jefe
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,688
    great video, maz! great riding and editing.

  42. #2842
    gran jefe
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    I don't get it.

    What does the size of the thread have to do with anything?

    All that creating another thread does is kill the original one slowly.

    What is the BENEFIT gained by creating another thread?

    ditto. no comprendo.

  43. #2843
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    great video, maz! great riding and editing.

    Thanks man.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  44. #2844
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Because this threat is now "that", and the new one is now "this".
    you sound like the snobby hot cheerleader talking to the ugly fat one
    well done

    If this is how the OC is gonna be - fukitol

    peace
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  45. #2845
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Because this threat is now "that", and the new one is now "this".
    just so you know, It wouldn't let me rep ya - so here it is "way to be a ****"
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  46. #2846
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,382
    ^ I've been called worse, and I deserved it. Just refer to me as a sh!t stirrer, boat rocker... it brings the best out of people..see what I mean, look at your reactions here?

  47. #2847
    banned
    Reputation: marpilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    Well me and the guys got in our last ride of 2012 yesterday. I had my GoPro 3 with me to capture all the goodies. This is the 3rd (and probably the best) GoPro vid I made so far. I've only been fooling around with this video making stuff since Wednesday. I posted my other two vids, including this one, in the Video/POV section.
    The guys I ride with call this trail N.U.T.S. We named it that because, well we wanted to name it that. lol. I hope you O/C guys like it.

    Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    I'm using iMovie.


    I only starting doing this kind of video editing stuff since wednesday. So I know I'm not the fastest or the best. I'm still learning how to use the tools available to me on iMovie.
    That was awesome! I lose interest and can't watch more than five minutes of trail video. So, that was the perfect length. And I thought you did a fantastic job editing it.

  48. #2848
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    ???
    why? because of sheeple
    gah
    I thought the OC had intelligence.

    But no, It's "Hey everyone!! listen up! we're movin the keg to McMasturbaturs house!!"

    wahhooo partay! braaap show us yer tits!
    Delll, if you want to lay blame, blame it on me... I won't share with you the details, but I was out riding when the seed was planted. Not your thread, nor mine, to shyte on.

  49. #2849
    gran jefe
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,688
    spam reported

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •