Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 2849
    Gor'n Ridin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by liljoe76 View Post
    Hahahhaa. Made me laugh.
    Yep, still chuckling.
    I figured you'd get a laugh out of that. And I really don't want to know just how cold it is there right now....

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    sounds rough hawg. i'll just continue to lose my fingers and toes in sub 30 temps. thanks.
    You can come down to Cali and snuggle up to me for body warmth any time you need to. I don't bite too hard, but I do nibble.

live long and huck
    Nice drop video, ambassador, gotta luv those chunky downhills. Be sure to let me know when the riding weather is primo and I'll take a day to come over, you know though that if it's much below 70 I tend to stay indoors, LOL.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Nice drop video, ambassador, gotta luv those chunky downhills. Be sure to let me know when the riding weather is primo and I'll take a day to come over, you know though that if it's much below 70 I tend to stay indoors, LOL.
    Wow, AZ weather sure has spoiled you.

banned
    Feb 2012
    So I have about 60 minutes of the group ride footage. Anyone wants to see moar?

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Absa-fcukin'-loot-lee!

see me rollin, they hatin
    you got that baddass on the pump track?
    fap

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Post it up, I missed 3/4 of that ride.

Ride More, Work Less
    More videos? sure! We are supposed to get more snow in a bit, so I might be hiding out indoors.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

Gor'n Ridin'!
    sounds rough hawg. i'll just continue to lose my fingers and toes in sub 30 temps. thanks.
    In all seriousness, what do you guys use to keep the extremities warm (as they can be)? I need to invest on some stuff for cold weather riding and I'm not sure what's good to go with.

live long and huck
    Post it up, Sti.

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    in all seriousness, what do you guys use to keep the extremities warm (as they can be)? I need to invest on some stuff for cold weather riding and i'm not sure what's good to go with.
    vvvv
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-h9b05f84a.jpg  

Ride More, Work Less
    I added a pair of Novara (REI) insulated cycling gloves this winter. These suckers are very nice. I also have a pair of windstopper uninsulated gloves for warmer temperatures (30s). Above 40, I don't routinely wear gloves.

banned
    Feb 2012
    you got that baddass on the pump track?
    Only a few secs. He was badass!

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Above 40, I don't routinely wear gloves.
    No gloves? Is that trend in your area? The only other rider I've heard of who doesn't wear gloves is Emily Batty (look out, Delll is gonna show up now that I mentioned Emily).

Ride More, Work Less
    Yes, nearly 20 years of real riding and never with gloves. Road or mtb, I might add.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    vvvv
    Can you try those on and post a pic for us? I'd like to see the fit before I order a set for my man boobs. Thanks...

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Yes, nearly 20 years of real riding and never with gloves. Road or mtb, I might add.
    Much issue with scratches going through bushes or scrapes & cuts from crashes?

2 layers of gloves, and for 35 and under, toe warmer thingy-doos.

this will be my first year riding in the snow
    fap

mtbr member
    In all seriousness, what do you guys use to keep the extremities warm (as they can be)? I need to invest on some stuff for cold weather riding and I'm not sure what's good to go with.
    I finally got some neoprene booties. So nice. Three layers of shirts + a nice riding jacket. Regular riding pants. Haven't figured out the gloves situation yet. This is also the first time I've gone this far into winter.

Ride More, Work Less
    Much issue with scratches going through bushes or scrapes & cuts from crashes?
    At times. Road rash on the palms is no fun.

live long and huck
    Back in my Michigan and running days, I found the hardest part of cold weather exercise was being warm enough but not too warm. I used to run 30-40 miles a week, year round, froze my ass off more often than not. Then I pussed out and bought a treadmill, can't beat 70 degree winter runs.

Gor'n Ridin'!

Can you be more specific about the "toe warmer thingy-doos"? Are they the coverings for the entire shoe?

banned
    Feb 2012

I have some nice easy snow trails in the Fells for ya.

i totally underdress for this type of riding. but it's because i know within 15 min of riding, i'm going to become a sweat capsule. Its all good as long as you dont stop for long periods of time!
    fap

Can you be more specific about the "toe warmer thingy-doos"? Are they the coverings for the entire shoe?
    they dont cover much, they're like little maxi pads you stick to your sock. They dont get very hot either. it's usualy enough though. they're chemical warmers.

oh and dont forget to remove from the sock before you throw your socks in the dryer. i had one blow up.

fap

iv'e also stuck them in my glove in an "omfg i'm about to get frostbite" moment. they do make hand ones though.
    fap

Gor'n Ridin'!
    they dont cover much, they're like little maxi pads you stick to your sock. They dont get very hot either. it's usualy enough though. they're chemical warmers.

oh and dont forget to remove from the sock before you throw your socks in the dryer. i had one blow up.

Oh yes, we used to use a similar product to keep tropical fish warm in the colder months when we shipped them globally. I used to keep a few in my jacket pockets for when we went outside at break time. Cozy lil suckers.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Anyone going riding today or tomorrow? It rained all night here so I gotta give it a day to dry out. I will be hitting it tomorrow though, but just my workout loop. Today will be spent home cleaning, then grocery shopping, and then with family for our Holiday get together.

Ride More, Work Less
    I'm currently in line to see Santa at the mall. For my sanity, I hope I get to ride later.

'Tis the season

(Random strangers are in the photo)

mtbr member
    Anyone going riding today or tomorrow?
    Still sickly, missed todays ride.
    Snow's coming so weds is probably not happening.. Meh.

live long and huck
    I'm going to try to get out for some SS hill climbing this afternoon. I'm trying to get some stuff boxed and shipped that I ebay'd. Gotta free up some cash, got a new DBair coming for my Prime.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    I'm currently in line to see Santa at the mall. For my sanity, I hope I get to ride later.

'Tis the season

(Random strangers are in the photo)
    Give Santa a peck on the check for me!

Gor'n Ridin'!
    I'm going to try to get out for some SS hill climbing this afternoon. I'm trying to get some stuff boxed and shipped that I ebay'd. Gotta free up some cash, got a new DBair coming for my Prime.
    I'm actually considering a "pavement ride" here today if the rain is really over. Yup, you read it right, a "pavement ride"!

Just a short 2 mile all uphill, consistent grind with an elevation gain of 850 feet. Where I live, you are either going up or down, there is no "level" here. This 'lil grind will get the ticker ticking. Maybe I'll run the recorder for Freighty, lol!

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by liljoe76 View Post
    I finally got some neoprene booties. So nice. Three layers of shirts + a nice riding jacket. Regular riding pants. Haven't figured out the gloves situation yet. This is also the first time I've gone this far into winter.
    I use thick Neoprene gloves down to upper 20s and snowboarding gloves when it is real cold.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Maybe I'll run the recorder for Freighty, lol!
    Yes, please do! I'm usually stuck on pavement anyway due to lack of legal trails within riding distance. I know I'll be riding pavement today, as usual.

Like you, I have to let the trails dry out due to plenty of rain Saturday and Sunday.

i rode today. i rode a trail i've never done before, it it may be my favoritest trail ever. it was nasty at times though, pretty darn technical. There were these rock and log features built up. Baddass.

i made it through alive up until the end, when i attempted to ride over a log pile that was a tad too tall for my hopelessly low bottom bracket. Then it became messy and i went diagonal OTB. i'll have some good dark bruises for the morning. Still amazing ride tho.
    fap

live long and huck
    i rode today. i rode a trail i've never done before, it it may be my favoritest trail ever. it was nasty at times though, pretty darn technical. There were these rock and log features built up. Baddass.

i made it through alive up until the end, when i attempted to ride over a log pile that was a tad too tall for my hopelessly low bottom bracket. Then it became messy and i went diagonal OTB. i'll have some good dark bruises for the morning. Still amazing ride tho.
    Good for you. Between shipping ebay stuff and wrapping Xmas gifts, I never got my sorry ass out on a bike today. Thought about a night ride, but I've got a nice smoky garlic marinated pork loin to put on the grill, don't think I'll want to ride after pigging out on that, and I don't want to eat at 9:00 either. Maybe a Xmas ride.

Wanna see those bruises.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Glad to hear ya got out Nic! I just finished up a pavement grind. I wasn't going to go because I am feeling a bit under the weather but I forced myself to go and now I feel energized.

Please, please, please tell us that you recorded your ride? I'm uploading my boring uphill grind but i will only post some of it....late tonite.

mtbr member

Does this trail have a name? Sounds painful, the ground is longer forgiving if it ever was. Heal up.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    ^ spammer reported, those sons-a-b!tches-gol-dang-two-bit-low-life-mo-fos!

mtbr member
    ^ same here. whats the new protocol with neg repping them?

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Dunno about protocol. I usually neg rep them to flag them for others as a warning. But I didn't try on this one. Some consider that a waste of rep. I consider it rep well used.

no camera today!!! i had some near misses too, and that one spill. Next time, i'm recording that awesome trail. Joe, it seems that the ground spares me, but my bike frame doesnt. i'm always getting attacked by the bike in crashes more than anything else.
    fap

mtbr member
    Dunno about protocol. I usually neg rep them to flag them for others as a warning. But I didn't try on this one. Some consider that a waste of rep. I consider it rep well used.
    I've been nep repping and flagging. Wasn't sure now that we're all so exposed. These beans are burning a whole in my pocket. Are we saving these things for something nice?

Ride More, Work Less
    Joe, take a look at the 2012 best picture thread in passion. Rep goes fast there.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Just shop around the website and distribute them where you feel it's needed and or deserved.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Just shop around the website and distribute them where you feel it's needed and or deserved.
    just not in the OC if you want it to count in their rep.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    I've repped people in the O/C since the change and it has increased there power. In fact, I bumped b-kul up to 100 yesterday and I've seen a few others ratings go up in here too after I repped them.

Where did you get the idea that repping in the O/C won't increase rep power?

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    oh, good to know, 'hawg. maybe it was just someone's supposition of how they would make sure rep conspiracies didn't count. thanks for confirming that i had it wrong. i guess it still feels like any thread could be suddenly deemed a "rep-circle" and all reps from that thread invalidated.

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast