Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    I build my own.
    Nothing... except the kids in this vid are 10 to 13 years old.

I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Loves to suffer
    I really enjoy watching these raw footage videos you guys have posted. Sure they don't have any fancy editing, but they show what the rider experienced on the ride, and that's what's important. I love videos that document a ride and let you hear the bike and rider sounds. The ones where the camera is placed on the ground and you can hear the bike flying by are really cool!

BTW, I like hearing all the cussing and other dialogue from the rider in the helmet cam vids.

I don't have any mtb videos that haven't already been posted here on MTBR, so I'll just have to direct you guys to my latest thread in Passion: Exploring the Quarry Trail and other nearby trails in Auburn, CA (pics & video). There is a video at the bottom of the page in my OP.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    I really enjoy watching these raw footage videos you guys have posted. Sure they don't have any fancy editing, but they show what the rider experienced on the ride, and that's what's important. I love videos that document a ride and let you hear the bike and rider sounds. The ones where the camera is placed on the ground and you can hear the bike flying by are really cool!

BTW, I like hearing all the cussing and other dialogue from the rider in the helmet cam vids.

I don't have any mtb videos that haven't already been posted here on MTBR, so I'll just have to direct you guys to my latest thread in Passion: Exploring the Quarry Trail and other nearby trails in Auburn, CA (pics & video). There is a video at the bottom of the page in my OP.
    Beautiful country out there. Those climbs must be steeeep because you are laboring hard.

I've posted this one somewhere else on MTBR but here it is again. Honorable mention to OO7, who I am chasing!

...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Dissolved member
    Good videos everyone! Hutch - I was almost expecting the first one to turn into a screamer.

Daniel: I enjoyed yours, too. Brings back memories of my trip to Portugal, I spent some quality vacation time in the North with a base camp in Guimar„es long time ago.

mtbr member
    you guys ruined EVERYTHING. im going back to passion
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

Dissolved member
    And now for something entirely different.

Got the bling ring today. Who'ss the boss?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-blingr.jpg  

see me rollin, they hatin
    gah, my last link had issues. this should work. Massachusetts, earlier this spring, with my colorful commentary as usual. there is even a quick cameo of Pedalphile, patting my dog

bike movie 3-18 from Nicole Bolin29 on Vimeo.

fap

glad you're not offended
    fap

i like seeing everybody's "terrain" depending on what part of the country/world they're riding in
    fap

Suckin wind like a boss
    cant take credit for the vid, but i can take credit for having ridden this exact section tonight for the first time. ate it coming off the red bull wall the first time through but figured it out, and rode it many more times after without a hitch.

Expert Jumps at Ray's Mountain Bike Park in Cleveland - More Mountain Bike Videos

i took home a souvenir for my efforts too.

If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

Loves to suffer
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Beautiful country out there. Those climbs must be steeeep because you are laboring hard.

I've posted this one somewhere else on MTBR but here it is again. Honorable mention to OO7, who I am chasing!
    That climb with the captions mentioning me having to walk it back in 1997 is so steep it was a near-maximum effort for me. At one point I looked at my Garmin and saw a heart rate of 202. Strava says I hit a max of 204.

I am doing all these climbs with toe clips and straps instead of clipless. I have clipless pedals on my road bike, but I'm too chickensht to put them on my mtb due to the technical trails I sometimes ride. Clipless would have helped quite a bit on those steep fire road climbs.

I don't have any good mtb chases like yours, but I have a good one on my climb up Donner Pass Road in September. Since this is "Off Camber", I figure it's okay for me to post a road ride video here. After all, I'm biking up a mountain, right?

The woman in the last part of this video gave me a hell of a challenge. She probably heard me "freight training uphill" and decided to put the hammer down every time I got close .

Contour | Stories | Donner Pass Road climb 9-8-12

Prime
    The woman in the last part of this video gave me a hell of a challenge. She probably heard me "freight training uphill" and decided to put the hammer down every time I got close .
    Don't know about that. Your camera spent an awful lot of time aimed at her butt. Are you sure that you were really trying to pass her?

official eMpTyBRain
    Nice arm strawberry BT!

Dissolved member
    I think they called it a bling ring as a self-defense because it looks really dorky IMHO.

Suckin wind like a boss
    yeah buddy! its hurtin for certain this morning haha. i dont care, i have eyeballed that line for a month and never thought i would have the balls to hit it anytime soon... but peer pressure is a mofo, aint it? (and the peers were as stoked as i was, after i got up, went back to the top, and kept on hittin it )

if i can afford to ride there all winter, and dont destroy my bike in the process, i am gonna be so much better of a rider in the spring.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

Loves to suffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Don't know about that. Your camera spent an awful lot of time aimed at her butt. Are you sure that you were really trying to pass her?
    It was a handlebar-mounted ContourGPS camera, so of course it's going to stay pointed straight ahead. Speaking of straight, that's me. A straight female .

Since the video has 100% natural sound, the sound of my effort should be enough proof that I was working hard on that climb. Here's the data from that ride for further proof: Bike Ride Profile | Donner Pass, Donner Lake Roads near | Times and Records | Strava or
    Donner Pass, Donner Lake Roads by freighttraininguphill at Garmin Connect - Details

derp

Well i have a video with cursing but it's not in English It also has my own "commentaries" but unfortunately the camera got pointed down somewhere and i only noticed when i got home, as such the camera angle is stupid ... not bad to see the terrain though.

DISCLAIMER: As always the video is big and boring

2006 Cannondale Rush 650b
    2010 Cannondale Trail SL 650b
    2013 Norco Range Killer-B

official eMpTyBRain
    ^ No gloves?! ^

derp
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    ^ No gloves?! ^
    They're one of those things i couldn't ever bring myself to use, too frikin hot ... Sometimes i wish i had some when i come home full of scratches from a fall or from those nasty thorned bushes but the discomfort of using them is worse to me. I already have to use gloves all week, don't want to use them when i'm supposed to be having fun.
    2006 Cannondale Rush 650b
    2010 Cannondale Trail SL 650b
    2013 Norco Range Killer-B

Loves to suffer
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsilva View Post
    Well i have a video with cursing but it's not in English It also has my own "commentaries" but unfortunately the camera got pointed down somewhere and i only noticed when i got home, as such the camera angle is stupid ... not bad to see the terrain though.

DISCLAIMER: As always the video is big and boring
    Even with the lack of English, I got a pretty good idea what you were thinking when you encountered the various tough sections .

Sounds like the ContourROAM has automatic gain control, which is an improvement over the ContourHD and ContourGPS that I have. Those have manual recording level adjustment. I have the HD's mic level set to 45 and the GPS's to 40 in order to capture normal background sounds, but I get distortion on loud noises like yelling and loud engines on vehicles passing me while road riding.

Trying to get the perfect camera angle is a PITA! I finally got my ContourHD aimed properly by putting two pump straps underneath the front part of the vented helmet mount to raise it up more.
    They're one of those things i couldn't ever bring myself to use, too frikin hot ... Sometimes i wish i had some when i come home full of scratches from a fall or from those nasty thorned bushes but the discomfort of using them is worse to me. I already have to use gloves all week, don't want to use them when i'm supposed to be having fun.
    That's how I feel about tight spandex. I refuse to wear it (I do wear gloves though). I hate polyester clothing. I am much more comfortable wearing 100% cotton. All cycling websites say cotton is the worst thing to wear, but I find it wonderful on hot rides when I have a nice baggy tank top on and don't overheat on climbs.

Besides, I am convinced that motorists treat cyclists better when they think they are just trying to get from point A to point B (commuting to work, running errands, etc). Some motorists feel that cyclists wearing kits are "playing" on "their" roads, while others wearing normal clothes are not. It sucks, but it shows how ignorant some non-cyclists are.

Prime
    It was a handlebar-mounted ContourGPS camera, so of course it's going to stay pointed straight ahead. Speaking of straight, that's me. A straight female .
    Sorry. I was at work until 11:45 last night, usually get out at 4:30. Tired, and a computer without speakers, will compromise your judgement.

That looked like a tough climb, you made a great effort. There are some awesome twisty uphills near to me, I've thought about buying a road bike for cardio purposes, but I don't think that I would ride it enough to justify the expense.

Btw, thanks for keeping your camera pointed at that girls butt for so long, it's almost like you did it just for me.

Loves to suffer
    Sorry. I was at work until 11:45 last night, usually get out at 4:30. Tired, and a computer without speakers, will compromise your judgement.

That looked like a tough climb, you made a great effort. There are some awesome twisty uphills near to me, I've thought about buying a road bike for cardio purposes, but I don't think that I would ride it enough to justify the expense.

Btw, thanks for keeping your camera pointed at that girls butt for so long, it's almost like you did it just for me.
    No problem . I was going for a PR on that climb, which I did get in spite of a back muscle that I strained a week before from sneezing while sitting in a chair, of all things . Boy was I glad when that healed up! That is one of the muscles used in cycling!

You might be surprised how addicting road cycling can be. If you have good climbs nearby, even more so! I love climbing more than anything, and I like to haul ass on descents. Since it's safer for me to do that on pavement, I spend more time road riding than mountain biking. Another reason for that is the fact that I have to drive to do any mountain biking. There are no good legal trails within riding distance around here.

California State Parks started charging $10 to park in areas that used to be free, so now I have to find other places to park on mtb rides. I have a personal rule that I will not pay to park a motor vehicle anywhere. I will ride my bike instead, or park further away and ride the rest of the way. I am "car-lite", meaning I use bicycles for practical purposes as well as recreation, and I try to avoid driving unless I absolutely have to.

Here's a video I know you will like . I recorded this with the helmet cam, and it looks like I was looking at the lead rider's butt, but in reality I was suffering trying to keep up with her. When I am suffering on a climb I put my head down more.

Bike Ride Profile | WAV Riders Apple Hill Ride near Placerville | Times and Records | Strava
    WAV Riders Apple Hill Ride by freighttraininguphill at Garmin Connect - Details

Contour | Stories | WAV Riders Apple Hill Ride 9-27-12

Dissolved member
    The camera angle and its wide FOV make it look like you were riding on one of Little Price's planets.

Prime
    Here's a video I know you will like . I recorded this with the helmet cam, and it looks like I was looking at the lead rider's butt.
    Thanks. Seriously though, that looked like a fun and tough ride, a few downs mixed in with the ups, I enjoyed the scenery. I like it here in the desert, but I always enjoy getting somewhere that has trees and green.

You mentioned 250bpm at the beginning of your vid, how long could you sustain that? Back in my early 30's when I was in my running prime, I could hold 194bpm pretty much as long as I cared to, but a maximum effort would only get me to maybe 210. I don't use a heart rate monitor anymore, I'm afraid to see what I'm doing to myself. I love to climb also. I'll be selling a bike soon, maybe I'll do a little road bike shopping. Being a runner since the mid 80's, and a very serious runner for probably 15 years continuous, I fully understand the importance of a good cardio workout. Mountain biking is certainly good for you, but the on/off/on/off isn't as beneficial as a nice sustained effort. As we age, it's more important than ever to stay healthy by exercising and eating right.

As far as PR's go, I started goofing around with Strava, swore that I wouldn't get into it, now every place that I ride I have my GPS. Now, I get home, mix my Recoverite, sit down to upload my data, and know where I stand before I even get into the shower. I'm such a dork.

Have a nice day, freighttrain.

Loves to suffer
    Thanks. Seriously though, that looked like a fun and tough ride, a few downs mixed in with the ups, I enjoyed the scenery. I like it here in the desert, but I always enjoy getting somewhere that has trees and green.

You mentioned 250bpm at the beginning of your vid, how long could you sustain that? Back in my early 30's when I was in my running prime, I could hold 194bpm pretty much as long as I cared to, but a maximum effort would only get me to maybe 210. I don't use a heart rate monitor anymore, I'm afraid to see what I'm doing to myself. I love to climb also. I'll be selling a bike soon, maybe I'll do a little road bike shopping. Being a runner since the mid 80's, and a very serious runner for probably 15 years continuous, I fully understand the importance of a good cardio workout. Mountain biking is certainly good for you, but the on/off/on/off isn't as beneficial as a nice sustained effort. As we age, it's more important than ever to stay healthy by exercising and eating right.

As far as PR's go, I started goofing around with Strava, swore that I wouldn't get into it, now every place that I ride I have my GPS. Now, I get home, mix my Recoverite, sit down to upload my data, and know where I stand before I even get into the shower. I'm such a dork.

Have a nice day, freighttrain.
    Do you mean 205 bpm? I think that's probably pretty close to my max nowadays. When I was 25 years old I had a max HR of 215. I'm sure I would blow up if I tried to maintain the kind of effort you see in the first mtb video I linked to here. The climb in that video was almost maximum effort (and it sounds like it too, believe me! ). On most long climbs I can sustain heart rates in the 180s.

I think mountain biking is great interval training because of the steep climbs that require intense effort like the one in that video. Road riding gives you the continuous effort over a longer period time. I think that's what burns the most calories too.

I'm probably even more of a dork. I always make sure I have my Garmin and my camera on my climbing rides. I also just recently purchased the speed/cadence sensor for my road bike. Now I get accurate speed readings that don't jump around.

Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast