Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    An advice for all strangers who would want to come visit Niagara Falls: Don't.
    Yeah, the City of Hamilton just down the road has over 125 waterfalls right in town. Niagara only has one.

Here, now that you've seen it....
    (The view from our hotel room)

The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-room.jpg

Why you might not want to come.

Name:  roomrate.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  47.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

live long and huck
    We were up at the Grand Canyon a few years ago, stayed at the village on the south rim. A standard room cost more than a 2 room suite in Lake Havasu over looking the London Bridge. We had a pizza in a little shop, a touch expensive, but it was good. Then we went for ice cream, it was like $20 for 4 ice cream cones!! WTF??? The $2.49 on the sign was for the cone only, $1.25 a scoop for ice cream. Of course I complained, the server says "this is the Grand Canyon, the ice cream has to be trucked in." I replied "it has to be trucked in EVERYWHERE!" We ate as slow as possible.

Binned
    Nov 2008

Big Sycamore Canyon ride

I'll post another clip tomorrow...

<iframe width="960" height="540" src="http://contour.com/stories/sin-nombre-11-11-2012/embed?map=false&width=960px&height=540px" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    Last edited by SCR818; 11-11-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Binned
    Nov 2008

'hawg supersonic

Here's a taste of the Guadalasca trail. Too bad there was so many riders using it today.

<iframe width="960" height="540" src="http://contour.com/stories/guadalasca-trail-11-11-2012/embed?map=false&width=960px&height=540px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

see me rollin, they hatin
    Not sure who's familiar with Ted Wojcik but my bf just got an apprenticeship with him, welding and building custom steel frames. If he ends up staying and working there, it would be amazeballs.
    Ted Wojcik Custom Bicycles
    fap

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Here's a taste of the Guadalasca trail. Too bad there was so many riders using it today.
    Did you clip that guy at 0:42?

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    Not sure who's familiar with Ted Wojcik but my bf just got an apprenticeship with him, welding and building custom steel frames. If he ends up staying and working there, it would be amazeballs.
    Ted Wojcik Custom Bicycles
    Sounds like good times coming in your direction

Magura

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    Sounds like good times coming in your direction

Magura
    Unless her BF builds a rigid bike for her and makes her ride it!

****** to the dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Yeah, the City of Hamilton just down the road has over 125 waterfalls right in town. Niagara only has one.

Here, now that you've seen it....
    (The view from our hotel room)

Why you might not want to come.
    That's right ninja Hamilton rocks, that is why it is called the hammer.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Did you clip that guy at 0:42?
    Yeah, on purpose.

He was one of the guys I was riding with. That's PerfectZero.

Unless her BF builds a rigid bike for her and makes her ride it!
    oh we already got a couple of those in the house. been there done that!
    fap

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    that's right ninja hamilton rocks, that is why it is called the hammer.
    The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-2012-07-18-12.48.44-1.jpg
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

banned
    Feb 2012
    A few minutes from my today's after work ride a.k.a. the race against the sunset and omnipresent leaves that killed my traction too many times. Warning - boring with heavy breathing and a closing crash at 10:15.

Local trail - YouTube

Binned
    Nov 2008
    A few minutes from my today's after work ride a.k.a. the race against the sunset and omnipresent leaves that killed my traction too many times. Warning - boring with heavy breathing and a closing crash at 10:15.

Local trail - YouTube
    Golly, hard to see where the actual trail is at times! Nice attempt at going up that nearly vertical hill at the end, though.

Oh, and I saw your yellow bike again!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Local trail - YouTube
    See, this is what I love about the OC! Only here in Off Camber can we see some good climbing/technical footage that doesn't have all the original audio removed and replaced with ear-splitting headbanger music. I love seeing and hearing everyone else's rides as they happened.

I'm probably the odd one compared to most people, but I don't find these videos boring at all. Anything with "heavy breathing" in the description is bound to have the kind of riding I enjoy the most-climbs and technical sections.

I'm sorry I don't have a new mtb video to show you. I did yet another road ride over the weekend. Until I find a solution to the shrinking number of free parking spots at popular mtb trails, I'm going to have to stick to road riding for a while. There are no good legal trails within riding distance of home, and the ones I have to drive to now cost $10 or more to park near. It is so bad that it even affects one of my road rides.

I did make a video of the steep climb at the start of my road ride, but I won't bother posting it unless someone wants to see it. I don't want to bore you guys.

I need a GoPro, there's a bunch of hills in my area you would love FreightTrain.

Nicole, dibs on a frame from your boyfriend. Ted Wojcik, that's awesome! Good for him! I've lugged my own frame before. It was a track frame and four years later, it's still only a front triangle, really nice Colombus tubes and Everest lugs too; long story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Ride More, Work Less
    I would like to invent an electronic gimbal that could overlay the climb gradient and speed onto a gopro video. Most videos do not do justice to the work being done. The end result could be like a Gran Turismo heads up display.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

Do it! I'd love to see that.
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

banned
    Feb 2012
    That last hill is fun but I wedged my leg between the bike and a large rock during the crash (that is why I fell so hard) and now I am nursing what looks like a second pair of balls growing on my shin.

had to read that twice to make sure it didnt say "chin".
    ha
    fap

Terrain Sculptor
    I had a very strange day yesterday. Good news. Bad news. It's really hard to tell which is which.

Sad News

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    I would like to invent an electronic gimbal that could overlay the climb gradient and speed onto a gopro video. Most videos do not do justice to the work being done. The end result could be like a Gran Turismo heads up display.
    They have it for auto racing already: TrackVision
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

Ride More, Work Less
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    They have it for auto racing already: TrackVision
    Well look at that. I guess I will have to develop another get rich scheme.

live long and huck
    had to read that twice to make sure it didnt say "chin".
    ha

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    That last hill is fun but I wedged my leg between the bike and a large rock during the crash (that is why I fell so hard) and now I am nursing what looks like a second pair of balls growing on my shin.
    Ouch! Hope you heal quickly. Time off the bike sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    There are two services that do just that. I have the paid software DashWare, and I've used it on a few road rides. Back then I didn't have the speed/cadence sensor on my bike so you will see the speed and percent grade numbers jump around occasionally, especially when I ride through forested areas that interfere with satellite signals.

This is just a simple set of gauges that I made. There are some cooler looking ones to choose from, but they didn't include all the data I wanted to show.

Slug Gulch Road climb 9-11-11 - YouTube
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I_Q8R-t_6D0" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Here's a video I made for a member of a cycling club I belong to. He does have the speed/cadence sensor, so his numbers don't jump around and are much more accurate.

Hammerin' Wheels rider climbing Corkscrew Wall 6-23-12 - YouTube
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e-P6dg0vGs0" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

There is also another service called Bike Telemetry. It is free right now as it is still in beta. It has a nice elevation profile, and it even tries to guess what gear you are in. I made another video for the same rider a couple months ago on the same climb. This time you get to see more data. I need to experiment with the height of the overlay though, as it ended up too tall.

Hammerin' Wheels rider climbing Corkscrew Wall 9-23-12 w/Bike Telemetry overlay - YouTube
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oGjlD0hexm4" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Here's a video of the same climb from another member of that cycling club. I helped him make this video, and it turned out perfect, probably due to the higher resolution of his original video.

Corkscrew Wall climb - YouTube
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7yjKnz9lgRE" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Ride More, Work Less
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    ^^^ outstanding.

If anybody needs any new wheels, I have an inherent ability to reinvent the wheel with great efficiency.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Ouch! Hope you heal quickly. Time off the bike sucks! :
    Luckily nothing got broken so I can heal in the saddle.

This is just a simple set of gauges that I made. There are some cooler looking ones to choose from, but they didn't include all the data I wanted to show.
    Wow, 49% grade in the first video! I do not think I would be able to not roll down the hill backwards. Those gauges and telemetry data are cool tho!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Luckily nothing got broken so I can heal in the saddle.

Wow, 49% grade in the first video! I do not think I would be able to not roll down the hill backwards. Those gauges and telemetry data are cool tho!
    Good news!

I have the speed/cadence sensor on my road bike now, so those phantom ridiculous grade numbers are a thing of the past. I just haven't made a video of one of my own rides with the overlay since I bought the sensor.

I dd what you see there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Yeah, the City of Hamilton just down the road has over 125 waterfalls right in town.
    Yeah, but with the lack or snow and subsequent runoff combined with the virtually ZERO rainfall we had in the spring/early summer, 90% of them dried up this year.

"Stoney Creek" runs right through my buddy's backyard. During heavy snow runoff/spring rains, it's easily 2 to 3 feet deep (when the salmon are running). For most of the spring and summer this year, nevermind a "creek" - there weren't even any puddles left in the creek bed.
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2011 Trek Cronus CX Ultimate

somehow still alive
    Tried to get out for another ride tonight but couldn't get the usual suspects to participate (I didn't want to ride alone) so I stayed home and did some things that needed to be taken care of.
    I need some usual suspects.. I have a few friends who ride, but they don't like to ride enough.
    Not what you think.

My videos

somehow still alive
    All caught up. I love this thread. I'm assuming this is partially my fault for constantly posting bike stuff in NT in OC..
    Not what you think.

My videos

Hollyw00d, had I not moved away from Denver last year I'd totally be a regular riding buddy. I have no regular riding friends either. I always ride by myself. Sunday's there's a group ride but most times I want to ride different stuff than everyone else so I'm solo until I get back for the buffet, which I usually don't eat since it always contains meat. The solo thing is cool but sometimes it's nice to ride with other folks.

somehow still alive
    Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    Hollyw00d, had I not moved away from Denver last year I'd totally be a regular riding buddy. I have no regular riding friends either. I always ride by myself. Sunday's there's a group ride but most times I want to ride different stuff than everyone else so I'm solo until I get back for the buffet, which I usually don't eat since it always contains meat. The solo thing is cool but sometimes it's nice to ride with other folks.
    I have fun riding solo, cause then I can go as slow as I want on the uphills, and as fast as I please on the downs.. Most people I ride with can't keep up on the downs, and I'm terribly slow on the ups..

but the main problem is I work a 48/96 work schedule (48 straight hours on then 96 hours off) so I ride on my 96 which is more often than not on the week days, so there's few people I know who can ride that often......

Then I try to meet people on the trails and they aren't too keen on adding another to their riding group..
    Not what you think.

My videos

Binned
    Nov 2008

New question here.

I see this sign around my area. I've always wondered about the component build on this bike? What do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure the wheel set is a Crank Bros....

EDIT: I fixed it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-scan_pic0006.jpg  

Last edited by SCR818; 11-13-2012 at 02:29 PM.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Is that a "Roadies crossing" warning?

Suckin wind like a boss
    I get this crap from my co-workers.

this was what my chef drew on the bottom of my prep list today. bear in mind hes a fat little troll that would get winded on a big wheel in the living room.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Is that a "Roadies crossing" warning?
    Not if you use your imagination. The fork is kinda thick and very straight. Completely unlike a roadie fork. Could be considered a suspension fork.

Also, where the handlebar curves down like on a roadie bike, think of that as the shifter cable cluster.

Hope that helps...

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by big terry View Post
    I get this crap from my co-workers.

this was what my chef drew on the bottom of my prep list today. bear in mind hes a fat little troll that would get winded on a big wheel in the living room.
    BT, you look 10 years younger in that drawing!

Rabid Lana fan
    I'm pretty sure the wheel set is a Crank Bros....
    The cranks don't appear to be 180° apart like they should be.

This indicates a wal-mart bike. Not sure Iodines ever came stock on a wal-mart bike. Of course, the little kid could have upgraded the wheels.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    The cranks don't appear to be 180° apart like they should be.

This indicates a wal-mart bike. Not sure Iodines ever came stock on a wal-mart bike. Of course, the little kid could have upgraded the wheels.

Look again...

Rabid Lana fan
    Ha. He did some upgradin' in the last coulple of minutes.

But the crank arms still don't look like they are 180 degrees to my untrained and old weak eyes. More like 155 degrees or so.

At least he ditched the slicks.

Rabid Lana fan
    Did he get Elixer CR brakes?

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Oh, GAWD!

banned
    Feb 2012
    Look again...
    Cheater!

banned
    Feb 2012
    That bike is a downhill animal. No chain but sporting a floating brake arm.

Rabid Lana fan
    Terry, you use your American Eagle shirt for a riding jersey?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Suckin wind like a boss
    LOL no but apparently the troll thinks i do. anything i wear to work that has anything remotely to do with bikes, is immediately classified as a "f@g shirt."

interestingly enough, everyone i work with is younger than me, and most of them are fatter by a longshot. only one of them has the balls to even consider riding with me, and thats a dude thats in his 20s and used to skate like a freak- he is gonna go ride at Rays indoor MTB park with me this thursday. curious to see how he holds up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    OK, I did a little brainstorming and I think I know where I can park and ride my favorite trails without having to pay $10. Yes, I have to do a 3 mile climb to get back to my truck, but I don't care because I always do that climb at the end of the ride anyway. The only difference now is that the descent will be at the beginning of the ride instead of the end. Big whoop.

Now looking forward to seeing if I can clean that ridiculously steep "Mercy Mile" climb without dabbing 50 times

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Now looking forward to seeing if I can clean that ridiculously steep "Mercy Mile" climb without dabbing 50 times
    We await the outcome...

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    We await the outcome...
    Here's video from my first climb up "Mercy Mile" in February (caution heavy breathing!). This was also my first ride on my Wahoo and first mtb ride in 15 years.

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Clementine, Fuel Break, Culvert, Confluence, Stagecoach near Auburn | Times and Records | Strava

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/36362744?badge=0" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/36362744">Suffering on a steep MTB climb</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user10206236">freighttraininguphill</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

I hope I do better the next time.

live long and huck
    freighttrain, between watching your videos and stalking you on strava, you certainly leave no doubt that you are a climber. Your heart rate, cadence and duration of your climbs is impressive. There's nothing wrong with a little exercise. Or ice cream.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Here's video from my first climb up "Mercy Mile" in February (caution heavy breathing!). This was also my first ride on my Wahoo and first mtb ride in 15 years.

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Clementine, Fuel Break, Culvert, Confluence, Stagecoach near Auburn | Times and Records | Strava

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/36362744?badge=0" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/36362744">Suffering on a steep MTB climb</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user10206236">freighttraininguphill</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

I hope I do better the next time.
    You actually had me breathing heavy with you about half way through the clip. I was trying to slow your breathing down. Couldn't help it.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Freighty, my buddy who taught my the basics about mtn biking in the late 1990's became a roadie shortly there after. He says that riding roadie bikes makes you a better mtn biker from a climbing standpoint. Would you agree with that?

Haha, now that you mention it, I did the same thing. I was doing the long slow get air in breathing.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Does riding in darkness make you a better mtn biker, too?

Local trail - getting dark - YouTube

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Does riding in darkness make you a better mtn biker, too?

Local trail - getting dark - YouTube
    Possibly. Personally, I believe that drinking beer while eating cookies can.

live long and huck
    Possibly. Personally, I believe that drinking beer while eating cookies can.
    Ice cream and popcicles, but not necessarily in that order.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Ice cream and popcicles, but not necessarily in that order.
    Ice cream AND popcicles, Opti? Is still that warm down in your neck of the woods?!

live long and huck
    Ice cream AND popcicles, Opti? Is still that warm down in your neck of the woods?!
    Supposed to be high 70's/low 80's for the next 10 days. It was only 46 though yesterday morning when I left for work, almost froze my berries.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    It's a roller coaster ride of weather out here along the So Cal coast. Warm (70s-80s) for a few days, then cool (50s-60s) for a few days. People are getting sick from this crap.

banned
    Feb 2012
    I think I am seeing a bunch of spoiled brats from CA and AZ complain about weather. Anyone from AK or MN wants to chip in?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Freighty, my buddy who taught my the basics about mtn biking in the late 1990's became a roadie shortly there after. He says that riding roadie bikes makes you a better mtn biker from a climbing standpoint. Would you agree with that?
    Yes, definitely! I bought my road bike solely for climbing so I make it a point to seek out the most grueling, steep climbs I can find. I am convinced that I would never have made it to the top of "Mercy Mile", dab or no dab, if I hadn't ridden the steep road climbs such as Iowa Hill Road, Slug Gulch, and the Corkscrew Wall (videos of all those climbs are on my YouTube channel, which is in my profile).

Road cycling is a steady effort, which is great for building endurance, and the climbs build strength. MTB riding is also excellent strength training though. The high-intensity efforts on steep climbs have helped my climbing on the road. I think mountain biking and road cycling complement each other.

live long and huck
    I think I am seeing a bunch of spoiled brats from CA and AZ complain about weather. Anyone from AK or MN wants to chip in?
    When you're used to 105 degrees for months on end, the 50's and 60's are cold. I was out hiking Saturday, high 50's and cloudy, my fingers were cold and I had snot running down my face.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Spoiled brats???!!!! Oh, yeah!

Binned
    Nov 2008
    and I had snot running down my face.

So you are implying that everyone who lives in consistant cool weather has consistant snot running down their face?

Suckin wind like a boss
    Ill step in from Ohio and say...farging bastages!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dv8tVxk6Nj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

live long and huck

So you are implying that everyone who lives in consistant cool weather has consistant snot running down their face?
    Only Sti.

live long and huck
    Hilarious movie, loved the grapevine.

somehow still alive
    You actually had me breathing heavy with you about half way through the clip. I was trying to slow your breathing down. Couldn't help it.
    HAHAHAHA I was doing the same thing!!

He says that riding roadie bikes makes you a better mtn biker from a climbing standpoint. Would you agree with that?
    yes. very much yes.
    A buddy of mine is a roadie, and when we mtb I make him wear a leash and tow me up the hills.... I am that lazy. and he can climb FAST and in pretty high gears.
    Not what you think.

My videos

Suckin wind like a boss
    Hilarious movie, loved the grapevine.
    yeah it sure was, in fact seeing that clip had me laughing so hard, its got me wanting to watch it again.

Ride More, Work Less
    Here's a MN report. Saturday was 75 but I had to "baby sit" while my wife did a 10k run in the Cities. Sunday it dropped to the low 30s but I had too many obligations to ride. It snowed on Monday and was in the teens/20s. It was Windy today but I had to work 13 hours. BUT this weekend looks beautiful--mid 40s. (I love 40s).

Binned
    Nov 2008

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dv8tVxk6Nj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Better/truer words have never been spoken!

Ride More, Work Less
    Yes, definitely! I bought my road bike solely for climbing so I make it a point to seek out the most grueling, steep climbs I can find. I am convinced that I would never have made it to the top of "Mercy Mile", dab or no dab, if I hadn't ridden the steep road climbs such as Iowa Hill Road, Slug Gulch, and the Corkscrew Wall (videos of all those climbs are on my YouTube channel, which is in my profile).

Road cycling is a steady effort, which is great for building endurance, and the climbs build strength. MTB riding is also excellent strength training though. The high-intensity efforts on steep climbs have helped my climbing on the road. I think mountain biking and road cycling complement each other.
    I share you love for mixing up the climbing. I moved from the very flatlands of the low country in SC to the surprisingly hilly region in southeast MN. We don't really have long climbs, but we have several short climbs that can be intense. I tend to seek them out too even though they make me suffer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I have noticed that I breathe too fast on steep climbs, especially if it hurts and/or the effort is intense. I know I need to slow it down, but it never works out that way

Binned
    Nov 2008
    I have noticed that I breathe too fast on steep climbs, especially if it hurts and/or the effort is intense. I know I need to slow it down, but it never works out that way
    I force myself to breathe through my nose to control it. But of course on the loooong gnar-climbs, I'm blowing steam like everyone does.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I force myself to breathe through my nose to control it. But of course on the loooong gnar-climbs, I'm blowing steam like everyone does.
    I don't think I would be able to get enough air if I did that, unfortunately. Part of the problem is the fact that women have smaller lungs than men, so we don't have the lung capacity the guys have. The guys also have greater strength.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Only Sti.
    LOL! You are quite correct. We have a few sunny days in the 40s ahead, too. Weekend is gonna be grand!

somehow still alive
    The guys also have greater strength.
    not all of us..... I got these damn chicken legs...... I try and I try and I try, but my biceps are still bigger than my legs.
    Not what you think.

My videos

live long and huck
    I don't think I would be able to get enough air if I did that, unfortunately. Part of the problem is the fact that women have smaller lungs than men, so we don't have the lung capacity the guys have. The guys also have greater strength.
    I've never had much luck nose breathing either, riding or running.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollyw00d View Post
    not all of us..... I got these damn chicken legs...... I try and I try and I try, but my biceps are still bigger than my legs.
    Tree stumps here.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    I've never had much luck nose breathing either, riding or running.
    I learned this from sprinting. I loved running but my knees just couldn't handle the impact after so many years so I started mountain biking for it's comparatively low impact.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Tree stumps here.
    Middle aged tree trunks here.

live long and huck
    mountain biking for it's comparatively low impact.
    Not the way I ride, I've gained more scars in the last 4 years than the previous 42.

Ride More, Work Less
    My old riding buddies used to call me thunder thighs as a compliment. I'll admit I just measured my legs. 17" calves, 22" about 3 inches above the knees, and 28" at the top. I'm not certain what size tree stump they are, but they hold up quite well.

As for all this breathing, I have a nose that really doesn't work. I find myself mouth breathing for no reason. When there is an intense workout, it is almost exclusively through the mouth.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Not the way I ride, I've gained more scars in the last 4 years than the previous 42.
    I meant specifically on the knees. Cycling is considered a low impact activity on the kness compared to running. It was my knees that couldn't handle the running anymore. My knees love cycling, though.

somehow still alive
    speaking of all this nose vs mouth breathing...

The way I got the name Hollywood is because I got a nose job a few months ago.. now it wasn't a "hollywood nose job" (like everyone makes fun of me for), but it was to fix a deviated septum and turbinate reduction... LIFE CHANGING!! Now I can breathe like normal people!! I love it.
    Not what you think.

My videos

live long and huck
    I meant specifically on the knees. Cycling is considered a low impact activity on the kness compared to running. It was my knees that couldn't handle the running anymore. My knees love cycling, though.
    I know, I know, jeez, can't even be a smartass anymore.

You know what's been really bothering my knees lately? 10-12 hours a day cruising a concrete shop floor. It never used to, I just started noticing it the last few months. It's either time for a new pair of work shoes, or I'm getting old.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollyw00d View Post
    speaking of all this nose vs mouth breathing...

The way I got the name Hollywood is because I got a nose job a few months ago.. now it wasn't a "hollywood nose job" (like everyone makes fun of me for), but it was to fix a deviated septum and turbinate reduction... LIFE CHANGING!! Now I can breathe like normal people!! I love it.
    Glad it worked for you. My Sis-in-law had the procedure done and it did not work for her. Come to find out that it is not a guaranteed to improve the issue. Gnarly though, breaking off chips of bone and stuff from inside there!

banned
    Feb 2012
    Speaking of frozen berries, I went for an early 7AM ride. Temps were in mid 30s with high humidity and windchill in high 20s. I gave up after five miles. I do not mind riding in cold weather but today I just could got not get my engine warm.

Edit for Hawg - sorry bud, no video of yello mello today!

i had my septum (and more) done too. i could breathe before, but it was very uneven. what a horrible surgery!!!! i still have nightmares about anything going near or hitting my nose. i swear it's still sensitive 2 years later. i can breath evenly though.
    fap

Binned
    Nov 2008
    i had my septum (and more) done too. i could breathe before, but it was very uneven. what a horrible surgery!!!! i still have nightmares about anything going near or hitting my nose. i swear it's still sensitive 2 years later. i can breath evenly though.
    Congrats on hitting the century mark!!!

WHODUNNIT?! let me check, and i'l try to poz them
    fap

Ride More, Work Less
    WHODUNNIT?! let me check, and i'l try to poz them
    I know it wasn't me...you'll see a comment where I thought it was going to be. It is probably the one after my rep.

i saw it Heyall. you and Freight got me real close. i'd rep ya, but i cant. it was an unsigned. if they fess up, i'll give em 100 ballzofury
    fap

Binned
    Nov 2008
    i saw it Heyall. you and Freight got me real close. i'd rep ya, but i cant. it was an unsigned. if they fess up, i'll give em 100 ballzofury
    WOW! We have a shy repper who put you over the top? I wonder if they kept it secret on purpose?

Rabid Lana fan
    For realz. Putting Nicole to 100 is like winning the rep lottery. I'm sure all of the OC leg humpers were wetting themselves trying.

I know I was. Then I ran out of rep....DAMMIT.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    the OC leg humpers
    That is absolutely EPIC!!!

Rabid Lana fan
    We're all a bunch of puppies and she's the human.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Heading out for action #2 of the day.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Heading out for action #2 of the day.
    Glad to hear that someone has the time to do that.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0