Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 2849
  1. #1901
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,490
    Were they all filthy?
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  2. #1902
    see me rollin, they hatin
    Reputation: NicoleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,618
    if they're from liljoe, it's a given.
    fap

  3. #1903
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,490
    that lil monkey
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  4. #1904
    see me rollin, they hatin
    Reputation: NicoleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,618
    wtf the interwebz
    fap

  5. #1905
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,490
    OH NO! They've got Nicole...
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  6. #1906
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,490
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    wtf the interwebz
    Spam-bot apocalypse
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  7. #1907
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,490
    And now, a seven second clip featuring two wildly popular MTBR celebrities!

    <iframe height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qUcMrHpLr0w" frameBorder="0" width="560" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  8. #1908
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joe-it-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    561
    Sorry for the PM spam... Thought it was my corp interwebs.

  9. #1909
    somehow still alive
    Reputation: Hollyw00d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    And now, a seven second clip featuring two wildly popular MTBR celebrities!

    <iframe height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qUcMrHpLr0w" frameBorder="0" width="560" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
    haha
    Not what you think.

    My videos

  10. #1910
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joe-it-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    561

  11. #1911
    see me rollin, they hatin
    Reputation: NicoleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,618
    i chuckled^^^
    fap

  12. #1912
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,364
    I'm headed out for my first freezing azz, Winter night ride of the cool season. I hope the Mtn Lions aren't hungry tonight. But if the Cougars are hungry, I'm OK with it.

    If you don't hear back from me within 3 hours, something bad happened...

  13. #1913
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    I'm headed out for my first freezing azz, Winter night ride of the cool season. I hope the Mtn Lions aren't hungry tonight. But if the Cougars are hungry, I'm OK with it.

    If you don't hear back from me within 3 hours, something bad happened...
    You've been eaten all up by cougars?

  14. #1914
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,364
    I'm back. No "wild life" sightings.

    My injured/recovering knee did not like the cool weather one bit. It felt great as long as we were moving but the moment we stopped to turn around, I felt a minor sharp ache. I was wearing top and bottom full length compression underwear below my riding attire but I think I need a little extra around the knee. I'd estimate an outdoor temp tonight in the high 40's pushing 50. I know it's gonna get colder than that.

    I tried to take a picture of the city all lit up in the dark from up on an overlook but my cheap cell phone camera couldn't focus in on it which is odd because it's crystal clear here tonight. It did take a really strange image that looks like a spider web to me, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-121213_0003.jpg  


  15. #1915
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    And now, a seven second clip featuring two wildly popular MTBR celebrities!

    <iframe height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qUcMrHpLr0w" frameBorder="0" width="560" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
    OMG! That was brilliant! too funny... most excellent job there netwurker!

  16. #1916
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    I'm back. No "wild life" sightings.

    My injured/recovering knee did not like the cool weather one bit. It felt great as long as we were moving but the moment we stopped to turn around, I felt a minor sharp ache. I was wearing top and bottom full length compression underwear below my riding attire but I think I need a little extra around the knee. I'd estimate an outdoor temp tonight in the high 40's pushing 50. I know it's gonna get colder than that.

    I tried to take a picture of the city all lit up in the dark from up on an overlook but my cheap cell phone camera couldn't focus in on it which is odd because it's crystal clear here tonight. It did take a really strange image that looks like a spider web to me, though.
    Hmmm, Verdugo's, top of La Tuna Cyn? You start on the east end, near Whiting woods or at the 210 parking lot? Wipe the spooge off the lense first before snapshots.

  17. #1917
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,490
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    .... looks like a spider web to me, though.
    Mothman?
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  18. #1918
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,490
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    OMG! That was brilliant! too funny... most excellent job there netwurker!
    Thanks!

    It was great to get a chance to work with a couple of A-listers. Nicole was the consummate professional.

    Huckin' Kitty, on the other hand, the times when he did show up, he was always stoned and seemed to be wired on Mountain Dew.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  19. #1919
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,490
    Everybody....go outside for a while. I just spent 20 minutes on the rear deck, and saw at least a dozen meteors.

    There's some kind of meteor shower all night tonight.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  20. #1920
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,364
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    Hmmm, Verdugo's, top of La Tuna Cyn? You start on the east end, near Whiting woods or at the 210 parking lot? Wipe the spooge off the lense first before snapshots.
    Just a quick climb up Lower Brown Mtn fire road (actually a single track) tonight.

    My workout loop starts on pavement close to Montrose Bike Shop, over to La Tuna, up La Tuna to Verdugo Motorway, left on the motorway to Whiting Woods and down. I pop out back into civilization less than a half mile from home.

  21. #1921
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Took my yellow singlespeed up some longer, steeper hills yesterday. Even though I still had the platform pedals on, I made it up every one of the hills. I had to traverse up part of a couple of them, but only for a few seconds.

    I rode with my fixed gear riding friend. He has a Specialized Langster with a 48x17 gear. I lent him my GoPro HD Hero 960 on a handlebar mount so he could record his climbs. I used my ContourHD on my helmet. My cheapy Casio digital camera came in handy to record him climbing up the last steep hill of the day when the battery in my Contour died as he started up the climb.

    I am loving this bike more and more! After our ride we went to Edible Pedal, where my friend had some Shimano SPDs on consignment. I bought them for $25, put them on my Sirrus, took the pedals with toe clips off the Sirrus, and put them on the singlespeed. I prefer toe clips and straps on bikes that are ridden in town. Clipless is for my road bikes that are used on longer climbing rides out in the country.

    Bike Ride Profile | Singlespeed ride to Fair Oaks with Matthew near Sacramento | Times and Records | Strava
    Singlespeed ride to Fair Oaks with Matthew by freighttraininguphill at Garmin Connect - Details

    Steep Fair Oaks climbs on singlespeed bikes 12-13-12 - YouTube
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qdRteUeuBTg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

  22. #1922
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,364
    Nice belch at :54 Freighty!

  23. #1923
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Nice belch at :54 Freighty!
    Hehe, you caught that one ! I debated whether to leave it in or not, but I didn't want to alter any of the footage of that climb. Besides, I remembered that I had mentioned my loud belches while riding in this thread. I figured this was a good time to let one be heard .

  24. #1924
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    That's an awesome burp. And your buddy that rode with you for a few feet is a machine.

    Freighty, if you don't mind me asking, now old are you? I'm guessing you are older than 20, so I'm shocked to see your HR floating around 200. Your HR profile reminds me of this clip

    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YOK3PCKH17E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  25. #1925
    gran jefe
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    I tried to take a picture of the city all lit up in the dark from up on an overlook but my cheap cell phone camera couldn't focus in on it which is odd because it's crystal clear here tonight. It did take a really strange image that looks like a spider web to me, though.
    It's the Northern Lights. The sensor in your cameraphone's CCD picks up those wavelengths with greater sensitivity than the human eye, so they are visible farther south through the camera.

    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    And now, a seven second clip featuring two wildly popular MTBR celebrities!
    Awesome!

  26. #1926
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,364
    ^ reported AND neg repped!

  27. #1927
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    I say everybody waste a neg-rep on this spammer, and see how big we can get the RED saber

    Spammers are like punching bags - or maybe voodoo dolls for your pent up neg-reps.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  28. #1928
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,364
    As I mentioned in another thread here today, I do not believe that leaving neg rep on a spammer is a "waste". It's a sign post of warning to other members. Works like a charm, IMO.

  29. #1929
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    did my part.

  30. #1930
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    I'm still in lockout...

  31. #1931
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread here today, I do not believe that leaving neg rep on a spammer is a "waste". It's a sign post of warning to other members. Works like a charm, IMO.
    I agree, and have mentioned it too, previously

    Mods seem to like the fewer notifications for the same post to their inbox
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  32. #1932
    I dd what you see there.
    Reputation: XLNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    717
    I got in on the reds too...

    How liberating!!!!
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2011 Trek Cronus CX Ultimate

  33. #1933
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    That's an awesome burp. And your buddy that rode with you for a few feet is a machine.

    Freighty, if you don't mind me asking, now old are you? I'm guessing you are older than 20, so I'm shocked to see your HR floating around 200. Your HR profile reminds me of this clip
    That was a muted burp too . When I'm out in the sticks where I know there's nobody around to get PO'ed at me, I let it fly so loud that it echoes off canyon walls .

    I'll be riding with him again on tomorrow's roadie sufferfest. I just bought some full-fingered gloves and neoprene toe warmers to put over my cycling shoes. It's going to be in the thirties when the ride starts, with a forecast high of only 45. To top it off, there's a 30% chance of showers later in the day, hopefully when the ride is finished.

    I see a nice hot bowl of tomato basil soup in my future! The cheddar broccoli soup I had tonight sure hit the spot.

    I am 45 years old. When I was 25 my max HR was 215. I hit 204 on that Quarry Trail mtb ride I did a month and a half ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    I say everybody waste a neg-rep on this spammer, and see how big we can get the RED saber

    Spammers are like punching bags - or maybe voodoo dolls for your pent up neg-reps.
    I got him from 3 to 4 red chicklets.

  34. #1934
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    BREAKING NEWS, just got my early christmas pressy today n im stoked.

    A 661 RECON STEALTH Helmet in matte black..

    It leaves my fox flux for dead.
    Better straps n system for them
    lighter
    better pads
    better quality all round
    better visor
    Looks the bomb
    the only helmet ive ever put on that looks n feels great.

    If your looking for a new lid check them out, im very hard to please with helmets n im stoked
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  35. #1935
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,364
    Mate, can we see a pic of you with the new helmet on?

  36. #1936
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    I am 45 years old. When I was 25 my max HR was 215. I hit 204 ...
    That's just insane! I know when I hit my max HR because I puke right on cue.

  37. #1937
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,364
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    That's just insane! I know when I hit my max HR because I puke right on cue.
    OMG!!! That's , but at the same time!

  38. #1938
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    OMG!!! That's , but at the same time!
    Like a fool, I did an FTP (f***ing torture protocol..in my book) in a gym. Here is the 20 min profile.

    That drop in power at the end is because I had to fight a what I feared would be a losing battle with my stomach contents. I won out...thankfully for those around me.

    My saga was posted here:
    Bad news on Tuesday--doing an FTP test

  39. #1939
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    That was a muted burp too . When I'm out in the sticks where I know there's nobody around to get PO'ed at me, I let it fly so loud that it echoes off canyon walls .

    I'll be riding with him again on tomorrow's roadie sufferfest. I just bought some full-fingered gloves and neoprene toe warmers to put over my cycling shoes. It's going to be in the thirties when the ride starts, with a forecast high of only 45. To top it off, there's a 30% chance of showers later in the day, hopefully when the ride is finished.

    I see a nice hot bowl of tomato basil soup in my future! The cheddar broccoli soup I had tonight sure hit the spot.

    I am 45 years old. When I was 25 my max HR was 215. I hit 204 on that Quarry Trail mtb ride I did a month and a half ago.


    I got him from 3 to 4 red chicklets.
    Damn Girl, you are an animal... I'm 54, and my max heart rate is about 195, and I'm 6'5" and around 225-235 in my winter coat. Cytomax makes me belch like that... sometimes I don't belch in time and the person behind me suffers.

  40. #1940
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by liljoe76 View Post
    PM's not working today
    Calling on NicoleB28 ; StiHacka ; prophet0426 ; tonyl11 ; skidad ; Pedalphile
    Lowell on Sunday it is. 10am, ride at 10:15.
    I'll do my best to make it.

  41. #1941
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    ^^^reported and redded

  42. #1942
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    I had this in my hands and was texting for approval. I turn my back and black had turned to silver. The blacks were all gone. My wife's response--why didn't you hold onto it? Why does she mock me so????
    The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-imageuploadedbytapatalk1355611588.124016.jpg
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  43. #1943
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,364
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    I had this in my hands and was texting for approval. I turn my back and black had turned to silver. The blacks were all gone. My wife's response--why didn't you hold onto it? Why does she mock me so????
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355611588.124016.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	745355
    Silver is shinier. Just go with it!

  44. #1944
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    I'm not sure. After seeing Ozzy's work with a black, it seems like the higher frame capture rate would be worth it.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  45. #1945
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,895
    I tried my keychain camera with an external battery pack for the first time today. Got 1hr of non-stop boring footage, now I hate even the thought of processing and uploading it somewhere. I am glad I realized this before paying $$$ for a real camera.

  46. #1946
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,364
    You'll be impressed with any model.

  47. #1947
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joe-it-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    I'll do my best to make it.
    Supah, we'll be there.

    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these bikers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

  48. #1948
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    You'll be impressed with any model.
    There was an open box, unused silver for 250.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  49. #1949
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,490
    We made it out riding in Huntsville today. Nice weather today , here;s a quick edit...

    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/47rHJ0n_IMc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/47rHJ0n_IMc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  50. #1950
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,364
    Super fine editing work there Net!!!

    I got out on a great ride today, too. Did Los Robles Open Space with OO7. I haven't been there in a few years. It's a tough ride with lots of short but very steep climbing. I have two clips to share. This first one is of a short section of ST called Los Padres Trail that I was introduced to today by OO7. Tomorrow, I will post part of a longer, steeper downhill run on a different trail called Rosewood. It was a bit cool this morning at 45 degrees but we warmed up from the climbs pretty quick.

    BTW, I turned up the volume for Freighty.

    OO7 was wearing his pink socks again today....

    <iframe width="960" height="540" src="http://contour.com/stories/los-padres-trail-12-15-2012/embed?map=false&width=960px&height=540px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •