Page 38 of 115 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 ... LastLast
    see me rollin, they hatin
    actually, Sti, it was fun watching your suspension!
    fap

Dissolved member
    I guess my experiment is not exactly success. Gotta find a different spot for the camera.

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Anyone wants moar videos? I took a few short ones today with a new experimental perspective. You have to endure a lot of yellow and my sexy calf.

This section of trail is what I call a wake up call. If I start my ride there early morning, it is either wake up now or wake up later in the hospital.

Shall I post moar? I also have a short steep rocky climb for freighttrain and a flowy-ish singletrack with some rocky sections take from the same spot.
    That's a real great vid you made there.

Love the "out of the box" view.

Magura

Prime
    freighttrain, I just back, 17.1 miles total, 1695 ft of climbing, 1.5 hours. I've got it on strava, gonna take me a while to put together some video though. The actual tough part of the climb starts at 2 miles into the ride, climbs 957 ft in 5.5 miles, steepest grade 10.5%, I did it in 37:41, average speed 8.8 mph, on a 32x19 SS 29er, gives me an approximate average cadence of 60 rpm. It was tough, there was a few points where I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it, but I did. Then I proceeded to climb every side shoot road up there before I came down. One thing I did learn though, as much as I like a Ground Control/Captain combo on my SS, it's not the best when you're blasting through corners at 32 mph coming down. I think that I may have found a new way to abuse myself. I even left the baggies and t-shirt home and went full lycra, haha.

um, poopypants!!!! that wasnt an insult. i thought looked cool. i just liked watching your bouncy fork.

here's another. kept it short. twisty with some chunkorz towards the end. We do a lot of geeky gum-flappin, so just ignore that (unless you're freight, she likes that )
    fap

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    um, poopypants!!!! that wasnt an insult. i thought looked cool. i just liked watching your bouncy fork.

here's another. kept it short. twisty with some chunkorz towards the end. We do a lot of geeky gum-flappin, so just ignore that (unless you're freight, she likes that )
    Cool stuff Nic, poopypants likes! That chunkorz looks good, you got to pick some up'n'down thru-the-chunk lines the next time so we can see you bounce around a bit more.

Prime
    This section of trail is what I call a wake up call. If I start my ride there early morning, it is either wake up now or wake up later in the hospital.

Shall I post moar? I also have a short steep rocky climb for freighttrain and a flowy-ish singletrack with some rocky sections take from the same spot.

Nice vid Sti, looks like a fun chunk of trail. Seeing leaves on the ground makes me think of fall time dampness, and slippery rocks and roots. I don't see much slippery out here, and very few roots.

By all means, post 'em. This thread was started for just this sort of thing. The regulars that hang in the OC can share, without having to go chasing through a bunch of different forums.

Cool stuff Nic, poopypants likes! That chunkorz looks good, you got to pick some up'n'down thru-the-chunk lines the next time so we can see you bounce around a bit more.
    i go over what i can, and thru what i cant! aint that life!
    fap

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    That's a real great vid you made there.
    Love the "out of the box" view.
    Magura
    Thank you Mr. Magura, you are too kind.

Here is the "flowy" video, I improved my best there today.

Unfortunately, the last recorded sound in that piece is air escaping the rear tire so I had to hike the bike a couple miles back home.

Back to the civilization

And here is the climb for Freighttrain. 0.3m 6% ascent, loose rocks and some chunk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGFaJ_EUnVc

mtbr member
    love that section. you missed the sweet roller and drop.
    Last edited by Joe-it-all; 11-25-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: for nicole

Prime
    here's another. kept it short. twisty with some chunkorz towards the end.
    Looks like fun, nicole, that's the sort of trails that I rode back in Michigan. Just out of curiosity, does your bf ride with you, or does he do his thing and you do yours?

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by liljoe76 View Post
    Which video, at what time? I think I hit them all in the 1st vid.

Edit: nevermind, I guess that comment belonged to Zebra pants.

Quote Originally Posted by liljoe76 View Post
    which part? If it's some AM bruh stuff, then you're damn right i missed it
    fap

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoleb28 View Post
    which part? If it's some am bruh stuff, then you're damn right i missed it :d:d:d
    hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Looks like fun, nicole, that's the sort of trails that I rode back in Michigan. Just out of curiosity, does your bf ride with you, or does he do his thing and you do yours?
    yes, he's been riding forever. We ride together often, but if he's working on weekends, then i get to go out riding with random forum hunks
    fap

Dissolved member
    Nice vid Sti, looks like a fun chunk of trail. Seeing leaves on the ground makes me think of fall time dampness, and slippery rocks and roots. I don't see much slippery out here, and very few roots.

By all means, post 'em. This thread was started for just this sort of thing. The regulars that hang in the OC can share, without having to go chasing through a bunch of different forums.
    Thank you Opti. The leaves turn everything a bit into a crapshoot, at least they do it for me. They can be quite slippery even when dry, especially on slick rock. There are few fun sections on my daily trails but nothing comparable to your goodness. I got to ride in Az some day!

Ride More, Whine Less
    I think I'm having too much fun these days. I created a thread to put your videos that belong on the cutting room floor.
    The cutting room floor--a home for your worst videos

Sti--I'm not saying your video of your shock belongs there, but if you happened to post it up, I don't think anybody would second guess your decision

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Sti--I'm not saying your video of your shock belongs there, but if you happened to post it up, I don't think anybody would second guess your decision
    Oh man that hurts. Even a pitch black video with skipping sound would not give me as solid headache like your masterpiece there!

official eMpTyBRain
    Nice vids everyone!

Good log cleaning Nic!

Sorry about the limp home Sti! Darn flats!!!

I was thinking of doing a local loop ride today but I didn't sleep well last night and there is a first stage smog alert here today (extremely rare, anymore!). What I really wanted to do is ride to the top and take a bunch view pics. I have a spectacular view of the Northern Los Angeles area and on a clear day, it's like looking at a map. It's gonna have to wait. Still pics idea inspired by the Monz and others here who posted their pics.

Kinda cute how everyone is posting uphill grunt vids now for Freighty. Looks like I'm going to have to hit Big Sycamore again soon and record the "Hell Hill" climb...
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

re member
    Wow...just getting caught up on this thread. I love it. I love seeing everyone's normal, local, day to day, week in and week out rides. Keep em coming. Pix too.

Everyone makes videos of their "Grand Bike Destination Trip" and those are cool, but these are too, in a different way.

Sti, nice fork! and cool videos!
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

official eMpTyBRain
    Even a pitch black video with skipping sound would not give me as solid headache like your masterpiece there!

Prime
    yes, he's been riding forever. We ride together often, but if he's working on weekends, then i get to go out riding with random forum hunks
    , the riding together part. Well, maybe the random forum hunks part a bit too.

Seriously, I'm glad that you guys ride together.

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Kinda cute how everyone is posting uphill grunt vids now for Freighty. Looks like I'm going to have to hit Big Sycamore again soon and record the "Hell Hill" climb...
    Find her on strava, she's a monster, and an inspiration.

official eMpTyBRain
    Find her on strava, she's a monster, and an inspiration.
    No doubt she'd bury us on the steep extended grinds.

Prime
    Changed my helmet cam settings today from 1080p & 30 fps to 720p & 60 fps, holy smokes what a difference. The video rivals you guys running the Contours. I'm currently uploading one seriously long and uneventful video for freighttrain.

Page 38 of 115 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 ... LastLast