Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,900 of 2849
    gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    with those "smaller" 4" wheels fitted the bike is approx 25lb, they flick around quite well when built for dirt
    totes jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I don't know. It's pretty steep, but nothing like Opti is pushing his bike up, there.
    oh, yeah, not even close. i was just wondering for the sake of comparison.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Someone on another forum gave me a link to this handy mtb tire pressure calculator. Turns out I was pretty close to the ideal pressure for my weight: MTB tech

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    Someone on another forum gave me a link to this handy mtb tire pressure calculator. Turns out I was pretty close to the ideal pressure for my weight: MTB tech
    I'm 1 psi low in the front, right on for the rear.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I'm 1 psi low in the front, right on for the rear.
    I was 2 psi low in the rear and 1 psi high in the front, but I figure 30 psi is good enough. I really don't want to run any more than that on rough, technical trails.

mtbr member
    I checked mine out, thanks Freighty! I'm in the ballpark which is good enough for me since tubeless set ups slowly leak anyway.

Was gonna try to sneak in a mid day workout loop ride but the moisture has beat me to the punch.

I have a ride planned this weekend with a few other MTBR members on a trail system I haven't done for quite a while. Can't wait!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Since I plan on doing a roadie ride this weekend, this is the one I will be doing if it doesn't rain. 61.8 miles with 5,416' of climbing. The problem is, it's a group ride and I have a fat ass, so can you say sufferfest?

I just hope there's enough time for me to stop and change batteries in my cameras . I predict two or three battery changes for a ride of that length.

mtbr member
    Since I plan on doing a roadie ride this weekend, this is the one I will be doing if it doesn't rain. 61.8 miles with 5,416' of climbing. The problem is, it's a group ride and I have a fat ass, so can you say sufferfest?

I just hope there's enough time for me to stop and change batteries in my cameras . I predict two or three battery changes for a ride of that length.
    Oh, I'm quite sure you'll be up front grunting with the leaders on the steep climb sections.

Ride More, Work Less
    Interesting. I'm supposed to run around 34-35. I think that is where I'm at, but to be honest, I just give them a squeeze test and go more by feel. I really don't think my gauge is that accurate.

see me rollin, they hatin
    i'm guessing my 15 psi on my squish machine doesnt exactly make me a speed demon thats ok, i'm just trying not to scramble my eggs too much
    fap

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Oh, I'm quite sure you'll be up front grunting with the leaders on the steep climb sections.
    I wish! The ride leader is 56 years old, but he's still 1-2 mph faster than me. Another sign of things to come is the classic cyclist talk he's doing in the comments section for the ride, saying that he's sampled too much of his homemade toffee and he expects to suffer because of the weight gain.

Whenever a rider says they're out of shape, recovering from an illness, etc, expect them to make you suffer!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    i'm guessing my 15 psi on my squish machine doesnt exactly make me a speed demon thats ok, i'm just trying not to scramble my eggs too much
    Oh, come on! A toddler sitting on your seat would flatten the tires if they were only 15psi.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Oh, come on! A toddler sitting on your seat would flatten the tires if they were only 15psi.
    I didn't top off my tires for several months, and I ended up with pressures in the teens in both of them. Amazingly enough, no pinch flats and no unusually high effort on climbs.

banned
    Sep 2007
    I run my tires about 2 psi lower than they suggest, both front and rear. I'm no hucking kitty anymore these days, pick clean lines, occasionally launch off a rock, and my rims (Stan's Flows) and wheels that I built and tensioned myself, seem to, after 3 years, still have even tension and are still straight. Hand built wheels rock.

Is not amused
    Thanks for posting! That's how things look to me when I'm drunk.
    That's f'ed up. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    That's f'ed up. Thanks.
    Oh, come on now?! You're taking it wrong.

Tell ya what, I will send my Contour camera to you use for a while, OK? But you gotta give it back!

Fat & Single
    Same here with 2psi less. My SS is 21psi front and back with 2.4 Racing Ralphs, the other bike doesnt have a selection for the tyre size, 6-9psi on 4.8's
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

somehow still alive
    I checked my tires once..... 8psi front 5psi rear... oops. dented a rim that day. and Climbing was awful

now I stay at 18-22psi. and I check more often..
    Not what you think.

My videos

Is not amused
    Oh, come on now?! You're taking it wrong.

Tell ya what, I will send my Contour camera to you use for a while, OK? But you gotta give it back!
    Nope. I will continue to make shlt videos.

Ride More, Work Less
    Anybody else watching what is going on with power meters? This price point is starting to be a little more attractive.
    Stages Cycling

mtbr member
    Nope. I will continue to make shlt videos.

i wanna make night riding vids so bad! my camera isnt having it. all i see is a bright dot of light and nothingness surrounding it. I mostly want to make night vids because i have good song ideas for setting the mood
    fap

mtbr member
    i wanna make night riding vids so bad! my camera isnt having it. all i see is a bright dot of light and nothingness surrounding it. I mostly want to make night vids because i have good song ideas for setting the mood
    Sadly cameras seem to go into tunnel vision mode in the dark. I suppose if you had at least 3000 watts with extra wide angle reflection, it might work. It might...

A night vision camera would work well, though.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Sadly cameras seem to go into tunnel vision mode in the dark. I suppose if you had at least 3000 watts with extra wide angle reflection, it might work. It might...

A night vision camera would work well, though.
    Hey 5500bassman, seems we are gonna be playing the waiting game... 3/4 to an inch of rain coming before the weekend... Though the San Gabes and decomposed granite ride OK after the rain... whens the last time you dropped down into El Prieto?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    Hey 5500bassman, seems we are gonna be playing the waiting game... 3/4 to an inch of rain coming before the weekend... Though the San Gabes and decomposed granite ride OK after the rain... whens the last time you dropped down into El Prieto?
    I've been down it a few times since last Summer. It's in fine shape. Still has some really challenging sections.

Is not amused
    Well, I have a couple ideas to enhance my shlt videos. I tried fitting the phone on my pack which works, haven't tried it on the trail but then I can only shoot in vertical mode. The other option would be to tape it to my bars but IDK about that. Any suggestions bassmaster besides getting a actual cam? To bad the I-phony cam mount won't work on my phone cause those videos come out all right...

banned
    Sep 2007
    I've not been on it since the Station Fire... changed much from the runoff?

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    the other bike doesnt have a selection for the tyre size, 6-9psi on 4.8's
    Hey, that's why that fatty is so light, you only have 9 pounds of air in the tires while the rest of us are running in the 20's. That's cheating!!

mtbr member
    I've not been on it since the Station Fire... changed much from the runoff?
    In some places it's routed a little different, and at least one of the those new sections is even better than before. But it's pretty much the same over all, minus some foliage that roasted in the fire. The few gnarly technical sections are still in place.

mtbr member
    Well, I have a couple ideas to enhance my shlt videos. I tried fitting the phone on my pack which works, haven't tried it on the trail but then I can only shoot in vertical mode. The other option would be to tape it to my bars but IDK about that. Any suggestions bassmaster besides getting a actual cam? To bad the I-phony cam mount won't work on my phone cause those videos come out all right...
    It's gonna be least shakey mounted to your body. No way to mount it side ways for wide angle? Then again, WGAF about the angle. Just record man!

Is not amused
    It's gonna be least shakey mounted to your body. No way to mount it side ways for wide angle? Then again, WGAF about the angle. Just record man!
    Okay figured that out. It really isn't too bad but, my damn trail is so windy it looses focus and the vertical sometimes cuts the view out. This was during this morning before the sun. No way to get it to mount side ways though. I'm not even going to bother to upload it here but it was a little chilly out this morning. 22F when I left, it's 25F now. Had a weird moment though where I swear there was a horse breathing right next to me though.

The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-duurrr.jpg

mtbr member
    Had a weird moment though where I swear there was a horse breathing right next to me though. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duurrr.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	744614
    Maybe it was the Mothman?

Rabid Lana fan
    The few gnarly technical sections are still in place.
    This means that all is still right in the world.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Rabid Lana fan
    Maybe it was the Mothman?
    I think you're right about MM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-___mm_duurrr.png  

mtbr member
    I didn't know Mothman had red boobs?

Is not amused
    Hardy har, har, hope it pays both of you a visit.

Hutch, you get to ride with Mothman?! Badass.

Also, everyone, this is me officially saying I am unofficially doing Burn24 next year; solo; single speed, ****. The people in my area are endurance nuts and have convinced me I can do it. So here's to that. Plan on a lot more updates in this thread from me as I pretend to know what I'm doing with regard to training and nutrition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

mtbr member
    ^ Studly

Rabid Lana fan
    I didn't know Mothman had red boobs?
    That's his eyes!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    That's his eyes!
    Oh, the "headless Mothman". Hmm? Moths do have heads. I wonder why this one has red boob eyes?

Rabid Lana fan
    Monzie, you'll be fine...you're a SS pedal monster! Maybe take a bunch of performance enhancing drugs? I dunno.

Rabid Lana fan
    Oh, the "headless Mothman". Hmm? Moths do have heads. I wonder why this one has red boob eyes?
    You could ask Nicky. She's somewhat of an expert on mothman folklore.

AZ
    banned
    I am Mothman.

Mothman appears to have eyes on it's chest region (no visible neck or head) but it could be almost like an owl, where the head is low into the chest, giving that illusion. Most people didnt see any facial features. the paintings/drawings look mostly like THIS (i made this in PS, based on witnesses sketches). Am i right Hutch? you saw it!
    fap

Rabid Lana fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    I am Mothman.
    Go to the light....go to the light.....
    Last edited by net wurker; 12-13-2012 at 10:17 AM.

it chases cars (general fascination with cars) can fly 90+ mph, possibly eats dogs and livestock, but never attacked humans. Mothman is my JAM!!!!

and Stihacka, ride is on this Sunday. you WILL make it or i will kill you right in your stupid face!!! whos' bike am i going to lick if you dont show?
    fap

banned
    Sep 2007
    Nicole, limit it to seat sniffing, licking is over the line.

Nicole, limit it to seat sniffing, licking is over the line.
    hell no. he has a yellow bike. my fave color. besides, dont make me feel any worse about my oral fixation. its a very distracting mental illness.
    fap

Is not amused
    Mothman appears to have eyes on it's chest region (no visible neck or head) but it could be almost like an owl, where the head is low into the chest, giving that illusion. Most people didnt see any facial features. the paintings/drawings look mostly like THIS (i made this in PS, based on witnesses sketches). Am i right Hutch? you saw it!
    Yes. True story. After seeing it, my marriage went down the drain, military, lots of bad things happened shortly after. For me it was a bad omen. Everyone can knock my story or others that have seen or encountered it, till it happens to them.

Oh and if a certain someone *cough,cough* would go on a certain page they would be able to hear what I heard this morning. Come to think of it, it sounds like a Buck grunting/breathing at me.

mtbr member
    PM's not working today
    Calling on NicoleB28 ; StiHacka ; prophet0426 ; tonyl11 ; skidad ; Pedalphile
    Lowell on Sunday it is. 10am, ride at 10:15.

PMs ARE working! i got about 8 of them
    fap