Page 37 of 115 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 ... LastLast
    pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Here's a quicky from last winter. The leaves are down, you can really get a good look at the terrain on Monte Sano.
    Good video. That area looks similar to a favorite trail network singlesprocket and I ride called Kolapore (Ontario). Ravines, escarpment rocks, good climbs and fun descents

We like exploring the caves
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

see me rollin, they hatin
    a sex machine rolled into the house. i always wanted this bike, but alas, it's just being borrowed. now i'm going to have to convince the Ball&Chain he cant buy another bike (he traded bikes for the weekend, and i know he wants one of these!)

fap

Quote Originally Posted by liljoe76 View Post
    SONOFARAZZLEFRAZZLE! Are you kitten me? Sitting here with my WTF face!
    I'm guessing it's on the far side of Trotting Pond Rd (the paved rd) on the left.
    Thanks, I know what I'm doing tomorrow afternoon.
    -Joe
    might be too late for you to see this, but you know the long switchback climb that drops you off pretty high up? there a few different ways down. i feel like we got to the top of that long climb, then beared left, and started dropping down singletrack. if you start seeing jumps, you'll know you're on the right trail.

and yes, we always start on trotting park, and start heading left. i dont know my way around there well, as i'm always a "follower"
    fap

Sitting at the trail head waiting for the leader of a morning group ride to show. It looks like its a group ride of one today. I've called and texted to no response. It's 32*F and I'm riding solo until this afternoons group ride. Lame. I'm cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    a sex machine rolled into the house. i always wanted this bike, but alas, it's just being borrowed. now i'm going to have to convince the Ball&Chain he cant buy another bike (he traded bikes for the weekend, and i know he wants one of these!)

Nice nice bike Nic, its a dream machine and the only colour that i like on a bike..
    Hey did you see AZs thread in the OC 'wanted'
    I have a few ideas about new sub-forums for MTBR and your the subject of one of them
    please pop over there n tell me what you think
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

official eMpTyBRain
    DW Link suspension is really nice, so I've heard. Oh wait, my Pivot has DW Link!

***Let's all post close up pics of our bikes and discuss.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

this thread exploded since yesterday! i just got caught up. Everybody, nice vids and pics!
    Opti, i want to ride your trails! the closest thing to that around here is dry rocky powerline trails, which i like to ride, but i'm admittedly not a fan of "you must clear this or you're going to tumble down a ravine". i love chunk, just not zeroerrororyou'lldie stuff.
    fap

official eMpTyBRain
    She now sports Specialized Ground Control tires... a vast improvement in traction for pushing it hard and in turns.

Also, I had the fork increased in travel from 95mm to 115mm since this pic was taken. HUGE improvement in downhill maneuverability/stability.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-dscn2369.jpg  

Ride More, Whine Less
    I was inspired last night, so today I McGyvered me a Flip video mount. I think I have something that can work.

A quick write up is here:
    Flip video mount on a budget

Included in the thread is a quick spin around the house. Now, I just need to get out and trail test it.

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    She now sports Specialized Ground Control tires... a vast improvement in traction for pushing it hard and in turns.

Also, I had the fork increased in travel from 95mm to 115mm since this pic was taken. HUGE improvement in downhill maneuverability/stability.
    Nice Pivot, ambassador. I've never ridden a 429, but always kind of wanted to. I tend to think of myself as more AM than a 429, but I've seen some guys just tearing up National on 429's. Sounds like the changes that you've made have increased the versatility for you.

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Good video. That area looks similar to a favorite trail network singlesprocket and I ride called Kolapore (Ontario). Ravines, escarpment rocks, good climbs and fun descents

We like exploring the caves
    Very interesting and adventurous looking area, looks like a lot of fun.

Dissolved member
    Wait, did anyone say DW-Link? We have a 26" bike here, we have a cool 29er, it is time fill the gaps.

650Baby!

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    Here's my Mercy Mile climb video. This is a very slow, tortuous climb. On the steepest sections I'm traveling at less than walking speed.
    Holy crap! I've stalked you a bit on strava, so I know that you're a climber. 10 minutes of granny gear walking speed grinding, your legs must have been on fire. I couldn't help but laugh (with you, definitely not at you) when you were all over the track, in the rain rut (oops), almost off in the grass. 711 ft in 1 mile, the only real resting places are the few spots that it's ONLY 5.5% grade, it looks like a killer climb. I liked the end,"It's a b!tch".

I've got a paved road here close to home, 7 miles of constant 5-8% grade. You're close to making me take my single speed over there and seeing what I can do.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Wait, did anyone say DW-Link? We have a 26" bike here, we have a cool 29er, it is time fill the gaps.

650Baby!
    Love it!

pin it
    i love challenging trails (rocks, roots, steep...) makes me try harder and become a better rider.

Good video!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Prime
    this thread exploded since yesterday! i just got caught up. Everybody, nice vids and pics!
    Opti, i want to ride your trails! the closest thing to that around here is dry rocky powerline trails, which i like to ride, but i'm admittedly not a fan of "you must clear this or you're going to tumble down a ravine". i love chunk, just not zeroerrororyou'lldie stuff.

There's lots of stuff out here that is a lot of fun to ride, as challenging as you want to make it, but doesn't have the "fall off a cliff if you fail" consequences. There's days that I like a little milder but fast ride, then there's the days that I scare myself. Yesterday had it's scary bits.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's lots of stuff out here that is a lot of fun to ride, as challenging as you want to make it, but doesn't have the "fall off a cliff if you fail" consequences. There's days that I like a little milder but fast ride, then there's the days that I scare myself. Yesterday had it's scary bits.
    I'm still shaking thinking about the gnar on your steep video clip, LOL!

Can't help feeling the sensation of falling uncontrollably. I guess it's still in my mind enough to effect me.

Loves to suffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Holy crap! I've stalked you a bit on strava, so I know that you're a climber. 10 minutes of granny gear walking speed grinding, your legs must have been on fire. I couldn't help but laugh (with you, definitely not at you) when you were all over the track, in the rain rut (oops), almost off in the grass. 711 ft in 1 mile, the only real resting places are the few spots that it's ONLY 5.5% grade, it looks like a killer climb. I liked the end,"It's a b!tch".

I've got a paved road here close to home, 7 miles of constant 5-8% grade. You're close to making me take my single speed over there and seeing what I can do.
    There was more of that 2 mph climbing, but I edited it down to 11:20, as I figured I was pushing it as it was. I kept the hardest parts though, like my desperate attempts to pick a line while at my limit

If you take your SS up that mountain road of yours, be sure to make a video .

Sexy bikes everyone. Especially that Ibis. I'm taking an hour break until my group ride at 14:00EST. I'm already 27-30mi in of pure singletrack and am going to do 6 or 16mi more, depending on how I feel. I will post some crappy pictures when I get home tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    Sexy bikes everyone. Especially that Ibis. I'm taking an hour break until my group ride at 14:00EST. I'm already 27-30mi in of pure singletrack and am going to do 6 or 16mi more, depending on how I feel. I will post some crappy pictures when I get home tonight.

You're out there, monz, that's what matters. 36-46 miles, not too shabby.

Ride More, Whine Less
    My homemade camera mount is a bust. The Flip doesn't have a wide enough angle lens to work for the trials. I made about a 30 minute video of pure twitchiness. I cut a couple of minutes of the start here:
    Blair Witch Biking - YouTube

Later in the ride, when the actual tight single track started, the bar mounted camera will turn the strongest stomach over as it rapidly pans back and forth.

I guess I'll have to ask Santa for a better camera

Loves to suffer
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    My homemade camera mount is a bust. The Flip doesn't have a wide enough angle lens to work for the trials. I made about a 30 minute video of pure twitchiness.

Later in the ride, when the actual tight single track started, the bar mounted camera will turn the strongest stomach over as it rapidly pans back and forth.
    That's too bad about the lack of a wide-angle lens, as your homemade camera mount seems to work pretty well compared to my attempt at mounting my Flip UltraHD on my handlebars with a Pedco UltraClamp. The UltraClamp is a great mount, but even on that pavement test ride there was lots of rolling shutter waviness in the picture.

Your mount works better, plus the Flip has better sound quality than the GoPro and Contour cameras. It also records in stereo, which I really like.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    might be too late for you to see this, but you know the long switchback climb that drops you off pretty high up? there a few different ways down. i feel like we got to the top of that long climb, then beared left, and started dropping down singletrack. if you start seeing jumps, you'll know you're on the right trail.

and yes, we always start on trotting park, and start heading left. i dont know my way around there well, as i'm always a "follower"
    Didn't bother trying this AM, my feets were fully frozen during a ride at MIT in Groton. I need some winter shoes. But I did find this last night lowell dracut - Lowell, Massachusetts , marker 2 and 3. Can't believe I've missed it all year, thanks for clueing me in.

Dissolved member
    Anyone wants moar videos? I took a few short ones today with a new experimental perspective. You have to endure a lot of yellow and my sexy calf.

This section of trail is what I call a wake up call. If I start my ride there early morning, it is either wake up now or wake up later in the hospital.

Shall I post moar? I also have a short steep rocky climb for freighttrain and a flowy-ish singletrack with some rocky sections take from the same spot.

Page 37 of 115 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 ... LastLast