Page 36 of 115 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 ... LastLast
    official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    I use a $30 keychain camera and $10 cellphone wide angle adapter and electrician's tape. For my kind of footage, I spent way more than I should have.

Opti - if you only want to trim your videos or add captions, try Windows Live Movie Maker. It comes free with Win 7 and it never skipped for me.
    Sti, I've actually done this with WLMM and it works well but how do I post them on here after they are done???
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Ride More, Whine Less
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Heyyal, I hope she was okay??!??
    He is 13 and does not admit pain. He had a nice slasher mark across the chest, but loved the story.

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Sti, I've actually done this with WLMM and it works well but how do I post them on here after they are done???
    Youtube or vimeo or something similar. I upload them to YT and then share via their embed option.

Naw 'Hawg, it's a bash sized for a 36t so I can go up to that big if I feel like it without having to have a dozen bash guards. My ride is SS and rigid though. It's my favorite way to ride. I jokingly say suspension is for people who can't ride bikes. Just to mess with the people in my area since a large number have full sus. bikes when I find that to be way too much for our local trails. HT's are nice for Pisgah but I don't think necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Ride More, Whine Less
    heyyall, nice to see you in action!
    Thanks! Hopefully more will come.

official eMpTyBRain
    Youtube or vimeo or something similar. I upload them to YT and then share via their embed option.
    K, thanks!

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    Naw 'Hawg, it's a bash sized for a 36t so I can go up to that big if I feel like it without having to have a dozen bash guards. My ride is SS and rigid though. It's my favorite way to ride. I jokingly say suspension is for people who can't ride bikes. Just to mess with the people in my area since a large number have full sus. bikes when I find that to be way too much for our local trails. HT's are nice for Pisgah but I don't think necessary.
    So, in SS mode, what's your gearing front and rear?

BTW, how long did it take to grow your dreads down past your azz?

Nics gonna get all hot and bothered when she see's your pics, they really are great!

32x16x26x175 that's chainringxcogxtirexcrank arm length.

Six years.

Don't I know it; and count on it. I apparently signed a legit contract--read bar nap written up by the hot 40yo bartender--to cut them off; oh, whiskey how I love thee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

re member
    Here's a quicky from last winter. The leaves are down, you can really get a good look at the terrain on Monte Sano.

Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

somehow still alive
    worked on the bike today.
    Not what you think.

My videos

re member
    whaddja do?

official eMpTyBRain
    ^ nice video. I could certainly get into riding there!

Dissolved member
    On Thu, I crashed a little and broke a Reverb hose connection at the remote. The only thing holding the hose in place seems to be a tiny feeble barb inside it so even the smallest impact with shear it. Now I have to track down a replacement kit and bleed the darn thing.

re member
    On Thu, I crashed a little and broke a Reverb hose connection at the remote. The only thing holding the hose in place seems to be a tiny feeble barb inside it so even the smallest impact with shear it. Now I have to track down a replacement kit and bleed the darn thing.
    Bummer

Prime
    Straight from camera to vimeo, this little bit wasn't in my jerky vid. I've been busy trying to find a decent editor that will run on my computer. I'm still XP, 3.1 GHZ dual core, plenty of RAM, ATI Radeon 4600 series graphics card.

Prime
    ^ nice video. I could certainly get into riding there!
    Looks fast.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Straight from camera to vimeo, this little bit wasn't in my jerky vid. I've been busy trying to find a decent editor that will run on my computer. I'm still XP, 3.1 GHZ dual core, plenty of RAM, ATI Radeon 4600 series graphics card.

Much better! That stuff scares me, there's no room for error. Talk about staying on top of your game?!

If your system can handle it, upgrade to Windows 7. It operates a lot like XP which made the transition fairly simple.

Dissolved member
    That's some nice chunk Opti. Does your XP come with Windows Movie Maker? Try to search for it in start menus, it might be sitting there.

Prime
    That's some nice chunk Opti. Does your XP come with Windows Movie Maker? Try to search for it in start menus, it might be sitting there.
    It does, and I've used it before, but from what I hear the XP version is not nearly as nice as the 7 version. I also have to convert because you cannot import a MOV in the XP version. I can upgrade my Quicktime to Pro for only $30, then I would have no converting to do. I'll drop $400 on a hub or a seat post in a heartbeat, but I'm all cheap skate when it comes to other things. You should hear me complain when I have to spend $12 on a haircut.

official eMpTyBRain
    It does, and I've used it before, but from what I hear the XP version is not nearly as nice as the 7 version. I also have to convert because you cannot import a MOV in the XP version. I can upgrade my Quicktime to Pro for only $30, then I would have no converting to do. I'll drop $400 on a hub or a seat post in a heartbeat, but I'm all cheap skate when it comes to other things. You should hear me complain when I have to spend $12 on a haircut.
    I know what you mean.

Prime
    This ones long, almost 15 minutes. And hey, not jerky. You can see me get dropped by the guys I was riding with, and you can see where I chicken out and get hung up, all of the things that we normally edit out.

official eMpTyBRain
    This ones long, almost 15 minutes. And hey, not jerky. You can see me get dropped by the guys I was riding with, and you can see where I chicken out and get hung up, all of the things that we normally edit out.
    I was chewing my nails down to nubs and seeing stars from elevated BP watching that. Those switchbacks are really gnarly.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Here's the video from Clementine, Fuel Break, Culvert, and Confluence. This is mostly the good singletrack, technical stuff, downhills, and a tiny bit of climbing on Clementine and Fuel Break. The Mercy Mile climb will be a separate upload. I'm almost done editing that one and it will be uploaded shortly.

For those who don't have Strava, here's the Garmin Connect link from today's ride. This allows you to see the elevation data without needing an account login: Clementine, Fuel Break, Culvert, Confluence, Mercy Mile, Stagecoach by freighttraininguphill at Garmin Connect - Details

Contour | Stories | Auburn MTB ride 11-24-12

Prime
    Nice video freighttrain, very scenic, and you've definitely got some scary exposure there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Finally got to kick back and watch everyone else's videos.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    at around 35 sec, i do a little jump off the end of the bridge and sprained my ankle upon landing (which is why i had to pull over)
    Ouch! Hope you feel better soon!

I'm loving these trails you guys have, and Net Wurker's dog! Some of them are very similar to the ones I ride around here, including some of the ones I rode yesterday. I love technical singletrack!

Optimus, I would love to ride that trail! Well, except maybe that last gnarly downhill ! Nice climb too .

Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    As it turns out, I have an older Flip video camera. I probably just need to create some sort of stable mount for the bike and I could be in the game. Hum, maybe I need to go looking in the DIY section a bit.
    I have two Flip UltraHDs, and I wouldn't recommend using them on a handlebar mount due to the excessive amount of rolling shutter "jello vision" you will get. I tried mine on a handlebar mount on pavement and it looked like shyt. This is partly due to the 30fps frame rate. I use 60fps on my GoPro and Contour cameras, so rolling shutter is greatly reduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I use on of these. You can find them for around 20-30 bux on-line.
    Yup, that's the Pedco UltraClamp. I have three of them and I always use one to mount cameras on the handlebars. I bought them on Amazon for $21.

but from what I hear the XP version is not nearly as nice as the 7 version. I also have to convert because you cannot import a MOV in the XP version. I can upgrade my Quicktime to Pro for only $30, then I would have no converting to do. I'll drop $400 on a hub or a seat post in a heartbeat, but I'm all cheap skate when it comes to other things. You should hear me complain when I have to spend $12 on a haircut.
    I have read bad reviews on Quicktime Pro. Supposedly it sucks for editing. If you can ever get your hands on a Windows 7 computer, the free Windows Live Movie Maker 2011 will edit .mov (Quicktime) files without having to do any lossy and time-consuming conversions first. I never convert my raw files as that causes loss of quality.

WLMM will also edit the .mp4 files the GoPro and other cameras produce.

Here's my Mercy Mile climb video. This is a very slow, tortuous climb. On the steepest sections I'm traveling at less than walking speed.

I used my helmet-mounted ContourHD footage instead of the chest-mount GoPro footage for yesterday's videos. The Contour's microphone is less sensitive than the one in the GoPro, so my suffering isn't as loud as it is on my GoPro videos. That should make this video a little less NSFW

Contour | Stories | Auburn, CA 'Mercy Mile' MTB climb (Strava segment)

Page 36 of 115 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 ... LastLast