Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 2849
    live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    I like synonym toast

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    I'm all of those tonight...
    I'm all of those the last 2 weeks. We're trying to ship everything out of the shop that we can before year end. Everyone wants to start kicking back for the holiday's, so I'm having to ride them a bit more than usual, lots of tensions building. 2 weeks to go, then 11 days off.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I'm all of those the last 2 weeks. We're trying to ship everything out of the shop that we can before year end. Everyone wants to start kicking back for the holiday's, so I'm having to ride them a bit more than usual, lots of tensions building. 2 weeks to go, then 11 days off.
    you ship shlt?
    (sorry if we have had this convo before)
    Honestly... ahh I give up

live long and huck
    you ship shlt?
    (sorry if we have had this convo before)
    I manage a machine shop, we manufacture parts mainly for the oil industry, the end products are gizmos called provers. They're basically very large diameter pumps, up to about 40", that drillers hook up to their wells to gauge how much oil they're flowing. We also do some stuff for the medical field, some of the goodies used to make stents, we make a few parts for Rolls Royce jet engines. One of the more interesting contraptions that we manufacture complete is called a hook arrestor. It's used to capture drone aircraft that need a short landing, kind of like on an aircraft carrier. Similar to this, but a little lighter duty.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BfMl3POMs2U?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

~Disc~Golf~
    yeah, I am fully aware of the arresting hook - was a tech for the f-14D in the USN

As far as shipping goes, it sounds like you do big batches? we do a 'little' every day
    (packages - no freight)

~Disc~Golf~

banned
    Feb 2012
    ^ nice bike!

mtbr member
    My vote for pure badassness:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

banned
    Feb 2012
    Does not look flexy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Does not look flexy!
    Well, it's about fcuking time!

live long and huck
    Beautiful!!

Used to climb up in the hills behind mainside out at Twentynine Palms, watched the CAX blow shyt up. The United States Armed Forces ARE the baddest mofo's on the face of the Earth!!!

~Disc~Golf~
    Warthogs are sick for sure - just a listen to those guns goin off makes you crap/come* in your pants. The engine-whine of the 14 is dear to me though - and it's got a gun too! (kinda small)

The most impressive thing about the Tomcat (D) is if you were to disable the WOW (weight on wheels) switch - which governs the engines, it could outrun the cats on deck!
    OK, maybe that's not the most impressive - tracking xxx (i cannot say) targets at once is super cool

*MTBR filter wont let you say 'C U M'

live long and huck

Watched 2 of these fly by my house in Michigan, they were just flying practice search tracks, out of Camp Grayling, National Guard base. They were so low and so slow that you could see the rivets in the fuselage and the writing on the pilots helmets, loud, made my hair stand up, maybe my peepee too!!

banned
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    um, scuse? how do any of you know my ages in those photos? did i specify? i dont think i did!!!!

i will ride tomorrow, i think. in the meantime, i have another vid i'm going to upload, once stops taking so damn long. it was Lowell dracut footage again. i've got some that i never uploaded
    Me thinks you were just barely legal in one of those, like in "hey girl, can I interest you in some Gu?"

live long and huck
    As far as shipping goes, it sounds like you do big batches? we do a 'little' every day (packages - no freight)
    Typical day, we freight out 1500-3000 lbs.

mtbr member
    Watched 2 of these fly by my house in Michigan, they were just flying practice search tracks, out of Camp Grayling, National Guard base. They were so low and so slow that you could see the rivets in the fuselage and the writing on the pilots helmets, loud, made my hair stand up, maybe my peepee too!!
    They are slow, fat, and loud as hell. But DO NOT get in the way of what they are firing at:

A-10 Warthog Gun Run - YouTube

***for some reason, I can no longer embed a youtube video, WTF???

~Disc~Golf~
    Typical day, we freight out 1500-3000 lbs.
    we're about 8-1200 lbs daily ... all in beauty products

banned
    Feb 2012
    When I was a kid, we had Russians-occupants in town, with a helicopter base. They often did illegal fly-overs just above our roofs in their Mi-24s, you could see the pilots' faces. It mostly made our blood boil.

live long and huck
    we're about 8-1200 lbs daily ... all in beauty products
    1200 lbs is a lot of beauty products, didn't realize there was that many ugly people out there.

Serious question delll, how do you go from fighter plane tech to shipping beauty products?

banned
    Sep 2007
    I manage a machine shop, we manufacture parts mainly for the oil industry, the end products are gizmos called provers. They're basically very large diameter pumps, up to about 40", that drillers hook up to their wells to gauge how much oil they're flowing. We also do some stuff for the medical field, some of the goodies used to make stents, we make a few parts for Rolls Royce jet engines. One of the more interesting contraptions that we manufacture complete is called a hook arrestor. It's used to capture drone aircraft that need a short landing, kind of like on an aircraft carrier. Similar to this, but a little lighter duty.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BfMl3POMs2U?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So you are a maker of the Happy Hookers?

~Disc~Golf~
    1200 lbs is a lot of beauty products, didn't realize there was that many ugly people out there.

Serious question delll, how do you go from fighter plane tech to shipping beauty products?
    I'm not quite sure man..but this is the gist:

I had done a mural in our building and designed some logos while in the NAVY, another artist guy saw my work and told me about this scene shop/ high-end events (think sets for grammys, superbowl etc) so I got hired there after I left.
    They eventually went out of business due to bad management/merges.
    I couldn't get a job in the same line of work because of no degree/connections, so I went and got a degree in Graphic Arts...well, almost - I was on a semester break when, my mom was murdered by my father, and I became homeless with a shitload of student loan debt.
    I answered a craigslist AD for a guy who needed some stuff done around his house. Ended up workin on that place for about 1.5 years - took it from drab to fab!

That guy owns an internet beauty company (we have a real salon too) and I got hired on there packing boxes, moved up to running shipping
    Now I'm the guy who does the internet marketing (and a host of other things)

I tried to be concise as possible

live long and huck
    I'm sorry about your mom, delll. I've had a lot of bad in my life too, but not like that, I can only imagine.

As for your trail from there to here, I can somewhat relate, mine is quite twisted and chaotic too. Who ever would have guessed back in the day when we had the world by the tail that we really didn't? I've learned to make the most of today, because it can always be worse tomorrow, and to always try to make tomorrow just a tiny bit better if I can. Some days I succeed, some days I fail miserably. But, I'm not a quitter, neither are you, we'll get up tomorrow and try it again.

I Ride Bikes

I had done a mural in our building and designed some logos while in the NAVY, another artist guy saw my work and told me about this scene shop/ high-end events (think sets for grammys, superbowl etc) so I got hired there after I left.
    They eventually went out of business due to bad management/merges.
    I couldn't get a job in the same line of work because of no degree/connections, so I went and got a degree in Graphic Arts...well, almost - I was on a semester break when, my mom was murdered by my father, and I became homeless with a shitload of student loan debt.
    I answered a craigslist AD for a guy who needed some stuff done around his house. Ended up workin on that place for about 1.5 years - took it from drab to fab!

That guy owns an internet beauty company (we have a real salon too) and I got hired on there packing boxes, moved up to running shipping
    Now I'm the guy who does the internet marketing (and a host of other things)

I tried to be concise as possible
    yeah sorry about your mom. The rest of your story is amazing though, I can tell that you never gave up. You kept on going even through the hard times. You've come pretty far.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

~Disc~Golf~
    I'm sorry about your mom, delll. I've had a lot of bad in my life too, but not like that, I can only imagine.

As for your trail from there to here, I can somewhat relate, mine is quite twisted and chaotic too. Who ever would have guessed back in the day when we had the world by the tail that we really didn't? I've learned to make the most of today, because it can always be worse tomorrow, and to always try to make tomorrow just a tiny bit better if I can. Some days I succeed, some days I fail miserably. But, I'm not a quitter, neither are you, we'll get up tomorrow and try it again.
    Thanks - It was pretty rough - still is...cant turn off dreams in my sleep.

But yeah - it's pretty funny looking back at it all.
    I have said I should turn in my man-card (still haven't) because I give styling tips to my sisters. I can recommend what foundation to use for a certain skin type, or what conditioner is good for frizzy hair.

I do get to use my brain, which I am glad for . It's a whole new world I didn't really think about. Not just beauty, but the whole internet marketing stuff... I could go on, but I'm sure it would be boring as fcuk if you didn't do it

live long and huck
    Thanks - It was pretty rough - still is...cant turn off dreams in my sleep.

I have said I should turn in my man-card (still haven't) because I give styling tips to my sisters. I can recommend what foundation to use for a certain skin type, or what conditioner is good for frizzy hair.

I do get to use my brain, which I am glad for . It's a whole new world I didn't really think about. Not just beauty, but the whole internet marketing stuff... I could go on, but I'm sure it would be boring as fcuk if you didn't do it
    Not at all, I'm always interested in what my fellow OCers do, on bikes and off. I've got a hunch that we're all kind of loners and misfits. Why else would we have all found each other, when there's so many other places to hang out, both online and off?

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    yeah sorry about your mom. The rest of your story is amazing though, I can tell that you never gave up. You kept on going even through the hard times. You've come pretty far.
    thanks
    I have wanted to give up - say F it all and such.
    I try to think of myself as a leaf on a river - but a leaf that has a paddle.
    Life's current takes me downstream - sometimes I get submerged in rapids, other times it's calm - either way I paddle to the best route at the moment - until I float out to sea

banned
    Dec 2012

Great post.

Thanks.

~Disc~Golf~
    Not at all, I'm always interested in what my fellow OCers do, on bikes and off. I've got a hunch that we're all kind of loners and misfits. Why else would we have all found each other, when there's so many other places to hang out, both online and off?
    you're right - all the cool kids are off doing cool stuff while we cut it up on the web - I DO think, however, we happen to be a higher intelligence, not quite hackin and geekin, but pretty high, chill peeps.

Oh, I'll do a screen shot of stuff, and you can see how 'uninteresting' it really is This is pretty cool because it has a graph - but for a lot of the rest, think excel spreadsheet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-goog-duh2.jpg  

I Ride Bikes
    ^^You've got a good head on your shoulders. Just keep on steering your leaf in the right direction like you have been.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I know I could do all that in my 26 granny so I'm sure you could.
    Are you talking about the really short hills I rode with my friend, or the Iowa Hill Road climb? Iowa Hill Road has lots of 15% and up, with a max of 18% and an average grade of 12.5%.

Whether I ride dirt or pavement climbs tomorrow depends on when I wake up. It gets dark between 4:30 and 5 here, so I have to allow more time for a mtb ride than a road ride. I would prefer dirt so I can check out that steep singletrack climb I mentioned earlier in this thread .
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I keep going back to look at the 3rd picture from the bottom freighttrain...so beautiful!

I hope I'm not turning into one of those SS freaks
    Nothing wrong with that ! I love the simplicity and reliability of SS drivetrains. I converted my Worksman Port-O-Trike to SS/FG earlier this year, and I love it! I can ride that thing backwards now, and it is quiet and trouble-free.

The stock Sturmey-Archer 3-speed hub was defective. It skipped in second and third gear no matter how it was adjusted. The final straw was when it skipped when I was sprinting in second gear. I took out the 3-speed hub and all the associated hardware, shortened the chain, and moved the rear cog all the way over to the right for a perfect chainline. I also put hose clamps on the left side of the cog for extra security since the lock screw on that bike has always had a tendency to come loose, allowing the cog to slide around on the axle.

The trike is quite a bit lighter now. Here's a video of me riding it backwards in a vacant lot. The first 18 seconds of the video has still pictures of the converted drivetrain.

Worksman Port-O-Trike converted to single-speed fixed gear - YouTube
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oCZyrOhsWpA" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>

The new yellow singlespeed is completely quiet. I love it!

freight, that yellow bike is sex0r. actually, i see the bike behind has those fancy rims. i almost got those exact rims on one of my old bikes!
    Yello bikes are the best and ride the fastest, everyone knows that!
    I'm liking it too! I never used to be into yellow, but a nice bright yellow sure does look good on anything with wheels. Like my burnt orange rigid Rockhopper, the color grows on you !

The bike with the fancy rims is my riding partner's Specialized Langster. He changed the stock 42-tooth chainring to a 48, so he now has a 48x17 gear. My bike is a 42x17.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    It was pretty rough - still is...cant turn off dreams in my sleep.

I'm sorry about your mother, highdell.

I think society needs to chill with the gender role BS. People who would accuse you of being "less than a man" need to get with the times. Same goes for those who have given me grief for being a tomboy and not being a traditional "girly-girl" (!). I fart in their general direction !
    I'm always interested in what my fellow OCers do, on bikes and off. I've got a hunch that we're all kind of loners and misfits. Why else would we have all found each other, when there's so many other places to hang out, both online and off?
    That's me! I know I'm a misfit. Why else would I not fit in on the roadie off-topic subforum on RBR, but I feel totally at ease in here. In fact, I must say that this is the best forum I've ever been on. I'm dead serious.

live long and huck
    ^^^^

Knee is feeling pretty good, looking very good, Tegaderm is amazing stuff. Hill climb tomorrow,

going that a way vvvvv
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-dscn5097.jpg  

live long and huck
    Umm, I think I'm going to get my asss kicked.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Don't forget your camera! Looks like great sufferfest vid material !

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    Don't forget your camera! Looks like great sufferfest vid material !
    I hope ya's don't get to see me cry!!

When I built my new full sus recently, I built a 150mm wide rear hub for it, the dropouts for it weren't ready when the frame shipped, so I took the 135mm rear wheel off my hardtail so I could use it on the new bike, the Prime has interchangeable/adjustable dropouts. For this climb, I'm thinking of going out to the garage and switching it back and riding my Paradox. Slightly less gnarly tires, several pounds lighter, probably be dropping the Talas to 100mm. 60% at the top, holy shyt! I'm going to need every advantage that I can get.

live long and huck
    shibiwan, it's an antenna maintenance road, goes to the top of Thompson Peak in the McDowell Mtns, ENE of Phoenix, near Scottsdale and Fountain Hills.

live long and huck
    Just to make it more of a challenge, I feel like crap. Been working long hours lately, no time or desire to prepare a meal, so took some chicken/pasta/alfredo thing from the freezer to the oven last night. Stomach was cramping so bad that I finally got to sleep about 2:00, tossed and turned and made many trips to the bathroom throughout the night, everything involved with this type of episode is sore. I won't be fip until noonish though, when it warms up a touch, should be 66ish about then.

banned
    Dec 2012
    Up and Down

live long and huck
    highdelll, I look at your spreadsheet, and my head sort of spins. I like organization, but sometimes it can be difficult to pull off. My sheduled shipping report right now through the end of February is 45 pages, roughly 8-12 items per page, some are multiple details for an assembly, so easily 450 part #'s to track. I need material hitting my receiving dock about 3 weeks before due date to allow my whole process. Until very recently, I was making sure the job packets were through engineering, tracking the material, scheduling the work through fab/CNC/manual machining/QA etc, plus trying to keep tooling and parts in house to make it all happen, and manage production, by myself. Some days, most days, my head would feel ready to explode. We recently hired a person, and also made a change to an existing administrator, to take most of the tracking and scheduling from me, allowing me to more fully focus on production. This should be great for everybody, but especially me, once everything is fully integrated. Here's a couple pictures (the first 2) of a heat exchanger that we built a similar one of last year. It was basically a 6 pass, double walled tubing, water heater for a dormatory building at the University of Utah. The shell was about 36" in diameter and about 6' long, had close to a mile of tubing in it. Also, a couple pics of 2 more of our products out in the oil field, we only make the center distributor in the last pic, it's about 12' in diameter and about 15' tall.

banned
    Feb 2012
    So I rode this morning. After long hours of steady rain and drizzle, everything was soaked and covered with slime. Rocks felt like covered with motor oil, it was a skid fest. No major crash though, hurrah!

mtbr member
    No major crash though, hurrah!
    It is not to say that you rode w/o any type of crash, though....

Anyway, glad you got out!!!

live long and huck
    So I rode this morning. After long hours of steady rain and drizzle, everything was soaked and covered with slime. Rocks felt like covered with motor oil, it was a skid fest. No major crash though, hurrah!
    No major crash?? So, some minor crashes??

edit: stealthed, dammit!

mtbr member
    Poor Sti!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Just to make it more of a challenge, I feel like crap. Been working long hours lately, no time or desire to prepare a meal, so took some chicken/pasta/alfredo thing from the freezer to the oven last night. Stomach was cramping so bad that I finally got to sleep about 2:00, tossed and turned and made many trips to the bathroom throughout the night, everything involved with this type of episode is sore. I won't be fip until noonish though, when it warms up a touch, should be 66ish about then.
    That sucks! Hopefully the cycling will have as much of a healing effect on you as it does on me, and you will finish your ride on a high .

I'm up in time for a mtb ride. Singletrack, here I come ! It's 37 degrees here now, but it's supposed to be 63 up in the hills (64 down here). At least it's sunny here now, not that bone-chilling fog.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Poor Sti!
    I am living on the edge.

~Disc~Golf~
    sweet dookickies and whatchamacallits!

Suckin wind like a boss
    somebody's been creepin on my fb!!!
    is it creepin if you announce it?
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

Suckin wind like a boss
    No, a big terry putting a serious effn to it, in the dark!!!
    haha no, i didnt ride it after all. was really beat after work, and ended up getting kinda shitty instead they are finishing up the cat1 race now though, and after i make the stuffed pork roast i have working it might just be time to go get muddy.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

see me rollin, they hatin
    so i got to ride today. I picked the most technical trail in oily muddy conditions (yes, you're right about that Sti) and pretty shortly after i was on my back like a turtle, on top of my bike, with big muddy tire skidmarks across my ass. This was just in time for a group of hunks to ride by. I just layed there, twisted and sprawled, yelling "hi guys!". They yelled something about "your'e supposed to stay ON the bike!" i've got some pics. not of that crash, but some in general. i'll get them later. i dropped my bike a lot today! figures, on the way out, it finally dried up. wrist still feels a little sprained, but no biggie.
    fap

Rabid Lana fan
    Cool NIcky.

I rode today too, as well as yesterday. I shoot a bunch of Contour footage yesterday, top tube mount. It's all useless...camera shook too much. I really thought that way would have worked out good.

Today, I did my trusty old 'mount it on the chain stay'. For some reason, my camera likes to be mounted that way, it provides pretty stable footage like that.

Nothing new for me, but a few crashes today. I used at least one in today's edit.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X2m_vQMqIxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by net wurker; 12-09-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here