Page 34 of 115 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 ... LastLast
    Loves to suffer
    I only rode 12.5 miles today, but it was a haaaarrd 12.5 miles! Lots of climbing, some of it steep and technical, and some technical downhills too. In spite of that, I set several PRs on descents, and maintained my QOM on Mercy Mile. It shows today's date, so that might also be a PR.

Mercy Mile is the only hill that is so ridiculously steep and technical, it forces me to take a breather halfway up. I didn't dab this time, I got worn-out and had to stop for a minute before continuing. Of course this allowed a rider to almost catch up to me, but I slowly pulled away once the grade eased up some.

That same rider had passed me earlier on the Culvert downhill. He was a smooth descender!

I will work on my video tonight. For now, here's the Strava data: Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Clementine, Fuel Break, Culvert, Confluence, Mercy Mile, Stagecoach near Auburn | Times and Records | Strava

re member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Just returned from a 5 hour... ...I'll see if I can get some video put together.

kewl
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

re member
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    I will work on my video tonight.
    kewl
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

re member

"All About Jett" ride video

Check the end for a "celebrity" sighting or two

WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

Dissolved member
    LOL! Well done Wurker, Jett is a happy chap!

re member
    Yeah, He's a keeper!
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

I just serviced my rear hub, trued my rear wheel and stopped the rotor from dragging on the pad tonight. The pad had been dragging for about six months, the rear hub outer bearings were seized (it's a King) for satan knows how long; it rides like brand new. If it had been this smooth and easy to pedal (I rode 12mi home after servicing it) at my 6hr race I would have crushed. 12 laps easy. It feels like a brand new bike. I'm so pumped to ride again, I knew that's all it would take. I think the brakes dragging were the most annoying thing. Not only could I hear it, I could feel it sucking all of my power like an energy succubus.

Also, I am doing the Burn24 next year. It will be my first 24hr and I'm super pumped. I don't think I want to attempt solo for my first go. A buddy of mine wants to do a team of 5 giving us all just under 5hrs of ride time. I'm not too hyped on this idea. I'd rather a three person or duo but I'll take five. Three person being optimal since that puts me on the bike for 8hrs continuous or four on eight off four on. And I think that would be perfect. Solo of I'm forced into it.

Yay bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

re member
    Monzie, you should wright a story about Nicole. It could be titled "The Girl on the Giant Bike".
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

official eMpTyBRain
    OK, finally! My ISP has the slowest upload speed on the planet.

Our climb (with fellow member PerfectZero) up Monroe Truck Trail involved a total of 6.5 miles of grunt/grinding. I think we gained somewhere near 2500' elevation. It's a tough push to the top that seems to never end. However, once you get the push part out of the way, you've got all that to fly back down.

I'm sharing the last section of the ride which involves zigging in and out and through a dry creek bed. Most of the ride back down is similar to what I posted in my Turkey Day vids so I thought I'd include something a little different.

I forgot just how much fun this trail is. It had been way too long. Enjoy!

...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Prime
    Sorry about the length, it was hard to pick just a few minutes out of nearly 5 hours of video. This is a pretty good representation though of my ride today, raw, as requested by freighttrain. It played back kind of jerky on my computer, not sure if it will for you guys, maybe it's my free video editor, maybe because I always put them on youtube (way faster than vimeo).

re member
    Hawg, that looks like a pretty fun trail. It's like it was filmed in flow-motion.

But OMG. I was just waitin for a mountain lion to take you down. Looks like big cat country.
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

re member
    It played back kind of jerky on my computer,
    Here too. I'll bet your free editor is dropping frames like crazy. Or, you didn't use any kind of video format changer, at some point, did you? (video converter)

Terrain looks awesome though! Killer ridin!
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

official eMpTyBRain
    It's jerky riding it too. Major league trail chatter section. That's exactly how it was for me while I was plowing through there except that I can still feel in in my muscles. Not the smooth stuff I've posted before. It beats the flying fvck out of you and I smile all the way through. If you notice in the starting of the clip while I am still coming down into the creek bed, it's very smooth. Then comes the pounding

re member
    I did notice all the rocks on the back end of that footage. I was thinking how that wasn't characteristic of your typical terrain.
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Hawg, that looks like a pretty fun trail. It's like it was filmed in flow-motion.

But OMG. I was just waitin for a mountain lion to take you down. Looks like big cat country.
    I see what you mean about jerky, like it's missing frames. On my computer my vid looks jerky from the terrain but Opti's vid looks like it is indeed missing frames...a different type of jerky.

Does my vid play back like Opti's? No offense, Opti!

BTW, Opti is a friggin stud of a ridin' fool, IMO!

Heck, all you are are major league fun to watch!!!

re member
    Yours plays back fine.
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Here too. I'll bet your free editor is dropping frames like crazy. Or, you didn't use any kind of video format changer, at some point, did you? (video converter)

Terrain looks awesome though! Killer ridin!
    My camera films in Quicktime and my free editor edits Quicktime, but it has to convert to wmv to save. I may have to look into upgrading to QuicktimePro, or pony up for the pay version of the editor that I'm using. I just opened the saved video and started it in WindowsMediaPlayer and it is all kinds of jerky there, too. You don't get much for free these days, jeez.

I need a ****ing camera…

Edit: PS: to all you endurance nuts out there, I have a shirt design I want to essentially give away but am waiting to hear back from CHUMp or RC about whether or not I can legit "sell" it on the site without some sort of infringement of the almighty Terms & Service Agreement. It will be a poll on the color options you wish to have followed by the ability to purchase them at cost (around $7-$10 incl. shipping) once the colorways--as the cool kids say--are chosen. There will also definitely be two font options. So, three colors--two of which are chosen by you--and three font options, pretty good deal. I can post a picture of the shirt if you all want but I may feel kinda rude not waiting for a response; though it has been several days and I'm not soliciting just yet…

Edit Edit: Big ups to Nicole for helping me to contain my scatter-brained thoughts throughout the workday/week and getting this idea rolling.
    Last edited by monzie; 11-24-2012 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

official eMpTyBRain
    My camera films in Quicktime and my free editor edits Quicktime, but it has to convert to wmv to save. I may have to look into upgrading to QuicktimePro, or pony up for the pay version of the editor that I'm using. I just opened the saved video and started it in WindowsMediaPlayer and it is all kinds of jerky there, too. You don't get much for free these days, jeez.
    Strange, I don't recall your other vids playing back jerky?

Dissolved member
    Try virtual dub, but you will have to install some of codecs to be able encode the output to a reasonable sized file. Are you sure you have a frame rate match between in and out btw.?

Prime
    Nice Jett video, net wurker. I always enjoy seeing happy dogs out on the trail.

ambassador, your hills look like a lot of fun.

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Try virtual dub, but you will have to install some of codecs to be able encode the output to a reasonable sized file. Are you sure you have a frame rate match between in and out btw.?
    I'll check, because as the ambassador said, my other vids weren't jerky.

official eMpTyBRain
    Opti, what trail is your clip from?

re member
    Nice Jett video, net wurker.
    Thanks.

Get that video issued worked out. I would love to see that video you just posted in proper time.
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

re member
    I'll check, because as the ambassador said, my other vids weren't jerky.
    What did you do different this time, anything?
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

Page 34 of 115 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 ... LastLast