Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,650 of 2849
    Rabid Lana fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    So what weather do you and everyone else hate to ride in.
    In north Alabama, morning will start off around 50°, and warm up to about mid 60's. Gray skies, but no rain til Sunday afternoon, so they say.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Hawg, you failed to ask about the beige colored wire nut glued to the top, on the on-off slider.

First, the on-off slider got really tight and hard to slide back and forth, especially with gloves on. The wire nut glued up there made it easy to slide back and forth.

Now, the slider is completely worn out and just glides around up there if unrestrained. So now the wire nut makes a great place to anchor the required rubber band, which holds it in either the on or the off position.

EDIT: I really need a new camera.
    Engineering masterpiece... you really do need a new camera.

Rabid Lana fan
    Did you check that link to extremevu? They have cool toys for the Contours.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    i DO use it! not terribly often, but i have used it on a couple steep spots that i probably would have walked had i not had it. however, (and i think i sent you a message about this) i dropped down something steep, and when my ass hit the saddle, i heard a huge cracking noise. i assumed it was my saddle because it's old and needs to be replaced. when i rolled up to my crew, i told them what happened. my bf (who has ridden my bike before) says he's almost positive it was the dropper that made that noise, because something similar happened to him. Since then, i've heard some funny creaks, but the thing still works fine. i have a hard time believing i "fat-guyed" my dropper already.
    Ur waaaay too young for a gunt on a dropper. It's not all us fat guys busting bike parts, ya know. Girlz do it... all the time....

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gmtxVR8p5sA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Yeah, 70 ooo chilly it was like 20 with gusty winds the other morning . I'd take dry and hot with no trees any day of the week. Your trade off is mountain lions, cougars, and other animals that will actually eat you where you live. I don't know much about the Auz guys on here but there area looks like NorCal.

So what weather do you and everyone else hate to ride in?
    For me, biting cold is awful to be out in. The chill makes my exposed areas (nose, lips, ears) numb. I'd never consider riding in the rain because it just grooves out the trails here. Baking hot (over 90 degrees) is pretty bad but it can be managed by riding early or at night.

Opti is gonna laugh at my hot temp comment.

banned
    Sep 2007
    So Cal weather is Ghey.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    So Cal weather is Ghey.
    That's pretty funny considering where you like to ride...

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    For me, biting cold is awful to be out in. The chill makes my exposed areas (nose, lips, ears) numb. I'd never consider riding in the rain because it just grooves out the trails here. Baking hot (over 90 degrees) is pretty bad but it can be managed by riding early or at night.

Opti is gonna laugh at my hot temp comment.

Sissy!!

Speaking of sissies, last weekend I waited until afternoon to ride because low 50's in the morning seemed kinda chilly.

Like the ambassador, I avoid riding in the rain or immediately afterward, don't want to damage the trails, but it only rains a few times a year here so there's no reason to not sit out a rain day. High 40's are ok, as long as the sun is out, it rarely is colder here and if it is it's only for a very short period. 85-95 is perfect in my book, 110 is just fine too.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Sissy!!
    See, what'd I tell ya???

Gonna get this for my mountain bike....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rabid Lana fan
    Poor Nicky...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-____rain.jpg  

live long and huck
    Gonna get this for my mountain bike....

Needs a squirrel tail flying from it.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Poor Nicky...
    Really interesting how she got younger after she found out about the weather forecast???

She posted in the Women's Lounge today! She once said that she avoids that page.

somehow still alive
    Really interesting how she got younger after she found out about the weather forecast???
    I was wondering that too....
    Not what you think.

My videos

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Needs a squirrel tail flying from it.

I also want to get those colored nylon ribbons that hang out of the end of the handlebars!

live long and huck
    Hey, not trying to derail anything here, and not necessarily trying to start conversation or debate, but more of a "Holy Shyt". One of my employees, a 23 year old shop gopher, nice kid, was shot 4 times last night. He's alive, but in pretty rough shape. "Holy Shyt"

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollyw00d View Post
    I was wondering that too....
    Confusing, huh? I mean, I've heard of "age defying creme" but I've never heard of "age defying weather"???

Rabid Lana fan
    Damm, Opti, that creates a vacuum...

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Hey, not trying to derail anything here, and not necessarily trying to start conversation or debate, but more of a "Holy Shyt". One of my employees, a 23 year old shop gopher, nice kid, was shot 4 times last night. He's alive, but in pretty rough shape. "Holy Shyt"
    OMG!!! Do you know the details?

live long and huck
    I've heard of "age defying creme"
    How about creme defying age???

Gor'n Ridin'!
    How about creme defying age???
    I can think of one type that might do the trick...

live long and huck
    OMG!!! Do you know the details?
    He was out with some buddies, supposedly wrong place at the wrong time. Don't know any more yet. Lots of viciousness out there.

live long and huck
    He was out with some buddies, supposedly wrong place at the wrong time. Don't know any more yet. Lots of viciousness out there.
    Took 1 round through a hand, 1 through a lung, 1 through his bladder, all in and out, but the 4th lodged in his groin. I guess they had to take out some intestine, couple of transfusions, bad. His dad runs one of my big horizontal mills.

Rabid Lana fan
    Yikes!

Is not amused
    You never shoot another man in his dick. That's just not cool. I think it's an unwritten law somewhere.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    You never shoot another man in his dick. That's just not cool. I think it's an unwritten law somewhere.
    ^ what he said...

live long and huck
    Bout got his head blown off.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Got bling?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-121207_0005.jpg  

Rabid Lana fan
    That's Bling-tastic!

live long and huck
    ^^^^^^

Is not amused
    Nice.

Hardwood floors.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    I'm gonna try this camera set up tomorrow.

Should be a very similar field of view as a handle bar mount, but since it's on the top tube, should be very stable and smooth. (compared to handle bar always swingin around)
    I like that location. Here's hoping for less jello!

Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Bill - ad the noise: that's what happens when you tape a microphone to a carbon frame.
    far out. external mic, though = very cool. a chance to have usable audio vs the traditional gopro pop and creak.

put on the new grips tonight.
    i just got some flat/ergo grips like that. i like them a lot so far. and that is an amazing pic for a camera phone.

I promised the Phoenix police officer that just pulled me over that I would spread the word in exchange for not getting a citation. My hitch mounted bike rack, when folded up, blocks my license plate, yours probably does too. The law states that your license plate must be visible.
    I think I heard, not that it's true, just that I heard it, that you can block your license plate IF you have a bike on, but if you don't have a bike on, you can't. I'm sure it varies state by state.

One of my employees, a 23 year old shop gopher, nice kid, was shot 4 times last night. He's alive, but in pretty rough shape.
    poor guy. hope he recovers well.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Hardwood floors.
    Yup, git dat too...if you know what I mean...

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Now way a great climber like you would ever need anything less than 24 teeth in the small.
    I have a cycling friend who is a roadie. He loves his fixed gear Specialized Langster, and he only rides fixed around town, not his geared road bike.

He also said that if I had a light road bike, I would be able to climb the steep Iowa Hill Road with a compact double instead of my triple with mtb gearing that I have on my road bike. Iowa Hill Road is 1.75 miles long with a 12.5% average grade. Here's a video of me climbing and descending it a couple months ago. I got a Strava QOM on the descent, but was the slowest of all the women on the climb

Turn up the volume and you will hear why I sincerely doubt I would ever be able to climb that hill with a compact double unless I had a lighter body, not bike !

Iowa Hill Road climb & descent 10-14-12 - YouTube
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JGYNZ_QEQO4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

After seeing how fast the singlespeed/fixed gear riders are around town (like my friend), I decided I wanted a singlespeed. Last night I stopped by our local bicycle food delivery/LBS Edible Pedal. They are always putting bikes together for sale, and this time they had a bright yellow vintage Peugeot mixte frame with modern alloy components instead of the original old-school heavy steel. It was also single speed.

I rode it up and down the alley a couple times and I was hooked. I thought about it for a few minutes, then decided to buy it. It was only $450, down from the original asking price of $650. It was professionally powder coated and had the shop's logo on the bike like a regular bike brand name. Pretty convincing if you don't know that it's actually a shop and not a manufacturer.

I took it home, added my accessories (including a brand-new Lezyne Super Drive 450 lumen headlight that Mike's Bikes had on sale for $69.95), adjusted the rear brakes, and topped off the tires. Today I dropped off my Dahon Speed D7 folding bike to be sold on consignment. I really don't need to accumulate any more bikes (I have 11), so I try to sell one when I buy a new one.

After that I met my friend the roadie again for a ride. He was tickled pink when he saw the bike. We went and rode up and down what passes for hills around here, which is some very short steep grades in the Land Park neighborhood. I stood up and hammered up every one of them, and there was no straining. I now have a new training tool for the short local hills. I'll even ride it to Fair Oaks and climb those hills. Some of them are 1/3 and 1/2 mile long, and a couple have very short sections with grades in the teens. Should be interesting !

42x17 gear.

Here's video of my friend and me riding the "hills".

Peugeot mixte singlespeed conversion first ride - YouTube
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z5Xt63YLYq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

live long and huck
    There you go, freighttrain. QOM's, here you come!! What you've already found, and what you will find, is pretty much why I SS. There's nothing like powering up a hill in a steep gear, where yesterday you were sitting back crawling along spinning an easy gear, figuratively speaking. If you get lazy, you walk.

Suckin wind like a boss
    friend of mine posted this on fb. thought this was pretty cool to watch.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/22787021?badge=0" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/22787021">Ride On</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1380139">Eddie Roman</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

Suckin wind like a boss
    So i come home from doing some running around before work, and i look out the window and see this in the park across the street...

In case you cant see it clearly enough-

Someone snuck in a cross course in the park!

I walked over and there happened to be a few folks riding by, so I posed a "WTF?!?!" I was told that this is the course for the season-ender in the local CX series which is being run tomorrow, and the riders I saw were the club members giving it a test run after laying it out while I was away running errands. Lucky me, I am off work tomorrow...but Im about to go to work now, so I dont even get a chance to ride it.

Unless...I go out and hit it tonight after work in the dark Oh, what to do, what to do...
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

~Disc~Golf~
    That is a crime scene
    Quote Originally Posted by big terry View Post

a twisty narrow crime scene.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

****** to the dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by big terry View Post
    friend of mine posted this on fb. thought this was pretty cool to watch.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/22787021?badge=0" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/22787021">Ride On</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1380139">Eddie Roman</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    Bmx is cool to watch . I worked with a few guys that are into it. I worked with this guy and I don't know how he does it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nsbfmzj8M4c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    That is a crime scene

a twisty narrow crime scene.
    A drunk murderer dragging a body away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    A drunk murderer dragging a body away?
    No, a big terry putting a serious effn to it, in the dark!!!

see me rollin, they hatin
    um, scuse? how do any of you know my ages in those photos? did i specify? i dont think i did!!!!

i will ride tomorrow, i think. in the meantime, i have another vid i'm going to upload, once stops taking so damn long. it was Lowell dracut footage again. i've got some that i never uploaded
    fap

banned
    Feb 2012
    Ha ha someone is in trouble now! I think I will ride tomorrow morning, too. I'll have to haul my arse to London in the evening and then it will be five days without riding in the UK for me. I hope the OC ride will be on next Saturday!

mtbr member
    Big twouble.
    Weather permitting, I'm on. Heading to NTF early AM.

NTF? we should also consider russell mill too. kinda short though.
    fap

Gor'n Ridin'!
    um, scuse? how do any of you know my ages in those photos? did i specify?
    We just know....

mtbr member
    Needham town forest. We like to get great brook in along with russell mill, have had some ridiculously fun rides doing it like that. Still haven't done the russell mill to landlocked forest ride... Next year.

somebody's been creepin on my fb!!!

ANYWAY Sti, this is what you can look forward to next week. really bummed the camera effed up and decided not to record sound. actually, i just dont know what happened. oh well, he's a couple min of silence (looks better if you watch on the vimeo page)

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/55181476" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
    fap

Gor'n Ridin'!
    somebody's been creepin on my fb!!
    It certainly was not I. Never been to FB, never will...

Still, we just know...

banned
    Sep 2007
    That's pretty funny considering where you like to ride...
    You are kidding me, aren't you? I try to ride out of state every chance I get. Or at least new dirt. New dirt is like getting something strange.

Gor'n Ridin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    I have a cycling friend who is a roadie. He loves his fixed gear Specialized Langster, and he only rides fixed around town, not his geared road bike.

He also said that if I had a light road bike, I would be able to climb the steep Iowa Hill Road with a compact double instead of my triple with mtb gearing that I have on my road bike. Iowa Hill Road is 1.75 miles long with a 12.5% average grade. Here's a video of me climbing and descending it a couple months ago. I got a Strava QOM on the descent, but was the slowest of all the women on the climb

Turn up the volume and you will hear why I sincerely doubt I would ever be able to climb that hill with a compact double unless I had a lighter body, not bike !

Iowa Hill Road climb & descent 10-14-12 - YouTube
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JGYNZ_QEQO4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

After seeing how fast the singlespeed/fixed gear riders are around town (like my friend), I decided I wanted a singlespeed. Last night I stopped by our local bicycle food delivery/LBS Edible Pedal. They are always putting bikes together for sale, and this time they had a bright yellow vintage Peugeot mixte frame with modern alloy components instead of the original old-school heavy steel. It was also single speed.

I rode it up and down the alley a couple times and I was hooked. I thought about it for a few minutes, then decided to buy it. It was only $450, down from the original asking price of $650. It was professionally powder coated and had the shop's logo on the bike like a regular bike brand name. Pretty convincing if you don't know that it's actually a shop and not a manufacturer.

I took it home, added my accessories (including a brand-new Lezyne Super Drive 450 lumen headlight that Mike's Bikes had on sale for $69.95), adjusted the rear brakes, and topped off the tires. Today I dropped off my Dahon Speed D7 folding bike to be sold on consignment. I really don't need to accumulate any more bikes (I have 11), so I try to sell one when I buy a new one.

After that I met my friend the roadie again for a ride. He was tickled pink when he saw the bike. We went and rode up and down what passes for hills around here, which is some very short steep grades in the Land Park neighborhood. I stood up and hammered up every one of them, and there was no straining. I now have a new training tool for the short local hills. I'll even ride it to Fair Oaks and climb those hills. Some of them are 1/3 and 1/2 mile long, and a couple have very short sections with grades in the teens. Should be interesting !

42x17 gear.

Here's video of my friend and me riding the "hills".

Peugeot mixte singlespeed conversion first ride - YouTube
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z5Xt63YLYq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know I could do all that in my 26 granny so I'm sure you could.