Page 32 of 115 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 ... LastLast
    Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    You mean even the smooth parts are rocky?
    Nice video wurker. Must be fun to ride those but your temperatures and humidity would kill me.

Prime
    Nope, haven't ridden Soaring eagle either, looks tough, to say the least. Flying Fish starts right up by the ski resort and kind of follows the road down a bit, it had nice some jumps and stuff but not the hair raising sort like Wasabi, Reserve, Soaring etc. Last I heard though it was off limits to bikes because of the amount of hikers that frequent the trail.

official eMpTyBRain

Scars anyone?

Whose got mountain biking accident related scars? Mine is minimal... it's where the rough edge of my handlebars went into my leg after they had snapped. Kinda looks like a Mickey Mouse head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-121123_0002.jpg  

...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Whose got mountain biking accident related scars? Mine is minimal... it's where the rough edge of my handlebars went into my leg after they had snapped. Kinda looks like a Mickey Mouse head.
    You got really small feet

Magura

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    All right, I've got some of those!!

My wife witnessed this one, otb so fast I didn't even get my hands of the bars. She told me that I couldn't ride anymore, I bought a full face helmet instead, so she said that I could still ride. I rarely wear the helmet, but if I know that I'll be riding near my limit I put it on as well as my pads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-dscn4692.jpg  

The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-dscn4695.jpg  

The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-dscn4696.jpg  

Prime
    I've got a big dent in the front left of my left quad where I tore the muscle on a rock impact, doctor says that it will never fully grow back. That hole in my ankle went right to the bone, isn't much meat down there anyway though, 3 weeks in a soft cast. I've broken 2 fingers, couple of ribs, got a piece of bone floating around in my left elbow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-dscn6463.jpg  

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    All right, I've got some of those!!

My wife witnessed this one, otb so fast I didn't even get my hands of the bars. She told me that I couldn't ride anymore, I bought a full face helmet instead, so she said that I could still ride. I rarely wear the helmet, but if I know that I'll be riding near my limit I put it on as well as my pads.
    Your wife let you off easy there.

If I came home looking like that, I'd bet Mrs. Magura would have me sleep in a full face for any foreseeable future.

Magura

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    Your wife let you off easy there.

If I came home looking like that, I'd bet Mrs. Magura would have me sleep in a full face for any foreseeable future.

Magura
    It actually scared me a bit too, made me rethink a bit the type of terrain that I was choosing to ride. I still ride it, my ankle crash was about a year and a half after my face crash, had my full face on and my pads though when I did my ankle, good thing I did where I went down. I like to go fast, sometimes too fast.

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    It actually scared me a bit too, made me rethink a bit the type of terrain that I was choosing to ride. I still ride it, my ankle crash was about a year and a half after my face crash, had my full face on and my pads though when I did my ankle, good thing I did where I went down. I like to go fast, sometimes too fast.
    I had a similar experience a couple of years ago, which also brought me to approx. the same conclusion.
    I bought a nice and light full face helmet, some nice knee/shin pads, a spine protector, and decided that if I am to ride anything riskier than gravel, it's full protection, and perhaps at 85-90% of max speed.

Since then it's only been the occasional bruise here and there, and still loads of fun

Magura

official eMpTyBRain
    ^ reported

Prime
    reported^^^

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    I counted at least 4 full rotations

Magura
    the tree helped to stop me
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

see me rollin, they hatin
    got this lovely one yesterday, when i fought with a spiky tree and lost. figured i'd take a pic while the bruise is still pretty

fap

official eMpTyBRain
    Is that on your leg, or your arm? Can't tell?

side of thigh
    fap

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    got this lovely one yesterday, when i fought with a spiky tree and lost. figured i'd take a pic while the bruise is still pretty
    Oh, I think that bruise will last a good long time.

I've got some good scars (you've all seen enough of them) but nothing from biking lately. I've been riding very carefully because I'm not wearing a helmet these days.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Oh, I think that bruise will last a good long time.

I've got some good scars (you've all seen enough of them) but nothing from biking lately. I've been riding very carefully because I'm not wearing a helmet these days.
    ***Allow me to reply on Nic's behalf:

"Thanks TN, that's just what I wanted to hear! "

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Its still a nice thigh Nicole.

i wear em with pride

i have super thin blood. it takes almost nothing to bruise me
    fap

AZ
    banned
    Owie!!!

re member
    Nicole is hardcore.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

re member

Ride Today Documented

I got some Contour HD footage. Mounted the camera at the rear of the right chain-stay.

Riding with two frineds and my dog, Jett.

I'm ready for the leaves to be done. And gone.

Monte Sano Trails 11-23-2012 from Clay Morgan on Vimeo.

Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

i'll probably re-upload this once there is some sort of music. but here i am, with my "bone" (the dog, not the human) riding down an awesome trail with swoopy berms and jumps (though bright lights and trees make them almost impossible to see).
    fap

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I got some Contour HD footage. Mounted the camera at the rear of the right chain-stay.

Riding with two frineds and my dog, Jett.

I'm ready for the leaves to be done. And gone.

Monte Sano Trails 11-23-2012 from Clay Morgan on Vimeo.

Oh, that's your house, I thought it was the one next door.

Nice vid, thanks for posting. At about 5:15, you're upping some big hills I see.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    i'll probably re-upload this once there is some sort of music. but here i am, with my "bone" (the dog, not the human) riding down an awesome trail with swoopy berms and jumps (though bright lights and trees make them almost impossible to see).
    Did you whack that branch on your right at 2:19?

Fun times!

I'm gonna record some more stuff tomorrow. After a 4 or 5 mile grunt/grind up the mountain, we'll turn around and blast back down. The ride has a some creek bed crossing sections for the first 1/2 mile or so. There could be a little bit of water in there with the recent rain we've had here.

Can't wait, this spot is one of my all time local favorites and I haven't ridden it in over a year.

Page 32 of 115 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 ... LastLast