Page 24 of 115 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 ... LastLast
    ~Disc~Golf~
    I will not take anything sitting down!!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    no, no, bumps, not jumps. that kind of bump that bucks you off the saddle if you are slow to notice and take it sitting down.
    Is easier to just train yourself to take pleasure in those bumps, as opposed to trying to eliminate them.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    I have this one: Mountain Racing Products home of MRP, White Brothers, Kreitler, Tamer, and Power Grips | Pivot Plus . It is in my drawer, you can have it for reasonable money. It can take an edge off bumps but it is not a real alternative to a FS bike.
    Not looking to replicate FS, just as you said, take the edge off my hardtail's ride. Thanks for the offer, but I went and ordered this one.
    NitroPro - Gas Suspension Seatposts
    It had good reviews and is the least dorky, I think.

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    I'm actually using their rim strips and tubeless valves on my Velocity Blunt rims. I like the setup, it's a super easy and a simple design...but I disagree with one thing he said. When he installed the valves in the rim with just his hands saying no tools are needed, he is wrong I had some issues with air leaking out of and around the valves when I first got them. I had to gently tighten the valve nut down with pliers and had to tighten the core more as well. No leaking air once that was done. I got new tires this season and with fresh sealant I had the same issues. Checked the valves and they worked loose a little bit. After tightening everything up there were no more issues. I'm not sure why I wasn't leaking with my old tires, but the valve was definitely the problem. Long story short, you'll need to use some tools to get everything air tight, and those valves do "break in" and seat in the plastic rim strip, causing some loosing. I've also used Specialized and Stan's tubeless valves and while Specialized doesn't have a removable core, both those and Stan's both required light use of tools to get the valve air tight at the rim strip and at the core for Stan's. For anyone who finds this helpful, I also suggest replacing tubeless sealant at every 4 months. Using the recommended amounts, it usually starts to dry up around 4 months. My first year with tubeless I listened to my buddy and was going to replace the sealant at about 6 months, but then got a flat at 5 months because my sealant was dried. If you're not worried about weight, add a bit more than the recommended amount. Lasts a little longer and will prevent flats a little better.
    Ah ha, someone else does this too. First thing I did when installing them. Got them set up today, funny story behind that in my next post. Switched the rear to the right direction. At 30psiF and 33psiR after my ride today/night I'll need to go lower and play around with pressure to find that happy medium. Happy about the tires thus far and the TLR kit. Tonight was a nice way to check them out as some areas of my trails have mud and the mix of roots going up hill was a nice way to work them in. Traction like a mofo.

Prime
    You have to be able to get the stem out on the trailside if you're stuck putting a tube in. Instead of using pliers, from the inside the rim side, push down on the base of the stem with your thumb, compressing the rubber, tighten the nut nice and finger tight. The rubber uncompressing will apply more holding force to the nut, but removal is simply the opposite as installation. I've had 100% success with this method. Also, I prep my stem hole by pushing a heated up awl through from the inside the rim side.

official eMpTyBRain
    Are we still talking about the "tubeless tire dilema"?
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Is not amused
    So I crawl out of bed...

Name:  drunk-meme-52262359225.png
Views: 65
Size:  42.8 KB

Get all my stuff I need to do the Stans and drive down to Stewarts... Free air compressor

Name:  Stewarts-Shops-Cairo-NY-3780.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  78.3 KB

I get out of the car, it's around 25-30 degrees out, little chilly for most folk and notice this blonde standing in front all slvtted up...

Something wasn't right....

So I proceed to shake the Stans when this other car pulls up.

I over here this convo between the Blonde and guy.....

Why aren't you working? (guy)
    This isn't my usual area, I usually work in Saratoga. (women)

Well, you better get some customers by the time I get back. (guy)
    Guy drives off........

So I fill the tire up with Stans, pop the bead back on and inflate the tire. Mind you I'm laughing out loud at this point, just thinking about what I just over heard.

She looks over and I'm like fvck, no, don't ask it. Mind you, I just woke, bed head like a mofo, and I'm very grumpy when I wake up.

So....

Yup....

Hey, you looking for a good time?

I'm all like

The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-pizap.com13534539652491.jpg

At this point and time, I thought should I take a pic or not. I pussied out and left. On the way back to do the rear tire, I thought don't be a puss this time if she's still there take the pic to upload here and laugh. I get there and she wasn't there anymore So no pic sorry. I thought this was a funny way to start my day.

For the record.

Name:  7nTnr.png
Views: 69
Size:  31.1 KB

official eMpTyBRain
    Some other dude hooked up!

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Some other dude hooked up!
    Most likely, along with a possible chance to get some STD, HIV, AIDS.

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    You have to be able to get the stem out on the trailside if you're stuck putting a tube in. Instead of using pliers, from the inside the rim side, push down on the base of the stem with your thumb, compressing the rubber, tighten the nut nice and finger tight. The rubber uncompressing will apply more holding force to the nut, but removal is simply the opposite as installation. I've had 100% success with this method. Also, I prep my stem hole by pushing a heated up awl through from the inside the rim side.
    Are we still talking about the "tubeless tire dilema"?

re member
    Should of offered her some chocolate....bichizz loves chocolate.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

Is not amused
    Oh and here is a shiity cell pic to boot.

The "all about bikes only thread" in the "no bike discussion" forum page-imag1518-1.jpg

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post

Ride More, Whine Less
    I have felt the need to avoid this thread for hours. I simply use tubes. Put them in; pump them up.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    I have felt the need to avoid this thread for hours. I simply use tubes. Put them in; pump them up.
    It's not a debate. Bike related debates occur in the bike threads outside the OC. We are a loving family with respect for each other protected by the boundaries that we the people of the OC have put in place.

re member
    Sometimes three times per ride.
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Should of offered her some chocolate....bichizz loves chocolate.
    rep when I can.

Ride More, Whine Less
    It's not a debate. Bike related debates occur in the bike threads outside the OC. We are a loving family with respect for each other protected by the boundaries that we the people of the OC have put in place.
    I had to avoid the thread because I traveled to every "quickie mart" in town with stupid tubed tires and was never approached for sex...not even once. I going tubeless tonight! I wonder if the wife will understand

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Most likely, along with a possible chance to get some STD, HIV, AIDS.

I was waiting for the Heineken part.

I build my own.
    You know those old couples you see walking around wearing matching outfits? I'm really liking my lady's new bike & I'm thinking I'll get one.

We may just be old enough to pull it off.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Is not amused
    I had to avoid the thread because I traveled to every "quickie mart" in town with stupid tubed tires and was never approached for sex...not even once. I going tubeless tonight! I wonder if the wife will understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I was waiting for the Heineken part.
    Actually she did appear to be a classy hooker. Wrong city to be working in though.

Edit:

Heyyall, just tell the wife your going to the store to get some of the last HO hos.

re member
    How about the young lady 'taking a step up' at Stewart's Shops.

Was she there working, or consuming?
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    How about the young lady 'taking a step up' at Stewart's Shops.

Was she there working, or consuming?
    IDK, got that pic of the web. Sorry.

re member
    I'll just assume She's a working girl.

Probably headin' in to grab a pack of Marlboros.
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

official eMpTyBRain
    Ah-haaa, got it.

Page 24 of 115 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 ... LastLast