Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 2849
    live long and huck
    Having a lot of trouble with this stupid Quicktime Pro, it'll only upload the first segment of my edits. This is far from all that I want to share with you guys, but it's the best that I can do for right now. I'll goof around with it some more today.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I0WSnp9wED4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Having a lot of trouble with this stupid Quicktime Pro, it'll only upload the first segment of my edits. This is far from all that I want to share with you guys, but it's the best that I can do for right now. I'll goof around with it some more today.
    Aahh, you're killing me with these perfect trails and perfect weather! It's not supposed to rain tomorrow around here, so I'll at least get to do one of my lame, boring, flat ground road rides. Still, it's better than nothing though.

Quicktime Pro sucks for video editing. Even my 1.2 GHz dual-core netbook with Windows 7 will edit video, although render time is slower than it is on my quad-core desktop. It sounds like you might be better off going back to your previous video editing software.

live long and huck
    I did the QuicktimePro, against your recommendation I might add, because it seemed the cheapest alternative. The editing wasn't really all that bad, but it only seemed to work well on my computer, I couldn't get uploaded what I wanted. This morning I upgraded my Videopad software, second cheapest alternative, and I've got a nicer up the mountain video finalizing on both youtube and vimeo right this minute. I'll put the descent together this afternoon, I'm not doing much anyway besides nursing me knee. Work should be fun tomorrow, I walk about 11 miles a day in a 10 hour shift, maybe I'll skate out early, it would be the first time in over 2 years.

youtube video is ready, use the large player in 720HD. It's still kind of grainy and I saved it in the same format as the original recording. My best results still have been going right from the camera to online, so QuicktimePro will work good for that when I just want to post from a single clip.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FcqJbGEg3RU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    i quit shooting video because it all looked like i was just riding on a flat dirt trail.
    Well, start recording again! You've seen our stuff...we wanna see yours!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I did the QuicktimePro, against your recommendation I might add, because it seemed the cheapest alternative. The editing wasn't really all that bad, but it only seemed to work well on my computer, I couldn't get uploaded what I wanted. This morning I upgraded my Videopad software, second cheapest alternative, and I've got a nicer up the mountain video finalizing on both youtube and vimeo right this minute. I'll put the descent together this afternoon, I'm not doing much anyway besides nursing me knee. Work should be fun tomorrow, I walk about 11 miles a day in a 10 hour shift, maybe I'll skate out early, it would be the first time in over 2 years.

youtube video is ready, use the large player in 720HD. It's still kind of grainy and I saved it in the same format as the original recording. My best results still have been going right from the camera to online, so QuicktimePro will work good for that when I just want to post from a single clip.
    That seemed to work pretty well

Well, it quit raining and the sun's out, so maybe I can ride around the neighborhood. I won't go too far in case a shower hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Well, start recording again! You've seen our stuff...we wanna see yours!
    I second that!

mtbr member
    Sorry about the OTB crash Opti. Looks ugly on the outside and a bit concerned about the inside parts, too. Heal fast.

Your climbing vid is awesome. That looks like something I'd like to ride. I especially like the Saguaros and Ocotillos that are reaching out to grab you as you pass by.
    Last edited by Hawg; 12-02-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Rabid Lana fan
    Opti, I love your local terrain! I want to go riding with you.

Oh, and I can relate to the OTB you posted, I seem to do one about every other ride or so.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

occ member
    I agree with net wurker on your terrain.Arizona looks like soo much fun! I think you would be great to ride with too. I haven't done the OTB thing yet though

live long and huck
    Thanks for the comments everybody. It is a lot of fun riding here, but I have a habit of riding the trails that are at the edge of my abilities. I tend to get a bit banged up about once a year.

I'm going to do a 3 part down the mountain post. I shot it in 3 sections, my uploads look better if I do no editing. In this first one I take a few shots at a pretty scary switchback, especially since I had already jacked up me knee, and I was in no hurry to fall on it again.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5A3f85j0N-4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

live long and huck
    Watch these 3 in HD720, they should come through pretty clear.

Rabid Lana fan
    Yeah, that's pretty hard-core exposure!

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty hard-core exposure!
    There was definitely some pucker going on.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dEa3Ylt6xJc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

humber river advocate
    cleared some dead fall on the trails today...

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Rabid Lana fan
    Good man! (nice hat, too!)

humber river advocate
    technically i wouldn't call it a hat...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    Nice helmet! And good on you for doing your part to keep the trail flowing!

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    What is it ?

Magura

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    What is it ?

Magura
    You should always wear safety goggles and a hard hat when operating a chainsaw, therefor it must be a hardhat.

DIY all the way
    You should always wear safety goggles and a hard hat when operating a chainsaw, therefor it must be a hardhat.
    Hmm, the hard hat I have for that, is made of plastic and is orange, and so are the ones I have seen so far.

Magura

mtbr member
    Opti, your new cliff hanger vids are scaring me again....be careful dude!

Ride More, Work Less
    I tried to make another video today. Crap, crap and more crap. What I've learned is the way I'm mounting the flip video cause pressure on the zoom button (which is on the back). I think I'm going to have to wish for santa to bring me a camera this year.

humber river advocate
    it is hard and does have a crumple zone...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    I tried to make another video today. Crap, crap and more crap. What I've learned is the way I'm mounting the flip video cause pressure on the zoom button (which is on the back). I think I'm going to have to wish for santa to bring me a camera this year.
    Lots of new models coming out, you may be able to snag a deal on "last years" model. I always just Google search for what I want, click the shopping button, and look for the lowest price from a reputable dealer.

live long and huck
    Opti, your new cliff hanger vids are scaring me again....be careful dude!
    I rode up there a year and a half ago or so on my Firebird, coming across that escarpment at the top I clipped my left pedal on the rock, tipped to the right, and all but shyt myself. If you noticed, I stayed a bit away from the edge where I could, but I was definitely aware than danger was near.

Rabid Lana fan
    I've got a new mount, and decided to try Hawg's handlebar mount method. What do you guys think? I think it has too much 'blair-witch' effect going on.

Hawg, are your normal trails, like, sidewalk smooth? Your handlebar mount videos are really smooth and easy to watch. Even our "smooth" parts have little stutter rocks everywhere, so it's never really sidewalk smooth. (Except for about 10 miles worth on the top of the mountain)

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mXcegmUFIY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mXcegmUFIY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

DIY all the way
    As it seems to be in this thread, the most people post good videos lately, could you do me a favor, and also post with the vid where the camera was mounted, and which camera you used?

Just for the next couple of vids, so I get a feel for what gives what.

I'm trying to make an informed purchase of a cam in the nearest future....

Magura

mtbr member
    I've got a new mount, and decided to try Hawg's handlebar mount method. What do you guys think? I think it has too much 'blair-witch' effect going on.

Hawg, are your normal trails, like, sidewalk smooth? Your handlebar mount videos are really smooth and easy to watch. Even our "smooth" parts have little stutter rocks everywhere, so it's never really sidewalk smooth. (Except for about 10 miles worth on the top of the mountain)

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mXcegmUFIY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mXcegmUFIY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Yeah, the hardpack here is as smooth as a concrete sidewalk. I kinda like the blair witch effect, though. The jumping scenes give the viewer a "feel" for the terrain.

Is your camera set up at 720P?

live long and huck
    As it seems to be in this thread, the most people post good videos lately, could you do me a favor, and also post with the vid where the camera was mounted, and which camera you used?

Just for the next couple of vids, so I get a feel for what gives what.

I'm trying to make an informed purchase of a cam in the nearest future....

Magura
    I'm using a Drift Innovation HD170 Stealth. It'll record at 1080p, but only at 30 fps. I'm having better results recording at 720p and 60 fps. My biggest problem is that I'm too cheap to buy good editing software, and I'm not software savvy enough and generally don't have the available time to make the open source stuff work.

DIY all the way
    I'm using a Drift Innovation HD170 Stealth. It'll record at 1080p, but only at 30 fps. I'm having better results recording at 720p and 60 fps. My biggest problem is that I'm too cheap to buy good editing software, and I'm not software savvy enough and generally don't have the available time to make the open source stuff work.
    Thanks.

Magura

mtbr member
    It records very well.

IMO, we aren't trying to win any academy awards here. I'd always rather post a vid w/o editing and converse about you all instead of having all the questions answered on the video itself (where, when, how, what...).

banned
    Feb 2012
    Great vids Opti and scary as he11! One day I will become a good enough rider to dare riding trails like yours!

live long and huck
    It records very well.

IMO, we aren't trying to win any academy awards here. I'd always rather post a vid w/o editing and converse about you all instead of having all the questions answered on the video itself (where, when, how, what...).
    That's exactly it. Best case for me is straight from camera to the net, that's the least time involved. I don't feel that music is necessary, I'm not advertising for a product, I just want to get my video out to share with those not familiar with this area. I also have trouble deciding what to cut out, but my camera has a wrist strap remote so it's convenient to take more but shorter videos, which also facilitates straight to the net.

Rabid Lana fan
    I kind of like video editing. It's sort of fun.

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Great vids Opti and scary as he11! One day I will become a good enough rider to dare riding trails like yours!

Thanks Sti, but I wasn't good enough yesterday. I worked my vids around most of my fails, I was riding like crap, my crash had me operating far from my best, and even then that is questionable.

live long and huck
    Oh, it is, no doubt. I day dream about making a killer vid with my new bike, some pov footage, some stationary, sort of like the real grainy one I did a while back coming down a chunky hill. Whenever I look at my footage though, it doesn't have that !!POW!! like the pros have. I've got other hobbies and my job takes a lot of my time, so I'm content just riding, and throwing my minimalist videos out there.

Rabid Lana fan
    I know what you mean.

Here's another from today, only edited enough to add a date and description...technical climbing, ugh.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/US17LNzzpmU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/US17LNzzpmU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

DIY all the way
    We need to become very close friends

I hate that kind of stuff.
    It's like making CAD drawings

Magura

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    i think the jello-screen effect you are getting there can supposedly be fixed by using a higher frame rate.

the problem with handlebar mount is the rapid swinging side to side giving viewers motion sickness, and i didnt notice that on your vid. it's less of a problem on higher speed stuff where you have fewer steering movements (like your clip), and more of a problem on techy stuff.

mtbr member
    Future major motion picture editor?

DIY all the way
    I assume a DRIFT INNOVATION DRIFT HD 1080P is close to what you got?

I can have that one, or a GOPRO HD HERO2 MOTORSPORTS for approx the same price.

Which one would you pick?

Magura

mtbr member
    I know what you mean.

Here's another from today, only edited enough to add a date and description...technical climbing, ugh.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/US17LNzzpmU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/US17LNzzpmU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Holly Cow! You guys were climbing up what most everyone else would only consider going down?! Cool!!!

Is your camera set at 720, 960, or 1080?

And BTW, you usually use the term "gag" whenever you mention climbing???

see me rollin, they hatin
    NW, alabama looks like new england!
    fap

live long and huck
    vid #3, when I look behind at the very beginning, that kind of mildewy greenish horizontal line is just below where I came across in the first down vid.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_h28KfrJEkA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    ^ Please say "hello" for me to any Gila Monsters and Rattlesnakes you may encounter on your rides.

Rabid Lana fan
    Nicole, yes, our 'terrains' are very similar.

Hawg, it only has 2 settings, HD and SD. I think it was SD today, not even sure, and don't know which resolutions they are, either. I think the HD is 30 frames @ 720 and SD is 60 frames @ 480. Not sure, though.

Rabid Lana fan
    Climbing.

Gag.

live long and huck
    I assume a DRIFT INNOVATION DRIFT HD 1080P is close to what you got?

I can have that one, or a GOPRO HD HERO2 MOTORSPORTS for approx the same price.

Which one would you pick?

Magura
    You won't find as many after market mounts for the Drift as you will the GoPro. The Drift is a sleaker package. Drift has a rotatable lense. GoPro is easier to use as a regular camera. Drift has a built in LCD screen for set-up and playback. When I was originally shopping, almost 2 years ago, my choices came down to the Contour or Drift, I had eliminated the GoPro because of it's "clunkiness". If I remember correctly, the Drift is more useable right out of the box than the Contour or GoPro, but don't hold me to that. I really like the wrist strap remote control of the Drift. I bought a 16mb memory card which will hold over 3 hours, and the oem battery will record about 3 hours. I use mine with the helmet mount, which I like, it came with a bar mount which I haven't tried yet. When I bought mine, it was substantially cheaper than the competition. I would not hesitate to buy another Drift.

live long and huck
    Climbing.

Gag.
    No, no, not gag. Climbing is where it's at!! Anybody can ride down hill, it takes strength, stamina, and technique to go up.

Rabid Lana fan
    You sound like Freightrain.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Nicole, yes, our 'terrains' are very similar.

Hawg, it only has 2 settings, HD and SD. I think it was SD today, not even sure, and don't know which resolutions they are, either. I think the HD is 30 frames @ 720 and SD is 60 frames @ 480. Not sure, though.
    Frame rate is not your primary problem IMHO. Narrow field of view is. You need a wider lens, 30FPS is perfectly OK.