Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by resuretsiger View Post
    Well, I only have 3 bikes. My SS is only half a bike, rounded up.
    I thought it was a sad commentary that the most popular topics in "Passion" were "How many bikes". Not riding, or trails, or working on bikes, or riding with friends, etc.

Those threads are there but these 4 were the most popular this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    i swear the spammers are following ME. sorry guys. it just seems that way.!! we really need a captcha type thing like hutch said
    It won't stop the dedicated human spammers but it makes it tough for the bots to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

AZ
    banned
    The human ones need a fork in the neck.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    It won't stop the dedicated human spammers but it makes it tough for the bots to work.
    the bots are using human solvers now, too.

~Disc~Golf~
    I 'wasted' a rep
    Honestly... ahh I give up

banned
    Feb 2012
    wonderful day. NH'ers may recognize this.
    Nice pics. Where is that?

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    I'll take a random stab and say, Northern Houston

6BC a.k.a. 6 hours of Briar Chapel

Six hour race today. I had a blast, got in eight laps on a six mile course. everyone says I get an honorary nine. I would have made nine but on lap five I flatted and had to walk 1.5-2mi back out of the woods and get the sealant removed, rim strip put in and a tube and I still only missed the cut off for lap nine by three minutes. For an idea of what the trail was like, watch Nicole's videos. Her chunk and my chunk are very similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    Six hour race today. I had a blast, got in eight laps on a six mile course. everyone says I get an honorary nine. I would have made nine but on lap five I flatted and had to walk 1.5-2mi back out of the woods and get the sealant removed, rim strip put in and a tube and I still only missed the cut off for lap nine by three minutes. For an idea of what the trail was like, watch Nicole's videos. Her chunk and my chunk are very similar.
    Good to hear!

I've seen her vids. You guys got some "funky-chunky"!

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    I'll take a random stab and say, Northern Houston
    NICOLE! you were in Northern Houston and didn't tell me?!

~Disc~Golf~
    Reminds me a of a good joke I heard.

What is the difference between a spammer and shill? What do they have in common?
    you're both?

AZ
    banned
    Reminds me a of a good joke I heard.

What is the difference between a spammer and shill? Nothing.What do they have in common? They both can lick the balls of my syphilitic dog?

My apologies if you are not a spammer.

****** to the dirt
    ^^reported

see me rollin, they hatin
    Bear Brook. Allenstown NH
    fap

Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    nice kid! but i think my chunk is bigger. and by that i mean, my belly.
    fap

banned
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    John Kuhl, let's see the "29er"!

Beetchin vid Dion!

Sti, yello bikes RULE! Mine is only red.

AZ, cant' wait to hear about riding the new trail section! Pics please, if you take any...

I just got back into town from a long weekend away in the high desert. Did a little fire road exploring ride. Really neat to see the geography transition from high desert into forest.
    PCT?

banned
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I did a quick edit of my daily ride for your pleasure. I wanted to play with some different camera mounting options, and I think this exercise sparked some new ideas. Sorry it's my ugly mug most of it - this was experimental for me.

I almost killed an off-leash dog in the making of this video. OBEY THE FCKIN' LEASH LAW!

I started making riding videos back in 1990 of Freestyle BMX on VHS tape-to-tape editing machines and an Amiga Computer for graphics (I was 15 - I've sent my poor mother on a treasure hunt for that old tape). In the early 2000's I was using a bullet cam connected to camcorder for motorcycle videos... you know, back in the video capture days?

Well, I finally got around to getting a GoPro, and trying to learn it. I love it!

I hope you like my new edit. As always, I cuss like a sailor and I lay over uncensored gangsta rap, so it may not be safe for work. I cuss, the music cusses, and there's text with cussing. And... it's gangsta rap, so there is violent language and drug references.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/53720507?badge=0" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/53720507">Santa Teresa County Park - November 2012</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user6987785">Dion Rides Bikes</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    Very interesting perspective with that camera angle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    PCT?
    Haha, one day...we all hope.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    On the other hand though, when it's 110 degrees I'll go bang out a 4-6 hour ride.
    True, that would be too much heat for me. OTOH, I do my share of rides in 85/85 (over 85F and over 85% of humidity) that can get pretty nasty, too. We have a little bit of everything here in New England.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

New question here. Thanksgiving Day Ride???

Weather permitting, whose hitting the trails on Turkey Day????

Rabid Lana fan
    <holding up="" hand=""> I plan to. Two hour ride Thursday morning with my doggie</holding>
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by net wurker; 11-19-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

banned
    Feb 2012
    Wife permitting, I am.

AZ
    banned
    I'm sure there will be a ride of sorts on Turkey Day. It may degenerate into something entirely something else, you can never tell about holiday rides.

I plan on it. Then we have the annual Raleigh-Go-Round the day after. Still sore from my race yesterday and today is a screen reclaim day. Go figure.
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Monz, where are all the pics? did you snap any?

there are awesome trails near my mom's house where i'm going to be eating. i would like to do that again like i did last year (ride in the morning, then show up covered in mud to eat lots of food). i dont know the trails by my self very well though. i may need to find a buddy.
    fap

I have about three pictures. There's a ton from other people that were snapping them. I can find some of the links on the local forum and pick the good ones and post them. It will be roughly a million I have to sift through since all the people in my area put every single picture they took up instead of posting only the good ones. The race was a blast. Even with an OTB and a flat that caused me to hike 1.5mi out of the woods to get it fixed.

No Stranger to danger....
    Monz, where are all the pics? did you snap any?

there are awesome trails near my mom's house where i'm going to be eating. i would like to do that again like i did last year (ride in the morning, then show up covered in mud to eat lots of food). i dont know the trails by my self very well though. i may need to find a buddy.
    I'll snap that offer right up Nic, im at the airport now, i'll guide you through those dark and dangerous trails......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

ha, thanks tones. we'll just get hopeless lost
    fap

ha, thanks tones. we'll just get hopeless lost
    hehehehe thats just what im planning, lost in the woods with Nic, then i can save you from bears n wolves and all sorts of dangers, i could build us a hut and hunt for some food, we could stay there forever

banned
    Feb 2012
    hehehehe thats just what im planning, lost in the woods with Nic, then i can save you from bears n wolves and all sorts of dangers, i could build us a hut and hunt for some food, we could stay there forever
    Are you trying to be a romantic man now Tone's?

Rabid Lana fan
    Are you trying to be a romantic man now Tone's?
    He is an old romantic at heart....here's his last "mountainbike date" (she had a lovely time!)

rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

^^^ LOL Guys, maybe i am trying to be romantic, she brings it out in me, and please dont wreck my moment, i feel im gaining ground, like 1mm a year, at this rate i'll be 10cm closer to my goal in 100 years.......thats gotta count for something.......

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    He is an old romantic at heart....here's his last "mountainbike date" (she had a lovely time!)
    He is a nice and considerate bloke indeed, can you see the comfy bed liner there?

oh man Tones, you crack me up. it's not so much the wolves and bears, this is Lowell Mass. its the urban wildlife you have to worry about! (though, i guess they dont bother going so deep in the woods for their drug deals)
    fap

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    For me Thanksgiving is turkey and
    beer. I'll be to full and drunk to ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    For me Thanksgiving is turkey and
    beer. I'll be to full and drunk to ride.
    Beer, huh? I've always thought of beer as an everyday treat/refreshment/reward.

Why not have something a little more "special" to drink with your holiday turkey?

Is not amused
    Finally have the tires mounted. Stan's tomorrow. With the TLR strip these where a bi+ch to mount though they are holding air which I'm impressed especially the front cause it's a Sworks. After all was said and done... btw I almost lost my temper for the record, I still mounted the rear in the wrong direction, LOL FFFFFFUUUUUUUU!

Thank you LBS for letting me work there instead of my house which sucks.

The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-imag1515.jpg

The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-imag1516.jpg

live long and huck
    Nice tires, I like Specialized. They work well out here and hold up pretty decent, although the sworks don't fare so well.

Oh,

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I still mounted the rear in the wrong direction,
    not possible.

live long and huck
    Instead of rim strips, I just use 2-3 wraps of 3M electrical tape pulled nice and snug with all of the air bubbles carefully worked out.

somehow still alive
    Or a 24" tube.
    that's what I got.

Specialized Butcher in the front and Clutch in the rear. love 'em.
    Not what you think.

My videos

Is not amused
    Nice tires, I like Specialized. They work well out here and hold up pretty decent, although the sworks don't fare so well.

Oh, not possible.
    The rocks around here aren't sharp and jagged for the most part. I've had good luck with Sworks in the past and anything is better for sidewalls than the schwalbe tires.

_____

Has anyone run the GC facing the wrong direction? Wondering if this will be okay, stupid I know but, the GC has different compounds on the middle/transition lugs being soft on the front side, hard on the back. Insert Specialized term for that but that's what it is. Not to mention the angle of the side lugs. Just wondering if it will roll faster/slower. How it will effect the braking? Meh.....

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    ^ Not sure about GCs but some other models and brands including Specialized are commonly used in reverse.

I say finish the mount and ride it as is. Report your findings once you have a feel for it. Perhaps GCs are indeed reversible?

Only Hutch knows.... eventually

live long and huck
    Just flip it around, it'll be a little messy, but the Stan's should work in your favor when trying to get the last bit of bead over the rim. It'll always bug you if you don't.

Is not amused
    Instead of rim strips, I just use 2-3 wraps of 3M electrical tape pulled nice and snug with all of the air bubbles carefully worked out.
    As for this. First I tried the Stans kit which worked ok. So this time around since I have TLR rims, I got the strips for them along with the stems. Simple stupid. No tape, no worry about bubbles, UST bead. For something that looks so flimsy and cheap, it actually works great.

The only gripe I would say about the TLR system was that there is no direction in what way the rim strip should go on. Both edges look the same but one lets the tire bead mount perfect.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    BTW, seems I've seen those same tires somewhere recently...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-121119_0001.jpg  

Is not amused
    ^ Not sure about GCs but some other models and brands including Specialized are commonly used in reverse.

I say finish the mount and ride it as is. Report your findings once you have a feel for it. Perhaps GCs are indeed reversible?

Only Hutch knows.... eventually
    That's what I plan on doing.

Just flip it around, it'll be a little messy, but the Stan's should work in your favor when trying to get the last bit of bead over the rim. It'll always bug you if you don't.
    There's no Stans in them at the moment. They are pumped up to the max 65PSI and holding air perfectly. This should help them stretch out a little. I need to find someone with a valve removal tool since the LBS couldn't find theirs tonight to add the Stans cause I really, really do not want to pop any part of the bead off.

Is not amused
    BTW, seems I've seen those same tires somewhere recently...
    I went with the control casing for the rear in the CG. I wouldn't trust a Sworks for a rear.

From eye to eye the Spec Purg 2.3 is the same casing width as my RARA's in 2.25. The GC 2.3 is smaller then the Rara 2.25.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    There's no Stans in them at the moment. They are pumped up to the max 65PSI and holding air perfectly. This should help them stretch out a little. I need to find someone with a valve removal tool since the LBS couldn't find theirs tonight to add the Stans cause I really, really do not want to pop any part of the bead off.
    They'll almost certainly pop off (into the channel) when you let the air out of them but they'll also probably go right back on when you reinflate them.

I just use pliers to get the vales out. Works perfectly...

live long and huck
    I really, really do not want to pop any part of the bead off.
    Might be in your best interest to pop it loose now, as opposed to waiting until you're out on the trail, at nightfall, in the rain, and realize that maybe you should have put some stronger levers in your bag. Ok, no Stan's yet, use some soapy water. I'd personally want to make sure that I could pull the bead over, now, instead of later.

Suckin wind like a boss
    hutch check this vid out, this is how i did mine the first time and every time since. especially now that you have the bead seated, its really easy to pop one bead, add the stans, and reseat the bead. i dont own a compressor so i had no choice, and after doing this i was amazed at just how easy it really was.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WyF29qi82Ws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast