Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 2849
    see me rollin, they hatin
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I'm having a hard time visualizing that. Could you GoPro +YouTube that for us? (preferably topless in a bubble-bath???)
    its a special occasion if i get like that. (the speaking in tongues). it's rare.

cant say i've ever exerted myself THAT much in a bubble bath. i mean, i do work up a sweat trying to get the rag-on-a-stick into the fat folds but not enough to holler.
    fap

I dd what you see there.
    I've been known to start giggling during flat out sprints....
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2011 Trek Cronus CX Ultimate

Binned
    Nov 2008
    So I hit my local Hell hill after work today, all inspired by Freighty and the uphill grunt/grind videos here.

I got into a good groove and made it to the top w/o stopping. That's only the third time I've been able to do it out of dozens of attempts. Currently downloading the first 12 minutes of the 42 minute climb. I will post that video later but here's a rear view video going down the hill the hill to give you an idea of the steepness.

<iframe width="960" height="540" src="http://contour.com/stories/whiting-woods-rearview/embed?map=false&width=960px&height=540px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

banned
    Feb 2012
    Haha intertubez peer pressure, that is a new one! I hate to break it to you Hawg but your spokes are seriously bendy! Good video and looong hill, I felt like hanging underneath your bike in person. What hub is that, DT Swiss 240? My Hope Pro would be much much louder.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Yeah 240 hubs on that bike. It was a race wheel set to keep the weight of the bike to an absolute minimum. The distortion of the wide angle camera setting makes the spokes look really flexy but it's not bad at all in reality.

Rabid Lana fan
    Nice one Hawg. You can keep the climbing, I'll take the coasting.

But I'm tellin ya, you need to watch out for the catz. I'm gonna grab a random screen shot form your video, just to see.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Rabid Lana fan
    lets see....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-hawg-ride.png  

Rabid Lana fan
    Dammmmm, I'll bet you blew right by and didn't see it, didja?

I'll bet there's 40-50 lions on that one 12 mile decent alone. Be careful!!!!!

Ride More, Work Less
    'Hawg, nice work. With the frame rate, it looked like you were coasting up hill at times. Or could it be you had a motor mounted off the front wheel????

Rabid Lana fan
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    My Hope Pro would be much much louder.
    My Hammerschmidt sounds like I'm reeling in a shark!

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Dammmmm, I'll bet you blew right by and didn't see it, didja?

I'll bet there's 40-50 lions on that one 12 mile decent alone. Be careful!!!!!
    About 3 or 4 months ago, I did friendly race down that hill with another rider. I almost ate shiit really bad but recovered. At the bottom, he told me that on the week prior, he was rolling down that hill and saw a big cat running down ahead of him then it quickly climbed up to an over look. He said the cat glared at him from above as he passed by.

Here's something funny, we have mountain lion warning signs posted all over our mountains here. The start of the climb video I will be posting later has a funny part that I did in honor of your concerns. You outta get a kick out of it.

BTW, that's a 2.63 mile descent. It's over waaaaay to soon.

***Good work on the lion sightings!

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    'Hawg, nice work. With the frame rate, it looked like you were coasting up hill at times. Or could it be you had a motor mounted off the front wheel????
    Good eyes! There's 3 sections on that downhill run that have a slight uphill part. If you pace yourself correctly with the proper amount of speed, you can coast uphill long enough to clear them w/o having to crank. That's a little built in challenge on that run.

banned
    Feb 2012
    lets see....
    I am seriously disappointed that you missed Huckin kitty huck the cougar.

Rabid Lana fan
    I am seriously disappointed that you missed Huckin kitty huck the cougar.
    Dam, yer right. How did I miss that???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-hawg1.png  

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Huckin' Kitty rides again!!!

banned
    Feb 2012
    Dam, yer right. How did I miss that???

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    net wurker, i'm late to the party, but it was fun watching your monte sano vids. i rode mountain mist last christmas, and then pedaled up the old road back to the top. i also tried to ride one at the far end of the mountain that was more like going down a steep rockpile. gave up on that one after about 100 yds.

Rabid Lana fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    net wurker, i'm late to the party, but it was fun watching your monte sano vids. i rode mountain mist last christmas, and then pedaled up the old road back to the top. i also tried to ride one at the far end of the mountain that was more like going down a steep rockpile. gave up on that one after about 100 yds.
    That would be warpath ridge. Monte Sano is great, isn't it?

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    That would be warpath ridge. Monte Sano is great, isn't it?
    i knew it had some kind of name like from a western movie...

ya, great park, big variety of long trails, different skill levels, and helpful space shuttle-shaped blazes to mark the trail.

Rabid Lana fan
    Yeah, those markers are crazy, right? I heard NASA sponsored a race there, and that's where they came from. Everyone loved them, so they stayed.

Rabid Lana fan
    Now I feel like reposting this picture...spacecamp!

live long and huck
    Fun looking downhill, ambassador. Here's mine, I managed to hit 31.7 mph, with a 32x19 there wasn't much pedaling involved, except the little uphill where I was reeling in roadies. No offense, freighttrain.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mIUOEphnDaI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

banned
    Feb 2012
    Good to see a cougar in your video, too. Too bad there was no huckin to be seen there. You climbed that on a SS? Kudos!

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Opti, I realize that the road was closed to motor vehicles, but driving on the wrong side of the road? Guilty!

Cool video!

Rabid Lana fan
    Opti, passing roadies on the uphill with big fat knoobbies????

You pedal like an animal!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Here's the GoPro HD Hero2 chest mount footage of last weekend's Mercy Mile climb. This is the version I put on YouTube because I have many subscribers who enjoy seeing and hearing me suffer . This has the entire latter part of the climb, including the part where I petered out and had to take a break (I edited out the actual resting though, of course).

I think the chest mount does a better job of showing the effort than the helmet mount. The GoPro also has better image quality. This means louder "freight training" though, so be forewarned !

Auburn, CA 'Mercy Mile' MTB climb (Strava segment) - YouTube
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vANxFEfdX7k" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Hey Freighty, you've probably already posted the stats of that climb (Mercy Mile) but can you tell us again? Total distance? Grade? Elevation gain?

Thanks!

Binned
    Nov 2008
    ^ reported

Here's my videos from the hell grind yesterday. I've included 12 mins from the start and another clip from the last few minutes to the top. Made it on-stop. Granny grind the whole way up in 26/32. I've got the volume turned down pretty low on my camera but make no mistake, I'm huffin' and puffin' like Freighty does. It's 2.63 miles up to the top, about 1700' elevation gain. The climb took a total of 42 minutes.

<iframe width="960" height="540" src="http://contour.com/stories/hell-grind-whiting-woods-fire-road/embed?map=false&width=960px&height=540px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="960" height="540" src="http://contour.com/stories/hell-grind-whiting-woods-fire-road-part-2/embed?map=false&width=960px&height=540px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

banned
    Feb 2012
    Nice view from the top. 26/32 on a niner, that is not half bad for such a steep hill.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Hey Freighty, you've probably already posted the stats of that climb (Mercy Mile) but can you tell us again? Total distance? Grade? Elevation gain?

Thanks!
    It's 711' of climbing in one mile. I saw a max of 20.3% when I moused over the elevation profile. Here's the Strava data: Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Clementine, Fuel Break, Culvert, Confluence, Mercy Mile, Stagecoach near Auburn | Times and Records | Strava

Here's the Garmin Connect data. This doesn't show % grade when you mouse over the elevation profile like Strava does, but you don't need an account login to see all the data either, unlike Strava:
    Clementine, Fuel Break, Culvert, Confluence, Mercy Mile, Stagecoach by freighttraininguphill at Garmin Connect - Details

I'm watching your videos now. If you want to really show some suffering, get the Contour vented helmet mount, turn the mic level up to 45 in Storyteller like I did with my ContourHD, and mount that sucker on your helmet. The audio will be clean like it is on the first two videos I posted from last weekend's ride, and people will be able to hear conversations between riders.

Even with the volume turned all the way up, I couldn't hear what you said at the gate with the mountain lion warning sign at the bottom of the climb. We have those same signs around here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Here's my videos from the hell grind yesterday. I've included 12 mins from the start and another clip from the last few minutes to the top. Made it on-stop. Granny grind the whole way up in 26/32. I've got the volume turned down pretty low on my camera but make no mistake, I'm huffin' and puffin' like Freighty does. It's 2.63 miles up to the top, about 1700' elevation gain. The climb took a total of 42 minutes.
    Just finished watching both videos. Love the views on the way up! I was able to hear your commentary as you rode, but I couldn't make out what you said at the top when you got off your bike and faced the camera with a shyt-eatin' grin .

Looks like it was about to get nice and steep with some good suffering at the end of the first clip .

My Mercy Mile climb was granny all the way up too. I think my bike has a 26-32, 26-34, or 24-34 low gear. I'll have to look someday.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    It's 711' of climbing in one mile. I saw a max of 20.3% when I moused over the elevation profile. Here's the Strava data: Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Clementine, Fuel Break, Culvert, Confluence, Mercy Mile, Stagecoach near Auburn | Times and Records | Strava

Here's the Garmin Connect data. This doesn't show % grade when you mouse over the elevation profile like Strava does, but you don't need an account login to see all the data either, unlike Strava:
    Clementine, Fuel Break, Culvert, Confluence, Mercy Mile, Stagecoach by freighttraininguphill at Garmin Connect - Details

I'm watching your videos now. If you want to really show some suffering, get the Contour vented helmet mount, turn the mic level up to 45 in Storyteller like I did with my ContourHD, and mount that sucker on your helmet. The audio will be clean like it is on the first two videos I posted from last weekend's ride, and people will be able to hear conversations between riders.

Even with the volume turned all the way up, I couldn't hear what you said at the gate with the mountain lion warning sign at the bottom of the climb. We have those same signs around here.
    I've always made an effort to keep human sounds from being recorded. Huffing and puffing used to be annoying to me until I heard yours. Now I have respect for it, as it adds drama. I used to use a helmet mount but IMO, since you are taping higher up, it looks like you are moving slower than you really are and my vids are focused on speed for the most part. I'm waiting for somebody to produce a fork side mount. I don't care it a branch rips the camera off. You can hit a Contour camera with a sledgehammer and it will still work fine. I want to record a downhill run as close to the ground as possible with the front wheel in the side view as I burn down the grade. That's my idea of ideal recording.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Looks like it was about to get nice and steep with some good suffering at the end of the first clip .
    Yup, that's the start of the first really painfull section. I wouldn't feel safe driving a 4 wheel drive vehicle up or down that part.

Speaking of steep, I love my tires! They grip like they are on a magnetic railroad track. Simply amazing! No slide outs/slips/spin outs what so ever, perfect for my area terrain.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I've always made an effort to keep human sounds from being recorded. Huffing and puffing used to be annoying to me until I heard yours. Now I have respect for it, as it adds drama. I used to use a helmet mount but IMO, since you are taping higher up, it looks like you are moving slower than you really are and my vids are focused on speed for the most part. I'm waiting for somebody to produce a fork side mount. I don't care it a branch rips the camera off. You can hit a Contour camera with a sledgehammer and it will still work fine. I want to record a downhill run as close to the ground as possible with the front wheel in the side view as I burn down the grade. That's my idea of ideal recording.
    You are absolutely correct about the helmet mount! I was disappointed to see how slow it made me look, even on downhills. That's another reason why I decided to make a chest mount version of the Mercy Mile climb. The lower the camera is to the ground, the greater the impression of speed. The reason I didn't make a chest mount version of the rest of last weekend's ride is because I already have a video of those same trails that I recorded in February. It was my first thread here on MTBR: First mtb ride in 15 years with new bike

I would love to see one of your steep climbs recorded with the mic level turned up more. The handlebar mount works well on the mtb videos I've seen on here, and it doesn't seem to make it look like you're crawling like my helmet mount footage does .

Since I started making videos I have found that many people appreciate human sounds, as it lets the viewer hear how hard the effort was. It's a great way to relive a tough climb too.
    Last edited by freighttrainuphill; 11-27-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: mistake

Binned
    Nov 2008
    You are absolutely correct about the helmet mount! I was disappointed to see how slow it made me look, even on downhills. That's another reason why I decided to make a chest mount version of the Mercy Mile climb. The lower the camera is to the ground, the greater the impression of speed. The reason I didn't make a chest mount version of the rest of last weekend's ride is because I already have a video of those same trails that I recorded in February. It has a slow speed crash near the end too. It was my second thread here on MTBR: Ride with a hamfisted ending (warning graphic!)

I would love to see one of your steep climbs recorded with the mic level turned up more. The handlebar mount works well on the mtb videos I've seen on here, and it doesn't seem to make it look like you're crawling like my helmet mount footage does .

Since I started making videos I have found that many people appreciate human sounds, as it lets the viewer hear how hard the effort was. It's a great way to relive a tough climb too.

For you, the next time I hit that steep grind, I will make sure to crank the volume up. Can I ask, do you think you sound louder, not as loud or just as loud on your uphill recordings as it really is?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    For you, the next time I hit that steep grind, I will make sure to crank the volume up. Can I ask, do you think you sound louder, not as loud or just as loud on your uphill recordings as it really is?
    Cool, looking forward to it .

I believe I'm as loud on my GoPro recordings as I am live . The ContourHD recordings are much quieter as far as the sounds of effort on climbs and technical sections, but my voice is plenty loud when I'm speaking to other riders. The Contour also seems to do a better job of picking up the voices of other nearby riders too, which is odd considering how much quieter my breathing is on those recordings .

I made a mistake in my last post and accidentally put the Salmon Falls hamfisted crash thread in there. I've corrected that post to show the link to the proper thread, which is my first ride on my Wahoo up in Auburn on those same trails. Sorry about that .

…That's my idea of ideal recording. [/QUOTE]

Not that is surprising you understand these two words' differences but, I ****ing less than three you for knowing the ****ing deal about words. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Cool, looking forward to it .

I believe I'm as loud on my GoPro recordings as I am live . The ContourHD recordings are much quieter as far as the sounds of effort on climbs and technical sections, but my voice is plenty loud when I'm speaking to other riders. The Contour also seems to do a better job of picking up the voices of other nearby riders too, which is odd considering how much quieter my breathing is on those recordings .

I made a mistake in my last post and accidentally put the Salmon Falls hamfisted crash thread in there. I've corrected that post to show the link to the proper thread, which is my first ride on my Wahoo up in Auburn on those same trails. Sorry about that .
    You do still have the crash video for me to watch in there, right? I want to see it later tonight after work.

Rabid Lana fan
    I'm waiting for somebody to produce a fork side mount.

Hawg:

Sample:
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LhZnNUocuAo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LhZnNUocuAo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Last edited by net wurker; 12-16-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Rabid Lana fan
    Dude, now your just tempting fate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-hawgride.jpg  

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Dude, now your just tempting fate.

Man I look drunk and stoned, huh?

is that mount a home made unit?

Rabid Lana fan
    No, there's two things youy need to get. One is a Pedco Ultraclamp, about twenty bux. I need to look up the thing that goes on the camera. Give me a few.

Oh, and I'm glad you survived the big cat gauntlet line.

Rabid Lana fan

Binned
    Nov 2008
    The pinch bolt design to connect it to the fork worries me a bit....
    Last edited by SCR818; 11-27-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Rabid Lana fan
    Man I look drunk and stoned, huh?
    SOP for MTB in Huntsville

Rabid Lana fan
    It ain't gonna hurt your fork, the clamp will bend before the fork lower will get damaged.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    It ain't gonna hurt your fork, the clamp will bend before the fork lower will get damaged.
    Not worried about the fork, worried about it coming loose and flinging my camera off towards Mars.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    SOP for MTB in Huntsville
    "standard operating procedure" is a phrase we also commonly use when in "partying mode".

Rabid Lana fan
    Zip ties if yer worried. No need though, it mounts really really solid.

I highly recommend this setup for the Contour, it's very versatile in where you can mount for a bunch of different angles.

Rabid Lana fan
    We learned a new term from this site a few years ago: "Safety Meeting"

Rabid Lana fan
    Here's the GoPro HD Hero2 chest mount footage of last weekend's Mercy Mile climb. This is the version I put on YouTube because I have many subscribers who enjoy seeing and hearing me suffer . This has the entire latter part of the climb, including the part where I petered out and had to take a break (I edited out the actual resting though, of course).

I think the chest mount does a better job of showing the effort than the helmet mount. The GoPro also has better image quality. This means louder "freight training" though, so be forewarned !
    You, madam, are a masochist!

banned
    Feb 2012
    The fork mount is interesting but in my limited experience, mounting a camera on unsprung structures usually results in hippy hippy shake.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    You do still have the crash video for me to watch in there, right? I want to see it later tonight after work.
    Sure do! It's in my OP here: Ride with a hamfisted ending (warning graphic!)

I also have this from today. I snuck in a quickie and explored some trails I've never been on before. Two of them don't even have segments on Strava: Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Flood Road, Mossy Rock, Stagecoach Trails near Auburn | Times and Records | Strava

Video later on tonight

even moreso than the grunts, i'd say pushing the wheel and having it wander side to side is the sign of a death climb! (been there)
    fap

Rabid Lana fan
    The fork mount is interesting but in my limited experience, mounting a camera on unsprung structures usually results in hippy hippy shake.
    True story, I threw away all that footage I took that day and never did a fork mount again.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    All the better to nauseate you with.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    There has to be some way of recording close to the ground ahead of the cranks with the camera mounted to the cushioned side of the suspension...help?!

.....guess not....

Binned
    Nov 2008
    That would look cool on a trials bike. Like a motorless chopper.

live long and huck
    Been barely in touch the last 2 days, 16 hour shift yesterday, 12 today. Really shot to hell the fresh feeling that I had from a 4 day weekend. Gotta try to catch up on the videos and heavy breathing, if I don't fall asleep first.

live long and huck
    Hey, ambassador, you mentioned bike pics the other day. Here's my SS.

Oh, and yes, I crossed the center line a time or two. I was pushing my comfort level on a few of those turns and I was afraid to push my Ground Control much harder. I'm still trying to decide on some roadish tires, maybe 2.0ish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The &quot;all about bikes only thread&quot; in the &quot;no bike discussion&quot; forum page-dscn7588.jpg  

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hey, ambassador, you mentioned bike pics the other day. Here's my SS.

Oh, and yes, I crossed the center line a time or two. I was pushing my comfort level on a few of those turns and I was afraid to push my Ground Control much harder. I'm still trying to decide on some roadish tires, maybe 2.0ish.
    I drive a Nissan, too.

Oh, and beechen SS!

few from the other day. my wheels look so huge!

fap

live long and huck
    freighttrain, your road/trail looks rougher from your chest cam, looks even tougher yet.

ambassador, nice little hill you got there.

I'm thinking, the hills around me are full of antenna access roads, I may have to start hitting them up regularly. I don't normally get a good sustained cardio workout riding, mtbing around here is more all on or all off. My legs kind of liked my climb Sunday.

Rabid Lana fan
    Nicole, you're such a hawtie!

Rabid Lana fan
    If I had legs like that, I'd stare at em all the time, too!

well geez i thought the focus would be on the cool rock fort.

boys.
    fap

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post

boys.
    Sorry, even old men. I had to scroll back up to look at the fort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

Terrain Sculptor
    If I had legs like that, I'd stare at em all the time, too!
    If you had legs like that I'm sure a lot of people would stare.
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Who in there right mind would look at a rock
    fort with you in the picture .

****** to the dirt
    well geez i thought the focus would be on the cool rock fort.

boys.
    what rock fort?

^^Reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Fat & Single
    Here's one i made a while back on my first fatbike.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/47940776?badge=0" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

Fat & Single
    And another, waiting on the Hero3 being released here, ebay'd the hero2 on the announcment.... its taking its time

<iframe height="281" src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/47355552?badge=0" frameBorder="0" width="500" allowFullScreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" webkitAllowFullScreen=""></iframe>
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

banned
    Feb 2012
    Nice videos Ozzy, those fat wheels got some nice air on those fun trails!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Here's the short ride I managed to sneak in yesterday. They're forecasting heavy rains for the rest of the week, so once the rain ends it looks like it's back to the road bike until the trails dry out enough.

These are a couple trails I explored that branch off of the Stagecoach fire road in Auburn. One is Flood Road, the other is Mossy Rock. Some of the singletrack looked like a muddier version of an Optimus trail. It was dab city on those since I didn't know what to expect.

Even though this was an even shorter ride than the last one (8.4 miles), there was still plenty of climbing as always

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Flood Road, Mossy Rock, Stagecoach Trails near Auburn | Times and Records | Strava
    Flood Road, Mossy Rock, Stagecoach Trails by freighttraininguphill at Garmin Connect - Details

I think the ContourHD helmet mount footage came out a little better this time. After last weekend's ride I noticed that the helmet mount was clicked down a notch from where it should be, which caused the camera to point down more than it should. When it's properly aimed I don't look like I'm going as slow.

Another reason I like the helmet mount is because you can see me look at objects of interest, like the abandoned trailer I saw off the trail right before the final steep grunt to the end of the Flood Road trail.

I will post the chest mount stuff on YouTube later on in the week.

Contour | Stories | Auburn MTB ride 11-27-12
    <iframe src="http://contour.com/stories/auburn-mtb-ride-11-27-12/embed?map=false&width=848px&height=477px" frameborder="0" height="477" width="848"></iframe>

Rabid Lana fan
    Nice job on the videos, Ozzy. Really well done, and cool trails!

Fat & Single
    Cheers STI-Hacker.

Turn the volume up.... you sound like you got a good heartrate going there Freighttrain !

.... not that heartrate applies to me riding a SS and Fat but it sounds healthy
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    Turn the volume up.... you sound like you got a good heartrate going there Freighttrain !

.... not that heartrate applies to me riding a SS and Fat but it sounds healthy
    Oh yeah! It was near redline a few times on those climbs . I'll definitely be back there again to see if I can clean those without dabbing and stalling. I would love to try those on your fatbike!

If you're into climbing at all, I would love to see a chest or helmet mount video of you doing a tough climb on the fatbike with 100% natural sound. I've never ridden a fatbike, but I have a feeling the rough, technical steep climbs are easier on one.

Fat & Single
    Ive heard my heartbeat on the gopro resonating through the chest mount to the camera.... nevermind the breathing
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

DIY all the way
    There has to be some way of recording close to the ground ahead of the cranks with the camera mounted to the cushioned side of the suspension...help?!

.....guess not....
    An upside down fork would do with a fork mount.

Time to get the DH gear out.

Magura

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Ive heard my heartbeat on the gopro resonating through the chest mount to the camera.... nevermind the breathing
    I've heard that too on videos posted by male cyclists. I think it's cool! I've tried to get my GoPro to pick up my heartbeat but alas, I've got a couple things in the way that prevent the camera from hearing it .

"Nevermind the breathing ". Does that mean you sound like me? If so I want to see raw video even more!

I dd what you see there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excelerator View Post
    In the last pic, it looks like she might have stepped on a "landmine!"
    I was thinking more along the lines of "Nicole discovers that bears really do crap 'in the woods'".....

Fat & Single
    I've got a couple things in the way that prevent the camera from hearing it .
    Ahhh yeah
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

I dd what you see there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Sorry, even old men. I had to scroll back up to look at the fort.
    Fort?

I just realized there is a bike in the picture!

Fat & Single
    None at all. The bike (Ti Obeast in my signature- below) is as light as i can be. Its the best fun ive ever had on a bike, the tyres are wheels are about 3-5kg heavier than normal wheels.... right where you dont need it as rotating wheel weight. Still way to much fun to go back to a normal bike.

They just roll over everything and traction is unreal.
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

Terrain Sculptor
    ... traction is unreal.
    I'll say!! 2:58 on the second vid.

no dung. just trying not to fall on the slope full o leaves
    fap

Terrain Sculptor
    no dung. just trying not to fall on the slope full o leaves
    All those rocks and you're worried about falling on a pile of leaves.

Atta girl!

"I don't mind if I break my arm but I'm NOT messing up my outfit with leaf slime."

AZ
    banned

Hi-Jack

Please log a vote in my poll, totally bike related. TIA

Pick a color.

banned
    Feb 2012

Atta girl!

"I don't mind if I break my arm but I'm NOT messing up my outfit with leaf slime."
    The leaves are not slimey but still very slippery. Walking in shoes with cleats on slopes covered with leaves is not that much fun.

Terrain Sculptor
    The leaves are not slimey but still very slippery. Walking in shoes with cleats on slopes covered with leaves is not that much fun.
    Leaf surfing? That sounds like fun.

****** to the dirt

Atta girl!

I don't think it was the leaves but what lurks and hides under neath

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    damn turtleheads poking out, biting at your wheel, trying to make you fly like superman.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Nice to see some Aussie terrain for the added variety, thanks Ozzy!

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Fort?

I just realized there is a bike in the picture!
    ... just scrolled up again...

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    8" slugs? Got them on Vancouver Island. You think ridng on wet wood is tough?

Binned
    Nov 2008
    I have a client here in my area who has a retirement home on Quadra Island. You familiar with that one up there?

Ride More, Work Less
    Did anybody else watch this video!

So you like your 179 degree camera eh?

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Interesting. I can see how that would be handy if you wanted to look back on something but it sure does make you dizzy if you play around with it.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0