Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Fishing/ Biking

AAhhhh, back in the OC

I try to venture out and check other sections of the site, as there is a lot of great information out there. But there is a lot of junk, and a lot of stupid stuff too. I keep wandering back here to the OC to find a little humor, just the right amount of riding pics and questions, and some pretty decent people (of which, I am not).

I'm not sure how I first got here, I'm pretty sure someone threw me a link, but thanks. I like it here. I think I might stay awhile...
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike&Fish View Post
    I try to venture out and check other sections of the site, as there is a lot of great information out there. But there is a lot of junk, and a lot of stupid stuff too. I keep wandering back here to the OC to find a little humor, just the right amount of riding pics and questions, and some pretty decent people (of which, I am not).

I'm not sure how I first got here, I'm pretty sure someone threw me a link, but thanks. I like it here. I think I might stay awhile...

You don't remember me throwing you a link. I noticed your thread introducing yourself over in the General Discussion forum. You mentioned your fishing and I immediately picked up on that and linked you to the fishing thread over here. Hoping you would meet some good people interested in the same things as yourself.

And you're right all forums out there even though there is good information can get tiring. Mainly because of all the arguing. Most of the people that are regulars in the OC have been on this sitefor awhile. And after so long seeing and hearing all the same stuff over and over out there it gets to be old. So as escape they ended up over here. Where anything other than bikes can be talked about. And it seems that only the ones that are laid back and have a good sense of humor stick around. I'm glad I was able to rescue you early on and guide you towards your new home.

Jay
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 10-30-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007

fishing link, I started, and DJ dragged your in, felt you were worthy material. Think you fit in just fine.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

Fishing/ Biking
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    You don't remember me throwing you a link. I noticed your thread introducing yourself over in the General Discussion forum. You mentioned your fishing and I immediately picked up on that and linked you to the fishing thread over here. Hoping you would meet some good people interested in the same things as yourself.

And you're right all forums out there even though
    there is good information can get tiring. Mainly
    because of all the arguing. Most of the people that
    are regulars in the OC have been on this site for
    awhile. And after so long seeing and hearing all
    the same stuff over and over out there it gets to be
    old. So as escape they ended up over here. Where
    anything other than bikes can be talked about. And
    it seems that only the ones that are laid back and
    have a good sense of humor stick around. I'm glad I was able to rescue you early on and guide you towards your new home.

Jay
    Thanks for putting me on the right path Jay, and thanks to Boyonadyke and everyone else for letting me stay and play...

I Ride Bikes
    You were once an orphan, then DJ and B-on-a-D came to rescue you

Now...

You have a nice bike!
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

check your six
    I don't like it much outside the O.C. It's nice here..
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

official eMpTyBRain
    Yeah sure DJ, take all the credit. I had some part in this whole thing too, ya know...
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Fishing/ Biking
    Yeah, actually it was Hawg's thread that really hooked me since it was a little fishy. I think it really is just the overall basic vibe here in the OC. Even if you are an idiot, it's much more chill here.

Or slack, like the head angle on my next bike!!!

Front Range, Colorado
    B&F you really are lucky and had an advantage over the rest of us. I rescued you early on and steered you over here. Most everyone else has to endure years of frustration fumbling about from one forum to another. Wondering is there any light at the end of the narrow minded tunnel. Until one sunny day we stumble upon the OC. Some of is have been here since it's induction others have suffered the abovefate. Many come and go and return. Others make their mark and get themselves perma banned. Some find refuge in competitors sites. But in the end I think everyone can only agree on one thing the OC is the light at the end of the tunnel. Sure go out there and explore around learn from others knowledge. Soak up the good and sift through the bad. But one thingyou alway feel secure in. When things get a little too dicey out there you can always find an open door with a welcome mat in the O.C.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 10-30-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

duh
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    I don't like it much outside the O.C. It's nice here..
    Name:  dude.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  6.6 KB

there is actually some thing outside of this OC. I thought it was just a big black hole that tries to suck you in.
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    You guys have reached for a new low.

official eMpTyBRain
    B&F you really are lucky and had an advantage over the rest of us. I rescued you early on and steered you over here. Most everyone else has to endure years of frustration fumbling about from one forum to another. Wondering is there any light at the end of the narrow minded tunnel. Until one sunny day we stumble upon the OC. Some of is have been here since it's induction others have suffered the abovefate. Many come and go and return. Others make their mark and get themselves perma banned. Some find refuge in competitors sites. But in the end I think everyone can only agree on one thing the OC is the light at the end of the tunnel. Sure go out there and explore around learn from others knowledge. Soak up the good and sift through the bad. But one thingyou alway feel secure in. When things get a little too dicey out there you can always find an open door with a welcome mat in the O.C.
    Still trying to take all the credit...

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Still trying to take all the credit...
    Alright wise guy so your going to make me prove it.
    Here's Bike & Fish's first thread on this site. It was over in the General Discussion forum two weeks ago. I was in on it pretty early on and guided him over here through Randy Boys Hook up thread. I knew he scanned that thread he'd quickly realize the OC is where all the fun is. I even posted a link in Randy Boys Hook Up thread linking back to B&F's thread for everyone to go to B&F's thread
    and welcome him aboard. And once B&F started up in Randy's thread that's when you and the whole crew met him.
    New Biker/ First Post/ HEY!
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Front Range, Colorado
    Double post
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

official eMpTyBRain
    Hahahahahaha! I know all of this DJ, just wanted to get you riled up.

You da man!

Front Range, Colorado
    Hahahahahaha! I know all of this DJ, just wanted to get you riled up.

You da man!
    I figured as much, wise ass.
    But in my lengthy absence from my last post I was busy scrolling through RaadyBoys Hook Up thread. Looking for my post linking back to B&F's original thread. And I found it on page 13. It's interesting to read from that point forward.

Hey all here's a new mountain biker who is a serious bass fisherman. Give him a warm welcome to mountain biking.
    New Biker/ First Post/ HEY!
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

official eMpTyBRain
    I figured as much, wise ass.
    But in my lengthy absence from my last post I was busy scrolling through RaadyBoys Hook Up thread. Looking for my post linking back to B&F's original thread. And I found it on page 13. It's interesting to read from that point forward.
    Still, I do take partial credit. I will settle at 49% which gives you 51%. Fair enough for you?

I also lay claim to being among the first (if not the first) to welcoming Tone's here. In this case, I will settle at no less than 51%. Ask him about it if you doubt me.

Fishing/ Biking
    I know it was DJ's link that pulled me over to the OC side of the forum, but I appreciate everyone else for letting me hang out and accepting me... sniff... as I don't have many friends... sniff... and really feel at home here... sniff...

maybe I'm coming down with a cold...

official eMpTyBRain
    Alka-Seltzer Cold formula, a hot bath, and keep bundled up...

Fishing/ Biking
    That sniff will just be until my body gets used to breathing in 50 degree air when I hit the bike this morning.

But on an almost serious note, who the heck named the Randy Boys Thread? I was EXTREMELY hesitant to even click the link to see what it was about. Actually, you guys are lucky I was brave enough to do it.

duh
    Still, I do take partial credit. I will settle at 49% which gives you 51%. Fair enough for you?

I also lay claim to being among the first (if not the first) to welcoming Tone's here. In this case, I will settle at no less than 51%. Ask him about it if you doubt me.
    so it's your fault tone's is here

duh
    That sniff will just be until my body gets used to breathing in 50 degree air when I hit the bike this morning.

But on an almost serious note, who the heck named the Randy Boys Thread? I was EXTREMELY hesitant to even click the link to see what it was about. Actually, you guys are lucky I was brave enough to do it.
    Randy did but I believe he change his name to some thing more apropo.

Ride More, Whine Less
    In the OC, things are not always as the seem. This is nice.

re member

___
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

re member
    Anybody want a new avatar?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

Front Range, Colorado

But on an almost serious note, who the heck named the Randy Boys Thread? I was EXTREMELY hesitant to even click the link to see what it was
    about. Actually, you guys are lucky I was brave
    enough to do it.
    That's hilarious I did the same thing with Randy Boys Hook Up thread. It was probably a couple weeks old and several pages long until I finally
    opened it. "Oh it's a fishing thread" not some boy on boy action thread.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast