Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    workin' it Administrator

19 and counting removed from TLC

Aside from the stupidity of having a show about a baby factory on a channel called "The learning Channel" this whole thing has to be one of the grossest "celebrity" things I have read in a long time.

The only reason that I can possibly think that this family would hide that their son had a problem and not seek treatment for it was that they didn't want to lose their show and that is probably the worst reason for allowing someone to not get treatment for molesting other children. The fact that it was multiple siblings is even worse.

and I thought that other reality star with her child molester boyfriend was bad.

The hell is wrong with this society. I need to ride my bike.
    Try this: HTFU

Front Range, Colorado
    Link please...
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

workin' it Administrator

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Ugh. This is why I dislike reality shows. People suddenly get so attached to the attention and money that they will do anything to keep from losing it.

What's with these family value people with monsters in their closets?

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Ugh. This is why I dislike reality shows. People suddenly get so attached to the attention and money that they will do anything to keep from losing it.

What's with these family value people with monsters in their closets?
    19 kids you have to figure that with that many kids a percentage will be gay and percentage will be mentally unstable. The family values thing has no bearing on this, only the fact that the family kept it hidden and untreated that is the real issue here. They essentially put their success as more important than their children's well being, both the unstable boy and the children he was assaulting. What a mind **** that is.

mischeivous mongrel
    RC, I have an idea.

Go ride your bike.
    Baby Gorns for sale $3799 each. Inquire within.

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    RC, I have an idea.

Go ride your bike.
    1 more hour of working and I will be riding along puget sound through the docks and then up into the hills and home to a cold beer and or a vodka martini with garlic/jalapeno olives. Just to much braining today and one of my conservative "friends" posted something in support of this family on facebook because they were being prosecuted by the liberal media for their religious beliefs and that takes the focus away from the issue. And the issue is this mentally unstable fellow molested his sisters and other children while his wonderful family kept it secret so they could keep milking the reality TV cash cow while pushing out more children for him to abuse. F-ed up in the most egregious way possible.

Front Range, Colorado
    Thanks for the link.

Not surprising at all, actually.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Not surprising at all, actually.
    The sad thing is I read their "deartbreaking situtation" as their heartbreak at having lost such a cheap and easy programming option as this shit reality show and the money it represented for their channel. I am definitely getting more and more cynical regarding popular culture every day.

Moderator Moderator
    Hmmmm, I'd say their show is still better than the Hollywood garbage about sex, cheating, divorce, money drugs, killings....
    "You are saved - seek to be like your Savior." - Charles Spurgeon

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Yes, is their story about hiding a molester in their midst behind police friends, priest and crazy parents?

So, for the people that have never watched this show, are they all their biological children? I'm a little confused about what the show is about?

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Yes, is their story about hiding a molester in their midst behind police friends, priest and crazy parents?

So, for the people that have never watched this show, are they all their biological children? I'm a little confused about what the show is about?
    I'm pretty sure those 19 are biological kids. They're religious freaks like Duck Dynasty with less facial hair. I've never seen the show but there's one incident where one of them aimed for a cat while sledding.

Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    If people didn't watch it, they wouldn't air it. For me that's the sick and scary part. And with having to keep upping the wow factor, don't see how it ends well.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    It appears the Mr. and Mrs. Duggar chose to 'treat' their son on their own versus reporting the abusive incidents to the authorities. God will heal, after all, even if it involves a 14 year old boy behaving inappropriately with little kids including his siblings.

This guy, who is now 27, is a champion for eradicating homosexuality and gay marriage among other things in his current political life. In his eyes, these are evil deeds but abusing children is not so bad. Maybe the gay things isn't repent-able but his deeds are. Go figure.

And while we're at it, please don't tell me that my boring sins (ex. getting a speeding ticket, underage drinking) are equal to those of a murderer or pedophile. There has to be a sliding scale up above that ranks us based on our behavior here on earth versus my willingness to be born again.
    We all belong in the Saturdays of our youth...

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    In his eyes, these are evil deeds but abusing children is not so bad. Maybe the gay things isn't repent-able but his deeds are. Go figure.
    Actually, he admitted that he sinned. He didn't say those sins are not bad. He admitted, asked for forgiveness, and repented.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshevilleMtBiker View Post
    Hmmmm, I'd say their show is still better than the Hollywood garbage about sex, cheating, divorce, money drugs, killings....
    Right, because their show is an example of what to do instead of not what to do.

Honestly, having that many kids screams selfish parent and they are a potential burden on society. Don't they receive money from their church and sponsors to take care of the brood? If you can't afford the kids you have, don't have more. IMO, the world would be better served if they spent some time taking in foster children and giving them a better life than diluting the parent-child experience. They aren't better, just different. I wouldn't tell them they can't do it, but I would certainly not follow suit. Also, I don't watch the show because I don't support their beliefs. That's just my opinion and it may not be yours.

Another odd thing about this is that police report has been ordered destroyed by a judge for the sake of the underage victims who could have been identified in the highly redacted version in the public records. Sounds like a coverup or at the least paving the way to repeat in the future as the past road has been "lost and forgotten".

Finally, he was a 15 year old kid with massive amounts of hormones with no outlet, so he probably doesn't deserve to shunned outright. He probably does deserve some forgiveness since he appears to have acknowledged his wrongdoing, but that forgiveness is not society's to give but the victims.
    No fuss with my MUSS,... or my Rockies
    Yes, I've fffound it!

I didn't do it
    Actually, he admitted that he sinned. He didn't say those sins are not bad. He admitted, asked for forgiveness, and repented.
    And he escaped jail, sounds like a bargain for him.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Retro on Steroids
    That alone makes me want the moron in prison for a looooooong time.

"Repenting" does nothing to erase the terrible memories his victims share. It's just a cheap excuse, can I go now?

Meatbomb
    I don't think they are Mormon.

But he does deserve to be charged with crimes. Why are the officials not stepping in and doing their jobs?

mtbr member
    Forgiveness from whom? His family and the non-relatives he fondled? He's a sad hypocrite and a fraud.
    We all belong in the Saturdays of our youth...

> /dev/null 2&>1
    Wait, so you'd continue to watch a show featuring an admitted (real life) child molester, over a fictional show with any of those things?

Molestation outranks 5 of the 6 things you mentioned, on the immorality scale.

workin' it Administrator
    I still say this has nothing to do with Josh Duggar, he, as other have mentioned, was young and obviously mentally troubled, his parents though and to some extent the cable channel have much to answer for. They hid his issues so that the show wouldn't get cancelled to keep the money flowing so they could have more children. That in and of itself is reprehensible. The fact that his father in his failed bid for senate said that child molesters should get capital punishment just shows exactly how much of a hypocrite this people actually are.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Procter View Post
    Wait, so you'd continue to watch a show featuring an admitted (real life) child molester, over a fictional show with any of those things?

Molestation outranks 5 of the 6 things you mentioned, on the immorality scale.
    I don't watch it. Not my cup of tea. If I was, would I continue, no!. I don't condone what he did. Molestation is disgusting & ugly, as many state. If I'm not wrong, a person that's 16 years old or older is considered a pedophile.

People are yelling that Josh should burn in hell forever for a stupid thing he did at 14 when he was a kid. Would you want your child to go to hell for whatever he did when he was still young? Of course you wouldn't.

My cousin's relative, 11 years old, was kidnapped on July 4th, raped, and killed. The killer is now serving life, and the only reason he avoided the death penalty was because he told the cops where the body was.

So you see, I do not condone pedophelia or molestation. I don't defend his actions. As I said, it's disgusting, ugly, and simply one of the lowest things a person can do. My only thought is that we shouldn't crucify a "14 year old for that."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I don't think they are Mormon.

But he does deserve to be charged with crimes. Why are the officials not stepping in and doing their jobs?
    They are not Mormon, but some type of conservative Baptist. They aren't into short skirts above the ankle or other similar types of sexual display.

The statute of limitations has been exceeded, 3 years is all they get to report and prosecute after the fact. These incidents, which were supposed to be unwanted heavy petting to have occurred on multiple occasions to 4 and 5 year olds while being forcibly retrained by Josh when he was 14-15.
    No fuss with my MUSS,... or my Rockies
    Yes, I've fffound it!

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post

These incidents, which were supposed to be unwanted heavy petting to have occurred on multiple occasions to 4 and 5 year olds while being forcibly retrained by Josh when he was 14-15.
    I don't understand how someone can do that. That's more disturbing than I imagined.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast