Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 215
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,536

    Why meat and dairy is the recipie to great performance and a long life!!

    I thought all the meat eaters could chime in here and we could bash them for a change! Ha ha!

  2. #2
    Clyde on a mission!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    662
    I like a good steak. Bash away..

  3. #3
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,376
    Life without bacon is just not worth living.

    nuff said
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,536

  5. #5
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,998
    No need to bash meat eaters, just gloat in the probability of out living them.

  6. #6
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,376
    Do you have a point?

    I still stand behind my original statement of life without bacon isn't worth living.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Do you have a point?

    I still stand behind my original statement of life without bacon isn't worth living.

    Ya, this thread was done with tongue in cheek. Kind of a response to meat eaters bashing vegetarians or vegans. Eat all the bacon you want if that is what floats your boat (or your coffin)

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MadBlackHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    64
    Vegetarian is just an old Indian word for bad hunter. But seriously what is the stance on wild game with no preservatives in it? If preservatives are the reason you don't eat meat would you be willing to eat moose, bear, etc?

  9. #9
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by richwolf View Post
    Ya, this thread was done with tongue in cheek.
    duh! What do you think my response is done with?

    And my coffin will float on happiness and clouds of bacon.



    Quote Originally Posted by MadBlackHatter View Post
    Vegetarian is just an old Indian word for bad hunter. But seriously what is the stance on wild game with no preservatives in it? If preservatives are the reason you don't eat meat would you be willing to eat moose, bear, etc?
    It depends on who you ask.

    Ask the ones who are against killing animals and it is all bad.

    Ask the ones who do it for diet and you will get varying answers.

    However, you can buy plenty of no hormone, no antibiotics, no preservatives meat in the grocery store.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MadBlackHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    64
    Ya that's the usual answers. I'm with you on life with out bacon though.

  11. #11
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBlackHatter View Post
    Ya that's the usual answers. I'm with you on life with out bacon though.
    No kidding, I feel sorry for all those who deprive themselves of the yummy tasty goodness bacon.

    I don't know what would be worse, having eaten it and now denying yourself of the delicious delicacy or never to have known the extreme pleasure of having the awesomely savory succulent treat passing your lips?
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    120
    I was a vegetarian for almost 7 years. I switched back to omnivorous diet about 10 years ago. Weight fluctuates quite a bit and I haven't had the chance to work out nearly as much as I would like. I began ketogenic diet a few weeks ago. Lots of bacon, milk, eggs , cheese etc. I lost 15 lbs and 5 percent body fat since then. 2 pants sizes. No BS. I feel better and have consistent energy. So based on that I would say that meat and dairy are not a problem

  13. #13
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,376
    I have noticed a lot of information battling when it comes to diets.
    Vegan, vegetarian, paleo, low carb, no carb, ketogenic, etc etc etc.
    Some diets seem to work for some and not fr others.

    1) Could it be that the proper diet depends on the individual?
    2) Could it be that the proper diet also depends on goals and type of sport?

    After all, have you ever known a vegan sumo wrestler?
    Ok, maybe bad example since this is a cycling forum. lol

    But seriously, the reason there is so much controversy in diets is not everyone's bodies are made up the same way. Not to mention all of our goals are not the same.

    Some of us just enjoy eating meat and drinking beer but want to go through life without being fat.

    BTW, I have several customers of mine that are knocking on the door of 100 years of age and I would say over 90% of my customers are seniors (I work in a high retirement community) and I don't know of any of them that are vegetarians let alone vegans.
    My oldest is 98 years old and no signs of dying before 100 and is still on the golf course 2-3 times a week, cuts his rather large yard himself and is fairly active regularly. I know he eats meat and still drinks beer.....could it be that lifestyle and not just diet has more to do with a long healthy life?
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I have noticed a lot of information battling when it comes to diets.
    Vegan, vegetarian, paleo, low carb, no carb, ketogenic, etc etc etc.
    Some diets seem to work for some and not fr others.

    1) Could it be that the proper diet depends on the individual?
    2) Could it be that the proper diet also depends on goals and type of sport?

    After all, have you ever known a vegan sumo wrestler?
    Ok, maybe bad example since this is a cycling forum. lol

    But seriously, the reason there is so much controversy in diets is not everyone's bodies are made up the same way. Not to mention all of our goals are not the same.

    Some of us just enjoy eating meat and drinking beer but want to go through life without being fat.

    BTW, I have several customers of mine that are knocking on the door of 100 years of age and I would say over 90% of my customers are seniors (I work in a high retirement community) and I don't know of any of them that are vegetarians let alone vegans.
    My oldest is 98 years old and no signs of dying before 100 and is still on the golf course 2-3 times a week, cuts his rather large yard himself and is fairly active regularly. I know he eats meat and still drinks beer.....could it be that lifestyle and not just diet has more to do with a long healthy life?
    I totally get it now. We have several horses and everyone of them has a different diet. Some of the deer on our property are even carnivores! But they all seem to be thriving!
    Still if you do the research the longest lived cultures and people eat a predominately plant based diet.
    You can find examples of people who have trashed their bodies, by poor diet, smoking, drinking etc and have had fairly long lives, BUT chances are they would have lived 10 to 20 years longer with fewer problems if they would have taken care of themselves.
    My mom turned 95 and is dong amazingly well. Two of my sisters and myself have had cancer. Food and the environment has changed and I fear not for the better.

  15. #15
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by richwolf View Post
    I totally get it now. We have several horses and everyone of them has a different diet. Some of the deer on our property are even carnivores! But they all seem to be thriving!
    What is your point?
    I have had plenty of snakes throughout the years all of which ate completely carnivores diets. The deer on my property are not carnivores like your (that is actually kind of scary) but the bear are omnivores and all seem to be happy.

    So are you seriously comparing the diets of animals that are designed to eat only plant based diets to humans that are designed to eat an omnivores diet?

    No matter, if I die sooner, I will die happy and hopefully it will be with a strip of bacon in one hand and a beer in the other.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    What is your point?
    I have had plenty of snakes throughout the years all of which ate completely carnivores diets. The deer on my property are not carnivores like your (that is actually kind of scary) but the bear are omnivores and all seem to be happy.

    So are you seriously comparing the diets of animals that are designed to eat only plant based diets to humans that are designed to eat an omnivores diet?

    No matter, if I die sooner, I will die happy and hopefully it will be with a strip of bacon in one hand and a beer in the other.

    I always like when people ask "what is your point??" The point was there in black and white. If I had no point then how could you even respond??
    More food for thought: http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html

  17. #17
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by richwolf View Post
    I always like when people ask "what is your point??" The point was there in black and white. If I had no point then how could you even respond??
    More food for thought: http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html
    No, it wasn't in black and white.

    All you did was throw up giant straw man comparing humans to horses and deer which is just ridiculous.

    So why don't we compare them to carnivorous animals?
    Here are a few lean ones
    Lions, cheetahs, jaguars and leopards.

    And how about a honey badger because like me, he doesn't give a fvck.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,536

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    No, it wasn't in black and white.

    All you did was throw up giant straw man comparing humans to horses and deer which is just ridiculous.

    So why don't we compare them to carnivorous animals?
    Here are a few lean ones
    Lions, cheetahs, jaguars and leopards.

    And how about a honey badger because like me, he doesn't give a fvck.
    Bacon making you grumpy?? I suggest you read the China Study.

  19. #19
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,376
    Yes, bacon makes me very grumpy.....when I don't get it.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Yes, bacon makes me very grumpy.....when I don't get it.
    Ha ha!

  21. #21
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,222
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I have noticed a lot of information battling when it comes to diets.
    Vegan, vegetarian, paleo, low carb, no carb, ketogenic, etc etc etc.
    Some diets seem to work for some and not fr others.

    1) Could it be that the proper diet depends on the individual?
    2) Could it be that the proper diet also depends on goals and type of sport?


    After all, have you ever known a vegan sumo wrestler?
    Ok, maybe bad example since this is a cycling forum. lol

    But seriously, the reason there is so much controversy in diets is not everyone's bodies are made up the same way. Not to mention all of our goals are not the same.

    Some of us just enjoy eating meat and drinking beer but want to go through life without being fat.

    BTW, I have several customers of mine that are knocking on the door of 100 years of age and I would say over 90% of my customers are seniors (I work in a high retirement community) and I don't know of any of them that are vegetarians let alone vegans.
    My oldest is 98 years old and no signs of dying before 100 and is still on the golf course 2-3 times a week, cuts his rather large yard himself and is fairly active regularly. I know he eats meat and still drinks beer.....could it be that lifestyle and not just diet has more to do with a long healthy life?

    Ding ding ding!!!
    We have a winner!

    One of the biggest reasons I entered the Health Coaching program I'm in is the focus on bio-individuality. No one diet can work for everyone.
    That being said, I think most of us on this forum would agree that the typical modern American diet is not helping us as a whole. Far too much poor quality meats and highly processed, chemical- and sugar-laden foods.

    We've switched to a predominantly vegetable-based diet, but pure vegan or vegetarian hasn't worked for either of us. We're very careful about what meat we eat, and it's definitely more of a "side dish" for us now.

    Interesting discovery- Ayurvedic doctors (practitioners of traditional, pre-Hindu Indian medicine,) will often write prescriptions for red meat for certain illnesses related to vitamin and protein deficiencies. Neither here nor there as it doesn't really pertain to most of our circumstances. I just found it interesting.

    Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

    http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by sslos View Post
    Ding ding ding!!!
    We have a winner!

    One of the biggest reasons I entered the Health Coaching program I'm in is the focus on bio-individuality. No one diet can work for everyone.
    That being said, I think most of us on this forum would agree that the typical modern American diet is not helping us as a whole. Far too much poor quality meats and highly processed, chemical- and sugar-laden foods.

    We've switched to a predominantly vegetable-based diet, but pure vegan or vegetarian hasn't worked for either of us. We're very careful about what meat we eat, and it's definitely more of a "side dish" for us now.

    Interesting discovery- Ayurvedic doctors (practitioners of traditional, pre-Hindu Indian medicine,) will often write prescriptions for red meat for certain illnesses related to vitamin and protein deficiencies. Neither here nor there as it doesn't really pertain to most of our circumstances. I just found it interesting.

    Los
    Certainly cutting down on meat (particularly lot raised meat) is good. Most people get way too much protein. In fact drinking too much milk strips the body of calcium, the very thing people drink milk for. Watch "forks over knives" for a more detailed description of how this works.

    Our present western diet is making us sick and fat and causing health care costs to go through the roof. I just wonder what the life expectancy of our children will be??

  23. #23
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,222
    Quote Originally Posted by richwolf View Post
    Certainly cutting down on meat (particularly lot raised meat) is good. Most people get way too much protein. In fact drinking too much milk strips the body of calcium, the very thing people drink milk for. Watch "forks over knives" for a more detailed description of how this works.

    Our present western diet is making us sick and fat and causing health care costs to go through the roof. I just wonder what the life expectancy of our children will be??
    There's soooooo much wrong with the milk most people drink!
    "Forks Over Knives" is good, I enjoyed "Food, Inc," and "Food Matters" as well.

    Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

    http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    No need to bash meat eaters, just gloat in the probability of out living them.
    Please do. The jokes on you. This world is going to **** and you will be stuck in it longer than I will......
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: syl3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by richwolf View Post
    In fact drinking too much milk strips the body of calcium, the very thing people drink milk for. Watch "forks over knives" for a more detailed description of how this works.
    Actually that's total ********.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Long boring story about my personal life…..
    By MYalias in forum Passion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 07:14 PM
  2. OT: Free Meat!
    By Pau11y in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 06:43 AM
  3. Life Passion (a bit long)
    By prsman27 in forum Passion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 10:21 PM
  4. Blur LT/c DU Bushing life, how long?
    By neil853 in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 02:18 PM
  5. Long-life light system for multi-day rides/races
    By perrygeo in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2011, 06:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •