• 12-09-2012
    TiGeo
    What is everyones's favorite bottle cage?
    I have had the basic metal types..always work but not exciting. Went with an Elite Custom cage this time...lasted a month and then broke...worthless. Will return to Performance. Thinking of getting a Specialized Rib Cage or Rib Cage (side loader).
  • 12-09-2012
    theMeat
    That's a no brainer for me, CATEYE | CATEYE : HOME . Just as light as most carbon fiber, does a great job of holding the bottle in place as well as letting it go when you want it, very durable, and cheap too.
  • 12-09-2012
    illnacord
    US designed, made, KING CAGE. The Iris design is copied (but copies are inferior in finish and function).
  • 12-10-2012
    kjlued
    Quote:

Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    That's a no brainer for me, CATEYE | CATEYE : HOME . Just as light as most carbon fiber, does a great job of holding the bottle in place as well as letting it go when you want it, very durable, and cheap too.

Cateye makes 2 different cages
  • 12-10-2012
    theMeat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Cateye makes 2 different cages

Yup, have them both. They're both really light, really indestructible, and really cheap, what's not to like, I mean really.

Think either model is a good choice, we're talking for under 10 bucks, just as light as 50+ dollar carbon ones, and definitely more durable.
    FWIW think the bc 100 holds the bottle better but also doesn't let you have it as easy and is probably a few grams lighter at I'm guessing around 30 grams. I've never had the bottle come out, even crazy tall ones, of the bc 300 except on a crash but it's a bit quicker in and out so I like it better, probably around 35, maybe 40 grams.

Another FWIW, you'll get alot more posts if you ask over in general forum.
  • 12-11-2012
    AZ
    Either Cateye, almost indestructible.
  • 12-11-2012
    Spinning Lizard
    I am a bit of a bike snob. I have Zipp cages on all of my bikes. Broke one last year and Zipp sent me a new one FREE! Also have never lost a bottle with one.
  • 12-11-2012
    jennyv
    King Cage without a doubt. They even have a size that fits a growler;-)

King Cage - Bicycle waterbottle cages handmade in Durango, CO
  • 12-11-2012
    wschruba
    I have Blackburn Slicks on my bike. Lifetime warranty, unbreakable, yadda-yadda.

They are a snug fit, and you can't spread them like metal cages to accommodate non 'bike' bottles.
  • 12-11-2012
    voodoo5
    (When I use one) I use the Cannondale aluminum cage. It's cheap, light, solid, and most importantly doesn't get caught up or kicked around thanks to its curved design.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/I...ll/15172-1.jpg
  • 12-12-2012
    grendalfly
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    I have had the basic metal types..always work but not exciting. Went with an Elite Custom cage this time...lasted a month and then broke...worthless. Will return to Performance. Thinking of getting a Specialized Rib Cage or Rib Cage (side loader).

The Rib Cage hands down is the best at holding on to your bottles, I have them on all 4 of my bikes and have never lost a bottle. Everyone of the guys I rides with uses them and it is about the only thing I will continue to buy from the Big S.

I have the side rib Cage ( Zee cage) on my XC bikes and it works really well, but you have to make sure the bottle is all the way back in the cage.
  • 12-13-2012
    limba
    Blackburn Slicks are 12 bucks, 23 grams, good looking, feel kinda junky but I haven't broken mine yet and never dropped a bottle.

If you want something nice. get the Ti. King cage or carbon Mandible.
  • 12-13-2012
    FLMike
    Quote:

My favorite cage is actually that elite custom cage, ive had mine for more than a year and it has survived numerous races..
  • 12-13-2012
    argibson
    Only one I have ever been able to reliably not lose bottles on chunky stuff is the spesh side loader one.
  • 12-17-2012
    TiGeo
    Went with Specy Rib Cage. Looks indestructible and holds the bottle TIGHT!
  • 12-21-2012
    DennisF
    Velocity - Content Template

30 grams, $5 from an LBS. Very tough, and available in a color to match your bike.
  • 12-21-2012
    zarr
    My favorite cage is (and has been since about 1996) is the now exstinct (I think) Blackburn Bomber Jr. cage. It can hold a one liter bottle...good for the summertime.
    Now I wish I would have got the original Blackburn Bomber cage way back when too.
  • 12-28-2012
    bikeguy0
    I like to support Williams Cycling. These look awesome, are light and aren't too expensive. The owner usually answers the phone when you call.
    http://www.williamscycling.com/asset...cage_large.jpg
  • 12-28-2012
    Live2rideUtah
    Nice suggestions, I'm going to look at a few of these and am in need of a side loader on the Superfly I ride. I have had good luck with the Bontrager RL cages have worked fine for me, never dropped a bottle or broke a cage.
  • 01-08-2013
    Diesel8810
    Ringle?.... From the Era of CNC and Anodizing but I have always and still love these cages.. A little difficult to find these days but they are still out there.. You'll pay anywhere between $25-$100 for one but they are a pretty cool accessory and pretty functional as well..

Pros
    *Relatively light
    *Bottles are held extremely secure (I've never had a bottle come loose on a descent)
    *They come in fancy colors :D

Cons
    *They are a little more difficult to install
    *Over time they will scratch and eventually destroy bottles
    *Price
  • 01-08-2013
    steadite
    Check out Vincero if you have a tight frame with minimal room. Really awesome concept. Otherwise King all the way.

Vincero Design Store
  • 01-08-2013
    SkiNBike
    Quote:

I use the rib cage. It's been holding up for about two seasons now.
  • 01-08-2013
    zarr
  • 01-10-2013
    13pumps
    Spec Carbon