1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/4 teaspoon allspice
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    generous pinch saffron lightly crushed
    2 bay leaves
    1 3- inch cinnamon stick
    3 cups cooked chickpeas or 2 cans, drained and rinsed
    8 cups vegetable broth or water plus bouillon
    1 large bunch kale at least 8 cups, thick center ribs removed discarded, leaves chopped
    about 2 cups water
    salt to taste

Instructions

Heat a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add the onion and carrot and cook over medium-high heat until the onion begins to brown (about 5 minutes). Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the spices, including bay leaves and cinnamon stick, and cook, stirring, for another minute. Add the chickpeas and stir to coat them with the spices. Pour in the 8 cups of vegetable stock, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.
    Add the chopped kale and stir. If necessary add water to cover the kale and cook until it is tender, about 10-25 minutes, depending on how cooked you like your kale. Check frequently to see if it is becoming dry and add water as needed. Add salt to taste and serve.

Recipe Notes
    For a delicious one-pot meal, add a half cup of uncooked quinoa with the vegetable stock.

Amount Per Serving (1 serving)

Calories 199 Calories from Fat 27
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 3g 5%
    Sodium 54mg 2%
    Total Carbohydrates 36g 12%
    Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
    Protein 11g 22%
    sauce: North African Chickpea and Kale Soup | Recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Miso Noodle Soup | Serves: 4 | Time: 30 mins

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-noodle-soup-3.jpg

You'll need:
    Large saucepan
    Griddle pan
    Small frying pan
    Chopping board
    Knife
    Measuring cups and spoons
    Baking tray + grease-proof paper
    Small bowl

Broth
    1.5 tbsp miso paste
    3 tbsp dark soy sauce
    1/4 cup dried mushrooms
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1.5 tsp onion powder
    1/4tsp chili flakes
    1/4 tsp ginger powder
    2L hot water
    2 spring onions, sliced thinly
    2 sheets nori, cut into thin strips
    200g dried rice vermicelli noodles
    Miso Pak Choi
    1/2 tsp miso paste
    1 tsp sesame oil
    1/2 tsp sugar
    splash water
    2 Pak Choi

Tofu
    1 block tofu
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion power
    1 tsp smoked paprika
    1/2 tsp mild chili powder
    Salt

Veg
    1 cup bean sprouts
    1/4 cup cashews
    1 carrot

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper. Slice the tofu into 2cm cubes, season with garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, chili powder and a pinch of salt. Mix well, so the pieces are evenly coated and bake for 20 minutes.

Next combine the miso, soy sauce, dried mushrooms, onion, garlic and ginger powder, chili flakes, nori, spring onions and hot water in a large saucepan, mix well and put to one side.

Slice a carrot into matchstick pieces, then toast the cashew nuts in a dry pan and put to one side.

Mix the miso paste, sesame oil, sugar and a splash of water in a bowl. Slice the pack choi into quarters, then coat in the miso mix and place on the griddle pan until slightly charred.

Add the noodles to the broth, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes until the noodles are tender.

Dish out the noodles into bowls and layer up with the veg, tofu and cashews, then ladle the broth into the bowls, serve up and enjoy!
    Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-noodle-soup-5.jpg

Sauce: Miso Noodle Soup |Euphoric Vegan
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Chana Chaat. Saturday lunch at Hello 123 all-vegan restaurant

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-23380376_2012940598950381_3693065682693073328_n.jpg

Brown rice, roasted cauliflower, chickpea chana, coconut raita, green and red chutneys, cucumber, carrot, cabbage, onion and crushed seeds.

I loved the texture of the crunchy cauliflower
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-23380172_10159810358095556_2883434294529329884_n.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    The Best Vegan Green Bean Casserole

Name:  green-bean-cass2.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  53.9 KB

Ingredients

Beans
    2 quarts water
    1 tablespoon table salt
    1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces or 2 12-ounce packages frozen cut green beans

Sauce
    10 ounces mushrooms (I used a combination of regular button mushrooms and shiitake)
    3 cloves garlic minced
    generous pinch cayenne pepper (had to add it for the New Orleanians)
    Salt to taste
    Fresh pepper to taste
    2 tablespoons flour
    3/4 cup vegetable broth (I used Imagine's No-Chicken)
    1 tablespoon dry sherry (Alanna's brilliant addition)
    3/4 cup soy creamer or try unsweetened soymilk

Topping (see alternate oil-free topping in Notes)
    1 1/2 slices whole grain bread
    1 tablespoon vegan margarine optional, but topping holds together better with it
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/16 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 3- ounce can of French fried onions

Name:  green-bean-cass.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  49.1 KB
    Instructions
    Beans: Bring the water to boil in a large pot. While it’s heating, cut up the beans. Add the salt and beans to the boiling water. Cover and cook for 6 minutes. Drain beans in a colander, and then spray for a minute with cold water to stop the cooking. Let them drain in the colander, shaking every now and then to get off all the water.

Sauce: Trim and discard the mushroom stems and chop the mushrooms into pieces. Spray a non-stick pan with canola oil and heat it. Add the mushrooms, garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are very soft and exude their juices. Whisk the flour into the vegetable broth and add to the mushrooms along with the sherry. Simmer, stirring, until mixture thickens. Add the soy creamer and simmer until thick, about 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust the seasonings and stir in the beans.

Topping: Put the bread, margarine, salt, and pepper into a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Pour into a bowl and add the onions. Stir to combine.

To assemble: Put the green beans into an oiled casserole dish and top with the onion mixture. Bake at 425 F for about 15 minutes. If you are not serving this right away, refrigerate the topping separately; bring to room temperature before sprinkling the topping on the casserole and baking for about 20 minutes or until hot throughout.

sauce The Best Vegan Green Bean Casserole | Recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Happy Hump day

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-23722247_991644560982964_2541699968015854081_n.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegan Cabbage Rolls

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegan Chili

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-img_2344.jpg

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 20 minutes
    Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 12 ladles of chili, or 6 servings
    Serving Size: 2 ladles
    Calories per serving: 300
    Fat per serving: 1.7g

Ingredients

(1) 15oz can Kidney beans, drained and rinsed (if you like a chunkier chili, use 2 cans here)
    (1) 15oz can Black beans, drained and rinsed
    (1) 15oz can Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
    1 cup frozen corn
    1 red bell pepper, diced
    1 green bell pepper, diced
    1 red onion, diced
    1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
    1 cup vegetable broth
    5 garlic cloves, minced
    1 heaping tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp coriander
    1 tsp Ghirardelli cocoa powder (unsweetened)
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp (or a bit less) cayenne pepper
    A couple splashes of soy sauce
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp smoked paprika
    1/2 tsp regular paprika

Optional toppings: shredded vegan cheddar cheese, green onions, diced tomatoes, Soy Yogurt (vegan Sour Cream), tortilla chips
    Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-img_2315.jpg

Instructions

Chop the garlic, onion, and bell peppers. Saute lightly over medium high heat in 1-2 tsp olive oil. Meanwhile, wash the beans until all of the canning liquid is gone.
    Once the veggies have sauteed for about 5 minutes, add everything else into the pot (tomatoes, beans, spices, etc.). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 min or longer as needed.
    Once the chili is done cooking, you can top it with anything you like: 1 Tbsp vegan cheese, vegan sour cream or vegan yogurt, diced tomatoes, green onions, or tortilla chips.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-img_2346.jpg

sauce: https://www.pickyeaterblog.com/the-b...an-chili-ever/
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Curried Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Soup

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-curried-cauliflower-sweet-potato-680.jpg

Ingredients

1 large onion peeled and chopped
    1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
    1 tablespoon ginger paste or minced ginger root
    1 small chile pepper such as jalapeño or serrano, seeded and minced
    3 cloves garlic minced
    4 cups vegetable broth or water plus bouillon cubes
    1 pound sweet potatoes about 1 large, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
    1 tablespoon mild curry powder divided
    1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 large head cauliflower separated into bite-sized flowerets
    1 15-ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
    1 15- ounce can diced tomatoes
    2-4 cups water
    1 teaspoon salt or to taste
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
    1 tablespoon natural peanut butter

Instructions
    Heat a large non-stick pot (4 quarts or larger). Add the onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, about 3-4 minutes.

Add the cumin seeds, ginger, chile pepper, and garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, for another 30 seconds.

Stir in the broth, sweet potatoes, 1 teaspoon of the curry powder, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook over low heat until sweet potato softens, about 20 minutes.

Add the cauliflower, chickpeas, and tomatoes to the pot. Add just enough water to almost cover the cauliflower, probably about 3 cups. Stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons of curry powder, and add salt and cayenne pepper (more if you like things hot, less or none at all if you prefer it not spicy). Cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 15-20 minutes. Stir in the peanut butter and serve hot.
    Curried Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Cycologist
    ^ Looks pretty similar to what I had for dinner tonight, except my wife used regular potatoes and I think she bought the curry from a Japanese store. And we eat it over brown rice.

I need to try that chili recipe. That's one of those things I can make on the weekend and then eat it for lunch at work all week long.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

9 lives
    This article is news you can use, served two ways: For one thing, it teaches you how to actually brown onions. And for another, it teaches you that you have been gaslit and that you are probably not as bad of a cook as you might think. That’s service journalism at its finest. —Susan Matthews

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-120502_scocca_caramelizingonions.jpg.crop.promo-xlarge2.jpg

Layers of Deceit
    Why do recipe writers lie and lie and lie about how long it takes to caramelize onions?

Browning onions is a matter of patience. My own patience ran out earlier this year while leafing through the New York Times food section. There, in the newspaper of record, was a recipe for savory scones with onions, currants, and caraway. Though I wasn't particularly interested in making savory scones, one passage caught my eye:

Add the onions to the skillet and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook until they begin to turn dark brown and somewhat soft, about 5 minutes. Add the oil and a pinch of the fine sea salt; continue cooking until the onions are soft and caramelized, about 5 minutes longer.

Soft, dark brown onions in five minutes. That is a lie. Fully caramelized onions in five minutes more. Also a lie.
    There is no other word for it. Onions do not caramelize in five or 10 minutes. They never have, they never will—yet recipe writers have never stopped pretending that they will. I went on Twitter and said so, rudely, using CAPS LOCK. A chorus of frustrated cooks responded in kind ("That's on some bullshit. You want caramelized onions? Stir for 45 minutes").

As long as I've been cooking, I've been reading various versions of this lie, over and over. Here's Madhur Jaffrey, from her otherwise reliable Indian Cooking, explaining how to do the onions for rogan josh: "Stir and fry for about 5 minutes or until the onions turn a medium-brown colour." The Boston Globe, on preparing pearl onions for coq au vin: "Add the onions and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until golden." The Washington Post, on potato-green bean soup: "Add the onion and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown."

If you added all those cooking times together end to end, you still wouldn't have caramelized onions. Here, telling the truth about how to prepare onions for French onion soup, is Julia Child: "[C]ook slowly until tender and translucent, about 10 minutes. Blend in the salt and sugar, raise heat to moderately high, and let the onions brown, stirring frequently until they are a dark walnut color, 25 to 30 minutes." Ten minutes plus 25 to 30 minutes equals 35 to 40 minutes. That is how long it takes to caramelize onions.

Telling the truth about caramelized onions would turn a lot of dinner-in-half-an-hour recipes into dinner-in-a-little-over-an-hour recipes. I emailed Sam Sifton, the Times food critic turned national editor, to ask if the Recipe Writing Guild had some secret agreement to print false estimates of onion-cooking time. He wrote back: "I can reveal that onion caramelization takes longer than the Guild believes. But it need not take as long as you believe it to take! You can speed it up with butter, so long as you are careful not to burn."

Could onions be browned, at all, in 10 minutes? I embarked on a quest to find out. Someone on Twitter had suggested things would go faster with sweet onions. This seemed a little like pepping up a bread pudding recipe by treating sliced pound cake as a kind of bread. But I bought a Tampico sweet onion, chopped half of it into tiny bits—only half, so as not to crowd the pan—and turned my biggest burner as high as it would go. Butter seemed a little risky at that temperature, so I went with olive oil, in a cheap, lightweight nonstick skillet. In five minutes, a few flecks of brown had appeared among the otherwise raw-looking onion bits. After eight minutes, some of the onion had begun to take on the scorched aspect of the unfortunate onions stuck to bagels. At the 10-minute mark, the brown flecks had turned black, in a mince that was a mix of brown and still-pale bits. The onion was done cooking—that is, it was beginning to be ruined—but it was not very well caramelized. At 11 minutes, I scraped an inedible mess out of the pan.

But the onion lies had not yet been fully refuted. Melissa Clark, the author of the Times' scone recipe, claimed in a Diner's Journal post that she relies on "a somewhat unusual technique," one that "takes less than half the time of the traditional slow-cooked method of caramelization and makes for sweeter, more intensely flavored onions with a complex, chewy texture." The secret, she writes, is starting the onions in a dry pan, and adding the oil later.

Note that half the time of the traditional method is still 20 minutes, not 10. Nevertheless, I decided to follow her instructions to the letter. I used a red onion, as Clark specified, "halved through the root and thinly sliced crosswise." I started slicing it paper-thin. Not good enough? I got out the knife sharpener and touched up the edge on the cleaver. Now it was tissue-paper thin. I heated the pan—dry—over a generously medium-high flame, then added the onions.

After five minutes—when according to Clark, it would "begin to turn dark brown and somewhat soft"—the onion was resolutely white and pink, and only slightly translucent. I added the oil: one tablespoon, extra-virgin. The white parts turned the color of extra-virgin olive oil.

At 10 minutes, when it was supposed to be done, the onion was translucent and soft, with only a tinge of gold. Soon after, one golden speck appeared. By 15 minutes, the onion was even softer and more golden. At 20 minutes, there were deep brown patches, and I was afraid they would scorch while I set down my spatula to take notes. At 24 minutes, the risk of scorching forced me to lower the heat to medium. By 25 minutes, they were pretty well caramelized, and at 28 minutes they were as done as I'd want.

So Clark was only off by 180 percent on the cooking time. You can save 12 minutes off caramelizing onions, provided you pin yourself to the stove.

That is the deeper problem with all the deceit around the question of caramelized onions. The premise is wrong. The faster you try to do it, the more you waste your time. This isn't some kitchen koan. It's a practical fact. The 10-minute-***-28-minute caramelized onion is all labor and anxiety. Give yourself 45 or 50 minutes to brown onions, working slowly on a moderate flame, and it's an untaxing background activity. You can chop other vegetables, wash some pots, duck out to have a look at the ballgame on TV in the next room. Keep half an eye on the pan. It will only need close tending toward the end.

Recipe writers approach kitchen time with a stopwatch. The Times' scone recipe, as written, claimed to take 45 minutes. Once you subtract out the (fictitiously shortened) onion-cooking time, the one-minute caraway-seed-toasting time, the 15-to-17 minute baking time, and the 10-minute cooling time, that leaves the cook seven to nine minutes in the middle to mix the dough (including grating frozen butter into it), shape it, cut it into scones, and lay the scones out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Oh, and somewhere in there, the onions needed to "cool completely." Isn't home baking soothing?

In truth, the best time to caramelize onions is yesterday. Often enough, you need to have them ready before you can start on the rest of the dish. Thus the recipe-writers' impulse to deceive. Browning onions is slow work, and it comes first. So get a pan going after dinner, and they'll be ready when you need them. Or throw the onions in a crock pot and go to bed. In recipe time, that's hours and hours. In your time, the time that matters, it's less than five minutes.
    sauce How to cook onions: Why recipe writers lie and lie about how long they take to caramelize.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Pumpkin Spice Bread

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-pumpkin-spice-bread-large.jpg

Ingredients

Wet ingredients:
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar packed
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    1/2 cup apple sauce (you can use half canola oil if you want)
    1/2 cup water
    1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Replacer mixed well with 4 tablespoons water

Dry ingredients:
    1 2/3 cups unbleached white flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    3/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
    1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/4-1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil 1 regular sized loaf pan or 4 small ( approximately 3 1/2 X 5 1/2-inch) loaf pans or a dozen muffin cups. (Or use silicon pans or cups.)
    Combine the wet ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and blend well. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the liquid mixture to the dry, and stir well. Stir in the nuts, if desired. Pour the batter into the pan(s) and place on the center rack of oven. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean–about 15 minutes for muffins, 35 minutes for small loaf pans, and 60-70 minutes for one large loaf. Allow to cool before removing from pan. Makes 8 servings.

Pumpkin Spice Bread | Recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    THAI SPICY NOODLE SOUP

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-25398717_1930271903667567_7911307120419445600_n.jpg

Prep Time
    5 mins
    Cook Time
    10 mins
    Total Time
    15 mins

This easy Thai Spicy Noodle Soup recipe is quick, hearty and infused with fragrant Thai flavors. A soul-warming noodle soup that is vegan, gluten-free and requires only 15 minutes to make!

Recipe Type: Main
    Yield: 4 servings
    Calories: 475 kcal
    Author: Everyday Easy Eats

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
    2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
    4 cups vegetable broth
    1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon lime juice
    8 ounces rice noodles

Optional garnishes: Fresh cilantro, green onions, crushed peanuts and red chilies
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    If you are cooking for a large group ie 8 or more... this looks like a perfect recipe

Vegan Lasagna

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-1489669409481-vegan-lasagna.jpg

Servings: 8
    Prep: 32 minutes
    Total: 2 hours

for the sauce:

6 tablespoons|90 ml organic olive oil
    2 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
    3/4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
    1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
    1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
    ¼ teaspoon coriander
    ¼ teaspoon fenugreek
    ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
    1 dried chilies
    2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
    5 cups|1200 ml pasta sauce
    1/3 cup|87 grams organic tomato paste
    2 tablespoons|30 ml organic blackstrap molasses
    1 1/2 teaspoons Italian herb blend
    1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt

for the lasagna:

Earth Balance butter, for greasing
    olive oil, for greasing
    1/4 cup|53 grams coconut oil
    freshly ground black pepper, to taste
    1 (11-ounce|312 gram) bag beyond beef crumbles
    8 ounces|225 grams kite hill ricotta
    2 (8-ounce|227 grams) bags daiya mozzarella shreds
    1 head broccoli
    1 large yellow zucchini
    1 (1-pound|453 grams) boxes organic lasagna
    1 bunch organic spinach , roughly chopped

Directions

1. Make the sauce: In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium. Add the mustard seeds, turmeric, asafoetida, coriander, fenugreek, cumin, and chilies and cook, stirring, until the mustard seeds begin to pop and the spices are fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add in the tomatoes and cook, stirring, until soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce, paste, and add your tomatoes and cook, stirring until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Then add your tomato sauce, tomato paste and salt. Stir in the pasta sauce, tomato paste, molasses, Italian herbs, and salt and cook an additional 30 minutes.

2. Make the lasagna: Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dishes with butter and oil and set aside.

3. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the beef crumbles and cook until "browned," about 10 minutes. Season with black pepper, transfer to a large bowl, and set aside to cool.

4. Once the "meat" has cooled, stir in the ricotta and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella shreds. Set the meat and ricotta mixture aside.

5. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Cook the broccoli and the zucchini until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and transfer the vegetables to an ice bath to cool. Drain again, then transfer to a large bowl or your cutting board and lightly mash or chop the vegetables roughly.

6. Meanwhile, run the lasagna under water, just to remove excess starch. You want to cook the lasagna in the sauce with the vegetables so it absorbs all that flavor.

7. Heat the oven to 350°F|180°C. Layer the bottom of the prepared pan with a few sheets of lasagna. Top with 1/3 of the "meat" mixture and spread into an even layer, pressing it onto the pasta. Spread about 1 1/2 cups|375 ml pasta sauce over the "meat", then top with 1/3 of the vegetables and 1/3 of the spinach. Top with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and another 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce. Top with another layer of the pasta and repeat layering for 2 more layers. End with a fourth layer of pasta and top with the remaining sauce. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 15 minutes. Cool slightly, then serve immediately.

sauce: https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/arti...ource=vicefbus
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegan Mushroom Gravy

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-mushroom-gravy-1.jpg

Prep Time 5 minutes
    Cook Time 25 minutes
    Total Time 30 minutes
    Servings 6
    Calories 31 kcal

Ingredients

1/2 large onion minced
    10 regular-sized or 6 large mushrooms sliced or chopped
    2 cloves garlic minced
    2 cups vegetable broth
    1/– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary optional, crushed
    1/4 -1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
    1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
    1 teaspoon sherry optional
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    2 tablespoons unbleached flour
    1/4 cup plain non-dairy milk
    salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-mushroom-gravy-2.jpg

Instructions

In a medium-sized non-stick saucepan, saute the onion until beginning to brown, about 5-10 minutes (adding a pinch of baking soda speeds things up). Add the mushrooms and 1 tablespoon of water, and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring, for another minute.

Add the vegetable broth, herbs, nutritional yeast, sherry, and soy sauce. In a bowl, whisk or blend (with a hand blender) the “milk” and flour together until smooth. Add it to the saucepan and stir well. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegan Holiday dinner ideas.

I've had the roasted root veggies and Brussels sprouts. I like roasted mushroom wellington too. These all look very good

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Christmas Morning Cinnamon Buns

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-vegnews.christmasmorningbuns.jpg

Serves 36

What You Need:
    For the dough:
    1½ cups warm water 2 tablespoons yeast
    1 cup sugar
    2¼ cups soy or rice milk
    ¾ cup vegan butter
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    11 cups all-purpose flour
    1 tablespoon salt

For the cinnamon streusel:
    2½ cups vegan butter
    1 cup sucanat**
    3½ cups cane sugar
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    2 cups walnuts, chopped

For the creamy glaze:
    4 cups confectioners sugar
    1 cup non-dairy milk
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract

What You Do:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. For the dough, into a small bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar. Proof for approximately 10 minutes, or until yeast is activated (foamy). Combine milk, butter, and vanilla with the yeast mixture.

3. Into a separate large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add yeast mixture to the flour mixture, combining with your hands to create a dough that pulls away from the sides. Knead dough approximately 10 minutes to form a soft, smooth ball.

4. Into a lightly oiled large bowl, transfer dough. Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled in size (approximately 45 minutes).

5. Punch down dough and let it rise one more time (approximately 75 minutes) in a warm kitchen.

6. For the streusel, into a food processor, combine butter, sucanat, sugar, vanilla, and walnuts until smooth. Place in refrigerator to chill.

7. Cut dough in half and roll each half to ¼-inch-thick rectangles. Spread half the streusel mixture over dough. Roll dough into cylinder. Repeat process with second dough.

8. Cut rolled dough into 2-inch rounds, pinch edges closed, arrange on two large sheet trays with parchment paper, and cover with towels. Let dough rise for 20 minutes.

9. Bake for 25 minutes, rotating pans after 10 minutes, and then bake for another 15 minutes or until firm to the touch and golden.

10. For the glaze, while the rolls are in the oven, into a small bowl, slowly whisk together 1 cup at a time the confectioners sugar with the non-dairy milk and vanilla, until it has the consistency of cake batter.

11. Drizzle buns with the glaze and serve warm.

** sucanat = whole cane sugar

Name:  220px-Sucanat.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  22.3 KB
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Shiitake pho with crispy leeks

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-1772.jpg

4 tbsp rapeseed oil, plus extra for frying the leeks
    4 banana shallots, thinly sliced
    2 inches ginger, peeled and grated
    1 star anise
    3 cloves
    1 cinnamon stick
    2 leeks, 1 finely sliced, the other cut in half and then into long, thin strips
    2 bird’s- eye chillies, very finely chopped
    375g fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
    1 tbsp soy sauce
    6 spring onions, very finely sliced
    2 litres vegan vegetable stock
    200g flat rice noodles
    1 big handful fresh coriander, shredded
    1 lime, quartered

In a large pot (three litres or bigger), heat the oil on a medium flame, then fry the shallots for five minutes. Stir in the ginger, star anise, cloves and cinnamon, and fry for five minutes more, until the mix starts to blacken and turn sticky (this will add great flavour). Add the sliced leek, chillies and mushrooms, and stir-fry for eight to 10 minutes, until softened and cooked down, then add the soy sauce, half the spring onions and the stock. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat to a whisper and leave to simmer. Check for seasoning: it may well need salt.

Meanwhile, fry the shredded leek. Pour enough oil into a frying pan to come 1cm up the sides, then heat on a medium flame until very hot. Fry the leek in batches, until crisp and golden, then use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain while you fry the rest.

Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions and drain.

To serve, distribute the noodles between four bowls, ladle the broth on top, making sure everyone gets a good helping of the vegetables, then scatter with coriander, the crisp leeks, spring onions and a squeeze of lime.

Sauce: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...up-meera-sodha
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    NO-BAKE CEREAL BARS

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-no-bake-cereal-bar-pieces-800x1200.jpg

INGREDIENTS

240 ml / 1 cup smooth almond butter*, or any smooth nut butter or tahini
    90 ml / 6 tbsp maple syrup
    ½ tsp fine sea salt (optional)
    2-3 cups rolled (or quick) oats
    ¼ cup raw buckwheat groats
    2 tbsp unsweetened dried cranberries
    2 tbsp pumpkin seeds

METHOD

Place almond butter, maple syrup and salt (if using) in a large bowl. Stir well (I used a wire whisk) until you obtain a uniform mixture.

Add oats and raw buckwheat and mix them all in. You can use a wooden spoon, initially, but once the mixture becomes thick it’s best to use your hands.

Add cranberries and pumpkin seeds, reserving a few for decoration. Knead the mixture until everything is well incorporated. The mixture should be quite crumbly and dry – a bit like shortbread dough – by the time you are done adding things, but it should still bond easily once you exert some pressure on it.

Line a rectangular container or a baking tray with a piece of baking paper so that the bar is easier to remove. I recommend a container with a lid so that it keeps fridge smells out.

Spread the ‘dough’ in the paper lined container. Sprinkle a few cranberries and pumpkin seeds on top of the mixture and press the mixture down really well so that there are no gaps / air pockets and the bars hold together well. Use a piece of baking paper with a flat-bottomed glass on top to be able to pack the mixture better. Pop the container into the freezer for about 2 hours to set.

Remove from the freezer. If the mixture is very frozen, allow it to thaw for a minute or two before you start cutting into it. Cut into equal size pieces with a sharp knife (a serrated knife works best).

Store the bars in the freezer in an airtight container.

NOTES
    *It's recommend roasted almond butter for a richer flavour. To make your own at home, you’ll need about 450 g / 3 cups of almonds.

sauce: https://www.lazycatkitchen.com/no-bake-cereal-bars/
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Quinoa with Roasted Radishes and Pearl Onions

When you roast radishes, they soften, become slightly sweet, and lose their spicy bite

Name:  quinoa-radishes-2.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  56.8 KB

Ingredients

6-8 ounces pearl onions
    pure olive oil spray (optional)
    12-16 ounces radishes (weighed without greens)
    1 head garlic
    salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
    1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
    1 cup quinoa
    2 cups vegetable broth
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    freshly ground pepper
    chopped parsley , to garnish

Instructions
    Place the onions in a bowl and cover them with boiling water. Allow them to sit for 5 minutes; drain. Slice off the tops and peel.

Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking pan with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Remove the tops of the radishes (save, if they’re fresh) and trim off the tails. Slice any larger radishes in half, keep the smaller ones whole, and place them all in the baking pan. Add the prepared pearl onions. Spray lightly (1 second) with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. (The tiny amount of oil prevents the radishes from drying out; you can skip it, but your results might not be as good.)

Peel off the very outermost layers of the garlic. Use a sharp knife to cut about 1/2-inch off the top of the bulb, exposing the tops of the cloves. Wrap in aluminum foil, and place it in a corner of the baking pan. Put the pan in the oven and roast, stirring every 10 minutes, until a fork easily pierces a radish, about 30 minutes. Remove the garlic and set aside to cool. Toss radishes and onions with 1 teaspoon of vinegar and set aside until quinoa is done.

While the vegetables are roasting, rinse the quinoa well. Place it in a medium-sized sauce pan and add the vegetable broth, oregano, and freshly ground pepper to taste. If you like, chop a handful or two of the radish greens (well washed) and add them to the pan. Bring to a boil, cover tightly, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until all water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.

When both quinoa and vegetables are done, add the vegetables to the quinoa. Squeeze as many as you like of the cloves from the garlic and mash them lightly. Add the garlic to the quinoa along with salt, pepper, and additional vinegar to taste. Serve warm, garnished with chopped parsley.

Servings 6
    Calories 142 kcal
    Total Fat 2.1g 3%
    Sodium 243.2mg 10%
    Total Carbohydrates 26g 9%
    Dietary Fiber 3.6g 14%
    Sugars 1.2g
    Protein 5.6g 11%

sauce:Quinoa with Roasted Radishes and Pearl Onions | Recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-27067178_1626642304096092_2469811281781384947_n.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegan Lasagna

Ingredients
    for 5 servings

TOFU RICOTTA

28 oz tofu
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
    ¼ cup basil
    3 cloves garlic
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1 teaspoon salt

MEAT CRUMBLE

2 cups walnut
    3 cloves garlic
    2 tablespoons oil
    1 teaspoon liquid smoke
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 teaspoon smoked paprika
    1 teaspoon oregano
    1 teaspoon rosemary
    1 teaspoon pepper
    2 lb cremini mushroom
    1 onion, diced

LASAGNA BASE

1 jar tomato sauce
    1 box lasagna noodle

Preparation

Preheat oven to 375º F (190º C).

In a food processor combine tofu, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper, blend until smooth, then set aside and rinse out food processor.

In the food processor combine walnuts, garlic, oil, liquid smoke, soy sauce, smoked paprika, oregano, rosemary, and pepper, blend until well mixed, then set aside and rinse out food processor.

In the food processor chop up mushrooms so that they are in small chunks.

In a large pan cook mushrooms so that liquid is released and evaporated, about 6-8 minutes. Clear out a circle in the middle, add onion and oil, sautè onion until translucent, add walnut mixture and mix well.

In a large sauce pan cook lasagna noodles for half of time required.

In a 9”x9” lasagna pan add 2 cups of red sauce to cover the bottom, then layer 4 half-cooked lasagna noodles, then spread ricotta mixture over top, followed by “meat” mixture, and then more red sauce. Repeat until finished. Cover with Aluminum foil.

Bake in oven for 25 minutes, remove aluminum foil and bake for 5 more minutes.
    Allow to cool about 10-15 minutes then cut into ninths, serve.

Enjoy!

sauce (includes video) https://tasty.co/recipe/vegan-lasagna
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegan Lebanese Tabbouleh

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-vegnews.lebanesetabbouleh2.jpg

Serves 4

What You Need:
    ⅓ cup bulgur wheat
    2 tomatoes, finely chopped
    2 cups boiling water
    1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
    1 bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
    1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
    3 tablespoons lemon juice
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    ¼ teaspoon pepper

What You Do:

1. Cook the bulgur according to the package instructions.

2. Make a small cross at the base of each tomato, place them into a separate bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 seconds, then drain away the water.

3. When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and discard the skins. Cut the tomatoes into quarters, discard the seeds, and dice the flesh. Transfer the diced tomatoes to a serving bowl.

4. Add the parsley, mint, and onion to the tomatoes, and mix until combined.

5. Fluff the cooked bulgur with a fork until the grains are separated. Add it to the tomato mixture.

6. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to coat the ingredients with the liquid.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    The Ultimate Meat-Free, Nutrient-Rich Power Bowl

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-ultimate-meat-free-nutrient-rich-power-bowl-header.jpg

Ingredients
    2 cup sweet potato, cut into cubes
    2½ cup head cauliflower, chopped
    1½ cup beets, cut into cubes
    2 cup Brussels sprouts, halved
    4 tbsp coconut oil
    2 tsp salt
    1 tsp, ground black pepper
    1½ tsp rosemary
    8 cup salad greens
    4 tbsp cashews, chopped

Directions
    Prep: 30 min.
    Cook: 25 min.
    Total: 55 min.
    Prep ingredients ahead of time, if possible.
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, arranging one rack in the middle and one rack at the bottom.
    Grease two 9x13 baking dishes and set aside.
    Place sweet potatoes and cauliflower in one baking dish, and Brussels sprouts and beets in the other. Drizzle vegetables with melted coconut oil, and season with sea salt, black pepper, and fresh herbs. Situate baking dishes on different racks (one in the middle and one on the bottom) in oven and bake for 25 minutes. Use a spatula to move veggies around halfway through baking.
    While veggies bake, divide salad mix into four salad bowls. Use your hands to gently massage salad mix to ensure vinaigrette coats all leaves evenly. Set aside.
    Remove veggies from oven and let cool slightly.
    Add roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and beets to each salad bowl, decorate with sliced oranges, and garnish with a sprinkle of chopped cashews. Enjoy!

334 cal
    32g carbs
    8g protein
    19g fat
    serves 4

sauce: https://www.bodybuilding.com/recipes...ich-power-bowl
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-27336236_875582135944953_8388608452664843945_n.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Banana-Maple Oatmeal Cookies

Name:  banana-oatmeal-cookies1.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  43.0 KB

Ingredients

1 teaspoon ground chia seeds or 2 tsp. egg replacer powder or 2 tsp. ground flaxseed
    2 tablespoons water
    1 cup regular or quick oats
    1 cup white whole wheat flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 cup raisins
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 cup maple syrup
    1 banana , mashed
    1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375F.
    In a small mixing bowl, combine the chia seeds (or egg replacer or flaxseed) with the water and set aside until thickened (no waiting is necessary if packaged egg replacer is used.)
    Mix the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Add the raisins.
    Add the maple syrup, vanilla, mashed banana, and lemon juice to the chia/flax/egg replacer mixture and combine well. Pour into the dry mixture and stir well but don’t overmix.
    Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Flatten each cookie slightly with a fork. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until bottoms and sides are lightly brown. Cool for a few minutes on a wire rack before serving
    Prep Time 15 minutes
    Cook Time 12 minutes
    Total Time 27 minutes
    Servings 18
    Calories 78
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    PALEO COCONUT FLOUR BROWNIES WITH ALMOND BUTTER

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-paleo-coconut-flour-brownies-almond-butter-image-683x1024.jpg

Ingredients:
    1 Cup Almond butter, divided
    4 Tbsp Honey or agave
    1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
    1/4 Cup Unsweetened apple sauce
    1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
    6 Tbsp Cocoa powder
    3 1/2 Tbsp Coconut flour, (22g) READ NOTES*
    3/4 tsp Baking powder
    1/4 tsp Sea salt

Instructions
    Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line the bottom of an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.

Place 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp of the almond butter, reserving the rest for later, along with the honey in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave until the almond butter is smooth and melted, about 1-2 mins.

Add in the coconut sugar and beat with an electric hand mixer on medium heat until JUST combined, only about 20 seconds. Do not overmix or you will add too much air into the brownies and they will sink when baking.

Add in the apple sauce and vanilla and gently whisk by hand until combined, being careful to not whisk in too much air.

Add in all the remaining ingredients and gently whisk by hand until smooth and combined. Your batter will be quite thick. Let stand for 5 minutes so the coconut flour can begin to absorb the moisture.

Transfer to the baking pan and spread out evenly. Melt the remaining 2 Tbsp of almond butter and drizzle all over the top.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY in the pan.

Once cool, slice and DEVOUR!

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-paleo-coconut-flour-brownies-almond-butter-picture-683x1024.jpg

Recipe Notes
    *It is very important to weigh your flour to ensure accurate results, as different brands can have different weights. If you use too much the brownies will be dry and not enough means they will be too wet.

sauce https://www.foodfaithfitness.com/bes...almond-butter/
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-28577807_1579692025445599_6645226529116651520_n.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Best-Ever Healthy Apple Crisp

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-apple-crisp-19-20.jpg

Servings: 6 servings
    Calories: 353 kcal

Ingredients

For the Apples

5 granny smith apples
    1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
    3 tablespoons water
    2 teaspoons cinnamon

For the Crumble Topping

1 cup old-fashioned oats
    1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill almond flour
    1/2 cup chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans
    3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup melted coconut oil
    1/4 cup pure maple syrup

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-apple-crisp-2-20.jpg

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel apples and dice into cubes of approximately equal size. In a large bowl, toss with maple syrup, water, and cinnamon. Pour apples into greased 9x9 or 8x8 inch baking dish.

In the same (now empty) bowl, add oats, almond flour, nuts, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil or butter, and maple syrup. Stir crumble topping together and pour into baking dish on top of apples.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until apples are soft, covering pan loosely with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent from over-browning.

Serve hot with vanilla nondairy ice cream .

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-apple-crisp-6-20.jpg

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-apple-crisp-8-20.jpg

sauce https://www.healthy-liv.com/best-eve...y-apple-crisp/
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Have to say THANK YOU !,my wife has used several of the recipes you've posted.All delish, and this looks like a winner too !...thanks again

9 lives
    Vegan Corned Beef and Cabbage

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-corned-beef-lg.jpg

Ingredients

2 medium onions cut into wedges
    1/2 head red or green cabbage finely chopped or shredded
    4 carrots cut into 2-inch lengths and quartered
    2 ribs celery thickly sliced
    4 cups vegetable broth
    1 teaspoon thyme
    1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
    1 teaspoon dry mustard
    1 teaspoon mild horseradish
    1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
    salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
    6-8 ounces vegetarian “beef” or seitan
    2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
    1/4 cup water
    1 tablespoon red wine or cooking sherry really adds great flavor

Instructions

Sauté the onion in a large, non-stick pot until it starts to brown. Add the remaining vegetables, the broth, and the seasonings. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Add the “beef,” cover, and cook for 15 more minutes, until vegetables are soft.

Use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetables and “beef” to a serving plate and keep warm. Return the broth to the heat. In a small cup, combine the flour, water, and wine. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the simmering broth. Cook and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan, until the broth has thickened, about 10 minutes. Pour the gravy over the “beef” and vegetables to serve.

sauce Vegan Corned Beef and Cabbage, Roasted Potatoes, and Soda Bread | Recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Happy pi day

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-29213940_10155487756817992_115100807090667520_n.jpg

Cherry-Chocolate Mousse Pie

Ingredients

1/2 cup dried cherries
    1 12-ounce package light silken tofu or extra-firm silken tofu
    2 tablespoons agave nectar --more if you want it sweeter
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 Oatmeal Cookie Crust or any prepared Graham cracker crust

Instructions

Cover the dried cherries with 1/2 cup of boiling water and soak them until soft. Drain (and reserve) the water, and put the cherries into the food processor. Pulse to chop. Drain the tofu and add it to the food processor along with the agave nectar and vanilla. Process until smooth.
    Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Pour it into the food processor and puree, scraping down the sides as needed to make sure it’s well blended. Pour into a prepared crust and chill for several hours.

Recipe Notes

If you’d like to make it without the crust, here’s the info for a crustless version: 231 Calories (kcal); 11g Total Fat; (38% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 40mg Sodium; 3g Fiber.

Serving Suggestion: Take the reserved cherry-soaking water, add some sugar, and simmer it on the stove until it’s reduced to a syrup. Drizzle over pie just before serving. (Here’s a sneaky photographer’s secret: I added some grenadine to the cherry syrup to brighten the color.)

sauce Vegan Cherry-Chocolate Mousse Pie
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sm4k View Post
    wow where to start.. i grew up on mac and cheese. its fast, nutritious and convenient.

being vegan about a decade, my goto replacement seems to be a thai style peanut sauce pasta.

cook up some al dente spaghetti, macaroni or fusilli.. my fav is actually bucatini for this recipe.

in a seperate saucepan combine a teaspoon of sesame oil, crushed clove of garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, 2tbsp of your fav peanut butter and melt it over medium heat..

add water to sauce to get your desired consistancy, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup as the peanut butter melts but will be lumpy if you dont cut it.. also you can add soy sauce and sriracha to taste.

then just combine and enjoy.

Totally made this tonight and it was simple and wonderful!
    "I have one speed. I have one gear: Go." -- Charlie Sheen

Magically Delicious
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Happy pi day

Cherry-Chocolate Mousse Pie

Ingredients

1/2 cup dried cherries
    1 12-ounce package light silken tofu or extra-firm silken tofu
    2 tablespoons agave nectar --more if you want it sweeter
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 Oatmeal Cookie Crust or any prepared Graham cracker crust
    Aren't you supposed to multiply these ingredient quantities by 3.1415?
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

9 lives
    ^ ha! mmm pie
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    This is life changing

How to peel an orange

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    5 minute Vegan Pancakes

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-d30c2lxty6saflqlb61q_vp-4-final_2.jpg

INGREDIENTS

1 cup flour (whichever kind you prefer)
    1 tablespoon sugar (e.g. organic cane sugar)
    2 tablespoons baking powder
    1⁄8 teaspoon salt
    1 cup soymilk
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS
    Set out all your ingredients.
    Set a stove element with a pan to medium heat.
    Combine the 4 dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder -- two Tablespoons, not two Teaspoons as some have suggested, salt) in a bowl.
    Add the soy milk and vegetable oil to your mixture.
    Mix until smooth.
    Now the pan should be ready for your batter, so spoon one pancakes' worth of the mixture into the pan.
    Flip [carefully] when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake, or if the edges are looking stiffened.
    Repeat until the batter is gone, and try not to eat them all while you're cooking them.

sauce 5 Minute Vegan Pancakes Recipe - Genius Kitchen
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-29542304_2026618850744168_8427618396187716787_n.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Meatless Monday oil-free stirfry

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Raw Key Lime Pie Bars (Vegan & GLuten Free)

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-raw-key-lime-pie-bars-3.jpg

Ingredients

Crust!
    1 cup medjool dates
    ½ cup whole almonds
    ½ cup whole pecans
    ¼ cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
    Pinch of sea salt

Filling!
    2 cups cashews
    1 medium zucchini
    ¾ cup fresh lime juice + zest
    ½ cup maple syrup
    ⅓ cup melted cocoa butter
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Instructions
    Put all the crust ingredients into a food processor, and process until the ingredients stick together. Scrape down the sides as needed. Be sure to put parchment paper before pressing the crust mixture into your square dish. This will help when it comes time to cut.
    Place all the filling ingredients in your high-speed blender and blend until the filling is completely smooth and creamy.
    Pour the filling evenly over the pie crust and smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle your lemon zest on top and place in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours.
    Using a large knife cut into 3'' bars and store in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!

Nutrition Information
    Serving size: 1 Calories: 249 Fat: 17.1g Carbohydrates: 19.8g Sugar: 8.4g Fiber: 1.4g Protein: 2.5g

sauce https://www.livesimplynatural.com/ra...n-gluten-free/
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    The Most Nutritious Fruits And Vegetables

Losing fat and gaining muscle often means that the food you eat is based upon what macronutrient ratio is best for your goal. Because we're so focused on how much carbs, fat, and protein we're getting in each meal, we often forget that micronutrients are also an essential part of a healthy body and a great physique.

Micronutrients are essential vitamins and minerals that your body doesn't make; they need to come from your diet. Although your body doesn't need much of them, they are necessary for your body's systems to function optimally. It's very possible to become deficient in certain micronutrients, which can cause all kinds of health issues. For example, too little potassium can cause muscle cramping, weakness, and even heart arrhythmias.

It's true that taking a multivitamin can help you get those vitamins and minerals your body needs to operate at its best, but your body actually absorbs micronutrients much better from food than from a pill. So, it's important to fill your plate with nutrient-dense fruits and veggies instead of hoping your multivitamin will take care of any holes in your nutrition.

Below are some of the most nutrient-dense fruits and veggies. Stock up on them so you can provide your body everything it needs to work at its best!
    Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-most-nutritious-fruits-vegetables-graphics-1.jpg

Fruit

1) Mango
    Serving size: 1 mango
    Calories 201
    Fat 0.8 g
    Carbs 32.3 g
    Protein 1.7 g
    Mango can be slightly harder to find and even more challenging to eat than some fruits, but it's a great addition to your nutrition plan. One mango provides 5 grams of fiber, as well as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, and huge doses of vitamins A and C.

It's slightly more caloric than most fruits, so be aware of how much you're eating.

2) Pomegranate
    Serving size: 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
    Calories 72
    Fat 1 g
    Carbs 16 g
    Protein 1.4 g
    Pomegranate has received some special attention in the last few years—and for good reason! Pomegranate has a unique, delicious flavor and is chock-full of nutrients. One half cup of pomegranate seeds provides lots of potassium, magnesium, fiber, and vitamins B-1, B-2, B-6, C, E, and K.

Pomegranates are a little bit difficult to eat, but they're well worth the effort. The taste and nutritional benefits outweigh a little effort on your part!

3)Guava
    Serving size: 1 guava
    Calories 112
    Fat 1.6 g
    Carbs 23.6 g
    Protein 4.2 g
    Guava might sound like a fruit you should only enjoy while you're lounging on a beach, but it's actually a great addition to your everyday diet. Guava is high in fiber, niacin, and vitamins A, B-3, B-6, C, and K. Guava is also rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant.

Guava is generally a summer fruit, so get some while you can!

4) Raspberries
    Serving size: 1 cup raspberries
    Calories 64
    Fat 0.8 g
    Carbs 14.7 g
    Protein 1.5 g
    Blueberries get tons of love in fitness, and deservedly so, but raspberries are a great year-round option. They're delicious, for one, but they are also high in vitamins C and K, and have a healthy amount of folate. One cup of raspberries also provides 8 grams of dietary fiber.

Freeze them and add them to your protein shakes, or just enjoy a handful on top of your dessert or salad.

5)Orange
    Serving size: 1 medium orange
    Calories 62
    Fat 0.2 g
    Carbs 15.4 g
    Protein 1.2 g
    Oranges are pretty easy to get your hands on year round. They may be common, but their ubiquity doesn't make them any less healthy. Oranges are excellent sources of vitamins A and C, beta-carotene, and minerals such as potassium and calcium. They're also high in soluble and insoluble fiber.

One of the best things about oranges is that they keep well for a long time. Get some the next time you're at the store and enjoy!

6) Avocado
    Serving size: 1 cup sliced avocado
    Calories 234
    Fat 21.4 g
    Carbs 12.5 g
    Protein 2.9 g
    Although we usually think of avocado as a fat source, it's actually a fruit, and a really healthy fruit at that! One cup of sliced avocado contains 10 grams of dietary fiber, 42 percent of your daily value of vitamin B-5, and 35 percent of your daily value of vitamin K. Avocado also provides big doses of vitamin C and potassium.

If you're not already eating avocado regularly for healthy fat, now is the time to start! It's one of those foods everyone should enjoy. They're great in a shake as well as atop a salad.

Veggies

7) Kale
    Serving size: 1 cup chopped kale
    Calories 33
    Fat 0.6 g
    Carbs 6 g
    Protein 2.9 g
    Kale might be trendy, but it's trendy because it's so damn healthy. It's rich in vitamins A and C. It also has tons of vitamin K, a fat-soluble vitamin that allows proteins to bond to calcium ions. Kale is also a great source of manganese, copper, fiber, calcium, potassium, and vitamin B-6, and even contains some omega-3 fatty acid.

For maximum nutritional benefit, steam kale for about 5 minutes before eating it.

8) Brussels Sprouts
    Serving size: 1 cup Brussels sprouts
    Calories 38
    Fat 0.3 g
    Carbs 8 g
    Protein 3 g

Love 'em or hate 'em, Brussels sprouts have found a home in the fitness community. This cruciferous vegetable is rich in sulfur-containing nutrients that enhance our body's detox systems, and offers plenty of fiber to aid digestion. Brussels sprouts are also rich in vitamins K, C, and B-6, and minerals like manganese, folate, and copper. Brussels sprouts also contain omega-3 fatty acids.

Do yourself a favor and eat these little guys at least once per week!

9) Broccoli
    Serving size: 1 cup chopped broccoli
    Calories 31
    Fat 0.3 g
    Carbs 6 g
    Protein 2.6 g
    Ah, broccoli—of course we had to include this popular veggie on our list. Broccoli is a bodybuilding staple because it is one of the most nutritious vegetables on the planet. In just one cup of chopped broccoli, you'll get more vitamin K and C than you need in a day and lots of other awesome minerals like potassium, calcium, and selenium. Broccoli is also full of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.

Broccoli is low in calories, which makes it a good addition to your diet if you're trying to cut fat, lower your carbohydrate intake, or both. Even if it's not on your favorite vegetable list, we think it's a great idea to find some way to cook broccoli so you like it. It's just a great, healthy vegetable that belongs in your nutrition program, no matter your fitness goal.

10) Artichoke
    Serving size: 1 medium cooked artichoke
    Calories 60
    Fat 0.2 g
    Carbs 13 g
    Protein 4.2 g
    Because artichokes are a little weird, people forget they're a legitimate vegetable, not just a pizza topping! Artichoke is high in dietary fiber, folic acid, and vitamin C. It's also one of the best vegetable sources of vitamin K. Aside from vitamins, artichoke is also rich in minerals like copper, calcium, potassium, and iron.

One of the best and easiest ways to prepare an artichoke is to steam it with some garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Yum!

11) Bell Pepper
    Serving size: 1 large yellow pepper
    Calories 50
    Fat 0.4 g
    Carbs 12 g
    Protein 2 g
    Bell peppers of all colors are an amazing addition to your diet. They have a huge amount of vitamin C, and are also great sources of vitamin B-6, vitamin A, folate, and fiber. Although bell peppers are very low in fat, the little they do have ensures that you'll get some fat-soluble nutrients like vitamins A and E.

Bell peppers are delicious in salads, grilled, or just sliced and enjoyed as a snack. If you like them, eat up!

12) Spinach
    Serving size: 1 cup boiled spinach
    Calories 41
    Fat 0.5 g
    Carbs 7 g
    Protein 5 g
    Popeye was no dummy. Spinach belongs in your muscle-building nutrition plan. You can eat it raw, or, you can increase the fiber content by boiling it. Spinach's dark color means it's full of phytochemicals that have anti-inflammatory properties. Spinach is also a great source of vitamins A, K, and E as well as calcium.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Oh damn. I haven't been very creative in the kitchen lately. This thread is inspiring me to change my lazy ways!

9 lives
    Simple Cabbage and Chickpea Soup with Fresh Basil

Prep Time 15 minutes
    Cook Time 40 minutes
    Total Time 55 minutes
    Servings 6
    Calories 158 kcal

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-cabbage-chickpea-basil-soup2.jpg

Ingredients

1 onion , chopped
    2 carrots , sliced
    4 cloves garlic cloves , minced or pressed
    6 cups hot water (plus bouillon cubes, below) or vegetable broth (and no bouillon cubes)
    3 cubes no-salt added bouillon cubes (or enough to flavor 6 cups of water)*
    1/2 head cabbage , chopped
    1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
    1 16-ounce can chickpeas , rinsed and drained (or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas)
    2 teaspoons oregano
    generous grating black pepper
    1/3 cup fresh basil , chopped
    2 tablespoons pine nuts , lightly toasted (optional)

Instructions
    Heat a large, non-stick pot. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes. Add the carrots and garlic and cook for another two minutes. Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the basil and pine nuts. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
    Stir in fresh basil and serve in individual soup bowls, topped with 1 teaspoon of pine nuts, if desired.

sauce https://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2011/0...oup-basil.html
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Superfoods Soup
    Use any greens you choose–and feel free to add more of them.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-superfoods-soup1.jpg

Prep Time 10 minutes
    Cook Time 15 minutes
    Total Time 25 minutes
    Servings 2
    Calories 88 kcal

Ingredients

4-5 cups water
    3 baby bok choy -about 9 ounces or 250g-trimmed and sliced
    3 ounces mushrooms sliced
    3-6 ounces organic silken tofu cubed (see substitutes below)
    1 small onion halved and sliced
    4 cloves garlic minced
    1 teaspoon Korean powdered pepper or red pepper flakes to taste
    freshly-ground black pepper to taste
    1 tablespoon mellow white miso add more to taste

Instructions

Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add all ingredients except miso, reduce heat, and cover. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
    Remove a few tablespoons of the broth and place it in a small bowl; add the miso and stir until well combined. Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the miso.
    Serve.

Recipe Notes
    Instead of tofu, try using 1/2 cup of shelled edamame, frozen green peas, or any cooked beans.

Korean hot pepper flakes are a little milder than regular red pepper flakes, so if you use the regular kind, add them carefully to taste.

If using 6 oz. tofu, add 23 calories and .8 gram of fat.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-superfoods-soup2.jpg

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving (1 bowl)
    Calories 88 Calories from Fat 16
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 1.8g 3%
    Sodium 443.8mg 18%
    Total Carbohydrates 12.4g 4%
    Dietary Fiber 2.9g 12%
    Sugars 4.6g
    Protein 8g 16%
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Red Lentil Soup with Cauliflower Rice

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-red-lentil-soup-cauliflower-rice-600.jpg

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups red lentils
    6 cups water
    4 cloves garlic
    1 1/2 tablespoons ginger root peeled and grated or minced
    1 large carrot (1 1/2 cup shredded)
    1/2 cup green or red bell pepper finely chopped
    1 large onion chopped
    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    1 tablespoon ground coriander
    1 teaspoon turmeric
    1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    12 ounces riced cauliflower (one bag, frozen)
    3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes and green chilies (such as Rotel brand, see note)
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
    sumac optional, to taste

Instructions
    Check the lentils for debris and rinse well. Put them in a large pot with the water, garlic, and ginger root and begin heating over high heat.

While the water is warming, shred the carrot and chop the pepper and add them to the pot. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Keep warm.

While the lentils cook, heat a large non-stick skillet and add the onion to it. Cook, stirring often, until the onion begins to brown. Add a splash of water if the onion sticks or browns too much on the bottom.

When the onion is a caramel color, add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne and cook, stirring constantly, for one minute. Add the riced cauliflower to the pan and stir, scraping the bottom. Cook until the cauliflower is warm.

Browned onions and spices
    Add the contents of the skillet to the lentils along with the tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently, to allow the flavors to blend. Just before serving, stir in the lemon juice and garam masala. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with sumac, if desired.

Recipe Notes
    Canned tomatoes and green chilies are made by several companies, primarily Rotel, which has several options including mild and original (fairly spicy). Use the one that fits your heat preference.

If you'd rather, you can use chopped fresh or canned diced tomatoes and just increase the cayenne pepper.

12 ounces of frozen riced cauliflower equals about 3 cups of riced cauliflower made at home (probably less than one head of cauliflower). You do not need to thaw it beforehand.

Nutritional info below is based on 4 large, 2-cup servings.

Any size serving is zero points on the Weight Watchers Freestyle program.

Nutrition Facts
    Red Lentil Soup with Cauliflower Rice
    Amount Per Serving (2 cups)
    Calories 334 Calories from Fat 20
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 2.26g 3%
    Saturated Fat 0.48g 2%
    Sodium 235mg 10%
    Potassium 1047mg 30%
    Total Carbohydrates 62g 21%
    Dietary Fiber 12g 48%
    Sugars 5g
    Protein 21g 42%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

sauce https://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2018/0...ower-rice.html
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    This French chef is making a vegan delicacy — FAUX gras!

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    How A Single Piece Of Fruit Caused A Mass Evacuation At One Australian University

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-extra_large-1525083123-cover-image.jpg

Over the weekend, more than 500 students and members of staff had to be evacuated from a university library in Melbourne, Australia, because of a suspected gas leak. After a "comprehensive search" of the building, the local fire brigade department concluded there was no gas leak. Instead, the source of the trouble was a much less sinister miscreant – a single piece of rotting fruit.

The foul-smelling durian fruit is native to Southeast Asia, where it is often eaten raw or added to local cuisine as a flavoring ingredient. It can also be used in traditional Asian medicine, either as an aphrodisiac or as a treatment for fever. It is about the same size as a coconut and looks a bit like a curled up hedgehog. Underneath its spiky green and brown exterior, there is a sweet and creamy yellow flesh.

The "king of fruits" is the marmite of the fruit world – you either love it or hate it. The scent is so pungent that the Singapore Mass Transit has banned durians on their railway lines and, in a particularly scathing review, the food writer Richard Sterling describes the odor as "turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock. It can be smelled from yards away.” (Mmm, nice. Not.)

This unique stench is the product of 50 individual discrete compounds, including four that had been totally unknown to science until a 2012 study analyzing the smell of durian fruit was published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. The researchers found that no one compound was responsible for its smell but rather combine to create the distinctive scent. Taken apart, some compounds were described as fruity while others were described as skunky, metallic, rubbery, or burnt. Some were described as smelling like onions, others garlic, cheese, or honey.

Australian firefighters believe the especially pungent smell of this particular piece of rotting fruit spread through the RMIT library through the air conditioning system. An investigation into the incident took place because of the potentially dangerous chemicals stored in the building but the library has since been re-opened now that they know there is no risk to staff and students' health. Though library staff might want to consider banning durians from now on.

Its powerful, sulphuric stench isn't the only uncommon trait of the durian fruit. Asian folklore states eating durians while drunk can kill you and there may be a hint of truth in this claim. In 2009, a study found that eating durians can inhibit an enzyme called aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH), which is responsible for helping the liver break down alcohol.

How A Single Piece Of Fruit Caused A Mass Evacuation At One Australian University | IFLScience
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    No Bake Vegan Paleo Brownies

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Name:  31899962_408918089571836_2880528784677666816_n.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  29.5 KB
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Sticky Stiitake Mushrooms

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Happy Cinco de Mayo. We can enjoy this simple vegan mexican meal for breakfast or dinner

Mexican Tofu Scramble

INGREDIENTS
    1 tspcumin
    1 tspcoriander
    1 cupcooked black beans or kidney beans
    1 pkg firm tofu
    2 Tbsp tomato paste
    2 ripe tomatoes, diced
    3 Tbsp hot sauce (optional)
    1 ½ cups greens (I like to use kale)
    1 clove of garlic, minced
    ¼ cup water

PREPARATION
    Crumble tofu into a pan with cumin, coriander and garlic. Cook over medium heat approximately 2 minutes.
    Add tomato paste, hot sauce, diced tomatoes, beans and greens.
    Add ¼ cup water and stir frequently and everything is heated through and the greens are wilted.

Serve immediately

sauce https://nutritionstudies.org/recipes...tofu-scramble/
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegan Japanese Curry

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-vegan-japanese-curry-instant-pot-veganricha-8198.cr2_.lr_.jpg

Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan
    Servings: 4
    Calories: 209 kcal

Ingredients
    2 tsp oil divided
    1/2 onion thinly sliced
    4 cloves of garlic finely chopped, or 1 tbsp mined
    1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
    1 tbsp flour (use rice flour for glutenfree)
    2 to 3 tsp garam masala or 1.5 to 2 Tbsp Japanese Curry powder (omit turmeric if using)
    3/4 tsp turmeric
    1 1/4 cup chopped carrots
    1 large potato cubed
    15 oz can chickpeas drained, or 1.5 cups cooked
    2 tsp tomato paste or ketchup
    2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce or use soy(tamari for glutenfree) sauce or use coconut aminos for soyfree
    2 cups water
    3/4 tsp salt
    3 tbsp applesauce or grated apple
    1/3 cup peas
    scallions pickled radish, pickled ginger and rice for serving

Instructions
    Put the Instant pot on Saute. Add oil, when the oil is hot, add onion and pinch of salt and cook until translucent.

Add the garlic and ginger and mix in. Cook for half a minute.
    Move the onions to the side. Add 1 tsp more oil to the pot, add the flour and mix into the oil. Then mix with the onion, ginger, garlic and cook for half a minute stirring frequently as the flour will tend to stick and burn if left too long. Add the spices and mix them in.

Add the veggies, chickpeas, sauces, salt and water. Mix really well to pick up the roasted flour from the bottom, so that none of the flour is sticking. Cancel Saute

Close the lid (sealing). Pressure Cook for 6 to 7 minutes (manual hi). (a minute longer if your veggies are chopped larger). Once the time is up. Click cancel and Let the pressure release naturally.

Open the lid. Put the pot on saute, add the applesauce and peas and bring to a boil. Taste and adjust salt, spice and flavor carefully. Add more spices to taste. Add some sweetener and good dash of black pepper or pepper flakes for heat if needed. Serve with rice and garnished with sesame seeds, pickled radish/ginger and scallions.

Recipe Notes
    Saucepan: Follow step 1 to 4 in a saucepan over medium heat (Use 2.5 cups of water instead of 2). Partially cover and cook for 12 to 14 minutes. Check if the veggies are tender. Add in the applesauce, peas and continue to simmer over medium-low heat for a few minutes. Taste and adjust carefully.

Oil-free: Saute the onions in 1/4 cup veggie broth. Dry roast the flour on a separate skillet for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant. Add the flour later with the spices. You an also use starch as a thickener.

Nutrition is 1 of 4 serves, does not include rice

Total Fat 5g 8%
    Sodium 592mg 25%
    Potassium 603mg 17%
    Total Carbohydrates 33g 11%
    Dietary Fiber 9g 36%
    Sugars 4g
    Protein 9g 18%

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-vegan-japanese-curry-instant-pot-veganricha-8253.cr2_.lr_.jpg

sauce: https://www.veganricha.com/2018/04/v...stant-pot.html
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    easy to make and so yummy

Général Tso Tofu

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Carolina Red Slaw

Name:  safe_image.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  28.0 KB

INGREDIENTS
    1 14-ounce package of cole slaw or 1 pound fresh sliced cabbage
    1 medium onion, minced
    ⅓ cup ketchup
    ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
    2 Tbsp sweetener, agave, etc.
    1 tspsalt (optional)
    1 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
    ½ tsp ground pepper
    1 tsp hot sauce (optional)

PREPARATION
    In a large mixing bowl, add coleslaw (or cabbage) and onion.
    In medium bowl, whisk together ketchup, vinegar, sweetener, salt, paprika, pepper, and hot sauce.
    Pour wet mixture into bowl with cabbage and onion.
    Mix thoroughly and place in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour or more. Serve chilled.

sauce https://nutritionstudies.org/recipes...lina-red-slaw/
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by syadasti View Post
    It also specifies logical reasons for the conclusions, refute why that wouldn't be the case with marginal or different types of land:
    Straight off the bat, referring to lands that would not be used for grazing as wasted shows a lack of valuation for ecosystem services. The literature cited section is lacking some of the key ecosystem and ag production literature of the last 10 years. And Cyclelicious is correct, 10 diets is not enough to draw conclusions, it is barely enough (but enough) for this paper to serve as a data point.

9 lives
    A Scientific Explanation Of The Body Sensations After Regularly Consuming Oatmeal

If you happen to love cereals, you ought to know that most of them are packed with hidden sugar, processed carbohydrates, artificial colors, and preservatives.

Thus, a healthy alternative would be an oatmeal bowl!

To consume oatmeal for breakfast is one of the healthiest things you can do for yourself. Oats are full of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, and are the exclusive source of avenanthramides, antioxidants with potent heart-improving components.

Only 117 calories are contained in a 30g portion of raw oats, and by weight, contains 66% carbohydrates, 17% protein, 7% fat, and 11% fiber. This is what this means regarding your well-being:

Carbohydrates
    The oat carbs are advantageous due to their intact fiber intact and require more time to release into the bloodstream.

Moreover, 11% of the carbohydrates are fiber and 85% are starch, which is an entirely different situation than when it comes to the starch in other grains, it contains more fat and has a bigger viscosity, which is its power to connect with the water.

Oats contain three kinds of starch:
    Quickly digested starch (7%), that is rapidly processed and transformed into glucose

Slowly digested starch (22%) which is more slowly processed and absorbed

Resistant starch (25%), which is not processed such as other starch, however it feeds the beneficial gut bacteria and boosts the digestion

Fiber
    Oats offer both soluble and insoluble fiber, nevertheless they contain the richest soluble fiber beta-glucan. It provides numerous health benefits, reduces the cholesterol, along with the blood sugar and insulin, simultaneously stimulating the excretion of bile acids.

The frequent intake of beta-glucans reduces the risk of heart conditions as well. The soluble fiber suppresses appetite and causes satiety, as well as slows down the digestion.

Protein
    Protein offers a sense of satiety, and constructs and maintains muscle. Oats are known for their high-quality protein, avenalin (80% protein) being the main protein, which is similar to the protein contained in legumes. It is also high in the minor protein avenin, which is like the gluten in wheat.

Fat
    Whole oats contain much more fat than most grains and it is mostly unsaturated fatty acids.

Yet, these are the most valuable things you ought to know when purchasing and eating oatmeal:
    — You should avoid instant and processed oatmeal, as well as the amount of oats you consume, as it is high in sugars. Have small portions, and it will still keep you satisfied.

-Add nutrient-dense toppings, like seeds, nuts, fresh fruits, honey, maple syrup, dried coconut, nut butter, and avoid toppings that contain a lot of sugar such as dried cranberries, or raisins.

All that’s left to do is enjoy your bowl of oats and the countless health benefits it provides!
    sauce https://www.cleanfoodhouse.com/scien...uming-oatmeal/
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    I love watermelon... I've never had it grilled though. This looks good

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Kale and Quinoa Salad with Black Beans (Raw kale is an acquired taste, so if you’re not a fan, try steaming the kale for a few minutes instead of massaging it)

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-kale-quinoa-salad1.jpg

Ingredients

1 cup quinoa I used a combo of red and white quinoa, rinsed very well
    2 cups vegetable broth
    2 cloves garlic minced
    1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
    3 tablespoons vegetable broth
    1 teaspoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed
    1 teaspoon ancho chile powder or other pure chile powder, not a blend
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder or to taste
    1/2 tsp salt optional, or to taste
    4-6 cups chopped kale leaves about 4-5 ounces
    1 15-ounce can black beans about 1 1/2 cups, rinsed and drained
    1/2 cup grated carrot
    1/2 red bell pepper chopped
    1 avocado optional, sliced or cubed
    additional lemon juice and seasonings to taste

Instructions

Heat a saucepan. Add the rinsed and drained quinoa and the garlic and toast it until almost dry. Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer until all the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.

While the quinoa is cooking, make the dressing in a small bowl or measuring cup: whisk together the lemon juice, 3 tablespoons broth, chia/flax seeds, chile powders, cumin, and salt. Allow to stand until the chia seeds start to thicken the dressing.

Place the kale in a large serving bowl. Add half of the dressing and massage it into the kale using a wringing motion until the kale is very tender. Two minutes of massaging should do it, but the longer, the better. Add the quinoa, black beans, carrot, and bell pepper, along with the remaining dressing. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Just before serving, check the seasoning and add more lemon juice, chile powder, cumin, and salt, as needed. Stir in chopped avocado, if desired, or serve with slices of avocado on the side.

Recipe Notes

Without avocado: 206 calories, 22 calories from fat, 2.5g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 509.8mg sodium, 535.9mg potassium, 37.3g carbohydrates, 8.1g fiber, 1.3g sugar, 10.3g protein.

sauce:
    https://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2013/0...ack-beans.html
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Guacaroni!

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Lazy vegan snacks

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Vegan Coconut Curry.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-37177656_10156848260812922_1751019516168503296_n.jpg

Ingredients
    for 10 servings

1 medium white onion
    1 large head broccoli
    1 medium sweet potato, or large, scrubbed
    1 cup (240 mL) water
    15 oz (425 g) chickpeas, 1 can, organic, drained and rinsed
    ¼ cup (40 g) quinoa, uncooked
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon ginger, minced
    1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    1 tablespoon ground turmeric
    2 teaspoons tamari
    2 teaspoons salt
    28 oz (795 g) diced tomato, 1 can
    15 oz (425 g) coconut milk, 2 cans
    cooked rice, for serving
    fresh parsley, chopped, for serving, optional

Preparation

Dice the onion. Cut the broccoli into florets. Dice the sweet potato.

Add the water, broccoli florets, chickpeas, diced sweet potato, diced onion, quinoa, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, turmeric, tamari, salt, tomatoes, and coconut milk to a slow cooker. Stir until fully combined.

Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low, until the sweet potato is tender and the curry has thickened.

Serve warm over rice. Garnish with parsley, if desired.

Enjoy!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    4 INGREDIENT ZUCCHINI TATER TOTS

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    This looks tasty

BEEFY VEGAN BEET BURGERS

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-vegnews.beefyveganbeetburger.thenewnourishing.jpg

What you need:
    3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
    1 small red onion, finely diced
    2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    2 tablespoons flax seeds
    ½ cup rolled oats
    2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
    2 medium beets, grated
    2 tablespoons tomato purée
    1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

What you do:
    1. Into a skillet over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil. Add onion and cook, stirring for approximately 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and set aside.

2. Into a large bowl, combine flax seeds with 6 tablespoons water and let stand for 10 minutes.

3. Into a food processor, process oats until finely chopped and flour-like in texture. Add black beans and pulse until finely chopped and combined with the oats, being careful not to purée beans.

4. To the flax seeds mixture, add black bean-oat mixture, grated beets, cooked onions and garlic, tomato purée, smoked paprika, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, and mix with a rubber spatula until well combined. Using damp hands, form mixture into 8 patties approximately 1-inch thick and 3 to 4 inches wide.

5. Into a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add two patties and cook each side 3 to 4 minutes, until browned and firm. Reduce heat to medium if patties get too charred. Remove from skillet and repeat with the remaining burgers. Serve warm on buns with chosen toppings.

sauce https://vegnews.com/2018/6/beefy-vegan-beet-burgers
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    15 Food Hacks Every Vegan Should Know About

The vegan diet isn’t really all that difficult but of course like all lifestyle changes, especially food-centric ones, it’s a learning curve. It’s great when you discover new tips and tricks along the way, and with the vegan diet, there are many. Learn to adapt with these simple ideas, substitutions, and suggestions to keep your food tasting it’s best, and your eating on point.

1. Bananas Make Ice Cream
    Yep, you read that right. Bananas can make ice cream. The best part is – it’s made with overripened bananas, so you’re actually probably saving yourself from tossing the brown ones!

By slicing the bananas before freezing, you then simply blend up the banana chunks until smooth and add your flavorings. There are many options and recipes for different flavors of this “nice” cream, but we’re digging this mint chip.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-mint-nice-cream-728x475.jpg

2. Vinegar Makes Buttermilk
    Ever come across a delicious pancake recipe only to be turned away by the need for buttermilk? Well, as it turns out, simply adding some vinegar to a non-dairy milk will create a buttermilk alternative that’s completely ok for vegans.

Don’t have vinegar in the house? Some claim that lemon or lime juice works just the same. Your ratio of either vinegar or lemon/lime juice is 1 tablespoon into a 1cup measuring cup, then add your non-dairy milk alternative until the cup is filled. Voila! Buttermilk!

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-shutterstock_148939844-728x475.jpg

3. Canned Coconut Milk Makes Whipped Cream
    Thankfully, you can even buy this in a spray can in the store now, but for a cost-effective, and more natural option that will serve up more elegantly, try making this little hack.

For this to be successful, you’ll need a can of full-fat coconut milk. Then, simply refrigerate the coconut milk overnight and the next day, carefully scoop off the hardened layer at the top of the can, leaving the coconut watery bits at the bottom. Then grab your beaters, and whip it up until it forms into whipped cream. That’s it!

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-uodbhcd.jpg

4. Avocados Can Substitute Butter
    Baking up a vegan cake? Try using an avocado for your creamy fat in the recipe instead of a dairy-laden butter. No wonder they call avocados “nature’s butter”.

To do this, simply substitute half the amount of butter a recipe calls for in a baking recipe with a ripened and mashed avocado. This works best with cakes, muffins, bread, and cookies.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-shutterstock_190798355-728x475.jpg

5. You Can Make Meringues With Chickpeas
    Ok, so not the chickpeas themselves, but the liquid surrounding them in a can of chickpeas. Officially this thick watery substance is called “aquafaba” and it has some seriously cool things it can do.

Mainly? It can make a meringue! Since a common meringue is made with whipped egg whites, the use of aquafaba takes a favorite treat and makes it vegan. It can also be used to create a vegan royal icing (again as a substitute for egg whites).

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-chickpea-meringue-nests-1.jpg

6. Heat Your Non-Dairy Milk Before Adding To Coffee
    How many have tried non-dairy milk in a coffee only to have it curdle a few moments later? Even if it’s not harmful, it’s just unappetizing and can often have you dumping that much craved-for coffee.

The solution to this is to warm up your non-dairy beverage before adding it to your coffee to prevent the curdling.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-shutterstock_4896244-728x475.jpg

7. Nutritional Yeast Will Make Your Food Cheesy
    From soups to sauces, pasta and tofu scrambles, when you’re craving that cheesy taste, grab yourself some nutritional yeast.

These little flakes of goodness have some major nutritional rewards in them as well. They not only enhance the flavor of everything you put them in, but they pack protein and b12 which are essential on the vegan diet.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-queso13-728x475.jpg

8. Soda Replaces Egg In A Cake Mix
    Find yourself a cake mix that’s “accidentally vegan” (meaning there’s no eggs, powdered milk, gelatin or unnatural food dyes) in you can do this food hack.

Simply add soda or soda water instead of eggs to the cake mix, then mix and bake as you normally would. The result is a light fluffy cake that actually holds up.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-cc_combined-419dcdd857.jpg

9. Raw Cashews Can Make Cheese
    Raw cashews can actually make a lot of things for vegans. Cheese, sauces, sour creams. Keep raw cashews on hand and get ready to create with them.

There’s just one important step, you have to soak them in hot water first. Once soaked, they soften and when processed in a food processor or blender make a creamy sauce that is out of this world. If you’re ready to dive into making your own cheese, there are some amazing recipes from cream “cheese” to sliced “cheese” that you can try.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-smoked-cashew-vegan-cheese-recipe-1-728x475.jpg

10. Oats Can Make Dairy-Free Milk
    Ever needed a non-dairy milk and need it fast? Grab some oats out of the cupboard and get making your own!

With just one cup of oats and a high-speed blender, you can make a creamy milk from oats that are completely nut-free as well. You can optionally add in some maple syrup and vanilla for a really enhanced flavor in this recipe.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-d1sbpko.jpg

11. Agar Agar Replaces Gelatin
    The moment you discover what gelatin is actually made of (animal skin and bones) you’ll be saddened by the loss of your favorite things like gummies and marshmallows.

However, you can use a cool ingredient called Agar Agar which is derived from algae to create a plethora of recipes from gummy bears to sliceable vegan cheeses and even pannacotta!

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-vegan-fruit-snack-gummies-9-728x475.jpg

12. Not All Vegan Foods Are Labeled “Vegan”
    There are so many natural foods either storebought or on restaurant menus that are vegan by accident, or they’ve just never needed to be advertised as such.

Common restaurant foods include: Japanese sushi rolls such as bean curd, sweet potato, avocado & cucumber, Indian cuisines such as pakoras and chana masala, and Thai dishes such as yellow curry and fresh rolls are also almost always vegan.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-shutterstock_344881121-728x475.jpg

13. You Can Press Tofu Without A Press
    This may seem common knowledge, but can you remember the first time you ever read “pressed tofu” on a recipe and wondered how the heck to do that?

Well, if that’s you right now there’s good news. You can press tofu simply and easily by wrapping the block of tofu in paper towels and placing a plate on top, stacked with heavier canned items. You can also use a towel and some books. Pressing tofu can make the difference between a bland bite of tofu and a delicious one. This picture perfectly depicts the difference in marinating a regular block of tofu and a pressed one.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-12501393395_1ce67e2469_c-728x475.jpg

14. There Are Sneaky Non-Vegan Ingredients
    I can remember the day I got excited when I read the ingredients of a mint chocolate treat and there was no eggs and no dairy in the ingredients. “Awesome, it’s vegan” I thought. Wrong. There was a sneaky ingredient that I had NO clue wasn’t vegan until it was pointed out to me. Since then, I’ve been learning the lingo and reading labels like a champ.

But as it turns out there are some sneaky ingredient names that aren’t vegan at all. Get to know your lingo and you’re on the path to success. Here are some common ones: Gelatin; made of animal skin and bones, Shellac, Confectioner’s Glaze & Food Dyes, all made from insects; made from bugs, Honey; from bees (not vegan), Casein & Whey; made from dairy, and a few more.

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-shutterstock_73283965-728x475.jpg

15. A Great Plan For Failure

We’ve all struggled at least once ending up with a group of friends eating somewhere that offers you no options but a side salad and french fries. Don’t panic, just plan.

While the world is adapting to the growth of those on a plant-based diet, not every menu is there yet. You can ask for some options, but if you’re stuck, just try and enjoy yourself and make sure you have a vegan protein bar in your purse at all times. I almost always have one in my car or in my purse for this exact scenario. It keeps your head in the game and removes the need for hangry frustrated outbursts in the name of food.

https://www.forkly.com/food-hacks/15...tent=dmdo_us_m
    Last edited by cyclelicious; 1 Week Ago at 05:58 PM.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    GLUTEN FREE MULTISEED BREAD

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-gluten-free-multiseed-bread-800x1200.jpg

INGREDIENTS
    DRY INGREDIENTS

140 g / 1 heaped cup buckwheat flour*
    ¾ tsp baking soda**
    1 tsp fine salt
    2 tbsp ground flax seeds or chia seeds
    85 g / heaped ½ cup almonds (walnuts or hazelnuts)
    40 g / ¼ cup flax seeds (I used golden flax seeds), more to decorate
    35 g / ¼ cup sesame seeds, more to decorate
    65 g / ½ cup pumpkin seeds, more to decorate
    70 g / ½ cup sunflower seeds, more to decorate
    30 g / ¼ cup dried cranberries (dates, prunes or apricots)
    ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves (optional)***

WET INGREDIENTS

45 ml / 3 tbsp oil (I used mild olive oil) + more to grease the pan
    15 ml / 1 tbsp maple syrup
    1½ tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
    360 ml / 1½ cups water

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-gluten-free-multiseed-bread-making-800x599.jpg

METHOD

1. Mix the first four dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
    2. Set the oven to 150° C / 300° F fan forced (or 170° C / 340° F no fan) and grease a 1kg / 2lb baking tin with a bit of oil.
    3. This is an optional step, but recommended! Heat up a medium size pan on a low-medium heat. Once hot, add almonds to it. Dry roast the almonds for a few minutes until fragrant and lightly browned on both sides – move them around the pan frequently so that they don’t burn. Remove the almonds from the pan and place them on a chopping board. Add pumpkin and sunflower seeds to the pan and dry roast them together, stirring frequently.
    4. Chop toasted almonds up roughly and if using dates, prunes or apricots rather than cranberries, remove the stones (dates) and chop them into smaller pieces too.
    5. In a small mixing bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
    6. Add cooled-down nuts, seeds and dried fruit to the dry ingredients.
    7. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix well to combine. Let the batter rest for about 30-60 minutes so that the chia / flax seeds (also known as a flax egg) have had a chance to activate (become jelly-like) in the added moisture.
    8. Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and decorate the top with extra seeds before putting the bread in the oven.
    9. Bake for about 60 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. Let the bread cool down completely before cutting into it and use a serrated knife to cut it.

NOTES
    *Buckwheat is a naturally gluten-free pseudo grain that is related to rhubarb, but some brands may get cross-contaminated with gluten during processing so if you have a severe gluten intolerance or Celiac disease, make sure you only purchase buckwheat that has been certified as gluten-free (please be aware that Doves Farm buckwheat flour we show in the video above ISN’T gluten-free certified. We made a mistake and realised it too late)
    **Please ingore the fact that the video calls for baking powder (instead of baking soda). It’s a typo that we didn’t spot in time. Baking soda is the correct ingredient.

***If you intend to have this bread with sweet toppings, adding some ground spices and optionally increasing the amount of sweetness (to 2 tbsp maple syrup) is a nice idea. I would start with ½ tsp cinnamon and ¼ tsp ground ginger and nutmeg and a good pinch of cloves. For a savoury take on this bread, nigella seeds make a nice topping and olives a great substitute for dried fruit.

sauce https://www.lazycatkitchen.com/glute...ltiseed-bread/
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    VEGAN ORANGE CREAMSICLE POPSICLES

Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw recipes & chat-vegnews.creamsiclepopsicles.hannahkaminsky.jpg

Makes 4 popsicles

What you need:
    2 oranges, peeled
    Zest of one orange
    1 peach, pitted
    1/3 cup non-dairy milk
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla

What you do:
    In a blender, process all ingredients until smooth and pour into popsicle molds. Chill in freezer for at least 4 hours until set.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123