Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 567
  1. #451
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    756

    Re: Vegetarian and Vegan Passion

    I'm not so sure I agree with you in thinking Durianrider made some kind of damaging statement. I understood what he was trying to say, and I happen to agree with him. He never said all paleo folks are vegan haters, as you seem to be asserting.

    Also, I'm a big fan of proselytizing. Be it religion, politics, diet, whatever. Everyone should be able to throw their hat into the ring. If you believe in something, stake your claim. Don't tiptoe around on eggshells for the sake of political correctness. What do you believe? Is science on your side? Let's hear it.



    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by ultraspontane; 03-26-2013 at 10:29 AM.

  2. #452
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraspontane View Post
    I'm not so sure I agree with you in thinking Durianrider made some kind of damaging statement. I understood what he was trying to say, and I happen to agree with him. He never said all paleo folks are vegan haters, as you seem to be asserting.

    Also, I'm a big fan of proselytizing. Be it religion, politics, diet, whatever. Everyone should be able to throw their hat into the ring. If you believe in something, stake your claim. Don't tiptoe around on eggshells for the sake of political correctness. What do you believe? Is science on your side? Let's hear it.
    I don't think he made a damaging statement per say... I was just trying to keep this thread on track since it was my comment that was quoted to make a point. I am partly to blame for the derailment too.

  3. #453
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    134
    Yes
    Last edited by Z4good; 04-02-2013 at 07:49 PM.

  4. #454
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,221
    Eggplant parm recipe. This was sent to me by one of my paleo leaning buddies. I used quinoa flour instead of the almond flour. It was pretty tasty.


    Singles And Pairs: Primal Eggplant Parmigiana Stacker

  5. #455
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    756

    Re: Vegetarian and Vegan Passion

    ^ I have no idea what that tastes like, but it looks delish! I'd have to find a substitute for the parmesan cheese, though.

    I really do need better cooking chops...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

  6. #456
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,221
    You can make a pretty tasty cheese sauce with soy products (margarine and milk,) add in nutritional yeast, cashews, and flour. Not in that order though. Make it like one would make a regular sauce starting with a roux.

  7. #457
    Desert RAT
    Reputation: Joshua_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    240
    Anyone have any ideas for homemade vegan sports drink mixes? Or energy bars for racing?

  8. #458
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_B View Post
    Anyone have any ideas for homemade vegan sports drink mixes? Or energy bars for racing?
    No Meat Athlete | Vegetarian Running and Fitness

    Tons of awesome vegan recipes on there. The author of that site has been turning raw over the last year or two so most of the newer articles include raw options but the older recipes arent necessarily raw.

  9. #459
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,531
    Vegos n vegans are sick people in more ways than one
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  10. #460
    Desert RAT
    Reputation: Joshua_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    240
    Thanks for the reply GTscoob! That is a great site!

  11. #461
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bikemaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraspontane View Post
    ^ I have no idea what that tastes like, but it looks delish! I'd have to find a substitute for the parmesan cheese, though.

    I really do need better cooking chops...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Vegetarian and Vegan Passion





    Also, this is my favorite place to browse recipes: Welcome to VegWeb.com | The World's Largest Collection of Vegetarian Recipes They have reviews as well, so you can get some tips on any tweaks, as well as whether or not the recipe is even any good! Tons of recipes, and quite an active community leaving reviews. Use the search function, trust me. WAY too many tasty recipes to browse through


    Oh, and whatever you do, DO NOT LOOK AT THIS SITE! -----> vegan | TasteSpotting
    You will be drooling on your keyboard for hours, most likely feeling the future pounds pack on as you declare 'MUST. MAKE. EVERYTHING!!111!!'


    You're welcome.

  12. #462
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    587
    At first I didn't hate vegans. Until they started messing with what I eat.

  13. #463
    Desert RAT
    Reputation: Joshua_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    240
    I didn't mess with what you eat, and I'm not going out of my way to talk smack on a veggie passion thread.

  14. #464
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,150
    Thug Kitchen







    Plenty more of those on the thugkitchen site.

  15. #465
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,221
    Nature's butter, *****. Best line ever.

  16. #466
    rho
    rho is online now
    Captain Pinchflat
    Reputation: rho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    Vegetarian and Vegan Passion





    Also, this is my favorite place to browse recipes: Welcome to VegWeb.com | The World's Largest Collection of Vegetarian Recipes They have reviews as well, so you can get some tips on any tweaks, as well as whether or not the recipe is even any good! Tons of recipes, and quite an active community leaving reviews. Use the search function, trust me. WAY too many tasty recipes to browse through


    Oh, and whatever you do, DO NOT LOOK AT THIS SITE! -----> vegan | TasteSpotting
    You will be drooling on your keyboard for hours, most likely feeling the future pounds pack on as you declare 'MUST. MAKE. EVERYTHING!!111!!'


    You're welcome.
    Also, if anyone is near a bookstore or their amazon.com account, I've been enthralled with the veganomicon. I like these paper cookbook thingys...

  17. #467
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bikemaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    969
    OMFG YES!

    The Veganomicon!! I have it too! I forgot to mention it!

    BUY IT. Every single recipe is full of win and awesome. Really, really good stuff in there, lots of variety for all tastes, tips and tricks, tons of info and pages to explore!

  18. #468
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    OMFG YES!

    The Veganomicon!! I have it too! I forgot to mention it!

    BUY IT. Every single recipe is full of win and awesome. Really, really good stuff in there, lots of variety for all tastes, tips and tricks, tons of info and pages to explore!
    So, did you just have an "O" while posting?
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

  19. #469
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bikemaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    969
    *hides the zucchini and whistles innocently*

  20. #470
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    *hides the zucchini and whistles innocently*
    You didn't put that back at the supermarket, did you?
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

  21. #471
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bikemaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    969
    I used it today when cooking at work.

    They say the best tasting food is made with love!! <3!!

    So everyone remember to put lots of love in your cooking and ingredients, including a garden! Your cooking will be THE BEST tasting and health-wise when you know exactly what is in it, and worked hard to put lots of love into every part of it!

  22. #472
    Master Shredder
    Reputation: mk.ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    298
    I recently found out I had IBS so I've switched to being fully vegan and gluten-free.

    I'm no stranger to extreme diets (I've done a 22 day juice fast in the past, it was an incredible experience), and I was already contemplating going vegetarian, so it hasn't been hard for me at all.

    It really just forces you to be more thoughtful about what you eat and prepare more meals for yourself. Learning how to cook is never a bad thing.

    I've been on the diet for a few weeks now and I'm very slowly starting to see symptoms subside. Definitely going to stick with this as a lifelong dietary commitment!
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Back to the Future

  23. #473
    Master Shredder
    Reputation: mk.ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    298
    lollllll repped the dude who posted the Thug Kitchen link

    Vegetarian and Vegan Passion-tumblr_mjl3p5vkrk1r4qrdyo4_1280.jpg
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Back to the Future

  24. #474
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,221
    ^^^^
    Really? It only sucks when people drag it down. Congrats on adding to the suck factor.

    Time to counter the suck with some more Thug Kitchen.

  25. #475
    pin it
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,252
    Fun commercial.

    Silk Milk from CINEMA SCOTT on Vimeo.

    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any vegetarian riders out there?
    By stumblemumble in forum Nutrition and Hydration
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 07:59 PM
  2. My Dog Is Now A Vegan?
    By Dirdir in forum Arizona
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM
  3. Vegetarian
    By hdo_1975 in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 07:52 AM
  4. Anyone here a Vegetarian or Vegan?
    By DownHillFast in forum Arizona
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 09:02 PM
  5. Vegan SS?
    By bigboarder1 in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 04:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •