mtbr member

The Ultimate MTB Workout

I was thinking about getting this program for training. Has anybody got it before and have comments on the program?
    http://ultimatemtbworkout.com/

mtbr member

It's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmit450 View Post
    I was thinking about getting this program for training. Has anybody got it before and have comments on the program?
    Ultimate MTB Workout Program | Mountain Bike Specific Strength & Cardio Training Program
    This was probably the single most valuable investment in my riding. The mobility and flexibility exercises alone improved my riding.

James Wilson is great. He has never ignored a single one of my dozens of fitness questions.

Buy it!
    Salsa Bucksaw
    Trek Farley
    Niner Jet9 RDO
    Niner Air9 Carbon SS
    Rockhopper Comp SL

mtbr member
    Interesting

mtbr member
    I went ahead and got it so we will see how it works out.

Genius
    Hi jsmit450. I am wondering if you started this yet and what your impressions are to date.
    "I think im gonna go to walmart and look at the mountain bikes and see if i can salvage the rear frame."- Nick_Knipp 3/21/12

mtbr member

The Ultimate MTB Workout

I am on week 5 and it is definitely a different type of workout then I am used to. I have been following it but the real test is going to be if there is a difference in my riding.Because the winter weather has been so messed up I really have not been able to ride to see if I notice a difference. I am still skeptical until I get a ride in for now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Seems to start off almost too easy, but then you realise a month in what a difference it makes out on the trails. Teaches you the basics before getting hard

Delirious Tuck
    I fell down one of James' pink bike rabbit holes, started adding TGUs to my workouts, noticed some improvement, picked up some of his other stuff then tumbled into mymadmethods.com and the power and control on the bike are superb.

Endurance to spin is still best on long rides and intervals, but ability to own my DH and Trail bike through the ride has improved since incorporating his stuff.

mtbr member
    reviving this thread here... anybody has experience with both James workouts and Dee Tidwell Enduro MTB Training workouts?

Tidwell's workouts seem to be a little more focused on racing, and James on general riding fitness, but I'm not really sure if that's accurate, since I'm sure both would help you racing and general fitness.

Anyone used both and could share the experience? pros/cons

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I'm also interested

9 lives
    I would not be able to workout to a video or read a book. My preference for cross training (weightlifting, gymnastics, intervals, strength, and cardio training etc. etc) is at a gym (I do crossfit) where there is supervision, and provides all the equipment needed and instruction. I have tried performance training videos (ie spinning on a trainer) and it bored me. My goal when I started CF over 2 years ago was simply to get stronger on the bike... the results exceeded my expectations.

I'm sure the videos contain great info but I am more motivated and disciplined in a workout environment (gym) and I like the personal connection with a coach/instructor. I understand that some people do like and enjoy following along using other methods (video's, books, etc). My experience is different.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    I do also like to do a workout at the gym, I'm looking for a plan to follow instead of doing random things. I used to like that Mountain Athlete app from north face but seems like they discontinued, really good set of exercises, that you can get at Mountain Athlete Plans but it's more focused on ski/climbing/mountaineering, even though they do have a pre-season mtb workout.

I've been doing this http://www.tetongravity.com/story/bi...-workout-guide for a few weeks, but looking for something long term and more consistent.

9 lives
    It would interesting to get feedback from some of the people who posted back in 2013 to hear how this type of workout was for them and whether they were able to achieve any results and sustain them.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    In addition to the "Ultimate MTB Workout" he has offered the following training programs:
    Spartacus Sandbag Workout; No Gym-No Problem Workout; MTB Core Training workout; Steel Mace training program; MTB Dumbbells training plan; Kettlebells training program.

What is the BEST James Wilson training plan for the average MTBer?

used to be RipRoar
    Got my attention....and video samples anywhere?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Try bikejames.com
    Anthem Advanced
    ECR