mtbr member

So are their other bladders people recommend than the Camelbak Antidote?

So I am looking for replacement bladders for my camelbak mule's (2) and other packs and typically I would just buy another camelbak bladder specifically the camelbak antidote. However when I looked online at REI and at Amazon I was surprised to see quite a few bad reviews.

Have you guys had issues with the new camelbak antidote reservoirs and do you recommend a different bladder (it would have to fit with the mule preferably 3 liters).

JW
    "Chancho. When you are a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants... Its for fun..."

Cumbria, England.
    I use 'Source' bladders...I find them easier to put drink powders in, they're easier to clean and you can disconnect the hose on the new ones (you couldn"t on the old ones). Whether or not one would fit your Mule better than a Camelbak one, I don't know.
    - The seasons blow away, but the love is just the same -

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I had an antidote for a little while and it started to leak fairly quick,poor rubber seal. I have a deuter pack, which I love and decided to try their bladder that came with it and have been really happy with it. Much better than the antidote in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Hydrapak is easy to clean and has never leaked. My Camelbak leaked and was hard to clean. Will not buy another bladder from Camelbak. Hydrapak fits in my Mule.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I must be the only one that hasn't had a problem and likes the antidote bladder.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I've always a been a big fan of the camelback bladder. I replaced my old one last year with an antidote. I really like the slim fit and the baffles. Fast forward 6 months and the quick connect no longer works and it's now leaking around the seals. Dissappointing

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Here's something kind of of the wall go to the local Army Navy Store and get a tactical bladder and if in the market they have awesome assault packs to put them in. But is a bladder is all you need then thats all you get. At my local store in Boise, ID a bladder is about $12 and the pack with one included is $39!

DTP
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    i have been using mine for some years now and they seem to work fine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've had good luck with HydraPak bladders. I only run water, but they are easy to clean.

mtbr member
    Ive been used to the camelback cause thats what i was issued before deploying to Iraq...if its good enough for combat its good enough for a bike ride

Double-metric mtb man
    I've had good experiences with Source bladders as well. I'm trying out a Geigerrig bladder (it's one you can pressurize, so the water will spray out...something that could come in handy as a bike patroller) right now but it is too early to pass along any comments on it.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    As a few others have mentioned the Hydrapaks are great. Very easy to clean, they open at the top by folding over with a clip, so you can turn them inside out to clean.

Miami, FL
    which MULE? (there is a .civ and a .mil version).

I have a very vintage .civ Rogue CB with 70oz bladder with never an issue.

I have a .mil HAWG with the 100oz bladder. Never an issue.

One thing I did hate about both of them and another bladder I'd tried is that it becomes a big round cylinder when full, taking up a ton of pack real estate.

So I now have the low profile .mil 3.1L bladder (with internal 'web') for the HAWG and it has been great.
    Dan
    Trek 3500 disc

mtbr member
    GEIGERRIG is the best pack I've tried.
    I picked up my GEIGERRIG Rig 500 and a inline filter. Its been a great device after 6 months of use..

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yup - Geigerrig. Once you have one you'll never go back to a non pressurized bladder. Never suck again.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I am going on my 3rd bladder since Christmas, the Antidotes are just simply put, horrible. They work great when they work, but then they leak like mad, You cant stop them from leaking and there is nothing worse than all your water leaking down your back into your bibs on a long long ride.

They are under warranty and im sending them back but im switching to a different bladder. I just cant afford to be on a 100 race and it pouring all my nutrition down my back. They leak at the quick connect (the o ring is cheap, it flattens out quickly and stops sealing) and they leak crazy bad at the 1/4 turn fill. If that seal is not perfect, and I mean perfect it pours out. If your like me and use Infinit or any other power mix, good luck. You get 1 crystal on the seal and its going to leak. Which when your in the woods dumping in powder to refill your pack, is going to happen.

I used the old camelbak bladders forever and never had any issues. Wish you could still get them.

If anyone has great advice let me know, going to be checking them all out this week. I am using a 2012 mule NV right now, great pack, rides super nice, but the bladder ;(

mtbr member
    On a trip when my antidote leaked, I went by Walmart and bought a bladder there to finish my ride. That was several years ago. The cheapo Wally world bladder works, with no fuss.
    "Wait, this thing doesn't have a motor?" - Socrates

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I ordered a hydrapak yesterday, will see how that goes. The video of them running over it with a fork lift and throwing it against the wall over and over with no leaks makes it hopeful. Also being able to turn it inside out to wash it, even with a baffle, seems great.

Will probably move my camelbak bite valve to it though, I do like the valve.