Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomerBrian View Post
    Anyone looking to get into smoothies on a budget check out the Oster BeeHive. Great smoothie blender for $60. Been using one for a couple of months now.
    Heck, I got this Oster blender for $17, on sale from $35. It has worked flawlessly so far. I wanted two things: 1) a glass jar (not plastic), and 2) "pulse" function.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Heck, I got this Oster blender for $17, on sale from $35. It has worked flawlessly so far. I wanted two things: 1) a glass jar (not plastic), and 2) "pulse" function.
    Nice...That is good to know that the other Oster lines work as well. Just wanted people to know you don't have to get the $400 blender to get started.

I went for the beehive because it had glass jar and all metal parts. Oster also has a 1 year warranty which is pretty good.

mtbr member
    I have a vitamix, and it is awesome for sure. I just pile in frozen fruit, a banana and yogurt at varying ratios. I don't really do the fancy stuff with all the veggies. I like my smoothies to be like dessert.

mtbr member
    I picked up one of these blenders about a year ago. You can put just about anything in it and it blends it up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    My favorite recipe is simple, fast and gives you great energy... over 1,500 calories

5-7 "Ripe" bananas... ( should be turning brown, or spotted )
    10-12 medjool dates
    1 tray of ice cubes

Blend it up... Add in berries, and/or Kale to get more nutrition...

Afric Pepperbird
    OK, here is what I've been addicted to lately:

1 6 oz cup plain yogurt
    1 cup 2% milk (yes, I love dairy)
    2 TBS flaxseed oil
    handful of frozen strawberries
    handful of frozen blueberries
    handful of frozen peaches
    1 fairly ripe banana
    1 TBS peanut butter
    1/4 cup oatmeal (non-instant!)
    1/8 - 1/4 cup Grape Nuts cereal
    (handful of kale or spinach or greens if I have them. I don't always have them)

Boy oh boy is this the bomb! The oatmeal and Grape Nuts give it great texture. The Grape Nuts don't get ground up much, but it adds a nice crunchy texture to the drink.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Mmm some good and disgusting looking recipes on here I've often used Tahini, along with PB, milk, cocoa etc. They get quite addictive after awhile. Love having berries, bananas etc for brekkie though. Sadly my blender has now cracked so will have to invest in a new one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2