Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    The cinnamon you are using has also been said to help regulate your blood sugar, among other beneficial things... one of them being making your smoothies taste good!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Good article! I never knew that! Yay!

mtbr member
    May 2014

Love Tumeric...

Just happened to stumble upon this site while searching for more info on turmeric. I just started using this last month to help with my chronic back pain (herniated/bulging discs lumbar) and I can testify that this herb really works. For the first time in 9 nine years I am pain-free so long as I use the root. I slice a couple of pieces and put in my iced coffee and eat the slices when I've finished drinking all my coffee. In conjunction with turmeric I also use ginger root that I dice up and put in my oatmeal every morning and on top of my cinnamon raisin muffins. Also, put the diced ginger in my water that I drink all day.

Quote Originally Posted by knutso View Post
    Just to update:
    Went through all three lbs of orange tumeric, the end of the last bag was starting to lose freshness. I was eating about 15-20 grams a day.

Purchased another three pounds, this time of white tumeric (curcuma zedoaria) The white stuff tastes waaayy more potent but does not stain at all. I upped my intake to about 20-30 grams a day, and the potency + added dosage makes my belly hum (in a good rootsy sort of way). Seems to provide the same anti-inflammatory benefits and general feeling of well-being. From what I sparsely read it is more potent as an anti-oxident than the orange.

Now looking for other roots to try, gonna get my all natural "Lance-cocktail" going

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It's just crazy how many good things turmeric does. I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on tv, and I feel like such a hippie saying this, but I wish I could just stick it in syringe and inject it right into tumors, I bet it would work a lot of the time (please still go see your doctor if you have a tumor). My aunt has breast cancer and she's going through all this chemo and it it's just painful to watch considering that maybe something as simple as that could work, of course it would be much less expensive than the current treatments so... Anyway 20-30 grams a day? I was looking at my jar of turmeric powder and that would equal about half the jar! Is there a guideline or how much you are supposed to ingest?

mtbr member
    20-30 grams is fresh tumeric which will weight a lot more than powder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yeah I suppose you are right, I guess I have to get a scale, but even then I wonder what's the difference between eating 5 grams, 50, 100? Just have a whole root a day for breakfast heh?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tmabiker View Post
    It's just crazy how many good things turmeric does. I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on tv, and I feel like such a hippie saying this, but I wish I could just stick it in syringe and inject it right into tumors, I bet it would work a lot of the time (please still go see your doctor if you have a tumor). My aunt has breast cancer and she's going through all this chemo and it it's just painful to watch considering that maybe something as simple as that could work, of course it would be much less expensive than the current treatments so... Anyway 20-30 grams a day? I was looking at my jar of turmeric powder and that would equal about half the jar! Is there a guideline or how much you are supposed to ingest?
    I hope that your aunt is doing better now. Like you I am a layman but do believe that are diseases are environmentally charged. On that note, if there is a health food store, Whole Foods or Market Basket in your area you would be able to purchase the root. Personally, I did not get any relieve from the spice. I eat daily 1/2 inch of the root and the only staining that has occurred is on the gloves I wear when I remove the top skin.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Would just normal cooking turmeric offer a similar benefit as to the raw root you are all referring too?

I guess not as its been roasted/dried.

Just thought id ask.

Might have to try some of this Tumeric and Ginger. I can get raw Ginger at my local grocer not sure on the raw roots thou.

Would i need a health food store or maybe an Asian grocer for that?

mtbr member
    May 2014

Raw turmeric root

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gravity View Post
    Would just normal cooking turmeric offer a similar benefit as to the raw root you are all referring too?

I guess not as its been roasted/dried.

Just thought id ask.

Might have to try some of this Tumeric and Ginger. I can get raw Ginger at my local grocer not sure on the raw roots thou.

Would i need a health food store or maybe an Asian grocer for that?

Mr. Gravity you can find the roots (turmeric and ginger) at any Market Basket, Whole Foods, Asian/Indian grocery stores. I have found recipes online for turmeric tea and other recipes that incorporate the root various dishes. If you do any juicing you can include it in that process. Personally, I prefer to eat it raw like a carrot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shesnothere View Post
    Mr. Gravity you can find the roots (turmeric and ginger) at any Market Basket, Whole Foods, Asian/Indian grocery stores. I have found recipes online for turmeric tea and other recipes that incorporate the root various dishes. If you do any juicing you can include it in that process. Personally, I prefer to eat it raw like a carrot.
    how do you eat it raw like a carrot? the stuff is so strong and i love strong spicy pungent food, i put about a 1/4 teaspoon ground fresh in my organic veegie juice in the morning. if i go more than 1/4 it really get strong. eating the raw root is hard to believe . lol

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Mr. Gravity, I guess the important factor in all of this no matter how we consume the root is that it works. I can't imagine not having this as part of my daily regimen-the chronic pain in my lower back would have me tethered to the bed or couch and in tears. Anyway, enjoy your veegie juice and horray for all of us new turmeric users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2